Unlikely Heroes

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating the score after this ...

My first thought is 3... but 1 sounds funnier. LOL

If 2 is right, I dont know ... ._. I dont have great experiences with bronies. OTL sorry...

Hmm which to choose. I'm leaning towards 2 because it hasn't been chosen but I feel more drawn towards the other two. Hmm I think I'll stick with 2.

I am going with number 3! =D

Good turnout! I'm waiting a while before I reveal. Tomorrow evening, if I don't have any more guesses, I will post the answer. Whomever has guessed the truth will go next!

In the meantime, I am posting Masaru's NPC sheet.

Non-Aligned/Rogue

Name: Kurosawa Masaru
Appearance:

Superpower and weaknesses: Chi Manipulation

This ability allows Masaru to reach into the wellspring of his own life force, to channel that energy and project it into reality as a tangible manifestation. Long theorized by many martial arts masters, but thought to be only legend, the ability to channel one's "chi" to this extent is certainly not something which should normally happen; not without outside interference from the serum.

Masaru demonstrates the ability to form quasi-physical energy projections which will inflict impact(1), heat and electric damage(2) to objects and living beings. This type of energy is most closely related to energetic plasma, both in composition and in effect. It is possible to deflect attacks(3), both physical and energy-based, by projecting a shaped energy field as part of a blocking action, as well as to forcefully emit projectiles of (theoretically) any shape. He has also been seen enhancing normal unarmed strikes(4) with an expulsion of energy at the point of impact, as well as projecting stable energy weapons which may be used in melee attacks.(5)

Though these projections can have a devastating effect on unprotected objects or people, the ability has three primary weaknesses: First, Masaru tires more easily from use of this ability than other similar abilities, as it is drawing on his own life force. Second, the ability requires a physical component -often a very specific gesture- to enable the emission of any energy attacks. Masaru is also just as vulnerable to mundane attacks and super abilities as any normal human of his training and experience would be; apart from actively deflecting attacks, his ability in no way increases his physical resistance to injury.

Masaru has learned to mitigate these weaknesses in two ways. First, his endurance is unusually high, due to a lifelong regimen of martial arts training. It is this quality which keeps him in the fight long enough to be of use to his allies, despite the tiring effects of using his ability. Second, he tends to be very conservative in regards to his ability, saving his energy for attacks of opportunity. It is his preference to disable opponents early, rather than engage in prolonged conflict.

His favored tactics are a heavily reactive fighting style and a "wait-and-watch" method for mapping out his opponents' tactics. Whenever possible, he will use an opponent's strategy against him, wait for an opening, and knock him out of the fight with minimal losses. As a result of this conservation of energy, it is rare to see Masaru engage an enemy with his ability at long ranges, due to the higher chance of missed shots. He greatly prefers relying on his physical fighting abilities, using his ability only when the opportunity arises to devastate the enemy's defense with it. As he is fond of saying: "Put your energy where it will have the greatest effect."

Despite his preference for defensive techniques, Masaru has never been known to allow unnecessary prolonging of a conflict or situation, and certainly has the ability to put himself on the offensive. It is all a matter of what is needed in that moment. In the years since his exposure to the serum, Masaru has shown an increasing desire to test his limits, up to and including unnecessary risks such as breaking up street fights, chasing thieves, and even some occasional stunt work. Masaru is fully capable of putting himself on the line for others and does not appear to be deterred by the potential dangers to himself. Whether it is a side effect of the serum or a simple choice to pursue his limits is not known.

Information known so far of the character: Masaru runs an Okinawan martial arts studio in New York city, and has done so for the last six years. He opened the studio approximately six months after the original Sierra Project was shut down, and his team was disbanded. Recent efforts to reconnect with Masaru have not been successful, though it is unclear as to whether he is opposed to the Bravo team or simply chooses not to return to that time in his life.

Maybe?

By the way, I'm thinking of ending my turn at Three Facts tonight. If anyone has not guessed, or is not ready for the reveal, please respond and let me know.

Reactions: IzKripp
Ok, we're ready for the reveal! The answers below are Sam's own words; as if she'd spoken them herself. It doesn't get any realer than this, folks.

Fact #1: "I'd rather eat napalm than use an Apple product."

"Truth is...resources are resources. Come on; I'm NOT going to use every possible tool to my advantage? Put me in a burn zone and I'll become the fastest student ever to learn the Mac."

Fact# 3: "Reformer HQ actually feels like home."

"Come on, man. There's no home for me. Be honest! Just because a couple of genetic mistakes try to recruit me for their own personal army doesn't mean they accept me. No one accepts me. Not really. They just see what I can do and that's when they get dollar signs in their eyes."

Fact #2: "I have a secret, shameful admiration of MLP."

"Yeah, so what? It's not like I actually believe this stuff. It's just...interesting. People doing nice things because...well...I don't know why. Just because? I don't understand it, and that's the draw. I have to research this further. Maybe it could be useful."

That makes Kirra our only winner! Congratulations, Kirra: You may either go next, or select the next person who has not already taken a turn this round.

Thanks to everyone for playing!

Good job on your round Weaver! Instead of using Jenna I decided that this time around I'm going to use Tia, the youngest member of Gen. Bravo. It took me a bit to make sure that the options I have chosen I haven't mentioned before but I think I got it.

1) At one point Tia had a crush on Garret.
2) Tia has someone that is related by blood in the TSP.
3) Tia has a house in the Rocky Mountains and Alaska.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to go with #3. From what we've seen Tia doesn't seem to like urban areas and the Rocky Mountains and Alaska are both sparsely populated.

Hmm...I'm honestly thinking #1. She doesn't seem particularly bothered by the fact that she's working for them, so it can't be that they're holding a blood relative hostage. I suppose it "could" be #2, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

My vote's for #1.

Hey am I still welcome here or did I get written out? Sorry for my inactivity but this is my only RP on this site and checking it constantly sometimes slips my mind.

No sir, you are still in. I was actually getting kind of worried, though. Glad to see you're still knocking about.

If you need any details about the sedative or tracking beacon, feel free to PM me. I know exactly what they would have done, and where they'd have dropped him off.

Welcome back PoS! You're good to go. Feel free to hop in once you and Weaver get caught up.

I think I'll wait until we get another vote or two before I reveal the answer. Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.