This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why should I have to say anything? Megan and Aleksei are leaving at some point, you and Roman are planning to leave, Junior's already talking about finding a place with Elijah... I, on the other hand, will probably be stuck here with Pa and Dad my whole life-- along with Vlad. I don't see him leaving anytime soon," shrugged Molly, pursing her lips to herself at how genuinely bleak everything looked for her. Tom may have his issues and see his future as equally unpredictable, but at least he had a partner who loved him and wanted to both live with him alone and marry him one day. She was dating Pavor, who shared the same profession as Roman which meant Molly shared Tom's worries and concerns... but Pavor already had showed he didn't care by cheating on her so callously. She wasn't in school like Tom was, she was far from being smart like him, and she had just been fired from her job. What chance did she ever have of leaving home and having a life like Megan or Tom?

Nevertheless, she easily smiled and took the advice, even if opening up to her father was difficult for her to do when she knew how he would become. He did get on with Pavor, and the last thing she wanted to do was sever that growing friendship when, only in recent days had her parents accepted her relationship.

Tiredly trudging through the living room with a passing glance at Megan and her new niece, she would have approached if she didn't feel like utter shit, hence why she murmured a small apology and trailed straight through to the garden in search of Reggie, and not Tobiah. At least Reginald could have a conversation about it without flipping out like her other father would inevitably react like.​

Following his husband's advice, Reginald was casually sitting out on the porch with a growing cold cup of coffee. Reggie still had his issues, which was well-known to everyone, but Tobiah had stayed a confident and caring husband... obviously. Because of this, and probably due to their bond, he often followed Tobiah's suggestions during situations like this. The last time the house had been this packed, it was almost suffocating.

So, enjoying the little stars that appeared in the sky in their small town, it nearly made Reggie jump to hear the back door open. Peering back, he offered his usually tender and oblivious smile to his daughter, his fingers tapping against the mug all the while.

"Oh... Megan, I'm glad you're okay. Tobiah mentioned that you had gone out, and... I was getting nervous, to be honest. I don't need to, though, now! Are you okay? I mean, um... you know I love you, sweetheart, but you look like you need a nap and some good ice cream."

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
"It's... really not an issue, Pa. I mean, tell me straight, y'know? I probably look like crap," admitted Molly pretty nonchalantly, though made an attempt to wipe her stained makeup if only to stop bringing attention to herself in that regard. Taking a quiet seat beside the man, she hunched up with legs pressed to her chest, staring at the ground to try and string together an explanation that didn't provoke any tears from her.

"Pavor cheated on me, I mean, it's not like I didn't expect it at some point, but, like, it's only been a week or two! How awful must I be for him to get bored this soon?" She whined, grinning in an effort to poke fun at herself - it was her defence mechanism when times got tough. Humour helped her deal with a lot of stuff, particularly when she aimed it at herself. It wasn't a healthy thing to do really, but it was better than breaking into tears constantly. "You and Dad have been together years. I just... I want that. Tom's getting married to Roman soon, I'm sure, and they're leaving-- Megan h-has a kid! I've accomplished nothing, r-right? You're not disappointed, are you? Because, I won't lie, I'll probably be here for the rest of my life, Pa."​

"You say that as if it's a bad thing. I hope you know that I have no problem with you staying with us for as long as you need, sweetheart. I mean, it has always been a bit lonely with just Tobiah and I. Granted, we were able to be way more passionate, but we've managed to move around that. I don't believe in much, Megan, but I know for a fact that you'll be fine." Reggie reassured, while offering a sip of his coffee, only to frown a tad when it was rejected. "I love you, and so does your father, so don't be too upset because you had one bad night. If I can roam for days in search of your father, you can wait a bit to find your true master. Clearly, Pavor isn't that, huh?"

"Plus, those kids... I don't trust them. Call me insensitive, but I don't trust the Russian mafia much. I suppose people can change, but Roman's father is an awful man. I would love for you to find some dreamboat on the bus, or somewhere romantic, and that doesn't mean it has to be Pavor. I will admit, though, I'm pretty disappointed that you decided to go out and drink underage."

• Love
"Oh, come on, Pa. I'm only, like, two years underage, and... Hey, Megan used to go out drinking when she was, like, fifteen! Before she went on that little adventure across Europe, anyway. I just... Pavor said it would be nice, and he was showing off about how he could get me in and then I had to see him h-have sex with some stupid slut, s-so yes, I regret it. I just want what they have, that's all! A husband, some kids, a nice job," she bemoaned wearily, pressing her chin onto her knees and, despite feeling like shit, she forced a smile to reassure her father that she wasn't depressed about it. She wanted to believe that, sure, she could wait and find her prince charming one day... but she didn't have much conviction in making it happen.​

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"She shouldn't have been doing that either!" He scolded, albeit lightly as he took another sip of the drink. Staring off at the stars, he leaned down to carefully fix the loose strands of hair from his daughter's face, his brows furrowed. After all, most of these sort of things were left out of Reginald's plain of sight, in fear that he might have another emotional lapse, but it seemed that quite a few of the people in the house misunderstood what exactly triggered Reggie.

"Listen, I don't want to see you said. I can't have my daughter going off upset over some stupid guy. I really wish you kids would come to me more. I know Tobiah has said to leave me out of everything, I'm... not that stupid. I just want to make sure my baby girl isn't getting too upset over some moron."

"He's not a moron, Pa," she weakly defended, finding herself jumping to Pavor's side even despite seeing all he had done to her within that day. She was awful at relationships, she knew that. When a guy wronged her, she was usually so desperate to keep hold of them that she forgave their behaviour without any respect for herself and the effect it would ultimately cause her. Eventually she wised up, but letting Pavor go was the worst place she had been in, given just how hard she had fallen for him, and, considering how far her siblings were in their respective relationships, being the one who faltered and couldn't have a boyfriend for longer than a month was causing her to genuinely fall apart.

"He's simply... I... wasn't very good to him, I was too bossy and maybe I expected too much, too soon. I'm sure he wouldn't do this sort of thing again, he loves me a lot, Pa."​

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Don't EVER blame yourself for the actions of some crazy Russian mobster," he ordered flatly, his eyes locked on his daughter just to emphasis the seriousness. "I love you, and I wish you kids would be more confidant. I know I'm a hypocrite, b-but I don't want you kids to be anything like me, anyway."

"You're the best father ever, Pa. I'd be glad to be like you, but hey, I'm a loser, which is totally fine. Not everyone in this family can be cool. Megan's, like, the epitome of cool, and Junior's talented with his band and stuff, and then Vlad and Ingrid are just so beautiful-- Ace isn't even here, and I know he's off somewhere, being awesome. I'm just the girl that can't hold down a fucking boyfriend," she bitterly mumbled, laughing afterwards to try and reassure her father that she was fine, that she was totally over Pavor's infidelity, though the bitter jealousy and tearful expression said differently.

"A-Anyway, good chat, Pa. Tommy just wanted to get me out of his hair, but you're the best listener," she smiled, masking a sniffle with another laugh as she gently planted a kiss to her father's cheek. "Any chance of some tea, or a hot chocolate? I just want to have something warm and sit by the fire, to be honest."​

"What kind?" The neko asked, beyond happy to get a proper hot drink to counter the late autumn air. "Oolong? I don't think your father wants me in the house lately, so I think I'll be out here more often. He says that it's too hectic inside, and that it's best to stay away from it all. I can't really disagree, hm? Hey! Maybe you and I can camp out here, like when you were younger?" He offered with a smile, his natural naivety showing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.