The War of Zethrex

I would like to clarify that the Magi faction does not have airships. Magi warships are boats. The Alliance has the greatest airship technology to date, and the Purgers only have makeshift airships that aren't fit for serious warfare.

Due to a glitch in the editing system, i had to go back into the post and seperate all the dialogue from everything else. The post should be much easier to read now that that's done. Sorry if it caused any inconvenience earlier.

Lovedove, left my post ambiguous towards your character purposefully. KeRahn could already be in the room woken up with the rest, stepping into the room when Sieg 'introduced you' turning to face the door, or meet up with everyone later. However you want to swing it. After you post next I'm planning on (hopefully) squeezing in a detailed mission brief before any combat ensues, and again, feel free to use or name any of the nameless squad members before or during the fight.

Your post is making me lawl.

Alright, I'll just my post and KeRahn go along with yours.

Sorry for the time it took for me to post, guys. Been busy today.
Hope the little confrontation between KeRahn and Jenkins made up for it ;)

The battle post will be done by the end of tomorrow. This should give everyone plenty of time to get done with whatever social interactions you may want to do before the fight.

No fighting is to be posted until that happens, need to keep everyone on the same page. We currently have an abundance of Purgers btw, 5 Purgers, 2 Magi, and 2 Alliance. We should be getting a few more people on the Magi side soon, and i ask that if anyone has friends who they think might be interested in this RP, to please bring them in.

Once the fighting begins, pick a target(s) and engage. Hoping to see plenty of combat between the players. Try not to stick to fighting NPC's so as to keep everything fun and fresh. Once targets are selected, i will use the NPC's at my disposal to help run the combat along and keep it fun. Expect plenty of twists in your combat scenarios :devilfire:

Well, you -can- die, but I don't expect any PCs to kick the bucket in the first battle.

Also, Pheonix, line through or somehow or another strike post 39 in this thread. Zen already lined through the first page post disallowing Alliance members. :p
Also, you guys capping Purger creation soon?+

We should be, yeah. I'm not sure if he'll be able to edit anyone's post if post #39 isn't his.

Player death is always possible, yes. Wouldn't be a real war if it wasn't. However, like Kaz said, player death in the 1st battle is a slim possibility. I trust in everyone's personal skill to see them through to the end. I also plan to have several suprises thrown into player fights to help even the playing field when needed. Keep in mind, as GM, i not only control the NPC's, but i also control the environment around you. All the ships, all the NPC cannon fire, even the ocean and the sky are under my command. Suffice to say, i plan to keep this interesting and entertaining.

If you die, then yes your character is out. However, you are not barred from making a new character, even on a different faction if you wanted. However, whatever new characters you make will not be eligible to participate in the same battle that your original character died in. Can't die, then make a new character and inject them into the same scene where your other character died to continue the fight.

The battle has commenced. Pick your targets and have at it. Use whatever you can to your advantage. The war is on!

Kaz! I demand a battle!!

You don't need to pick a target in this OOC thread, you can just engage another player in the RP. The players do not need to be balanced on any side of any engagement. I will provide NPC and possibly even environmental assistance to anyone who i believe is at an "unfair" disadvantage. Keep in mind that this means that i may personally engage others with my signature NPC's if i feel it is nessesary, (siganture NPC meaning a named character like the ones i made profiles for, rather than nameless soldiers who happen upon the scene.) If this happens, don't think that being a GM means i can break the rules and godmod. I will still follow the same rules as anyone else on the battlefield.

Also, for the Purgers, you don't need to wait for me to make another post saying that your ships are in range. You can go ahead and post that you are in range and do your thing whenever you feel like it. Consider the ability to choose when you show up at the battle as being your "element of surprise" paying off.

I'm sorry for the stupid question, but where's the sniper team at again? I'm a bit confused on that.

Apparently you've joined Kazilith's squad which he is the leader of. so wherever he is i suppose. He should be posting soon.

Apologies for the delay, too many damn tests this week and finals are next week. Been swamped with hours of study, but an RP post will make for a good distraction/break.

Post up, I'll check back again around midnight (central time) and post again if needed. All ready for combat posts from here on out.

Name: Ramsay Faust
Faction:The Circle of Magi
Nation (opt):
Appearance:Tall with dark hair tied into a ponytailand silver blue eyes.6'2 and desptie being skinny he can punch his weight.When in battle he wears a armour made of leather
and mail over his vitals.The leather is inscribed with sigils that protect agaisnt magical attacks and small arms attacks.Otherwise he dresses in loose fitting clotheing that won't get snagged on anything should he have to run suddenly.
History: A mage all his life he's obsessed with finding new ways to bend magic to his will make something new. A scholar in some ways and a truly unpleasnt warrior in others hes unique with his views in contorting magic to his whims and with the war on he found a new way that he could experiment on his enmies with new combonations of magic. He attempts to use all differnt types of magic but primarily sticks with unholy types.
Personality (opt):Quiet, his eyes constanly moveing over everyone and everything as though decdieing how to kill them the fastest
Weapons/Powers: A long sword that is enchanted with fire searing wounds shut to prevent later proper healing. Several knives one hidden in his sleeve and the rest about his person.

e29263f2bf1a11cf328af8557fd78460.jpg

He looks like that. Add leather armor and minus the robes. And put his hair in a ponytail.

My most recent post with Kite was directed at Mila towards the end where he enters the battle. It seemed that Mila needed an opponent, so i made one.

Uhm. How does the idea of a defected mage powerful enough to draw the Circle's attention in the Purgers sound? He uses magic .. To hunt down magic. :D