Tokyo Ghoul: The 28th Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akira giggled happily and snuck up behind Annabel again and tackled her making her yell. "A-akira!!" She yelled embarrassingly as she wiggled out from under akira and got up. "Hey where by one of the CCG out posts." Akira said happily as she pointed at the building and smiled but Annabel just shivered happy they didn't have anything that could tell a ghoul from a human. "Why aw you so happy to be close to there building?" Annabel asked her curiously making her slightly nervous. "We'll the ghouls have to eat us to survive so why wouldn't we be happy am I right. Plus it's not like your a ghoul or anything. Your to pretty and smart to be one of them." Akira said happily to Annabel. "If you say so." Annabel mumbled to akira while still staring At the walls of the CCG out post with nervousness. She hated being near here because she wasn't stupid, she knew the CCG where trying to find a way to tell a ghoul from a human and she didn't know when they could actually have that tech. "Let's go this place gives me te creeps." Annabel said nervously to akira as she grabbed Akitas wrist then started to pull her away from the out post before akira grabbed her and pulled back "no lets go take a tour!" She said happily while dragging Annabel into the CCG building.

Last edited:
Kikuoka continued to follow the scent of the group of Ghouls. Following it eventually led to her catching up with them. However, she didn't want to bring attention to herself just yet. She continued to follow them, staying in the darkness and far enough away to where they couldn't see her, but she could see what they might be up to.

In the cities of Tokyo two ghouls surround one boy, all ghouls however one is helpless to the capture of which these two thugs will soon do. One of the ghouls that was still behind the kid approached near the young ghoul and lifted him up by hugging him and lifting. The other ghoul that was kneeling in front of the ghoul stood up, ''Don't worry if there is a heart in the group it lives in the two of us'' He said trying to make the kid relax a little, the two ghouls were the most kind of the novice group. The novice group of the Hakaisha were small ghouls who were weak in comparison to the others, they wear masks and they are by far the ones who populate the group most. The two wrapped the arm of the kid around the neck of them and started to walk towards base. ''Lets go'' The two said at the same time, afterwards smoke emitted from the masks right before they entered a dark ally.

Meanwhile...​
In the basement of Suru's base a young ghoul was tied up to a chair, blind to everything except himself. Suru got word and headed towards the base to where he entered and walked downstairs to the basement eventually opening the cold metal door that emitted a screeching sound. Suru walked forward towards the ghoul, his boots made a stomping noise with every step.

''Sooooo... Your here for a check up, right?''

He questioned the young ghoul, his face yet unknown, however it was obvious that he was muscular with full of tattoos. He grabbed a chair near by and positioned it in front of the ghoul and turned it around where the back was facing forward. Suru sat down aggressively as if he didn't care, His face remained invisible to the other ghoul but it was clear to whom he was according to his attire which was visible by the backlash of the glaring light above.

Meanwhile in the CCG tower Sakura was nearly jumping for joy, today he was to meet his new partner. His sandals clicking with every step he made indicated to everyone that he was coming, he headed down the hall and opened the meeting room. Inside the meeting room there was a long table with multiple business chairs located around it, however today it was accompanied by other agents and of course Sakura had to awkwardly walk in on them.

''What the fuck... Everyone get the hell out.''

Sakura said in a slight aggressive tone but knowing him he was probably just joking around but needless to say the others didn't want to anger him so they all moved the meeting to a later date and left the room. Moving in he directed himself to the chair in the back, this chair was positioned at the end of the table and with a hard plop he slung his chair back against the wall and lifted his feet up resting them on the table. With nothing to do he started twiddling his thumbs and whistling. His multiple briefcases clinked against the metal of the chair as he moved above slightly in his chair.​

The pace quickened, and people stared. A few steps and faces began to turn, brows wide and mouths slightly agape at the sight of Akiko following the young messenger with such an intensity. Eyes deserted, shoulders relaxed, but the death grip she had on the handle of her briefcase and paperwork folder gave the impression that she was nervous. Incredibly. First impressions meant everything, and if things didn't go as well as planned, she certainly was hoping she wouldn't have to beat the shit out of whoever it was. She had no option to switch partners, especially not after what had happened, so whoever it was; young or old, stupid or smart, they were paired for life. Everyone knew what was going on simply by the click of her heels and wavering silence as the two of them walked down the wide corridors. Information spread like the black plague in these sort of situations, and when the woman who was nearly killed by her very own partner was now being assigned a new one, those around her couldn't help but be curious.

"Queenie is getting another one.." People hushed, holding hands over their mouths to muffle the whispering when sauntering by. They snickered, flashing gums and giggling softly like a pair of schoolgirls with the latest smack snugged under their tongues. "Let's see how long this one lasts.."

Her expression didn't flicker, not one bit with purple peepers set forward on the door in front of her. She had no time for petty drama, let alone giving the slightest bit of satisfaction to a set of desk jockeys who earned nothing but dirt. But for some reason, she craned her neck just a bit to look at them straight in the eyes, and flashed one of her very few smiles.

When someone like Akiko managed to slip out something like that, you knew the world was ending.

The messenger opened the door and stepped in, allowing the door to swing open and usher the blonde woman inside. As soon as she entered the gates of her new future, her smile disappeared entirely and she looked at the man sitting across the table. Her eyes narrowed. A pair of Japanese clogs, a stupid yellow tie and a tacky hair color similar to that of a damn flamingo.

"Uh.." The courier stammered, glancing at her and then to him, and suddenly back at her to finally bow. Things began to get awkward. "I-I'll leave you two to yourselves!"

And with that, she didn't want to say a damn thing. The door shut and the silence tugged at her insides.

This.. was her partner?

Reactions: Kame
River couldn't have known what was happening to him after he passed out but his mind wandered to the cannibal of the ward which scared the shit out of him but what was he to do? Struggle an be killed or be tortured then eaten, how could he possibly make this dissuasion but all he knew was one thing.... He would be dieing tonight and that was the end of it. He felt the arms of the two ghouls holding him he heard the heart beat of one which calmed him, reminded him of when his mother or sister would hold him when he had nightmares at night, the only difference was this wasn't his mother or sister and he would most likely be waking up into a nightmare instead.
@Edward
@Edward
@Edward

Last edited:
The door to the room opened with one of the loudest screeches Logan had ever heard, but the sound that really stuck into his mind was the sound of someone moving towards him. They were loud and echoed through the tiny room. They made Logan want to run away and hide in the shadows, but he restraints made that impossible. These feelings were accompanied by the strange feeling of hearing and knowing someone is closely, but being unable to see them.

"Check up ? No, sir I can't say that I am"

However as he saw the man sit down Logan felt a whole new sensation. Dread and fear, mixed together with a hint of panic. It couldn't be him. This had to be someone just playing games. There was no way it was actually Suru.

"Mind moving into the light ? I like to see who is talking to me"

@Edward

Akira had dragged Annabel into the CCG building and had been to oblivious to notice Annabel's nervousness at the sight of all the investigators. "A-akira we should go." Annabel said nervously to we but akira just ignored her words and pulled Annabel farther into the station. "Come one lets go take the grand tour of the CCG!!!" Akira cheered childishly as she looked around fro investigator to investigator constantly asking if she could see there brief case while Annabel just walked behind akira scared that one investigator would recognize her hair or some thing that could give her away as a ghoul. She was so nervous and scared that it showed plain as day, there was a sweat forming on her fore head and her eyes where constantly darting around trying to find an excuse to get akira to leave the CCG building.

Luhan sat there, sipping at his eighth cup of coffee that day. Smiling and waving goodbye to the last customer that left. Gulping down the last of his coffee, he stood up, running a slender hand through his caramel brown hair before wiping down the counter one last time. Waving goodbye to the manager of the small cafe, Luhan exited the cafe, loosening his black tie, which contrasted from the fitted white button up and black vest which was all a part of the Yukikaze cafe. Despite all the coffee he had consumed that day, Luhan was starving and keeping his ghoul impulses at bay was starting to become harder and harder when he was being surrounded by potential meals.

Ducking into an alley way, he could hear commotion down the lane. It seemed that ever since Ghouls and humans had begun to co-exist more peacefully, more and more violence, ironically, had begun, but instead of it being humans and ghouls, it was ghouls with ghouls. Peaceful ghouls with the more hot headed ghouls. Not wanting to really get caught up with anything, he hunted for a meal, his beautiful wing like kagune outstretched behind him. While he didn't really like the thought of eating humans, in the end, they were still like cattle to him: just a food source. In the end, humans did much worse things than ghouls did. It seemed like the answer to all of the humans problems were to exterminate them. From the very beginning, when explorers first traveled to South and North America and met the natives there. They had massacred or turned into slaves simply because they viewed the natives as a nuisance.

Because his patience was running low and he was starving, the first human he rested his eyes on became his prey. Stabbing a young girl through the heart, he uttered an apology before beginning to dine, blood dripping from his dark kagune.

Reactions: Kame
Suru stood up and rubbed his chin, ''That's weird.. it says here that you have a check up.'' He had his hand in a heightened position as if he had something in his hand, however there was nothing there. The way he was looking at this invisible object and holding it it would seem like it was a clipboard of sorts. ''God damn nurse...'' He slightly screamed with a angry voice as he lifted his hand and slung his arm downwards as if he was slamming the clipboard on the ground. ''Well... i guess we should start on that check up'' He ignored every word that the young kid said, it was as if he was in his own little world unable to see what was really going on. Was Suru in a imaginary hospital? The only person that could know is him as he never explained his method to anyone and no one ever lived to tell about it. A screeching noise emitted from behind the boy as a large metal table was rolled from behind to the front. ''Well what should i use.... huh?''

Meanwhile upstairs the two ghouls carried the kid to a cell where the ghouls politely sat him down inside. The door was shut and locked, however the silence of the cell was interrupted after a while by a shuffle behind the kid. A person was already in the cell, however the individual was unable to be seen before due to the shadows and how dark it was inside the cell.
(You are now given a NPC, do with it as you will and give it a appearance and gender as you like)

Sakura lifted his feet up and slammed them down on the white tile floor, he then began to stand up and walk towards the girl. With every step a click was made, although annoying to most it was how he walked and his style actually fit him perfectly. He stood firm in front of her and bowed in respect. ''I am Sakura, Rank S and i will be your partner, You can call me SenbonSakura. I've heard much of you and i'm sure you've heard of me...'' He said before he raised back up.

Suru stood up and rubbed his chin, ''That's weird.. it says here that you have a check up.'' He had his hand in a heightened position as if he had something in his hand, however there was nothing there. The way he was looking at this invisible object and holding it it would seem like it was a clipboard of sorts. ''God damn nurse...'' He slightly screamed with a angry voice as he lifted his hand and slung his arm downwards as if he was slamming the clipboard on the ground. ''Well... i guess we should start on that check up'' He ignored every word that the young kid said, it was as if he was in his own little world unable to see what was really going on. Was Suru in a imaginary hospital? The only person that could know is him as he never explained his method to anyone and no one ever lived to tell about it. A screeching noise emitted from behind the boy as a large metal table was rolled from behind to the front. ''Well what should i use.... huh?''

Meanwhile upstairs the two ghouls carried the kid to a cell where the ghouls politely sat him down inside. The door was shut and locked, however the silence of the cell was interrupted after a while by a shuffle behind the kid. A person was already in the cell, however the individual was unable to be seen before due to the shadows and how dark it was inside the cell.
(You are now given a NPC, do with it as you will and give it a appearance and gender as you like)

Sakura lifted his feet up and slammed them down on the white tile floor, he then began to stand up and walk towards the girl. With every step a click was made, although annoying to most it was how he walked and his style actually fit him perfectly. He stood firm in front of her and bowed in respect. ''I am Sakura, Rank S and i will be your partner, You can call me SenbonSakura. I've heard much of you and i'm sure you've heard of me...'' He said before he raised back up.
River groaned quietly as he started to wake up slowly his head feeling like some one had put a bullet into his head and had broken his ribs. "W-where? Am I" he said before wincing badly and curling up slowly while hugging his chest tightly. Before the ghouls had come to help him the humans had smashed his head pretty good and had smashed most of his ribs. He suddenly heard a noise and looked into the shadows some fear in his eyes as he tried to see what it was before getting to his knees and crawling to the door and trying to open it. "There's no point." The man in the shadows had said in a weak voice. The man sounded to be about twenty and severely tortured. "W-what do you mean?" He asked in a pained voice before doing his best to bang on the door again to try and get some one to let him out.

The all too familiar broken mask was placed one more as the hood from her jacket was drawn, offering some form of secrecy to the redhead. There were too many things going in the ward tonight- or that's what she heard at least. Hikari's lips were pursued in a thin line as amber hues peered at the sight below her, observing the various individuals walking beneath the building she stood on. "Are you ready?" She questioned, turning her head slightly to glance over at Shintaro, her younger brother who was also donning a mask. Although, his mask resembled more of a gas mask to be honest. "Let's get started." He spoke, voice slightly muffled by the mask. And with that comment, the two siblings made their descent from the building with the help of the shadows.

It would only be minutes later that they had commenced the hunt of the night. Unfortunately for their prey, an older gentleman of fifty, he was pinned against the wall of a empty alleyway by a similar pair of bikaku pointed dangerously at the man's chest. Hikari's hand clamped down on the man's mouth as Shintaro took the initiative and pierced the man's stomach with his kagune. The scream was muffled by Hikari's hands, fortunately. And within the next few seconds, teeth sunk into the flesh of the struggling man, ignore the muffled screams and pleas to release him. When they had their fill of the man, who had long ceased his struggles, the body was released from their hold and was soon crashing against the ground.

-- { ¢¢g αgєηтѕ } --

Alastor had already been given his current assignment for the following day- simply hunt down the Ghouls lingering in the 28th ward tonight. The rumors were that there numerous sightings of dangerous Ghouls crowding the current ward he found himself in. Drawing a breath, dark azure hues flickered over to his temporary partner in the assignment, Akiko Himura. "Keep an eye out." He lightly warned, vaguely remembering she was one of the newest additions to the CCG. And with that exchange, he began to led the way to the recent sighting of a Ghoul.

"Understood." Akiko answered, her gaze briefly flickering over to him before continuing to walk. The priority tonight was taking down as many Ghouls as they could before the night was over. Shaking those thoughts away, she followed after the experienced agent. Would it be wrong of her to feel the least bit excited to be out in the field for once? No, it shouldn't be, considering this was a natural feeling, right? Before Akiko could get too caught up in those thoughts, her gaze flickered to the bypassers. "Should we check out someone of the alleyways along the way?" She suggested, all too aware of how frequently Ghouls took their business there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Akiko had no words, nothing at all. As hard as she was managing to try, not a single thing would form at the end of her tongue and she just stood there, almost glaring, inspecting every little thing about this stranger and how stupid he looked with his gaudy attire and unusual hair scheme. She had gotten word of him before, from her superiors and even the usual desk jockeys, and while not all pleasant, she could certainly see why. How would she look standing side-by-side with this man? Would she too have to buy herself a bizarre outfit to at least make herself look fitting?

She breathed in sharply, letting the lungful of air sit there until the man got up, sauntering over with a speed that made his clogs sound like a melody in the back of her mind. Akiko breathed out just as he bowed, and she cocked a brow, nodding her head just a tad to seem polite. "Pleasure to meet you." She responded, voice soft and sweet as caramel. You could tell she was the type that didn't speak often. If it hadn't been for her intimidating appearance, intense eyes and harsh words, you could most definitely say she was similar to that of a gentle school-girl. "Indeed, I have. Plenty." Akiko placed down her belongings and tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear, bowing before the man that was now bound to her for life. "I'm Akiko, Rank S, and as you may know people call me Queen." She said, straightening out her back to look at him straight-on again. She wanted to get this bullshit over with, cut to the chase. The good parts. "Call me whatever you please, names mean nothing to me."

There was a certain harshness in those words, and she continued to stare at him. Not feeling awkward at all, and hopefully making him feel uncomfortable while at it. She wanted to establish her grounding in this partner-relationship. Human-to-human, dog-to-dog, while equal, she felt that if he was going to get in her way she better make things clear. She wasn't going to deal with another shithead partner like her last one. No one knows exactly what happened to him afterwards, and even to her, things are blurry. But Akiko knows for a fact that if this idiot was going to make things difficult, she was going to make it hell for him.

"Tell me about yourself." Akiko said, almost in a command with the way her voice sounded and she turned, taking a seat nearby to neatly place her hands in her lap. She heard much about him from the mouths of dirt, but now she wanted to hear it up-front. Was this man as true as the stories she has heard? "Briefly, please. Cut out all the bullshit, I haven't got the time."

Akira giggled happily as she dragged Annabel through the CCG tour. "A-akira lets go." Annabel kept sayin desperately to her but all she did was ignore Annabel and listen to there your guide. Annabel was frightened beyond compare now as try moved through the building her eyes constantly shifting from investigator to brief case and back as she silently begged for this tour to be over. "Isn't this cool Annabel!" Akira had asked happily before Annabel rapidly shook her head. "Can we please leave!?!" Annabel asked quietly in a pleading voice confusing akira. "B-but I though you would have fun on the tour?" Akira said to her before Annabel blindly ran into an investigator and fell down. "I-I'm so sor..." Annabel said as she rubbed her head before frezzing as she stared up at the investigator she had ran into, pure fear sweeping across her face. Her heart seemed to be in her ears because she could hear it beat as if it was right next to her ear. "You alright miss?" The investigator asked as he held out a hand for her to take a curious and worried look on the mans face. "F-f-fine." Annabel whispered to him while still sitting there frozen

Last edited:
River kept banging on the door as hard as he could "l-let me out!" He yelled in a strained voice as e banged before falling over "like I said kid. You ain't gettin out." The human said to river before looking at him as river turned around and glared at the man putting fear Ito his heart. "Y-your a g-ghoul!" The man said as he watched river while his kagunes slowly came out of his back an immediately fell to the floor with a loud bang before weakly starting to lift off the ground to try and smash the door down and escape

Status
Not open for further replies.