Unlikely Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that. That's interesting. I'll have to remember that to tell my friends.

Hmm, Christian was old enough to drive before the accident so I think I'm going with the first one.

Yeah, the next version of the dictionary used the context of the poem to extrapolate what the words meant. Things like chortled, frabjous, and galumphing had no meaning prior to the writing of that poem.

I wonder what it must be like to be the guy that invented new words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaah, seems I missed most characters!
I am going with the not being able to sing for Christian. :D

How many people have to vote before I reveal the answer?

Alright and the answer is in.

The correct answer is... Number One.

1. Christian was old enough to get his learner's license before the accident occurred. Though he can't accurately drive it serves as a piece of ID.

2. Christian is perfectly capable of singing well and while his music lessons generally focused on instruments he would sometimes get his students singing along to help memorize rhythms and melodies.

3. I ran out of ideas and pulled that one out of thin air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rina
Pulling things out of thin air is always one way to go. I've talked to Regan on skype and seeing that she hasn't gone yet I'm going to let her take my turn. Good luck everyone!

*Emerges from trash can* HAHAHA YES LET US BEGIN

1. Ester has dated more women than men.

2. Ester's favourite food is Duran Melon.

3. Ester enjoys blue grass music

Now, GUESS AWAY *Laughs manically while descending back into trash can*

(Just because Ceru said 1 and I thought it would be funny to have 1,2,3 as the first guesses.)

And the Answer isssss *Drum Roll*

1!

Ester: 'Duran Melon is the worst thing on this planet and what the hell is blue grass music?'

• Thank You
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
I did it! =D

General Bio
Name: Katsuro Nakamura
Appearance: Katsuro is 5'9'' and weighs 165 pounds, with very little fat as a result of every day training. He has short black hair, dark brown eyes and enjoys wearing expensive, long-sleeved button-down shirts that he usually pairs with jeans.

28017-shawnyue-tt5x.jpg

Superpower
Name of ability: Dynamic Camouflage
Description: Allows the user to blend in with their immediate surroundings by mentally controlling the color pattern of their skin. Mastery of the ability will allow Katsuro to move in this state for great lengths of time, however the faster the movement and the longer the duration, the more energy and concentration is required.

Level one abilities: At level one, Katsuro has very little control over when his ability is activated. In fact, it won't have any chance of activating unless he has a rush of adrenaline. Once activated, the camouflage is imperfect in that the colors don't compensate for distance very well. The further away he is from the colors he is trying to blend into, the less convincing the camouflage. A close look at where he is standing can give him away. He cannot move at all if he wants to maintain the camouflage. Finally, the longest he can be blended-in without needing a break is one minute. Getting hit will break his camo immediately.

Level three abilities: At this stage, Katsuro has full control over when he goes into camo. He can move, though only at a walking pace, and can maintain camo for a maximum of five minutes before needing a short break. He can better compensate for distance, though still incapable of perfect camo. The imperfection of his camo can only be noticed under extreme scrutiny. A good punch will still break his camo.

Level five abilities: Once at level 5, his camo will be perfected to the point of appearing invisible, though perfect camo still impossible to achieve if moving any faster than a power walk. Regardless of perfection, Katsuro can remain in this state while sprinting at the cost of higher concentration and energy. The same goes for the duration and maintaining camo while withstanding strikes (though if he is withstanding strikes his location is probably already compromised).

Weakness/drawback: Katsuro's abilities are very limited at lower levels and even at mastery he can never hide the sounds he makes. Since, he cannot extend his abilities to his clothing; he must choose clothes that suit the colors he wants to mimic beforehand. He can always be a victim of imperfect camo even at level 5 depending on the speed he is moving at, the distance he is from the colors he is blending into and his level of concentration and energy (which will wane at high durations). Anything that can break his concentration or energy completely, even if for a moment, will totally break his camo.

History
History: Katsuro was born in Japan, where his father heavily emphasized education, it's importance and how it will take him to the top of the social ladder if he was at the top of his classes. Although he consistently made the top five in terms of grades, his father was brutally obsessed with being at the very top and was disappointed in his son until the end where he died of cancer. Katsuro was 14 at the time and though he never felt love from his father, his disappointment affected him so much that after his death he contemplated suicide. His mother recognized his grief along with her own and decided to start again in America, where they moved less than a year later.

There was certainly significantly less stress put upon him without his father, but he still felt empty inside. He was topping his classes without trying, but he was bullied due to being an outcast in a predominantly white school. He stopped taking class seriously altogether and spent most of his time getting into fights, which led to him seeking out underground karate dojos, where training was rigorous and fights were fought until knockout. In the process, he had been hospitalized twice due to injuries. After the second hospitalization, she understood what he had been doing and pleaded for him to stop due to the danger, but he refused. As soon as he was okay the leave the hospital, she kicked him out of their home and left him on his own at the age of 20. From then on he made his living off the prize money of karate tournaments, both public and underground, along with womanizing rich women and sweet talking them into having him move in until he got bored of them.

The day before the bus ride:

"Why don't you get a steady job?" Katsuro heard her say from behind him. He was sitting on the queen-sized bed, having only gotten up twenty minutes ago and already finding himself in the middle of a discussion he didn't want to be having. He moved into the luxury apartment with the beautiful woman doing her hair behind him about two months ago. It was located on Fifth Avenue, with a great view of central park. Although born into a family with a sizable amount of money, she carved her path as a graphic designer for one of the city's most famous museums and was a performance artist herself. He found her performing in the park and managed to sneak his way in and close enough to say hi after she was done. It was a cake walk from there.

"You know I'm a fighter, Fae," he replied lazily as he got up from the bed and walked over to the closet to assess his limited collection of clothing. Which one do I want to leave with? He thought as he looked through them. He had been with Fae for a little over three months, which he considered to be a pretty good run. Usually he's only able to mooch for about month before they start prying into his means of making money and getting annoyed at the fact that he doesn't make as much as they'd like. In time the questioning becomes daily and the expectation to get a 'normal' and steady job becomes real. But Katsuro didn't want that. He liked living the way he did—day by day, never knowing what will happen tomorrow. He fought in the ring for a small sum and when he felt like living large for a little while, New York was packed with beautiful, rich women and all he has to do is get them to like him for a little while.

"But it's not like the prize money is that much and you don't always make first place."

"I consistently make top three," he quickly retorted.

"First place is where the money is."

He grimaced a little as he buttoned up his shirt. Dumb cunt who's lived with money her whole life is going to tell me where the money is, he thought. He looked at himself in the mirror after he put on a pair of dressy, black shoes and thought about where he would go to look for another woman. There's that new museum in Chelsea, he thought. Considering how long it had lasted with Fae, he figured digging around for another in the art department would be a good idea. "I know you like fighting, but there's just no money in it. I have nothing against it as a hobby…," he heard her continuing to ramble. "…and I know it's big part of your culture too." Rich white girls talking about my culture, he thought as he closed his eyes and rolled his them hard enough to feel like they were going to sink deeper into his skull. He put on some cologne. "I just can't be doing all the work. Do you want to make this work, Katsuro?" she always said his name in an accent that wasn't her own.

"No. I don't," he replied as he walked toward the door.

"What?" she asked in complete surprise, turning around for the first time to look at him directly. "Where are you..? You can't just…"

The sound of the door closing cut her off. Consistently make top three. For some reason his own words echoed in his head a little longer. Katsuro never knocked out when he lost public tournaments. It always dragged out for quite some time before finally coming to a judge's decision. 'His stamina and speed is remarkable,' he remembered the critique of one of his latest matches. 'But crucial kicks were missed, allowing for his opponent to get the upper hand where it should never have happened. It's like a tug of war. It's frustrating to watch him get the upper hand so often and just keep losing it. It's a very close call, but I have to give the win to…' Katsuro shook his head. He pulled out his iPhone and opened Google maps and typed in: W-H-I-T-N-E-Y-M-U-S-E-U-M

Reactions: Rina
Status
Not open for further replies.