This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I-I'm not taking them!" He cried, his expression twisting in disbelieve and hurt from the baseless accusation "Won't you listen to me?! He told me the moment he saw me that he had Tobiah, that he wasn't feeding him and had locked him somewhere. H-He also refused to negotiate... I-I can't believe you don't trust me! I-I... I'll go find him myself then. Fuck you, and fuck your boyfriend. I thought you TRUSTED me, since I trusted you!"

In the fit of his yelling, despite his broken ribs and most likely internal bleeding, the neko stormed from the room to tug on his snow gear. It was snowing hard, after all, and even he knew that despite being in a fit of rage. Shimmying on the necessary gear, he stomped down the stairs without turning to face either of them. If he had to take this in his own hands, he'd do it... Especially since the only two people he thought could even slightly help were insisting he was CRAZY.

"W-Wait, ah... R-Reggie..." Braylin suddenly groaned, realising that what he said could basically upset his friend a great deal, and even in spite of Kristof's flirtatious coos to distract him, hurried to rush after the determined neko. Reaching to grab his hand tightly and tug him back from storming out, even if that was hard when he himself was in pain, and a pretty big amount of it.

"D-Don't be silly, it's a snowstorm out, a-and it's pretty dangerous, so let's wait it out, okay?" He whispered with the brightest smile he could muster, his ears, however, failing him as they pressed against the top of his head to indicate that he wasn't as happy as he claimed, only when seeing how Reginald was acting. "...If Kristof has taken Tobiah, then... you have my permission to punch him, alright? Aha... ah... we'll try asking him about it, I-I'll make him admit to it if he has-- I doubt it, but..."

Squirming in discomfort, he had to rub the nearly dislocated arm with a soft whisper to himself. Hearing the other out, he shook his head quickly with utter disbelief. "You... Still don't believe me? He nearly KILLED Tobiah, why wouldn't he do this too?" Of course, his voice was far quieter, filled with more pain than anger. "I know you hate Tobiah, but I would NEVER not believe you if you told me Kristof was locked up. And the fact that the first thing you do is assume I'm lying? O-Or paranoid?! I'm... I'm offended! Y-You're my best friend, Braylin..."

"I doubt you'd believe me over Tobiah. We're bonded to our Masters. W-We have a nature to believe them, Reggie-- you know I love you. I-I'd risk everything for you-- I named my son after you. Do you realise how pissed Kristof would be if he realised?" He murmured as an attempt to bring the other around to his view of things, though the fact his friend was in this state, highly emotional and close to tears, it was evidence that he had grounds to believe Tobiah was held somewhere.

And he did owe Reginald a lot. Aside from that, he was his best friend, and perhaps he did have to honour that friendship by believing him when it was demanded of him.

"...I... believe you, okay? I now Kristof is... bad. And I told him things about Tobiah, so... it makes sense, I suppose." he finally revealed, the feeling of being caught between two places now returning, clutching his stomach with a frown. "I hate this, though. I don't want to fight between you guys-- like you don't wanna have to between Tobiah and me... it sucks..."

Burying his head against the other's, he let out a shaky breath as he pressed himself close. "I-I'm... I'm glad you believe me. We need to get him, okay? I don't know how, but we need to do it and save my boyfriend. We can sort out the living arrangements then, okay? I-I just want him safe, with you and him, and go back to being a family. I'll go back on my medicine when he returns, I promise, but I refuse until then."

"Aw, this is all very sweet, and optimistic, isn't it?" Kristof cooed, swiftly, and with every air and grace on display, gliding downstairs before taking a seat on them with an amused smile. He realised by this point that Braylin wasn't fully on his side - he knew the inu loved him, it was obvious to anyone with a brain, but he also realised the inu's affinity with Reginald, and that was a problem he never quite seemed to be able to solve. So he wasn't going to bother trying to do so from this point onwards.

He may as well just give Braylin an ultimatum he couldn't really refuse.

"Help the neko, and I'll seize custody of the children. You're only 17. You're too young to handle them. You have no job, no money- I own businesses. Granted, not officially legal, but I cover it well," he laughed, mostly amused by the sudden hitch in his boyfriend's breath, and the tears gracing his eyes. "I have to play a little dirty, seemingly."

"Why... Why are you doing this?!" Murmured Reginald, the hair on his ears and tail puffing in clear fear. "Why do you feel the need to ruin our lives?! Tobiah did nothing to you, if anyone should be taken away and hurt it should be me. And besides, w-we let you come and find Braylin. You shouldn't put him through this, just because he wants to make his own decision. You're sick, you know that?!"

"S'funny. And I'm a sadistic guy, love. Slightly protective too, and I don't want you around Braylin. Crazy could spread," he said as brutally and cruelly as ever. He knew it was a sore spot for the other, so targeting it, for him, made perfect sense. "I want my family. You can have yours. It's relatively simple, isn't it? I'll be leaving with Braylin and the kids, and you can have your beloved Tobi back, because you know what? I don't want the hassle anymore," he surprisingly admitted, though it wasn't past him to lie. "He's down town, in the house next to the pub. There's a guy there. Just say Kristof sent you, and you can bring that idiot home. Simple."

"I don't believe you," He whispered, clinging to his scarf to keep his hands busy. "I don't believe you at all. You need to prove to me that you're t-telling the truth, and I'll leave you two alone. I love you, Bray, b-but I can't be anywhere near your Master... So if I have to leave to keep you happy, I will. Tobi and I'll stay here, and you can move with you and your children."

"But... we're friends, best friends... I can't leave you with Tobiah when he HURTS you," he whimpered, even if that was the main reason Tobiah was desperate to keep Kristof away from Braylin... though the inu struggled to really understand that at the moment. "H-He hurt your ribs, what if he hurts you worse next time? I don't wanna leave, I mean... ugh..." He groaned, only really stopping at Kristof's decidedly sharp glare at him for his babbling, icy eyes shooting at the neko. "I just want to leave, I wouldn't lie and prolong my leaving now, would I? Think, boy. Jeez."

"And... And Kristof RAPED you, Braylin. You're a MINOR..." Shooting his own glare towards the human, he gently took Braylin's hand and hurried up the stairs to the bathroom- where he locked them both inside. "I want to talk to you, one on one about this... Without him around, just us. Look, you want to be with him right? And be honest, w-would you rather be with him or with Tobiah and me?"

"And... And Kristof RAPED you, Braylin. You're a MINOR..." Shooting his own glare towards the human, he gently took Braylin's hand and hurried up the stairs to the bathroom- where he locked them both inside. "I want to talk to you, one on one about this... Without him around, just us. Look, you want to be with him right? And be honest, w-would you rather be with him or with Tobiah and me?"

That particular word, 'rape', did make him cringe. To him, he refused to acknowledge it as rape. They had made love before the actual incident where he had fallen pregnant, and each time was consensual... but the actual incident had been when he was sort of drunk and out of it.

Not that he would admit to that and get his lover in trouble.

Shuffling from foot to foot in the bathroom, that of which was dimly lit given the flickering bulb that hadn't been fixed just yet, he moved, he managed a meek smile as he peered across at his friend. "I do love him, o-of course... and I wanna be with him, but I can't leave you. N-No way."

"He's not giving an option." He replied, pulling his knees to his chest as he sat in the tub. "He's a terrible person, Braylin, and I don't think he'd ever let us leave with you. But.... I have to leave, to get Tobiah back. And no way in Hell is your Master going to let us talk to each other, they're both too possessive...."

"If you get Tobiah back, we won't get to be friends," he whined, that being a deciding factor stopping him from helping the other in his pursuit for his Master. "A-And I... love Kristof, of course, but he'll never let us hang out. He'll want to go to Russia, and that's, like, miles from here," he continued in a squeak, cheeks burning red in horror at the situation. "You don't wanna miss out on the kids growing up, r-right?"

"No..." He frowned, setting his knees on his chest. "I want to see them grow up, get older... But I can't have my Master die. I literally cannot. And... And if they don't feed him, or beat him up too much, he'll pass away and I'll die too! It's not okay... Your Master doesn't understand us nekos and inus."

It was understandably a hard decision - on one hand, he could choose Reginald and Tobiah, and get sicker each day from not being with his Master... or he could go with Kristof and risk never seeing his friend again. He would miss seeing his friend one day having children or his own, and likewise, Reginald would miss the quads growing up and becoming young adults.

In fact, it was thinking of his children that did make him decide - they needed him around, not too sick to care for them. As hard a decision it was, he sighed heavily and moved to fiddle with his hair absently. "I'm leaving with him. It's literally the only way I can be there for the kids, and... it'll stop you and Tobiah arguing so much, because I did annoy him, a lot. It's the only... logical option, I guess."

"But..." He whimpered, having remained pretty emotionless since the start of their conversation. His face scrunched, tears brimming his eyes... He was exhsysted, and scared, and done.

"But I don't think I can live without you, Braylin. I can't exist without you and Tobiah, a-and he's got Tobiah... What if he never gives him back? I'll die alone, without either of you.

"He said he'd give him back," he replied stony-face - mostly to avoid breaking into a flurry of tears himself, and have Kristof lose whatever patience he still had. Finally standing to his feet now he had come to that decision, albeit a reluctant one, he managed a flitting smile as he gracefully reached to open the bathroom door, ushering the other to follow him out. "It's not the end of the world, you'll make more friends, and stuff. Like the fishmonger-- and I'll be in Russia, having fun with Kristof and stuff. It's fine. He'll give you Tobiah, I'll make him, so toughen up a little, alright?"

"I-I..." He blinked, surprised by the other's decision. "B-But what about the babies?! I want to be a part of their lives! And I cant make friends, Braylin, it was a miracle that I could with you. I-I'm too weird, too creepy... You're the only one willing to put up with me!... Won't you miss me? Even slightly?"

Status
Not open for further replies.