The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon - On the Road - Hank/Floyd/Jess/Heather/Aubrey/Imogen/Matt/Enrique/Andrew

Abram's words had struck a chord with Jon, who had only listened to the other man in silence at the time. Internally, his emotions had been on high, a raw pain resurfacing as Abram mentioned Baton Rouge. Abram and his people hadn't understood-- couldn't see past Tremblay as an other, a human being painted as a bad guy for simply not being aligned with themselves. Jon had done enough of that before the apocalypse to know it was all too easy, so he couldn't bring himself to hold a grudge against Abram, especially as the man was now apologizing.

But what got stuck in Jon's craw was the idea that Hank could be fixed. Unlike Abram, Hank had dropped off a cliff that Jon didn't care to believe he could climb back up. It was a blessing that Joe had been left behind and not killed. Jon hoped that man knew how damn lucky he was. Thing was, Jon was damn well unsatisfied. Hank had scoffed when Jon had accused him, but Jon knew what was up. He knew Hank was the coward who assassinated his friend. Hank was the man who cut Jon's community into two and smeared its remains across Louisiana and Mississippi. The idea that fixing anything was laughable. If anything, a correction was in order.

Though his insides were like a torrent, Jon maintained a cool composure as he waited for Hank's return. He tried to rehearse what he would say, but a new wave of anger would wash over Jon and any thought toward preparation was forgotten. He, Abram, and the girls waited in silence until Hank appeared on the horizon. He knew it was time, and a calm had settled upon Jon, his face a mask of stone. He climbed out of the van after Abram, listening idly to the group banter about their discoveries. Perhaps Jon would have had an opinion on whether they would stay or go if his head had not been elsewhere, but the stocky man ignored the conversation for the most part and aimed his gun out into the distance.

When Hank had finished talking, Jon swung his rifle toward Hank, aiming it specifically at the man's head. Unlike the incident before, Jon looked in control of his emotions. He stared at Hank for a moment and said, "We'll make the decision after this is cleared up." He took a moment to adjust his feet, his eyes not moving away from Hank. He had no idea how the others were reacting physically, as he stood only a few feet from Hank. There was little doubt he'd miss a shot from here. "I know you're a liar, Hank. I know what you did, and I am not lowering this fucking gun until you admit it. I want you to admit to everyone you're a goddamn coward who doesn't give another man a fair fight. You killed Tremblay! You fucking--" Cutting himself off, Jon breathed in sharply. "You think you're better than the rest of us, huh? Just fucking admit it already!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: SheriffLlama
Aubrey - On the road - Jon/Enrique/Abram/Jess/Heather/ Others

Having gone out on her own for a minute helped Aubrey clear her head and calm her nerves. She had taken the time to walk down the road, then come back up to the van through the trees lining the sides of the road. How long she had been away was unknown, all she knew is that it had taken her a while because by the time she had gotten near the area the van was at, she could hear voices. She took it as her queue to jog back and see what the others were doing.

As she neared the van, she could hear Hank finishing off his sentence. What he said was unknown, but she had gotten there in time to see when Jon aimed his weapon at Hank, which set her on high alert. Aubrey's reflexes kicked in, and she silently lifted her bow with the arrow the was already in her other hand. For a brief moment, she made eye contact with Hank before redirecting her attention to Jon.

"Jon, please put the gun down." Her voice was calm and collected, not knowing if the man would turn his aggression to her. "I'm sure this could be talked about in a more calm, less life threatening manner."

---------------------------------------

Scarlett - Leaving Morgantown - John/Phillip/Carlos

Scarlett had completely ignored the little meeting Nathan was holding with the other two near the gate. Instead, she pressed on with her eyes scanning the area around her. What she hadn't expected was to see the empty shells and blood stained concrete in front of the gates. Even after she had felt as if nothing was left inside of her, Scarlett's heart broke once more and she wrapped her arms around herself to keep from falling apart.

The French soldier spoke to her but she only hear bits and pieces. It was difficulty for her to focus but she forced herself to.

"We're going to find Hank and the others. I need answers and possibly his head." She spoke in a quiet voice, hoping it wouldn't crack in front of the men. "As for now, I do believe Claiborne. He told me what had happened when everyone else from the community simply looked at me. He had the balls to show me my sister, and he's giving her a proper burial." As Scarlett looked over to John, she noticed Carlos give Phillip a nervous look, but Phillip simply ignored him and gave Scarlett a nod.

The young woman looked down when John offered her the cigarette, and although she was tempted to take one, she simply shook her head knowing that was an addiction she had struggled to get rid of before the world had practically ended. "She was all I had..." Scarlett turned away from John and frowned, not being able to say her name. Without saying a word, Scarlett turned a corner and pointed to a certain direction, immediately changing the topic. They'd be headed to the Walmart where the group had chosen to take refuge at before they had come across Morgantown.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Heather - Road - Hank, Jon, Others

All she saw was a gun pointed at Hank. That was all it took for her to move. He might be a selfish cold bastard, but somewhere deep in her Heather knew she still loved him.
Damn him.

"Put it down Jon," she ordered. "Put it down or I swear to whatever God is still listening that the next time you sleep you won't wake up."
~~~~~~~~

Jess - Road - Hank, Jon, Abram, Imogen, Others

She planned to leave but never had an opportunity. She knew she'd have the leave when no one was watching or they would stop her. It was starting to irritate her.
But before she could speak to Hank about the possibility of going back to the Wal-Mart, and leaving her there, Jon apparently lost his mind and pointed a gun at Hank.
Jess covered Ben's face as he whimpered at the shouting. Of course Heather had to get involved. The woman didn't know when to stay out of things.

Jess moved closer to Abram, knowing he would protect her and Ben if things went crazy.

As for the issue at hand, she wasn't sure what side she was on. On the one hand avoiding conflict was best, but if they stayed in the town then Hank was right, someone would find them and they would have conflict anyway.
Tears stung her eyes as she silently wept.
If only Floyd was here. He would know what was right. Despite her resolve to move on from the man who clearly did not care for her, her confidence in him hadn't changed. They were lost without him.

Finding Imogen, Jess hid her face by turning towards the woman who understood her feelings for Floyd.
"I wish Floyd was here," she said in a low voice.

Emma - The Apartments - Fan/Cutter/ETC

Emma watched, her interested peaked as Fan loudly chewed out Cutter. She found no displeasure in seeing the man in this position. Her satisfaction only grew when the woman commanded him to give Emma her gun back. She stepped forward, reached down, and snatched her gun from his hand.

As fan stopped her, insisting on checking her injury. The young girl sighed, rolling her eyes. "Fine." Was all she said, and walked into the building as Greg stole Cutter's attention. She walked, expecting Fan to follow her. She reached her apartment and sat down in the bedroom as Fan followed behind her. "Your friends a jerk." She muttered, looking up at the woman.

Asya - the apartment rooftops- Danny, Elloit, Reese, rob, others

As Greg talked to Cutter on the street, and Fan was helping Emma with b her injuries, Asya cooked. The Indian American girl was very pretty, noticeably she wore make up. While she did in joy looking nice, she was forced to poo UT it on. Her boyfriend Rick, a man she knew and fell in love with before the outbreak. Recently he had changed , changed because he started show symptoms of Schizophrenia. He had became violent and paranoid. He had attacked her the other day. He was dangerous and a threat, now. She didn't know if Greg was right or not. Should they end his suffering? Should they kill him? However, she had a job to do right now.

"Question, can any of you boys peel potatoes well?"

Fan- Emma's room - Emma

As Emma sat her Bed, Fan removed the girl's bandages as the two talked.

"You're preaching to chore. He's a real grade a Ass, but he's loyal to me. This is first time I've seen him in weeks. I thought he died. I've been stuck with him since the beginning of this."

Feeling around ribs, Fan would push and prod.

"Okay, scale one to 10, how bad does that hurt?"

@Rithas @Atomyk @C.T. @SheriffLlama

• Bucket of Rainbows
Emma - Apartments - Fan

The girl sat on her bed, holding up the hem of her shirt as Fan prodded her ribs, much to Emma's displeasure. She forced herself not to flinch as Fan pressed on a soft spot, releasing a wince. "Twelve." She responded to Fan's question.

As Fan continued her work, Emma looked down to the gash, seeing that it was no longer bleeding.

Abram - The Road - Hank, Jon, Aubrey, ETC.

As Jon's gun came to point at Hank, Abram was not surprised at the hostility that rose up towards the man. As the soldier stepped forward, he shouldered his rifle, drawing his pistol from his waistband, but not raising it. He walked to Jon, stepped between him and hank, and looked the younger man in the eyes.

"Son, I need you to put that weapon down." He said. "Aubrey, you too, if you wouldn't mind." He said, looking back to the girl. "Look, son, I know you have your reasons to dislike Hank - Man, I know he's a real pain sometimes, but this isn't the way to do it.

"We don't turn on our own people." He said. "You two can talk this out, but only after you put the gun down.

Reactions: Josh M
Cutter-Apartments-Greg/Others
When the girl snatched the gun from Cutter's hand he stopped himself from saying something witty, Fan would probably not be happy about that. As Fan and Emma walked away Greg approached, he looked no worse for wear.

"We're cool for now, So what're these plans Fan has in mind?" Cutter said walking into the gates, the mention of new people intrigued Cutter. Prospect of new people, new dangers, new friends or lovers. He walked alongside Greg as the pair conversed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enrique-The Road-Abram, Jon, Hank, Aubrey, Jess, Heather ETC
Enrique Hank and Turisa had returned from the town, they'd scavenged. Not run into any real trouble. Hank was speaking then something very abrupt happened, Jon aimed his rifle at hank. Enrique instinctively drew his pistol and pulled the hammer, he was standing not far from Hank and the next bullet could easily be meant for him. He had it ready to shoot and apparently he wasnt the only one. No one else was defending Jon in this situation. The guns were all on him, even Heather threatened his life. Enrique watched as Abram drew his pistol and stood between the rifle and Hank, this just seemed like it was a bad idea. He heard the baby crying at the commotion and felt the urge to just pop Jon then and there. This situation was bad, these people were already loosing it on each other after only just being shot at by someone who they should hold a common hate for.

"Esto es tonto," Enrique spoke to himself as he reset the hammer on his pistol before looking around, "Jon, I dont know you too well, I've only been with y'all a few days but I dont think you need to shoot Hank, or vise versa man."​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Turisa - Road - Hank, Jess, Others.

It was not that long ago that Turisa had returned with Hank and Enrique from their, it was mostly successful with some tinned foods and some feul being recovered back with them, although not a lot it was certainly needed and all three made it back which on most days would be a current bonus. So why was it that upon there return it turned into a dam Mexican standoff, Her first reaction was pretty much dropping the feul can which made a sudden thud almost as soon as Jon had raised his weapon at Hank and start shouting accusations at him after the Later was working out what to do next with the group. That conversation would be much more preferable and Turisa had her own thoughts on that but it no longer mattered.

One after another, people were raising weapons and ordering Jon, the main instigator of this new situation within a group already which is like on super edge as it is. First off was Aubrey, despite raising her raising her bow, She seemed the most calm by asking Jon to lower his weapon and to talk it out and for one Turisa agreed, there was a much better time and place to talk about it, not that she was planning on hanging around. Before she even knew it or put her two cence in, Heather, Jess, Abram and Enrique all popped in with their views or threats, all was mostly aimed at Jon while Abram the crazy fool decided to step into the middle of it all in an attempt to get the wepaon lowered, it was not smart to stand in the line of fire between Hank and Jon, Turisa had a bad feeling about Hank and was expecting something fierce and bad to happen.

Quickly grabbing a glance of the people within the group Turisa ket her eye mostly on Jess with her baby, She to had every right to say what she did to protect her child but this was a tense situation and so the former officer carefully and slowly had made her way round, trying not to make more people jumpy than needed on to her. She saw Jess briefly speaking with the blonde girl Imogen who to had her crossbow primed and aimed on Jon, A serious look on her face. Turisa got beside Jess after there brief words and quietly spoke to the woman while slowly helping her back a bit, Making sure she would be between Jess and any action that may happen. "Jess, Now is not the time to get to close, For both your sake's please" She gently placed a hand on the silently weeping woman. "I don't want you two getting hit if anything happens, Just reinforces my beliefs of leaving this damned group." She spoke softly and quietly to Jess.

Imogen - Road - Jess, Hank, Jon, Others.

Imogen had returned back to the group with Matt but not in a positive mood, Despite the amount of time she spent with Matt in the woodland searching for Floyd, They had failed to locate the man and thus his current where abouts and condition was unknown, Either way Imogen was mostly coming back with the aim to to get the go ahead from Hank to search even more for Floyd, God she so wanted to find the man and was clearly worried a bout him if any one saw her looking out the back window of the van way earlier. Imogen did not do much in the way of small talk with Matt, It was nothing peronsal for her but she didn't know or trust him, So it was mostly him talking and her avoiding half the conversation being more concerned with finding Floyd.

The Blonde was not looking forward to telling Hank she failed to find Floyd but was met with a much more unexpected scenario before her, The guy called Jon had his weapon pointed at Hank, she caught what he was accusing him of, Once again he made it clear he had some connection to Trembley, the thought of the man came straight back to the front of her mind, God she hated that man and he ended up being the one Imogen trully blamed for the losses of their group, At first she blamed Hank and gave him so much shit over it, But when push came to shove Imogen stayed and fought alongside with Hank and the remainder of the group and escaped Baton Rouge, Albeit with an mass numbers of unknown people from other groups.

Imogen instinctively armed and Raised her crossbow at Jon, without a second thought or hesitation as the rest within the group present did mostly the same, either pointing weapons or adding there own threats with only Abram jumping in the middle into the line of fire, What the hell was the man thinking! Sure he wanted to be the voice of reason but this was one sitaution he could not control. She stayed quiet, standing firm but steady awaiting for the opportunity to speak, it pissed her off everyone else was jumping on the band wagon after everything Jon had accused Hank of doing, Imogen though knew Hank was innocent and that he did not kill the man in question.

When Jess made her way over, inside she felt sorry for the woman as she was with a baby, Maybe it was a mistake for her to make a threat bt she was protecting number one, and that was her baby, She stood with Imogen, maybe not he best of ideas in her mind but she knew of the connection Imogen had for Floyd, sometimes one would consider it awkward giving the fact that there was definately something there between Jess and Floyd from the moment she saw the two encounter but from everything she saw since then it seemed one sided, It was surprising that Jess would speak to Imogen considering the fact she hadn't really hidden how much she was missing him and wanted him back despite nothing happening between them before hand. "I wish he was here to" She replied softly to the woman in her moment of distraction of thinking of Floyd as Turisa seemed to move the woman away.

After Imogen fully concentrated on Jon, she just wanted him gone now, the more she thought about him and Trembley, The more she wanted to protect her group and back up Hank, sure he might not be perfect and made some mistakes, but he has always had his group safety in his mind, He brought Heather back, He got them out of New Orleans and Baton rouge with great losses but he kept them together the best he could. Her bow still firmly aimed at Jon she had enough and spoke up to him. "Hey Jack ass, You finished accusing Hank yet? I can tell you now, Hank did not kill Trembley, he was never near him when he was killed." She moved slightly closer to him, But not by much her aim true. " You want to know so badly who killed Trembley? To face the one who killed him? Fine I did it, you happy now?" A moments pause. "That's right I was the one who killed Trembley, Not Hank or anyone else me, He had it coming and I did what I had to" She dropped her bombshell and she was not joking or covering anyone, She was serious and her facial expression showed it, She had a clear shot at Jon to, her finger ready on the trigger, Not what was to happen? what would Hank and the others think of her now, She did what she had to for her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fan- Emma's room - Emma

Looking at Emma's gash closer, Fan would let Emma know her thoughts.

"It doesn't look like it need's stitches. However, at least one of your ribs is broken. Look, we have power, running water. Go take a bath, just relax. After that, warp them up again. I got some pills for you pain. You're a tough, I can tell. You're probably than most the men here."

Giving the girl a small, Fan would pat her on the back. Then would walk towards the exit.

@SheriffLlama

Greg - Apartment's streets - Cutter

Turning to Cuttter, Greg would lean against one the building's walls

"Fan thinks we can make this place a community.. Look, when you were gone, a herd come near. I pitch the group we lore over the right wall, as a strength test."

Greg would meet eyes with cutter."

"We got like, two hundred bloaters against the wall before Fan lured them off. The wall didn't shake an inch. I'm good builder, we already don't get a lot of bloaters 'round her anyway. So, we just gotta put up more walls down the other streets, clear everything good, find more people, and we got ourselves somthin' nice."

Greg would lead Cutter towards the Right wall.

"Fan's got faith in these walls, in me. Mom's gettiin' weaker every day, Fan's all I got. Guys like me, we don't get gals like Fan. I ain't gonna fuck this up, Cutter. I ain't gonna let hurt."

Greg would again be eye to eye with Cutter. This time, more aggressive in tone

"Look, you leavin' for that long? It broke her. She thought you died. I held her as she cried for ya, mornin' ya. Cryin' herself to sleep, you get that? You're like family to her. You ain't gonna hurt her again. I won't let you. Okay?"
@HellHoundWoof

Jess - Road - Imogen, Turisa

Jess let herself be led back by Turisa. Ben was still whimpering and on the verge of fully crying. Jess could only hold him, feeling very alone and wishing someone... that Floyd... was there to hold her.
Not that he would have.

It was amazing how surrounded by people you could feel completely alone.

A wave of nausea passed over her, probably from the constant stress of the situation. Her lips turned white and she closed her eyes as her vision started to swim.
"T-Turisa?" She asked quietly. "I don't feel... I'm sorry... bother..."
She could have sworn she had known how to finish sentences before.

This was not the time to bother anyone. This was not a good time to get sick.
The thought that the group would be better off without her came to mind again.

"I'm just going to... van..." she managed before opening her eyes again to spinning landscape.
"No... better sit," she decided before sitting on the ground, her back to Jon and the others to shield Ben. His little face was red, a warning that he was about to let loose.

The bottom line was she could not keep moving like this. The stress of constantly moving, being in fear of both walkers and of the people she was with, was putting a strain on her that she couldn't handle as a new mother. They needed to either find a place to stay or they would have to leave her somewhere to fend for herself.

"Can't keep moving," she told Turisa, if the woman was still listening. "We need a home."

Hank - On the Road - Jon//Everyone Else

His eyes glimmered with rage, a questionable fury the surrounding members would never understand. Jon stood firm on his two feet and held his weapon with an unbreakable grip. The veins in both his arms popped vigorously as he spoke - the voice of an overwhelmed coward Hank labeled. Jon was more than confused, despite the desire to fire, he wasn't sure of his own actions. He hesitated and was unwilling to move quickly enough to stand his own ground. Slowly the others gathered around him, cornering him back towards the van. Not a single person spoke in his favor, they all questioned his decision and became hostile against the traitor.

Hank stood in the shadow of Abram, quiet, listening and letting the events unwrap themselves. He wasn't listening to Jon, his own thoughts boomed louder than the man's paltry input. An excessive amount of words were being thrown back and forth between the group members. The outcome of this event was already foretold, someone was going to die. Steadily and without bringing attention to himself, Hank moved his right hand towards his holster - the movement was swift and did not attract any glares. Upon reaching the grip of his pistol, his eyes shifted to the current speaker - Abram.

Being behind the large man, Hank could not make out what he was saying. Still his thoughts overwhelmed whatever anyone was saying, keeping to himself and attempting to let the others handle the situation verbally. Of course, this skirmish would not play out so harmlessly. All of a sudden, Hank sensed Enrique start to grumble about something, which brought forth a realization. Every time someone spoke, Jon would slip. For just a mere second, the man's eyes would veer to the speaker instead of Hank himself - the initial target. He would no longer look at his mark, but fixate his eyes on whoever decided to speak. Upon seeing Jon's eyes adjust to Enrique, Hank managed to remove his pistol from it's leather vessel - using Abram as cover for his brisk motion.

On the spur of the moment, Imogen exploded with a cognizance. By Jon's impression and baffled appearance, he was unable to comprehend what Imogen was saying. Hank did not care what was happening between them, he was preoccupied with the the weapon pointed at his chest. In any case, Hank waited for the right moment. He stared at Jon, who wavered from alternatively between Imogen and Hank. It was then that Hank finally started to listen. The awareness that Tremblay was killed by Imogen did not surprise Hank, he knew he had not been the killer the entire time. Jon on the other hand was completely bewildered by such crucial information. For a second his eyes turned to the blonde woman which gave Hank the opening.

Shoving passed Abram, Hank raised his pistol and quickly fired at will. The hammering bang of the bullet escaping the weapon sent Abram into momentary deafness. Between blinks, Hank saw Jon's head clunk backwards and his knees give way for him to crash against the van. As his body slid to the ground, a stain of fresh blood stained the white gloss of their vehicle. No longer was Hank's thoughts overwhelming the speech of others, everything in his head had become quiet.

For just a second he stood there in silence, taking time to check how many bullets remained and holstering his weapon. A couple more steps forward and he reached the deceased body, stripping it of its weapon and looting it for other supplies. "We need to move. Soon their (the walkers) will be on our tail. Enrique, you're driving. We follow that car, go in whatever direction it went. There's bound to be something up the road. Let's go," he commanded, dragging Jon's body away from the van. There wasn't anything else to be said.

Emma - Apartments - Fan

The girl was tired of Fan's poking and prodding long before she finished her checkup. She wasn't surprised about the broken rib, and she was horribly relieved that she didn't need stitches. She'd killed five men and countless walkers, all before she was sixteen; yet still, she we terrified of needles. It also hurt like crap. She was tough, but she'd almost cried back in Haywood, when Doctor O'Connor had stitched one of her wounds.

When Fan went to leave Emma said, "Wait, Fan..." She said, standing up and smoothing the wrinkles in her clothes. "Thanks." She muttered, then stood there as the woman left the room and then the apartment. While the good doctor had recommended a bath, Emma was not keen on using a large amount of the complex's water.

As she walked into the bathroom, looking at her face in the mirror. Dirt was visibly caked on her skin, and her hair was unspeakably awful. She examined her nails briefly and saw that they could match against a witch's nails. Since she didn't spend much time in front of mirrors anymore, she really hadn't noticed how filthy she was. Changing her mind, she searched the apartment for a few items

She went to the hall closet and fought of an abnormally large spider for a dusty towel. After stomping the spider out of existence, she examined the towel. It was dusty - which was expected, since the apartment had probably been vacant for about eleven months. She unfolded the towel and shook it off, visible clouds of dust falling to the ground as she did so. Once she decided that it was clean enough she hung it on her shoulder and dug around in the bathroom closet until she found a bottle of travel shampoo and conditioner. A small part of her jumped in joy at the sight of the shampoo, having not had a proper bathe since leaving Haywood with Shannon and James.

Five minutes later, she was feeling the joy of hot water for the first time in almost four months. It took her about ten minutes to effectively rid her skin of dirt and blood, and about ten more to untangle her mess of red hair and clean it. She gave herself an extra fifteen minutes to soak the soreness from her muscles, and by the end of that, she felt the water slightly drop in temperature, telling her it was time to get out. She stepped out and wrapped in the towel, letting her hair air dry. She wiped the condensation from the mirror and looked at her reflection, almost felling like she was looking at a different person. After drying off, she finished the job with her hair and dug through the sink drawers until she found a brush, cleaning it off in the sink and combing the knots from her locks.

She pulled her jeans on and grabbed a fresh, grey v-neck T-shirt from her backpack and slid it over her head, and tying her hair into a bun. After redressing her wound, she found her knife holster in her bag and pulled it out, sliding it into her belt. She went to the kitchen and found a steak knife the rather closely fit into her sheath and buckled the strap. She found it funny that the small things were what made her happy, but the two small things were opposite - taking a hot bath and feeling good again, and then having a weapon on her hip.

Abram - The Road - Hank, Jess, Imogene, ETC.

The soldier heard the click of Hank's pistol and then ringing in his ears trumped the sound of the gunshot. As the smaller man pushed him aside, he swore and jumped to stop hank, but it was too late. Jon's head whipped backwards and his corpse fell limp to the ground. "Damn it, Hank!" He shouted, but the man ignored him.

He'd known from the beginning that this altercation wouldn't- no - couldn't end well. Hank was a loaded gun, while Jon's temper was a ticking time bomb. The young man had basically bought his death certificate the moment he'd lifted his gun. Had Hank not done it, Abram probably would've done it himself, since he knew that Jon wasn't going to back down.

• Love
John - Natchez - Scarlett

John looked at Scarlett, her eyes specifically as he shrugged. He took a long puff then continued walking calmly. "Samantha. That was her name." He spoke quietly. "I met your sister. For a few." He sighed another puff of smoke coming from the cigarette. "They were good people though. When I saw them. They kept her safe." He looked around, the sweat gently pooling up on the beret liner, as it fell slowly. "Fuck. Pute Sol." John said annoyed before looking at the other two. "It was a surprise that I was selected for this. Would have never guessed. I mean, I'm better at what I originally do.. But whatever the case, I like the outside better than this shit." He said in a lower voice, pinching the cigarette to remove it from his mouth as he sighed once more. "This place. I was.. I was here! Heh.. I was here.. Was hurt so badly, but somebody in a suit saved my skinny little ass..." He looked at the others before laughing "No bite. Knee hit." He turned around again before taking out the M9. "The place is dangerous. Too dark to see, to silent for Walkers though. Letting you know." John said to Scarlett before prepping the pistol. "Shall we go?"​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Lia - On the road - Joe

Upon hearing Joe's first statement Lia simply gripped onto the steering wheel a bit harder and said nothing. She partly agreed with him, but she didn't like the idea of living until she died. If she lived frivolously, trusting whoever she wanted, enjoying herself enough to let her guard down, and letting others get close to her, Lia only had a feeling it would lead to her death sooner. The young survivor rather would've lived a long life of caution than a short life of happiness.

As she continued to drive along, following Joe's instructions, Lia was surprised when he asked her some questions about her life. At first, she said nothing. What business was it of his? But, after a minute of thinking about it, Lia decided it wasn't going to hurt anything if she told him. After all, her past was over and done with. "Just a family, a mom, dad, younger brother and sister. We were... sort of close. I didn't have a boyfriend. Outside of my family, I didn't care for making friends too much." She shrugged. "I've always liked animals more than people. Spent most of my time working at the animal shelter in my town. I was hoping to become a... dog trainer before everything went down."

Joe - On the road - Lia

"Okay, make a right up her"

Joe would digesting what Lia said. She really was a hard ass. But maybe he was getting somewhere.

"I've always soft spots for dogs too. I had a bunch of dogs growing up.See, I lived on a farm most of my life, so much room for them. I am one of 6 kids. Four girls, two boys. My dad always wanted a big family. Anyway, My mother is from, was from Paris, France. So moving to the middle of nowhere was rough . But I know she learned to love it. They meet while my father was serving over seas."

Joe stopped, looking at the window.

"You didn't have to, you know? Put any of your family down, right?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
Lia - On the road - Joe
Talking to Joe felt... strange to Lia. She quieted after telling hime she had hoped to become a dog trainer, mainly focusing on the road before her. With no road crews to keep things cleaned up anymore, she was just waiting for the moment when she would run into something dangerous like a fallen tree or something similar. Despite her caution, however, for a moment she actually began to divide her attention between the road and what Joe began to explain to her.

"So, you're a farm boy then, huh? What made you decide to go into sports if you were raised on a farm?" she asked, tapping a finger lightly on the steering wheel she gripped. Upon hearing his own question, Lia shook her head. "I was away at college when it started, so I honestly haven't seen my family since. I haven't even tried to go back home." Lia shuddered to think of what she would find, so heading back home wasn't something she truthfully intended to do.

Enrique-The Road-Hank, Aubrey, Abram ETC
The moment after the gunshot was very confusing, a few gasps and very many looks of shock. Enrique had not expected this and when Hank raised his pistol he was tempted to do the same. But Jon was dead, and he was now nothing but a corpse. Hank dragged the body away and told Enrique to drive, he was more than happy to get some orders. He walked over to the drivers side of the van and shot a few looks to people, 'dont bother mentioning it', seemed to be what he was saying. Jon was already dead and there wasnt shit they could do for him now, he made his mistake by not popping Hank the second he had that rifle up.

"Lets go," Enrique said, "Hank's right the biters are gonna be coming after that shot."

He rolled down the window and hung his arm outside of it waiting for other people to get in the van so he could begin driving the direction of the car. Hopefully there were some people, maybe some friendly, maybe some hostile.

Cutter-The Apartments-Greg, Emma, Fan, Asya, Rick
Cutter gave a few nods to Greg during the conversation. He liked the idea of putting up some walls, keeping this place safe. The new people too. Even Greg and his mother. A change in Greg's tone brought Cutter's eyes to meet his. This tone sounded with more power and Cutter gave a skeptical look to the man. Greg told Cutter that if he wouldnt let him hurt Fan again, Cutter was tempted to back Greg down but decided it was not worth the possible fight. So he settled for a simple verbal warning.

"Dont worry about it lover boy, Fan'll be safe." Cutter said calmly, "But if you think threatening me is ever gonna get you somewhere good then you oughta think twice. You ask Fan why not to fuck with me next time you feel like getting the balls to threaten me."

With that Cutter patted Greg on the shoulder. The pair walked back inside and Cutter noticed a pretty girl in the kitchen peeling potatoes. She was new. She clearly didnt know Cutter, so he only made a brief nod and grunt in her direction. He climbed the stairs to the apartment that had been his before he left. When he walked up he heard the shower running and groaned.

He popped his head in and spotted the girls reflection in the mirror, he dropped back behind the door and closed it. He walked downstairs to the kitchen and began flirting with the new girl. He found out her name and that she was dating someone here. He got a little annoyed at that. Then he saw the girl come down, she grabbed a knife and tucked it in her sheathe.

"That room you're occupying is mine by the way," Cutter said leaning against the wall near Asya.​

Emma - Apartment - Cutter, Rick, Asya, ETC.

As Emma walked through the hallway, she looked briefly at the door she'd seen the other girl come from this morning. She took her gaze from it and walked down the hallway.

Upon finding Cutter and the girl name Asya on the roof, she scoffed as she heard him flirting. The girl walked to the edge of the roof and looked over, examining the streets below. She saw no walkers. She'd noticed it this morning: This place was completely devoid of walkers. While it was slightly comforting on one part, it was also highly unnerving.

How was this place completely clear?

She shoved the thought from her head as Cutter mention her occupation of his room. "Knock next time you peep." She muttered, taking a seat in a chair across the roof.

@HellHoundWoof @Josh M

Joe -on the road -Lia

"Why did I want to play Baseball? I loved watching it when I was a kid, I just knew that's what I wanted to do with my life."

The Native American would adjust his seat back farther, relaxing a bit.

"Now, that did cause issues. My Dad was never keen on the idea. Being a Native American, traditions are important to us, or should be. I never really cared about being an Apache. I spent my whole life have to hear how the Apache's were "The forerunners of special forces unit" and how their Tactics "inspired" the armed forces "till this day." So, yeah, I learned how to shoot a bow and arrow by six and he taught me how to use a knife, but Baseball was important to me, not my heritage, which was for my dad. Part of me always felt like he had resentment towards me for that, not that I blame him."

Joe's body would tense up, before he continued.

"Good, I'm glad you didn't have to do that, you're lucky."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

dTuMbHo.jpg

Riley-Morgantown Outskirts-Nathan, Mel.

"..So, uh. I guess we'll just be going. Don't want to waste too much time after all." Riley murmured as he glanced back from Mel and Nathan. The latter of whom said he could apparently lead them to Joe. But it felt like they hadn't done much except stand around aimlessly. Riley was even close to thinking he'd seen a speck of dust on his clothes.

Was probably just his imagination however. Seriously though, he was getting tired of just standing around. If they were serious about going on a hunt for Joe and leaving Morgantown behind then that's what they were gonna do.

@C.T. @Akashi

Status
Not open for further replies.