This is A Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staring at the other in pure horror, he backed up in fear until feeling his back hit against the wooden wall. Here he was, pressed against the wall by his best friend, while two strange and burly men blocked the exit. The whole scene was too familiar, too similar to a scene from his days in the hospital: Two men blocked the door, laughing as another patient pressed a weapon against his neck aswell.

While the doctors fo the institution might have been genuine in taking care of their patents, the other staff were not so much. They would often pin patients against one another in fights, betting on which one would deal the least damage. Reginald would eventually grow to be one of the bests, though not without heavy beatings now and then.

As he relived the while scene, the neko seemed to slump against the wall while covering his eyes to block the sight. Anything to try and erase the memory. Softly sobbing into the arms of his sweater, the already terrified neko curled into himself to avoid a hit or punch from his best friend. He'd rather deal the beatings than hurt his only close friend that wasn't Tobiah.

"Stop crying, I... I just think y-you ought to accept that Kristof is living here as long as Tobiah stays. You can't be selfish all the time. I-It's not all about you and your Master. I have my own Master who it pains me to be from, and... he's not a bad guy," the inu babbled, the knife seemingly only for self-defence rather than for intimidation as believed, making little effort to move and stand over him. In fact, he quietly placed the knife back -much to the disappointment of the men nearby- to simply sit beside his friend nervously, realising that he had caused this sudden freak out, partly.

"Reginald, I love you, and I love it here, but if you don't accept it, I-I'll move out again. I wanna be with Kristof. He can be a jerk, I know that, at least I admit that, and he may hit me and he may force me to... do stuff, but I do love him, and he does love me. He's just messed up a little, though aren't we all?"

"Please stop talking," Came his response, though it was just above a whisper as he dug his nails deep into his skull. "Please, j-just stop talking and leave me alone! I don't want you to hurt me...." His frame, shaking like a leaf, curled into itself as tight as possible the moment he felt the other's frame lean on him slightly. He was terrified of the other, despite his attempt to convince him otherwise. Why wouldn't he be scared? He thought his best friend was going to beat him to a pulp, after all.

The inu, on the other hand, stared in absolute horror at his friend at the evident fear crossing his face and demeanour, and once recognising he was the cause, he recoiled from him with a heavy frown, tears building in his hazel eyes at the sight. "I... I'm going to... go and get the kids, and just go..."

"...Please don't?" He whispered, unmoving. It took him a few moments to relax, his body now a,bit looser once he came through.

"I don't want to be alone, Braylin, and I... I dont waynt to lose you again, not to HIM.... Just, please... Stay? I just n-need to o-organize myself, take my medicine, and go out."

The inu scoffed quietly, his stubbornness and pride seeming to overshadow himself a moment as he moved to dust himself off, pouting as he struggled to both accept the other's dislike of Kristof -when he himself was willing to put up with Tobiah-, and also the fact that his best friend had reacted so horrifically.

In reality, even despite the other's mental state often when he didn't have his medication, the inu felt he ought to realise that he would never lay a finger on Reginald, but evidently that hadn't happened, and he was still a little ruffled by it all.

"Honestly... you're supposed to be my best friend, a-and you're acting like a dick. I'll accept Tobiah, and you won't accept Kristof? Double standards r-really."​

"Tobiah never knocked me up without me wanting to be, Braylin. People... People dont do that to those you love. You didnt want it, and he shouldnt have done it. Tobi only hurts and hells at me."

The boy snorted, folding his arms over his chest as he desperately attempted to hold back both tears of fury, and tears of pure upset. It was an upsetting moment really, hearing his friend talk so disgustedly about Braylin's master, when the inu had it in his mind to be ready to accept Tobiah.

"I wanted kids. He didn't 'knock me up', don't be so crude," he whispered furiously eyes showing sudden disgust as he stood and loomed over the other though was hardly an intimidating presence, in actuality. "I-I'd love more kids with him, and I will, regardless of you and your awful opinions."

"I can't stop you," He replied softly, his face emerging from his arms just enough... Yet his still avoided the other's gaze. "So you can stop yelling at me, okay? I get it, you want this and I can't do anything about it. I'm going to take a shower, okay? Then I'll probably call Tobiah again, see if he'll pick up. You do you, Braylin. I can't m-make you stay, even if I want you to."

He swallowed hard, physically swallowing down a sudden urge to blurt and scream at him for being so... well, indifferent to the fact Braylin was threatening to leave. He wanted to see some passion, at least, and perhaps some insight to being able to compromise with him, sort out something, but all he received was this shell of a person. "I don't wanna go, you're being... unreasonable. I-I just want you to accept my Master, Reginald! H-He's... not a bad guy, and you know that Tobiah is just as bad."

"Fine. But don't expect me to be nice to him when he comes here, okay?" He frowned, more than exhausted now. His body physically and emotionally ached, and he was ready to pass out in the shower as he did on occasion. "If he hurts you, even once, I WILL kill him. Understood? I can't live in the same house with him if he's going to hurt you. It's disgusting. And... And same goes for Tobiah. If him or his men hurt him again, too, I'll use his face as a scratching post. Now can I leave? I-I don't like being cornered like this, Braylin."

"Don't threaten my fiancé," he whispered quietly, fiddling with the ring on a necklace around his neck - he had claimed it was simply a ring he had been given by an old friend, but now, clearly, it arose it was his actual engagement ring he had refused to be parted with, regardless of just what his supposed lover had done to him. The worst of which did basically include forceful sex and pregnancy he hadn't really planned for-- he was still only 17, after all.

A practical child.

"I'll make him behind... d-don't worry, haha... I... I need you to help me, first. Get some of the door fixed up before Tobiah returns and flips."

"I-I don't know what to do," He admitted, his voice shaking in realization of just how PISSSED Tobiah would be. Clearing his throat, he began to get to his feet until the weight of exhaustion fully hit him. Flopping back, he held his dizzy head and groaned. "Gimme a sec, okay? To get up.... It'll take awhile. Tell those two big guys to help."

"If your boyfriend is angry, I'll take the blame, hundred percent," he reassured, a sudden sign of his protectiveness making an appearance as he hurried to place a kiss against his temple, albeit one that was quick and sudden as to prevent his friend freaking out, given he was hardly... stable at the moment, especially around Braylin which hurt the inu far more than he would like to claim and own up to.

Silently ordering the men to work on the door, he himself simply took his friend's hand with a smile, starting to lead him back upstairs as the burly men easily followed Braylin's orders - he was the inu, the fiancé of Kristof, and that man practically owned them, loosely speaking. So Braylin was someone they, by rule, had to listen to too, which wasn't hard given how nice the inu was, and the flattering smiles he gave the men as a thanks.

"We'll go see the kids," he decided, turning to Reggie as he led him up the steps with a hum. "Then get you to rest. You need it, so when Tobiah's home, he'll have a nice meal made by me and have you all rested up for him."

--

[[I don't think the replies are sending properly??? I'm not getting this, and i think my replies aren't going through on the others either >_< ]]

He did flinch from the kiss, tensing only briefly before realizing what the other did. He exhaled softly when no harm was done, and leaned heavily on the other for support as he slowly began to climb the stairs. This whole activity probably wasn't the best on his broken ribs, but he was too tired to even notice the pain at this point. He just wanted to drift to sleep for awhile, he didn't even care if Tobiah showed up.

After all, if his lover wanted to show up, he would have... Right?

His optimism was low, having just assumed the man ran off. He was hard to handle, right? He was obnoxious, emotional, and crazy... At least, according to his Master. He wasn't really surprised if that had been the case, and- although he didn't want to- he was sort of beginning to accept the loss of his lover, wherever he may be. It hurt, but just with Kristof, he couldn't really do anything about it.

(I'm not getting any for yours either, except for this one! It's really bothering me, not going to lie...)

"You can try Kristof's soup when he comes. His Mom used to make it for him, 'cause in Russia, it's cold a lot, so he always had soup," Braylin babbled, struggling to find the inbetween between being happy that his Master would be returning and able to see the lives they had created together, but, as much as he disliked Tobiah, seeing the repercussions left on Reginald did make him want the human to return, even if he had caused the sadness by leaving him in the first place.

Frankly, it was unthoughtful, mean and selfish.

"You look awfully pale," he paused, his hands cupping the other's cheeks with a motherly huff. He may be younger than the other, but given their personalities, it was mostly Braylin who mothered and had a tendency to protect Reginald, rather than it be vice versa. "You shouldn't be this pale. I demand you go rest, Mister! You want to be able to have kids, and you can't if you're all sick and tired, hm?"

[[ I would resend them, but I have absolutely no idea how to :/ ]]

Offering a playful huff with all of the energy he could muster, he looked away and offered an obviously feigned smile. "Oi, I'm fine. I wasn't the one who had four babies ripped from my stomach, right? I just need a day or two to sleep, and some nice cooked cod, and I'll be all set. You promise you'll stay in my room while I sleep, right? I-I can't sleep alone, you know that, and now that Tobiah's gone... Just, lay in bed with me?"

"Obviously, duh," he chuckled, clambering in close beside him on the bed with arms quietly wrapping around his stomach, as if remembering how fresh the scars still were, and attempting to protect them from reopening and causing him more agony than he had already endured. "I love you, y'know. Remember that," he yawned, pressing inward for a simple hug, keeping his arms wrapped around him as he absently listened to the men work downstairs, trusting them entirely - if they fucked up, Kristof would kill them. Easy as. While it wasn't something Braylin should really be proud of... he couldn't help finding Kristof's power rather attractive, whether that was his general taste in men or whether it was simply for the fact the Russian was his Master.

Burying his head in the crook of the other's neck, the affectionate neko's only response were low purrs as he tugged the piles of pillow and blankets around them. Another cat-like quality that the boy did was, when he slept, he did need to have some sort of a nest-like barrier between him. It made him feel safer, in some way, though deep down he knew it really didn't help.

Once situated, it took the sickly looking boy only moments to be out like a light with a soft snore to him. He was a fast sleeper, after all, even if he wasn't completely exhausted.

And the inu wasn't that far behind - they day had been the epitome of exhaustion, and he for one, despite his usual energetic personality, was ready to slumber contently alongside his best friend, only really ready to awake if his children cried for the nightly feed.

And so, automatically awakening at around half four to five in the morning, he yawned quietly, expecting to hear the odd whine from his children, hungry and wanting attention from him at the early hour... only to hear soft murmurs in the next room, rather than the cries and gurgles he had been waiting anxiously for. Immediately convincing himself that there was a burglar in the home, he nudged Reginald with a soft whine, all while already leaping out of bed despite the harsh pain across his stomach. "Th-There's someone in my... my babies' room, R-Reggie!"

Status
Not open for further replies.