This is A Thing

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I didn't say I wouldn't. This... just happens to be the more mature of decisions," he responded, tutting to himself at how hard it all was. "You'll make friends, silly. You're a sweet guy~"

"I don't want to forget you," He stammered, moving to snake his arms tight around the other to pull him back once again, for a hug. "I don't want to see you hurt, or... Or lonely... I'm sorry if I'm being selfish but it's true!"

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
The inu simply sighed, pressing his forehead close in search of the affection, and once gaining it, refused to really move out of the close embrace, particularly because it could well be one of the last they had, especially now he had decided to leave, and probably in the time that Reginald left in search of Tobiah.

It was emotional, of course! It was horrendous, in truth, facing the reality that this could be it for their friendship... but perhaps it was for the best. Hell, things had been far from perfect recently between them with arguments and bitterness pursuing, so the space to simply focus on their families would be good... in spite of how horrible it would be to make the leave final.

"Hey, it's not selfish, really. It's... I get it, hon. BUT it's the only way, I suppose, haha," he chuckled, doing his absolute best to prevent sobbing hard. "A-Aha... it's... it'll be fine! Just... you'll make lots of friends when I'm gone. I kinda held you up on making ne friends, didn't I?"

I don't want any other friends," He whispered, burying his nose in the other's ear with a whimper. "Please promise to message me? Or call? I dont care if you have to sneak it, I just want to talk to you."

"If I sneak it, I'll just get hit and hurt and... I'll try, I swear," he promised quietly, biting on his plump bottom lip - if risking talking to Reginald meant being hurt by Kristof, and hospitalised, it was worth it. He wanted to stay in contact, not entirely lose it... and he wanted to ensure he could talk to Reggie when he needed help. Likewise, he wanted to fill him on on the quads, given he wasn't exactly going to see them grow up if things did go the way he thought they would. "...You just promise me you won't let Tobiah control you."

"Only if you dont let Kristof control YOU." He replied, shaking his head. "I want you safe and happy, not a slave to him. Just... Just like I'll try and ease off the medicine."

"Yeah, yeah, I said I'd promise. He doesn't even control me that much, not as much as Tobiah does with you," he stated softly.

"I... I guess, yeah. He only really monitors my medicine! Nothing else.... So, at least .s with good intentions? I mean..."

"And he stops you going to the village yourself, stops you getting a job, stops you making friends-- see the common thread here?" The inu mumbled, trying to hold back on the attitude sheerly for the fact he didn't want the other's last impression of him, or among the last, being bitterness.

Sighing heavily, the boy absently listening out for Kristof, running to the window in the bedroom to spot his lover, decked up in a heavy coat, scarf, gloves and hiking boots, head down the hill, in the middle of that snowstorm, which he wouldn't be stupid enough to risk unless for something important - and he knew fetching Tobiah would give him his family back, and for them, he would risk anything.

Smiling to himself at the sight, neglecting to mention it though (he thought Tobiah being brought back with the other remaining oblivious to it would make a good surprise), and instead lounged out on the bed with a smile, tail wagging slowly behind him in spite of the crushing pressure of everything. "I don't like him; you don't like Kristof. It's that simple, I suppose, and we're always gonna choose our Masters, Reggie. You know that, it's in our blood."​

"W-Well I hate our blood..." He whispered, burying his head in a pillow. "I hate my blood, and I hate my family, and I hate my species, a-and I hate myself. I hate myself because of this..."

Inhaling hard in clear shock at the other's statements, to the inu, it did seem like he was basically saying that, by hating their 'blood', he, in turn, would hate his species, and for Braylin who took great pride in being an inu, it was far too hurtful to hear his best friend downgrade his very being.

"Reggie..." He whispered, his eyes brimming with tears - evidently, he took the statement to heart, and he was highly emotional anyway given the fact he was about to leave his friend for the foreseeable future. "Y-You ought to be proud of who you are! Gosh, you shouldn't hate it. I mean, yes, it's a pain being bonded, but... at least be glad you found your Master. Some of us never do, g-goodness... You're sounding far too bitter to be the Reggie I knew. Kristof is right about you, haha..."​

"Well... Well, I'm not!" He squeaked, rubbing his eyes quickly with the sleeve of his sweater. "I'm not proud. Being a neko has only c-caused me trouble, and I hate it. I hate that I have to be bound to someone, a-and lose my best friend in the process. I hate that I'm not taken seriously, and I hate that p-people think they can tell e what to do, just because I'm not human. I just want to be happy, and... And I'm not, because of being me! None of this would happen if neither of us were who we are, Braylin. You wouldn't be taken away from me, a-and I wouldn't be as...As messed up as you and Kristof say I am."

"You make me sick," he suddenly cringed. He realised that his word were beyond harsh, but he couldn't help it. Hearing his best friend openly disregard his very species, when Braylin contrastively was proud of what he was (even if there were obvious disadvantages)... well, it made him think differently of his friend.

Frankly, Reginald didn't seem like the fun loving person he had been when the two first got to know one another. Braylin knew he himself had changed - he was more critical, more protective of Kristof than of Reggie, but that didn't mean he would let Reggie's changes go unheard of either. It was saddening, to say the least.

Although, before the inu could continue with his critiques of the neko's latest comments against his species, all colour drained from the inu's face. Always with rosy cheeks, the sight was more than odd, and slightly worrying when he doubled over, slim arms wrapping around his scarred midsection tightly and, coughing hard, he did weakly take a seat on the bed. Eyes widening at the pain shooting through him, he wasn't naive enough to not realise the extreme pain. The pain of being without Kristof felt similar, but this was a far more severe version, highlighted by the amount of blood now dropping from his lips.

If being without Kristof hurt for all the months, and this was a highly exaggerated version of that pain, the inu realised what must have happened, and immediately broke into mournful tears. "H-He... He's dead, I... ngh... I don't feel good, Reginald."​

"W-What?" He whispered, Reggie's own reaction to the scene a bit delayed by just how- naturally- shocked he was. Hurrying to his best friend's side, he helped him fully lay down as he desperately tried to tear off the boy's shirt, trying to inspect the other fully. "What do you mean he's dead? P-People don't just up and die, silly! Are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

While continuing on his blabbering, along with his inspection, he had to use every power in him to not freak out over the addition to the crying babies in the other room. Once the other was mostly stripped of his clothing, deciding to leave his underwear on for obvious reasons, he assisted him to roll over aswell, checking everything he could in his panic.

And while Braylin was usually a bashful character, refusing to even undress for bed if it was hot in the summer, he really was too agonised to truly care about the lack of clothing, too busy focusing on trying to stomach the pain and bat the other's hands away in an attempt to reassure him things would be fine.

But they wouldn't, and he knew that, but his nature told him not to worry the neko. How could he? Besides, it was basic knowledge - once a Master died, so did their neko or inu, and while he had no evidence to confirm it, he knew Kristof, his Master and the father to his children, was pretty much dead, for nothing other than that could explain the torrent of agony his body was undergoing. His skin, growing paler by the second, at one moment felt on fire and sent the inu into pained whines, and the other, he was as cold as ice and shivering accordingly.

"I... I'm alright, haha," he giggled, seeming to manage to do that in spite of everything. "Just don't w-worry about little old me. It's... probably because of the birth or somethin'."​

"It's definitely not because of the birth." He replied, feeling just how cold his friend was getting and deciding to wrap the other tight in the blankets. "I'll... I'll call the hospital, okay? They'll come and send an emergency helicopter for you, o-or sleigh dogs, or SOMETHING. Just relax, and try to stay awake?"

"Sleigh dogs..." He giggled quietly, biting on his already light blue lips in amazement at the thought - being an inu, he did have a natural liking for dogs, and even if this was him practically on his deathbed, as abrupt as it had all happened, his eyes did glitter somewhat out of their glazed state at the thought of seeing huskies. It did somewhat distract from the haunting fact his master was dead, and he didn't want to focus on that for obvious reasons, not even to wonder how it had all happened.

Well, he had one hunch, but claiming it could be Tobiah at fault wouldn't go down well.

"I... I'll be fine," he grinned, nudging him quietly as a form of reassurance - the longest he had heard of someone going after their master perishing was two weeks, so he had some hope that he wouldn't just cop it in that minute. "Go tend t-to the kids, please? I'm not gonna just die, silly."​

Tears now trickling down his cheek at the sight, the neko was shaking in honest fear. He may not be an expert at medical stuff, or anything for that matter, but he knew for sure that blue lips weren't a good sign.

He buried his head in the other's chest, shaking his head. "N-No... No, I don't want to leave your side, Braylin. I don't want to leave when you're like this... I'm not letting anything take you away from me again."

"Aren't you being a little silly? I'm fine," he reassured, stressing it as best he could, made difficult when he had to stop every few seconds to dab blood away from his pouring nose. Yet, he continually managed to smile, even if the overwhelming bitterness that waved over him wanted to make him scowl.

"I... I think Tobiah killed him," he finally sighed, unable to hold back on that revelation he himself had come to - who else could it have been? Kristof had gone to retrieve Tobiah, and it would make sense for the neko's master to lash out at him out of anger and fury, wouldn't it? "It's the only r-rational explanation, and... it's not like Tobiah g-gave a shit about me. He knew I'd die as a result... hmph..."​

"S-Sh, stop talking." He pleaded, his voice muffled by the other's skin. "I dont want to talk a-about this, please.... Can't we just talk, you and me? N-No masters, no children..."

Status
Not open for further replies.