The War of Zethrex

Yeah, they were kind of the original people who built up the nation and many other species immigrated to Okira and kind of added some of their own little bits and pieces to it. If that made sense.

Yup, that works. Profile's approved.

And just so everyone knows, I will be trying to get the in character up by tonight, just so we can get the ball rolling. If not tonight, then it will be up tomorrow. Don't worry about characters not meeting up yet, Pheonix will be ensuring that we all do.

Can you tell us how the magic works exatcly whats the rules to it? I am curious and I'd like to join as well ill get my chcracter sheet up soon too

The best way i can describe magic is this: Magic is a form of energy, no matter what type of magic it is, be it elemental, light, dark, holy, unholy, arcane, or any other type of magic one might think of or create. As such, it's uses are almost limitless. It can be used for combat, whether it be in the form of a fireball, a lightening strike, or even just an enchantment put into a sword or other item. It can be used in place of electricity to create household items you might find in the modern day (though augmented of course). It is quite literally the ultimate source of power, in every sense of the word. Magic has provided the answer to all the problems of the world, but some would argue that it has caused more problems than it solved. Every type of magic is distinctly different, and yet at the same time, equally balanced. Mix different types, and get different results.

Magic is energy. Magic is science. Magic is life.

Hope that answers your question.

Name: Alana Block
1783.jpg

Faction: The Alliance

Nation (opt): Halean

Appearance: Alana has long brunett hair that gently curls at the ends,she usally wears it down. Her body is much like a cat's,slender,muscular and curved in all the right places,though Alana is around 5'4'' this little spit fire can pack a punch.

History: Born into a family who supported the king and his beloved queen, Alana's five brothers have also joined the Alliance. All of them are suspected to be dead. Alana went off to school and apon returning home found the families house deserted and turned over. Drawing the conclution her parents and little sister are dead or imprisoned Alana joined the Alliance.

Personality (opt): Although Alana past has been rocky she's a warm and freindly person most often found laughing or telling jokes to cheer up her commrads. But if left alone Alana came be found quietly listening to music,looking into space thinking.

Weapons/Powers: Growing up in a house full of brothers has made Alana a pretty skilled boxer, though her parents and siblings all had some kind of power Alana has none. She carries a dagger in her belt at all times but perfers a longer distance attack,crossbow is her weapon of choice but can shoot a gun.

This is a list of guidelines that I created a while back. They are meant to describe what constitutes as godmodding, primarily during a T1 based RP fight, and can be used for virtually any setting or genre. This is just for those who may not be experienced with RP combat and might need a little help.

1: Teleportation of ANY kind, including portals and moving at a speed that is so fast that it might as well be teleporting, if used during a fight or for the purpose of starting a fight, such as teleporting behind someone to hit them or anything like that, is a god mod. It is a mod because it makes it nearly impossible, if not entirely impossible to hit you. It is ok to use outside of combat, but once your character is engaged in a fight, it becomes unfair to use.

2: You cannot block an attack with your body and take no damage from it. No matter how insanely powerful your character may be, if you are directly hit with any attack, you take damage from it that is relative to the attack dealt. For example: if someone slices your arm, and you fail to either dodge it or block it with a weapon or shield or something of the like, your arm gets cut. Depending on how the attacker worded the post, your arm could in fact be cut clean off.

3: Your attack, no matter how complex, no matter how powerful, no matter how fucking long it took you to charge it, CAN AND MUST be able to be completely avoided in some way. Now the way it can be avoided can be extremely hard to figure out, sure. Or it can take a lot of power to avoid, power equal to the amount of power it took to make the attack. Which means that if you put every last ounce of your energy into an attack and someone manages to avoid getting hit by it, you're shit out of luck because you just used up all your power and are now almost completely defenseless. Bottom line is, there is no such thing as an attack that cannot be avoided, period.

4: Armor does not protect you from everything. If someone with the strength to punch a building and turn it into a crater slashes you with a sword, I don't care how thick your suit of armor is, that steel isn't going to prevent it from penetrating. Armor is almost completely useless in a high power RP fight, and it is recommended that it be used only for show. However this is limited to high power fights, as stated, and armor can be very useful in the right scenarios against the right opponents. RP genre and setting should also be taken into account. However the base rule always applies: Armor can protect, but not from everything.

5: In case I didn't clear this up earlier, an attack requires an equal amount of power to create as the amount of damage it causes. So the harder it is to defend against, the more power it must drain from you in the process. For example: If someone makes an attack that is powerful enough to take out several people and deal incredible destruction to the area at the same time, that is what we call a "Finisher" move. Such a move usually requires the user to be drained of nearly all power after usage. It is a trump card, if you will.

6: Illusions are a tricky thing to call into an RP fight for several reasons. One of those reasons is that it's so easy to god mod when using one, and usually takes a lot of skill and practice in order to use one that is not a mod. In order to use an illusion, you MUST make it possible to whomever it is being used on to figure out that it is an illusion. You can make it difficult to figure it out, but it must be able to be figured out without asking if it is an illusion. Another, more noobish way of doing it, is to include in the post itself that it is an illusion. You can't make some kind of super crazy attack that nearly destroys someone and then say "oh it was an illusion, don't worry" UNLESS you make it so that they can figure out what it is BEFORE it is used. They don't HAVE to actually figure it out, but you have to provide what is needed in order for them to be able to figure it out.

7: Any weapon can be broken if it is put under enough strain. You can augment your weapon, enchant it, forge it, whateverthefuckyouwant it to make it stronger both physically and magically, but it is by no means completely indestructible. Even if a weapon can be disassembled and reconstructed, or shattered and reconstructed, it can be permanently disabled/broken somehow. Again, the way to do it can be hard to figure out, but it can be done.

8: Doing something as incredible as moving planets, stars, controlling the flow of souls, or anything that outrageous, is a godmod. Doing things like that would require VAST amounts of power to accomplish even in a small way. So much power that, short of being a god character, you shouldn't be able to do. There are times when something like this may be possible, but only for story reasons, and almost never during a fight.

9: You do not have an unlimited amount of energy. You do not have the ability to completely drain your energy in an attack, and then absorb energy from something else to regenerate all the energy you used up. You may be able to become stronger or obtain more energy based on certain circumstances, but it is not unlimited no matter what.

10: Hybrid races are a tricky thing to use. But here's the deal. If you choose to play as a hybrid character that is made up of more than 1 race, such as a vampire/demon, or any other mixture, then you take into account the weaknesses that both races have. You cannot have all of the strengths and none of the weaknesses; it just doesn't work that way. Any strengths that you get from one side will be halved since you are only 50% of that race. However, the same goes for its weaknesses. You will only be half as affected by whatever that race is weak to. If you play a character that is made up of 2 races that both share similar strengths and/or weaknesses, then those would amplified accordingly, however it is generally accepted that you would never be as powerful as a pure breed. You could be close, and is certain cases could surpass a purebreed, but it varies depending on the combination.

11: Custom races/species are rarely used, but if you think you've got a great idea for one in mind and want to use it, there are a few simple rules you need to know. The race, like all others, must have equal but opposite strengths and weaknesses. There is no such thing as a perfect race or species. For every abnormal positive, there must be a corresponding negative. Follow this rule and you should have no problem creating a believable and usable new custom race.

12: Custom magic follows very similar rules as custom races. If you wish to create a new power through magic, it must have disadvantages to balance its advantages. For example, I myself created a type of magic I call Chaos magic/energy by taking light and dark energy and forcing them together. The result is a highly unstable and violent new energy that is a result of the 2 opposite conflicting energies fighting against each other. It is a very powerful form of magic and can be used in a variety of ways, but due to its unstable nature, it is almost as dangerous to the user as it is to its target. But that is the tradeoff. I get to use a much more powerful magic against my opponents, but in return, I take damage from it as well. So it works.

I hope that these guidelines will help everyone better understand the do's and don'ts of RP combat. These can generally be used in any RP type/genre, but are mostly confined to T1 style combat, which is the most used style in the world, and typically the only one used in a forum setting. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Name: Frostbite Doe
Faction: Alliance
Nation (opt): Qortic
Appearance: Frostbite.jpg
Frostbite's outfits tend to change, but most of the time she wears a gun on her person. Her outfits will be described in my posts.
History: My name is Frostbite Doe. Don't bother asking me what my real name is cause far as I know, this is my real name. My family was taken from me when I was a teenager to be experimented on by the Magi. They never told me what they were doing to them, just said to not worry about them anymore, that they were gonna be taken care of... Lying sons of bitches. I found my grandmother's corpse floating along the canals not long afterwards, so I'm just gonna assume that's what happened to the rest of them. Spent the next couple of years mourning them, or being locked in jail... Yeah I've been hardened some by all of this, so what? Who wouldn't be? The children here ain't no like other kids I knew growing up. They aren't innocent anymore. Most of them know what the hell is going on around here and that fucking terrifies me. There's no way in hell any good can come out of living in a place like this. The Magi don't care about us, they want to be the Almighty Creator and will hack us all down if we get in their way. That's why the people have to take a stand. That's why I'm in the Alliance. Something has to be done, otherwise we're all goners. Personality (opt): Tough and hard around the edges. Frostbite doesn't like to deal with bullshit and prefers being around people who are blunt and to the point. Good luck finding any sort of soft side to her.
Weapons/Powers: Frostbite of course is an ice user. She is able to summon water, ice, snow, and even create Frostbite. However she cannot heat up water or make steam. All of her powers are to remain in the below freezing areas. She does have somewhat of a natural resistant to cold, but Frostbite is human so drop the temperature too much and she will die.
Her gun - 2526266623_440cf4425f.jpg A standard pistol in this time. Frostbite infuses the weapon with her ice powers. When the bullet hits her target they will be encased in a thin layer of ice. The layer is thin enough for the victim to break out of her, but it is meant as a way to stop the victim if the bullet doesn't end up killing them.
Touch of Ice: If her hands makes contact with someone's flesh (this can also be her own) frostbite will start forming. The longer her hands, the more sever the burn.

The IC thread has been created.
Magi characters start in the capital city of Nexus in Qortic.
Alliance characters start in the city of Kalin located on the coast of one of the Alliance nations known as Niros
Purger characters also start in Kalin.
Read the 1st post for more details.

http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=6673

Name: Doorknob, lord of Lavalamp, duke of Chair
Faction: exalted
Nation (opt): Lavalamp
Appearance: in the book version only
History: C+
Personality (opt): absent
Weapons/Powers:

Don't mind the nonsense. Filler until I edit the post and create the legit char.

Kaz!!! Did Pheonix persuade you to join or something? XDD

Didn't take much persuasion. Put you as my referral, as you linked me the thread and I read it and began thinking char ideas right there.

Awesome dude, nice to have you on here. It's about time we all got to rp together.

I will be making dedicated characters for each faction to help push the story along. These will be distinct from major NPC's which i will also control. I will try to avoid using these characters in combat situations. If i ever do use them in combat, it will be either for significant story events or for balance purposes.

Name: Sethix Striker
Faction: Magi
Nation: Qortic
Race: Human - White
Appearance: About 6'3" with shoulder length black hair and black eyes.
black_mage_colorisation_by_kev1987-d31ss0z.jpg

Remove the hat and replace the staff with a sword.

History: N/A find out more in the story if interested.

Weapons/Powers: Uses a double edged sword infused with dark magic. Proficient in the use of dark magic and minor arcane magic.

Name: Kite Remani
Faction: Alliance
Nation: Niros
Race: Human - White
Appearance:
Nas_by_nasser.jpg
Usually wears a white T shirt with a dark blue vest over it, and slightly baggy blue jeans with black sneakers. He stands at about 6'2".

History: Born and raised in Niros. He grew up in a middle class family as an only child. From a young age, he trained in the art of light mixed with holy magic, as well as fire magic. He joined the Niros military at age 16, the youngest legal age to join. Shortly thereafter, the Alliance was formed, and the fight against the Magi was on the horizon. He is now completely dedicated to the cause. The Magi will be destroyed, or he will die trying.

Weapons/Power: He uses the standard Alliance armor (see the pic int he faction description post) with a few modifications to suit his style. Primarily, the shield is made of the same material as the armor rather than magic. It is enchanted for further protection from magic attacks. The shield is also much larger and in a rectangular shape rather than a circle, large enough to cover the whole body when positioned in front. Shield is extendable from the arm, making it much more compact for when mobility is more important.

Name: Vitali Styles
Faction: Purgers
Nation: Circa (Circa is a smaller nation that quickly surrendered to the Magi after they took control of Qortic due to lack of a large military force and no allies. It is also rumored that the king of Circa agrees with the Magi's ideals.)
Appearance:
Serenade_by_DOXOPHILIA.jpg

History: He was born blind with the ability to see through the ethereal plane, meaning that he sees the energy within objects and lifeforms. He is able to see as clearly as any normal person, perhaps even more clearly, but without definite shapes. Auras show to him more than physical forms. He was gifted with technology, and is a proficient inventor, but never was able to grasp the art of magic. He joined the Purgers recently because he agrees with their ideals against the abuse of magic.

Weapons/Powers: Aside from his ability to see through the ethereal plane, he has no powers. He wears either the standard Inquisitor armor or the Hellsing armor, depending on what type of combat situation he is going into, as well as the matching weapons.

Interesting characters, Pheonix. (secretly wonders what Taiken will think of a slacking bad-mouthed KeRahn, haha.)

Changed the name to Vitali Styles. Taiken is another character i have. Decided to change the character to Vitali midway through and forgot to change the name before i posted it.

Sieg_1.png
Name:
Siegfried (goes by Sieg to friends)
Faction:
Purgers (formerly Alliance)
Appearance:
Human, muscular build, looks to be in his late 30s. He has a short-cropped haircut with some grey streaks showing early aging. In combat he wears a mix of standard Alliance and Purger armors, using the pieces he's most comfortable with in both sets.
History:
Early in the war, Siegfried enlisted in a frontline tactical unit for the Alliance. Eager to fight the Magi, angry at their destruction of his homeland, he quickly proved his worth in combat, participating in several successful skirmish strikes against a few Magi strongholds. Field promoted to sergeant when the prior squad leader was killed, Siegfried's unit was selected for a special assault on a research facility wherein the Magi were rumored to be studying the effects of a new magi-tech weapon. This mission proved to be trap. His unit was killed to the last man, and he was captured as the sole survivor. Brutally tortured for weeks, he was interrogated for tactical information. Refusing to reveal the information, they left him bloody and broken. While in captivity he reviewed the assault that led to this capture and noticed pieces of information were off. Something about the ambush didn't make sense. One evening the right set of circumstances presented itself and he was able to make his escape. Evading Magi patrols Siegfried returned to his unit much to the surprise of his superior officer, Captain Fafnir, whom when learning of Sieg's survival, shot him in the chest with his sidearm. Left for dead, Sieg awoke in the care of a Purger medic. Nursed back to health by the Purgers, he became a useful asset, his knowledge of Alliance tactics combined firsthand experience in combat against the Magi earned him a place in the Purger ranks. Again a squad leader, Sieg will fight for the Purgers against the Magi that destroyed his home, and a personal private vendetta against the Alliance that betrayed him.
Personality (opt):
Tends to be serious minded, always focused on the current mission objective. He can be a cynic at times, disillusioned towards the war as a whole from his previous encounters.
Weapons/Powers:
Mix-matched set of Alliance/Purger armor, standard issue rifle, combat knife, and a personal magi-tech sidearm.

Character creation for the Alliance is temporarily disabled. Looking for more Magi players. Purger creation is also still available.

Name: Aminta Florentina

Faction: Purgers

Nation (opt): Halean

Appearance: Aminta is a very petite woman, only standing at 4 ft 7 and weighs 97 pounds. Most would confuse her to be thirteen due to her small stature and young delicate features. Her deep ocean blue eyes are a bit large for her face. Amita's skin is the color of cream, a permanent pink blush flushes her cheeks. Only two scars are on her body, a think pink scar travels from her temple and down her jaw line. The other is on her lower left abdomen, but looks to be more of a branded symbol, looks like to three swirled circles. On normal days she wears long flowing silk dresses, but when the army calls she wears a long velvet blue jacket it swings below her knees. A short blue and white under dress, with black thigh high laced boots.
641px-Triple-Spiral-Symbol-filledsv.png
woman anime warrior.jpg

Personality (opt): A very shy and timid woman, she usually keeps to herself. If you do manage to get her to speak, she is very quiet, polite, and intelligent. Aminta's voice is a heavily accented whisper. She is the type of girl that would give a complete stranger the shirt of her back if he could fit in it. Even through her normal sweet nature, do not under estimate her. Once pushed past the breaking point, she will stand her ground. Throwing down any opponent who dares to keep her from achieving her goals.

Weapons/Powers: Aminta has a hand crafted sword that glows a bright blue. The engravings a sterling silver, that she keeps on her person at all times. The sword has the ability to cast a shield around herself and others in close proximity. It absorbs all magical spells, but any melee can still penetrate. Aminta herself has the ability to heal others if necessary. However, if the wound is extremely life threatening her powers will fall short. She is very skilled with up close hand in hand combat, and a expert swordsman (woman).

History: Aminta was born and raised in Halean, the rolling green hills will always be home to her. Living in a small fishing village by a large river that went into the horizon. She would usually play by the edges with her two younger sisters, all of them were dearly loved by her parents. Aminta's life was almost perfect, very simple. On her tenth birthday the Magi raided her village looking for more troops for their army. Those that refused were murdered, her parents tried to sneak them out. The rest of her family were captured and eliminated. Aminta managed to make it to the next village, before collapsing on the edge of death. A old couple took the young lady in. Teaching her how to use magic only when necessary, her adopted father help her master the way of the sword. Once of age, she set of to become a healer for the purger army. Now at the age of twenty five she is a highly decorated soldier.