• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milo glanced at her, and smiled sweetly, seeming like an innocent boy. "No,bill go take a bath, and let you catch up with her." He mumbled sweetly, waving as he went to the bathroom.

"Aww, he seems like a sweetheart." Cooed Summer as she flicked her blonde hair from her shoulder.

"He's a sex-mad high school student who's only being nice and kind because I said we could have sex later," she admitted easily with a chuckle, setting herself down with a leg folded over the other, her eyes unsubtly gracing over her old friend. Hell, she may not have seen or dated her in years, but that didn't mean she couldn't look, did it? "Here, drink up. I like to be drunk, you ought to know that~ So, how come you're back in the US? I thought you stayed back in London with that lovely boyfriend of yours~!"​

"Well he's here too, you know. We're here on a holiday." She answered easily, folding her leg over the other as she refused the drink. "I'm not really found of drinking right now." She mumbled before going on to say, "he's lovely you know, we've been traveling nonstop, he loves to travel." Giggled the woman as she thought about her lover.

Her friend may not believe in settling down, but Summer did. Actually the girl was big on finding love. So the fact that she finally did made her overjoyed. "I wish you would settle down already. Then we could bout get married have our familie, and then our kids could play together." She grinned.

Wait. She couldn't possibly mean that, could she? Glaring suddenly at her friend as though she had just sprouted another head, Leora disappointedly placed the champagne down, trying to hide her anger and irritation with her best friend's apparent decision to settle down. Though when she began on the rant to try and convince Leora, that was when her composure snapped, and she let her anger and disappointment show.

"Honestly, Summer? I will never settle down, gosh. What happened to my fun-loving, free friend? You don't even drink alcohol anymore? Look, marriage is simply a way of losing your freedom, and as far as children are concerned, I hate them. Can you imagine having a little thing growing inside you, ruining both your looks and your life? No thanks," she grimaced, plopping down and downing her champagne easily - she wasn't going to stop drinking, after all. "You do you, but really... I encourage you not to do the whole shebang."​

"....Well think of it this way. You finally find the man you love, and you have the honor of being able to carry his child. I think it's amazing." She mumbled, resting a hand over her stomach, before looking at her best friend hoping she would get it.

"Leora doll...I'm pregnant.. you're going to be an aunt!" She squealed. She held her friend's hands hoping she would be happy for her.

It took a few seconds for the news to really sink in. Even when the other practically spelled it out for her with her declaration, Leora responded with a flat expression, gently easing her hand out of the other's grasp, and moved to pour herself more champagne. She did definitely need the alcoholic boost.

"Do you expect me to be pleased about the fact you're giving your life away for some snotty little brat that'll suck every dollar off you and leave you frumpy and motherly?" She huffed frankly - she knew no other way than being blunt, after all. "Honestly, Summer! I could slap you for being so dumb!"​

Summer looked at her disappointed, and a bit hurt. "Leora....I'm twenty six, I've lived my life, its time for me to settle down, and take the next step in life. Your crazy if you don't think so to." She grimaced, standing up. "I thought you would be happy for me Leora. I never judged you." She mumbled, before easily taking her leave.

Leora angrily stared after her friend, and her audacity to simply leave like that. In response, Leora furiously slammed the door shut after her and slumped onto her couch, tugging her knees to her chest and burying her head on them. Surely, Summer would see she was making a mistake, come back, and decide that she and Leora could go out and have fun, like old times?

Though, deep down, Leora realised that that was a long shot. Her friend had clearly decided to settle down, start a life and a family with the man she loved. To Leora, that was idiotic, and it just meant she would lose a friend. Big deal, right?​

Meanwhile, Milo was still in the bath, enjoying the rather nice water.

And, despite not entirely wanting to slump in there upset, she eventually wandered to the bathroom with a weary smile, sitting on the edge of the large tub. "...Summer's gone. I sort of drove her out, but... hey, that's because I'm an asshole. You can stay the night-- I'd like you to stay. We don't have to do anything sexual, I... I just don't want to be alone tonight."​

Milo glanced up from his bubble bath, arching a brow at her glum face. Instead of asking her, since she didn't look like she wanted to talk about it, he simply obeyed her. "Wanna join me? Nothing funny, just the water will make you feel a lot better." He mumbled.

"...Yeah, sounds nice," she admitted, appreciating the lack of flirtation, and simply an openness to be a friend and support her. She was clearly lacking in friends at the moment. Slipping out of her dress, and removing her rings to make sure she didn't knock them on the tub, she instantly sighed in delight at the warmth, offering the boy a small smile. "...You know, beneath the flirtation, you're a really nice person, Milo... I'd be glad to keep in contact with you as a friend, most definitely. I don't think Summer and I will be meeting up anymore."​

"Thanks, and do you wanna talk about it, or no?" Asked the younger of the two as he rested his arms on the side of the tub.

"I was under the impression she and I would spend time having fun like we used to," she began wearily, resting her own head back and breathing hard. "Turns out she's in a steady relationship and pregnant. Can you imagine? How idiotic is she being? To give up her whole life to devote herself to one person and lose her figure for a child?"

Sighing quietly, she eased herself up and offered him another quick smile, pecking his cheek affectionately. "You don't have to listen to me whine. I... suppose it's made me think a lot, I suppose. Maybe... Maybe I'll try a relationship, just to test whether it's something I can do."​

Watching her, he simply nodded in agreement with her. "...Well not everyone is the same. Some people think they should just start a family at a certain age, others feel like a family is a terrible idea...."

"Yes, well... Summer's clearly found it rewarding. I thought that perhaps I ought to try dating your teacher, Mr.Anderson. Richie's always been so nice to me..." She thought aloud, swirling her champagne in its glass as she played with the bubbles in the bath with her free hand. "I don't know-- I've never really had a boyfriend. Haven't you ever dated someone, properly?"​

"No. Love doesn't exist. Of a mother can leave her only child, then anyone can leave anybody." Answered Milo as he played with the bubbles.

"How cynical," she teased, albeit lightly as she simply rested back. In truth, the thought of devoting herself to someone, and having to do boring relationship things did horrify her-- though Summer had once thought the same, and now she was living happily and had a future to look forward to.In contrast, Leora didn't really have that future ahead of her. Hers was full of uncertainty and spending each day being reckless. One day, she wouldn't be able to do that anymore, and where would that leave her? Alone and lonely.

"I recommend you try to find someone, hon," she sighed after a long moment. "It's better than being alone one day, isn't it?"​

"I'm eighteen, I have time to have fun before trying to settle down." He mumbled, though he doubted he would.

"Eighteen... I'd love to be eighteen again," she sighed heavily, resting her head on her hand with a genuine smile on her face. Just being able to talk honestly with him, over something that wasn't flirty and seductive, did help her like the boy far more than she had already.

"I do still want to be your friend even when I do enter a relationship with Richie," she promised, easing out of the tub and wrapping a fluffy towel around herself. "You're a lovely person, Milo..."​

Status
Not open for further replies.