This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Groaning to life, he let his wide eyes flutter open and lock on the boy. "Someone's in the...? Hn, stay here then. I'll check up on them, and I'll scream if it's someone dangerous. Just rest back for me."

Forcing himself slowly from the bed, Reggie moved silently to the next room with a small grimace to expect the worst

And, if it was thought through more rather than getting carried away with fear and worry, it was understandable that the 'intruder' would be the father of the children, having entered in search of Braylin, only to have heard the crying, put two and two together, and hurried to shush the crying of his actual children.

So stood over the two cribs, with the fussiest of the four safely cradled in his arms, Kristof was happily admiring all of them... until noticing the other presence in the room, his handsome features, evident even in the dark, contorting to that of intrigue once realising it was Reginald.

"...I understand you've been caring for Braylin," he muttered after a moment, voice calm despite the clear anger in his eyes. "You took him from me originally, of course, but I at least am thankful... sort of... psh..."

Hissing at the sight, Reggie clung to himself from just the sight. This man was the very man that had hurt his best friend, the only person he saw as family. It took literally every fiber of his being to stop from pouncing the man and scratchint his eyes out.

No, he instead simply shrugged as he leaned against the doorframe. With cheeks flushed, he let a few nails scratch the doorframe.

"So you've finally made it, hm? Lovely. I hope you realize that it was not my choice to let you here. I hate you, end of story."

"Oh, it pains me to hear, dear," he laughed playfully, eyes rolling all the same as he hurried to place the child down, cracking his knuckles as the originally semi-approachable stance faded, not taking lightly to the other's blatant and outspoken hatred. He didn't mind being hated - but not when the negativity was displayed in front of his children.

That was a different matter completely.

"I suggest you shut your pretty little mouth before I shut it for you, darlin'. I don't want you around the kids when you're oh-so bitter~"

"You're the only reason I'm bitter, darlin'." He snapped, albeit quietly in front of the babies. "I suggest you just get to bed, Braylin and I both are tired and I'm sure it would be a pleasant surprise for him to wake up seeing you. I'm going to try, oh and I mean TRY, to be nice to you. I assume you'll do the same. But if you lay one malicious hand on him, I will hurt you. Hopefully I won't need to, understood?"

A sudden flash crossed the man's face, the emotion disguised, though something the other had said had most definitely both annoyed him, and amused him simultaneously - a hard combination of emotions to have put together all of a sudden, hence the silence the neko had in reply to his threat.

That was, until, the human finally let out a hearty chuckle, wanting to commend the boy for all it was worth, though knew he'd just get too loud, and risking waking the children or his beloved Braylin wasn't desirable. Quietly smirking to himself, the action lighting each handsome feature in his face, he moved to simply peer back at the children, even if he was dying to be able to inspect the other's expression change.

"If you dare hurt me, you won't find out where your lovely Tobiah is, will you?" He softly spoke, even if the gravity his words had was immense, and he knew that completely, hence the amused, cocky grin carving his face. Though behind the smugness was nothing but pure danger - he wasn't a nice man. He was a person with contacts everywhere, who held no reservations in having people hurt or killed.

Especially if they had hurt his Braylin.

"I hear your Master has been a bit nasty to my fiancé," he drawled in explanation, his stance hard and rigid expectantly. "And I wasn't best pleased with that, of course."

"You... You have Tobiah?" He whispered, his crossed arns dropping to his side as he nervously shifted his weight. "Where?! Where is he?! And why would you take him?! Give him BACK, y-you... you ASSHOLE. I didn't let Tobiah hurt him, unlike SOMEONE here!"

With a twisted frown and flustered cheeks, he forced the urge to slap the man. He couldn't if he wanted to get his Master back, right?

"Didn't let him get hurt physically. Braylin cried on the phone to me every day, practically. Don't you fucking dare say he didn't hurt him. I've made mistakes, but nobody gave me a chance to redeem myself," he spat, his eyes glaring and igniting with sudden fury - the fact Reginald dared to defy him was unheard of, really, and he didn't appreciate the defence whatsoever. "So I had my men give your Tobiah a lesson, found him in the bakery buying doughnuts. Safe, he may be. You continuing to disrespect me, and I'll have him beaten up a bit."

"And when the hell do you plan to give him back?!" He squeaked, "He cried on the phone because you can't comprehend how much pain nekos and inus feel when they're away from their Masters. Every part of our body aches the longer we're apart, not to mention the fact that he had children that you forced upon him. You DISGUST me, and I'm only keeping you around because I want Tobiah safe and Braylin happy. Just because you've got my boyfriend hostage doesn't mean I won't defend Braylin if you hurt him."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"I forced children on him?" He repeated, mostly out of amusement given he hadn't necessarily heard that before-- which did ultimately mean Braylin had been chatting about him in what he saw as a disrespectful, incorrect manner to the neko he wasn't afraid to claim his hatred for.

Torn between anger and upset with his fiancé, he simply settled to peering at the children to diffuse that, finding it did work extremely well - he may be a jackass, and a dangerous one at that, but one good thing in his favour? His evident love for the children, whom Braylin had feared would be rejected by the man, despite Kristof's blatant want for children through the months.

"Of course I did," he replied sarcastically, his anger simmering under the surface. "Sex was consented, and agreed. I did not force it on him, and I don't like being accused of such."

"That's not what Braylin said... Now what do I have to do to get Tobiah back, huh? I want him here, not wherever you have him. I need him to be here, especially now, and you had to ruin that! You better negotiate or I'll be pissed, u-understood?! I'm TOUGH when I'm mad, and you should know that out of everyone."

"Oh, I don't care for negotiation," he shrugged casually, failing to be intimidated as he simply rolled his eyes at the attempt. Silently taking a seat on the bed, that of which he wasn't entirely aware was Braylin's own, he eyed the possessions in the room as another form of distraction.

Hearing that Braylin had been chatting about stuff he would prefer to remain silent about did piss him off grandly, and he did plan on telling him as such... even if he didn't let on that he would. He intended to have an adult conversation with the inu, but did also realise it could end with him losing his hold on his anger.

He always had in the past, of course.

"Just... no. I'm not negotiating. Tobiah's an asshole who I'd like to see starve."

---

[[ I'm still not getting the alerts -_-' Sorry for the wait and stuff, I'll just wait and see if they come through for the others ]]

"That's not fair!" He snapped, fists clenched and tears brimming. "T-That isn't fair. I NEED my Master back, and you HAVE to negotiate if you plan to live with Braylin."

Storming from the room as fast as he could, he slammed the door behind him and locked it as he also locked eyes with his best friend.

Reactions: potassiumboron
"What are you doing yelling?" Braylin murmured softly, still half-asleep as he stood in one of Kristof's old t-shirts, fittingly given his boyfriend was only a few feet away. Once coming to it a little bit, and rubbing the sleep cutely from his eyes, he seemed to realise that the only thing that made sense was that the other was yelling at the kids - he was unaware Kristof was there, and so, the shouting only really could be aimed at his babies.

Face contorting into one of misunderstood anger, he folded his arms expectantly, only until noticing the key and immediately reached out to snatch it. "D-Don't you dare yell at the kids! You can't lock them in, Reginald! Y-You... you're acting crazy!"

Blinking from the other's anger, he reluctantly let go of the key as he glanced through the crack in the door. "I'm not yelling at the kids, silly. I-I know you and Tobiah think I'm crazy, but I'm not. Kristoff... He's here, but you need to listen to me. He took Tobiah. I don't know where, and he refuses to tell me, but I'm scared and he won't negotiate. I wanted to talk to you alone about it first, before you t-twisted my words or something...."

Despite the other's desperate attempt to talk to the inu, and tell him of the horror and atrocity Kristof had committed, all Braylin really took in was the fact his boyfriend had arrived, a giddy giggle escaping and, with the addition of rosy cheeks, he was the epitome of cute, hurrying to unlock the door with a great sense of excitement.

Once bursting inside, the first thing he did do wasn't to yell at his mate for holding Tobiah somewhere, most likely somewhere grim and horrible, with beatings every now and then, but to run up to the blonde and tackle him in a hug, longing practically oozing from his very being as he began to babble incoherently, unable to form a string of sentences when this emotional.

"Th-This is... ah! I-I missed you," he finally managed to beam, peeling away from his boyfriend to shoot him a wide grin, one in which Kristof, with a surprisingly loving look, repeated whole heartedly. Well, after shooting Reginald a cocky smirk at least.

Did he care about the smirk? No, far from it.

He just wanted his mate back.

Squirming uncomfortably, the injured neko simply began to pace and nibble at his nails. He wanted his boyfriend safe, in his arms, not off in a basement starving like the man said. The only thing that took him from this thought was the fact that his best friend didn't seem to care! If the roles were reversed, he would definitely help Braylin at least get Kristoff out of that situation. It was cruel!...

"Let's go have something to eat," the inu smiled, eagerly linking his arm with Kristof's, though not before having gestured him to peer at the four children with his proud smile on show. He seemed to forget, really, the fact that the children had been forced on him, and that Kristof had threatened before Braylin knew he was pregnant to take any kids he did birth away from him and gain custody.

No, around Kristof, Braylin did think him entirely perfect, free of flaws and imperfections. To him, he was perfect and he was lucky to even be with him. Delusional, yes, but didn't all nekos and inus see their Master far above everyone else?

"Mm, I'd quite like to spend time with you, rather than with your kitty-cat friend." Kristof responded, not entirely willing to let is beloved Braylin spend any time with Reginald and have him corrupt his head with ideas (well, the truth). "We could catch up, hm? So piss off Reggie, if you please~"

"No!" He hissed, now in tears as his breath began to quicken. "I'm not leaving until y-you tell me where Tobiah is! I'm not just going to overlook the fact that you took him from me and are hurting him! So until then, I'm going to follow you everywhere, understood?! I'll leave you two alone once I get them back... Now will you two shut the fuck up?! It's t-two AM, and I need time t-to think... "

Once finishing his slight rant, he continued his pacing as he absently scratched his arms, keeping his hands busy being his pain priority. He needed Tobiah, and he would do literally anything to get him back safe in his arms, even if it killed him. So, staying up to watch the two was no skin off his ass, as long as he got his boyfriend.

Silently cringing at the fact his best friend had cursed at him like that, as well as treat Kristof, in his mind, in an appalling manner (even if Kristof had admitted to Reginald to have taken Tobiah). Yet, Braylin wasn't exactly ready to believe that, for one simple reason...

"I didn't take your boyfriend, dumbass. I don't know where he is," Kristof shrugged, peering down at Braylin to openly roll his eyes at Reginald, and make a gesture to reference the neko's often unstable mental condition. Rude and derogatory, sure, but he wasn't prepared to be nice to him. And as much as Braylin adored his friend, and despite his tutting at Kristof's gesture... he did clearly believe his statement over Reginald's, turning to his friend with a saddened expression. Slightly patronising, but he was worried.

"Reginald... that doesn't make sense, okay hon? Kristof just got here. He can't have hurt Tobiah, so I think you need to take your medication, doll. A-As much as I hate you on it, you need it. You seem a little... panicked. You can't have any grounds to accuse my lover, o-or yell at me, so go and take the pills."

Status
Not open for further replies.