This is A Thing

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Like I said, you'll make more friends. When you have time, anyway. I... I mean, caring for my puppies is gonna be hard, but I trust you," he yawned, having very little idea of just what Tobiah had in mind for them when Braylin passed - and given Tobiah's reasoning, it would be straight after Braylin's heart stopped that he pressed for the adoption. Tiredly yawning and with fists carefully holding onto the fabric of the other's shirt, he wearily exhaled, each breath in and out now agonisingly painful. "...I-I don't wanna die, obviously... haha... b-but... but Kristof's gone. How couldn't T-Tobiah KNOW that I'd go too? Ngh..."​

"He's... He's an idiot when it comes to this stuff.." He whispered, letting out a dry laugh as he let his grip tighten aswell. "Hell, he didn't know how much pain you were in when you were with us, without Kristof... But I knew. A-And I was always so proud of you, do be able to go through that without complaining or even batting an eye. Then there's me, who.. Who complained about losing his master for a few days because of the pain. You're my role model, Braylin. I want you to know that."

"Oh, shush. We're never this soppy," he chuckled, though the fact he teared up, tears glistening his eyes at just how heartwarming the words were. He knew they weren't exaggerated just because of his position, because that really wasn't Reginald's style. He wouldn't lie or exaggerate the truth in any circumstance when it came to Braylin, and hearing how he felt, even if he himself disagreed with being a role model (he had hardly been an angel), did make him smile, something he needed desperately.

With eyes now closed again, and breathing hallowing out, he did make sure do keep his hand moving, as a distraction from getting too comfortable and slipping into unconsciousness, though every movement did ache and made him even more tired. "...Can I go to sleep now? I-I'll wake up, promise. I just wanna rest."​

"Yeah.... Yeah, you can sleep, Braylin. You deserve to rest, after what you've been through. Promise to wake up in time for breakfast in the morning, okay? I'll make your favorite snack, and we can go to the store to buy the babies new clothes." He babbled, though his voice did crack. He wasn't an idiot, he knew that the boy wouldn't wake up, but he wanted to leave their friendship off on a good point, and he didnt have anything left to say. Giving his friend a chaste kiss on the lips, he wrapped the boy up in the blankets before wandering out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Tobiah asked quietly, the man stood just outside the door, having tried it and realised it was locked, though hadn't made a fuss. He realised that this was a rather horrible moment for his boyfriend, and leaving him have time with only him and Braylin was probably needed. Having changed into clean clothes, a smart idea given that Reginald had been dealing with too much blood lately, he moved to carefully take his hand, an apologetic smile pulling at his features. "...I... h-had no idea, you gotta believe me, Reggie. I just... I thought... killing Kristof would help everyone, but... clearly not."​

Shaking his head, Reggie buried his head in his hand to wipe the tears and snot away. It was about five in the morning by now, the boy nor having gotten any sleep... and to have to deal with the death of his closest friend was more than stressful. Then and there, the neko collapsed onto the side of his master into a harsh sob into his chest. So hard, the boy shook with each painful cry. He wanted to curl away, crawl under a rock and let himself cry until he couldn't anymore, but he had no one to vent to anymore. While he loved his master, he didn't TRUST him to express his opinions with no judgement. When he had tried to come to him before, he'd be scolded or laughed at. All he could do now was rely on the voices in his head, that of which were yelling and screaming louder than ever in his head.

Last edited:
Despite usually reprimanding him for tears, and often mocking him if he ever broke into tears, the bruised man had no grounds to do so at the moment. While he often grew awkward around those who cried, he did what boyfriends ought to in that situation - he wrapped his arms around him and began to softly whisper comfortingly to him. He knew it wasn't going to make him feel immediately better, but it was all he could really do in that moment.

Finally pulling away with a smile, he carefully took his hand to lead him downstairs - a cup of tea would help a tad, at least. He realised, from knowing Reginald all these months, that he probably needed to take his medication. After the realisation that his best friend was gone, it was enough to make a sane person feel unstable, and so in Reginald's case, with his problems, it was only bound to make them worse... especially if he was off his tablets, which Tobiah realised he probably was in spite of their arguments about it.

But he had learnt when to bring something up, and now wasn't the best time at all. "We'll have some tea, alright? You need to take deep breaths and just... relax. And you need to help me with Kristof's... body. Or I'll get taken away for murder and you'll be alone, you know? We'll just bury him outside or somethin'."​

He was unable to speak, his mind too focused on an internal debate with himself as he was led down the stairs.

He blamed the whole thing on himself.

He didn't quite know how, yet, but he knew the death of his friend was his fault. If he never left the hospital, he wouls never have met Tobiah or Braylin, and this wouldn't have happened. Braylin would still be with Kristof, alive and happy with hid children, and he would still be where he should. Unable to stop rubbing his face, quiet swears passed through his lips in aggravation at himself. Another thought was, of course, that this was Tobiah's fault... but he physically and mentally couldn't will himself to blame the other, hence him blaming himself.

This internal struggle continued to go once even when led to sit down, seeming to have only slightly cheered up when Tobiah and tried to comfort him before. He was oblivious to the other now, stratching at his own arms in a mix of panic and self hatred.

"What are you doing?" Tobiah grimaced, observing his lover from the side as he moved to boil water up for the tea. He understood completely that the other was punishing himself for all this. Tobiah had never really been someone for friends, but if his best friend had died, he knew that he himself would have gone nuts, wallowed in self pity and went through the stages of mourning before reaching acceptance.

Yet, he didn't suffer from mental health problems while, contrastively, his lover did, and so how was Tobiah to assume he would handle this the same way? Especially when Braylin had been like a brother to him.

"Look, it'll get easier with time," he sighed, moving to pour the water onto the teabags with a tired smile. "Honestly. You need to stop... blaming yourself. You can take your pills, they'll help-- but I'm not forcing you to take them this second, let's get that straight. I'm not forcing you to do anything, Reggie."​

"I-I don't want to take thwm," He whispered, hos,voice weak and only barely audible as he pressed his knees to his chest, his head between them as he proceeded to do the same scratching to his legs. His breathing was still erratic, and it was clear he was more scared and,confused than anything. How was he suppose to live without Braylin? He was his only friend, and he knew better than anyone that making friends was like winning the lottery, thus why he was so shaken when the first person who genuinely wanted to get to know him and put up with his shit was dead.

It was only when he heard the quiet cries of the babies upstairs that he froze, only to begin to hyperventalate at the idea of seeing his best friend, presumably dead.

Hearing the cries, even Tobiah froze and felt his throat tighten. He had dealt with dead bodies, one being the shopkeeper from the early days of his and Reginald's relationship who had sniggered at them, and the second being Kristof - though Braylin was different. Yet, while he himself started to inwardly panic at the thought of seeing the once lively, giggly inu lifeless in bed, and stone cold to touch.

Though he would risk that just to avoid Reginald witnessing it.

"Wait here. I'll... go deal with it. I'll put the body... outside. We'll bury him," he decided, the best way to really honour Braylin -and offer him forgiveness for everyone he had said about him- being to give him a nice plot outside to be remembered. Sure, the grave wouldn't be nice to see for the first few months of mourning, but it was something; somewhere to go to when the initial hopelessness faded. "Is... that okay?"​

"I don't want to see him, n-not like this." He whispered, covering his eyes quickly. "B-But... Bury him with his favorite blanket, please? I-I want him to be comfortable, a-and warm." Of course, he knew it didn't really matter- Braylin was dead. The dead didn't feel cold, or lonely, or sad. No, they were dead, and they'd never feel anything again. But, to Reginald, he didn't want to refer to his best friend as a corpse completely yet. Not to mention, if he saw the puppy printed blanket he knew his best friend loved, he probably would only break down again. "Just be quick- and gentle! Please be gentle..."

"Of course I will... Just don't look out the window, and just drink your tea up," he sighed, leaning to peck his lips, though didn't dwell on the affection, when the aim was to sort out the problem of burying Braylin, even if he had no coffin, makeshift or real, to place his body into... so he knew he had to improvise, greatly.

Heading on upstairs, and ignoring the children's wails for food and for attention, he moved to press his fingers against Braylin's neck, if only to make sure that he was dead... and when receiving no pulse, silently exhaled a shaky breath. He wouldn't show Reggie how upset he was, of course he wouldn't, so only really let tears built up now he knew his boyfriend wouldn't see them. Hitching the inu up into his arms and reaching for the blanket, he took the back door entrance out into the snowy fields behind their home, wrapping up Braylin as quickly as possible for both himself and for Reggie to avoid glancing at the body, if the neko did happen to peer out the window.

Proceeding to search for the shovel, and then starting to dig a hole -making sure it was a few feet deep for obvious reasons-, his hurried work meant that, in under half an hour, he was patting the snow down and resting the shovel on top of the flat surface to at least remember where the body was - he did plan on buying some sort of headstone to place there, anyway.​

Once both Tobiah and Braylin were out of the house, Reggie had forced himself up the stairs to gently pick up the four children while avoiding eye contact of the bloodied bedsheets. Lifting the four in his arms, he gently rested them on his lap once settling on the couch to face away from the grave. Placing his tea down with a shaky hand, he gently rocked them all with strained coos, trying his hardest to avoid the emptiness he felt to instead tend to the quads, just like Braylin would want him to do.

"I really don't think you should be with them, hon. Not for too long, anyway," Tobiah sighed, moving to find him once having finished with the frankly horrible task he had set upon himself, though he did know that someone had to do it, and he would have done it a thousand times over if it meant his lover was exempt from the tragedy of it all.

Approaching quietly, his breath hitched at the innocence the children showed - at least they were too young to realise any of this. If they were older, it would be bound to affect them negatively throughout their lives, so at least they would have no recollection of it. That was a blessing. "...I don't think we should keep them, Reggie. Not if we have kids one day. I... don't think it's wise.​

"Braylin wanted me to," He replied, his reddened eyes on them only to close from hoe tired he was... Before shooting open again. He needed sleep desperately, but he couldn't when he saw what he did this morning. Not to memtion he hsd to take care of the puppies

Taking all four of the small puppies in his muscles arms instinctively when seeing how close to sleeping the other was, he cracked a smile, the first genuine one since the horror of losing Braylin had occurred. "Well," he chuckled quietly, mostly at the small whining coming from one of the pups in particular - without even knowing the difference between the boys' eye colour, he knew the one whining would be the now infamous Reginald Junior. "If we keep 'em all, and have some of our own, it'll be hard, you know? Eventful, noisy, chaotic... but hey, to look after them, you... need to try and get over this. Not now! I-I'm not asking you to get over it already, but try to in a few weeks, at least."​

He simply shrugged, a soft snore occasionally surfacing as he hunched over before sitting upa tad... only to completely pass out completely on the floor of their livingroom. Knocked out completely, he was left on the floor with the blood of his best friends on his hands.​

Chuckling to himself, despite slightly paling at the sight of blood, he busied himself with getting the children sorted firstly, placing them all in the cribs he simultaneously dragged into his and Reggie's room. Braylin's room, however, he locked and kept the key - frankly, he didn't want anyone going into the room where all of Braylin's possessions were, and being reminded of the atrocity that had happened, so it was going to remain locked for the foreseeable future, end of discussion on that.

Once the children were sorted, he carefully took his boyfriend, dressed him in some clean pyjamas and simply laid him in for sleep, while he quietly laid beside him, awake but simply resting after the awful day.​

It would be literally two days before the neko would roll awake, his eyes fluttering open to the sound of the kettle downstairs. Getting up, he immediately was forced down into the bed with the sudden pain in his ribs-something he had forgotten in the past days. Getting up with effort, he slowly wandered to check up on his inu friend... until realizing it was locked. Fiddling with the knob, he simply got frustrated and bitterly wandered down the stairs once giving up

Status
Not open for further replies.