The Walking Dead - Among the Ruined [March to Death]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dTuMbHo.jpg

Riley-Morgantown Outskirts-Nathan, Mel.

"..So, uh. I guess we'll just be going. Don't want to waste too much time after all." Riley murmured as he glanced back from Mel and Nathan. The latter of whom said he could apparently lead them to Joe. But it felt like they hadn't done much except stand around aimlessly. Riley was even close to thinking he'd seen a speck of dust on his clothes.

Was probably just his imagination however. Seriously though, he was getting tired of just standing around. If they were serious about going on a hunt for Joe and leaving Morgantown behind then that's what they were gonna do.

@C.T. @Akashi

"Fine then. Let's get going already. No offense, you may not be as cool with Claiborne as I figured you were..." Her eyes shot over to Nathan, piercing into his own. "But I still don't want to be in your presence when it's not absolutely required. So let's go. The sooner we start, the sooner we're done with this." She remarked, turning away with a scowl.

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Akashi

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: SheriffLlama
[btn=mode]Nathan - Morgantown Outskirts - Road - Melanie, Riley[/btn]
"None taken.." Nathan responded, before he turned in the direction of the community. It was time to see where Joe could be. "Lets move towards the road by the community.." Turning slightly to the side, he glanced at both Riley and Melanie. "We should stay away from the main road.. Not to draw any unwanted attention, and to stay clear from our own scouts. Wouldn't want anyone to report anything to Claiborne."

Taking a small pause, Nathan approached the tree he was by earlier, picking up his own rifle, he spoke up. "Alright, follow me.. Hopefully we can find where they drove off towards after the little.. Event.." Referring to the one sided shootout as he assumed still, he started to walk through the woods. Several minutes passed until they could see the road, and they had already walked around the community and past it.

His hazel eyes squinted. A thought ran through his curious mind. "Hmm.. Lets follow this road.. Pretty sure they drove in this direction.. As far as I know.." Looking again at Riley and Melanie, this was where they came in. Using their tracking skill to see if anything was off. Anything to help find Joe.

@C.T. @TheSpringwoodSlasher

• Bucket of Rainbows
[btn=mode]Nathan - Morgantown Outskirts - Road - Melanie, Riley[/btn]
"None taken.." Nathan responded, before he turned in the direction of the community. It was time to see where Joe could be. "Lets move towards the road by the community.." Turning slightly to the side, he glanced at both Riley and Melanie. "We should stay away from the main road.. Not to draw any unwanted attention, and to stay clear from our own scouts. Wouldn't want anyone to report anything to Claiborne."

Taking a small pause, Nathan approached the tree he was by earlier, picking up his own rifle, he spoke up. "Alright, follow me.. Hopefully we can find where they drove off towards after the little.. Event.." Referring to the one sided shootout as he assumed still, he started to walk through the woods. Several minutes passed until they could see the road, and they had already walked around the community and past it.

His hazel eyes squinted. A thought ran through his curious mind. "Hmm.. Lets follow this road.. Pretty sure they drove in this direction.. As far as I know.." Looking again at Riley and Melanie, this was where they came in. Using their tracking skill to see if anything was off. Anything to help find Joe.

Riley-Morgantown Outskirts-Road-Nathan/Mel

Keeping in step behind Nathan, Riley couldn't help but feel a small jolt of enthusiasm coursing through him. Sure, leaving the community and by extension that Joselina chick behind was kind of a bummer. More so after he'd seen what that woman could do against the shamblers, ugh. Felt like such a waste go on a rescue mission and not bring her along.

But then again someone who roared as much as she did didn't seem like she'd know the word subtle if you smashed her upside the head with it. So, maybe it was for the best that she didn't come on what would likely be a super delicate rescue mission.

"..Well, I just hope 'as far as you know' holds some weight. Otherwise, we'll be doing a whole lot of walking but seeing nothing but a lot of bullshit." Riley murmured as he continued walking.

@C.T. @Akashi

• Bucket of Rainbows
Riley-Morgantown Outskirts-Road-Nathan/Mel

Keeping in step behind Nathan, Riley couldn't help but feel a small jolt of enthusiasm coursing through him. Sure, leaving the community and by extension that Joselina chick behind was kind of a bummer. More so after he'd seen what that woman could do against the shamblers, ugh. Felt like such a waste go on a rescue mission and not bring her along.

But then again someone who roared as much as she did didn't seem like she'd know the word subtle if you smashed her upside the head with it. So, maybe it was for the best that she didn't come on what would likely be a super delicate rescue mission.

"..Well, I just hope 'as far as you know' holds some weight. Otherwise, we'll be doing a whole lot of walking but seeing nothing but a lot of bullshit." Riley murmured as he continued walking.

@C.T. @Akashi
Mel - Morgantown Outskirts/Road - Riley/Nathan

"You're not even sure? Well that's just great. Really fucking fantastic. Still, if we don't find him we can make a purpose out of this walk. Get supplies maybe. You're the scout Riley, surely ya can spot some if we stumble on 'em. Hopefully steer clear of any walkers too. And don't mind bullshit. Ya get to see a lot of that nowadays."

@TheSpringwoodSlasher @Akashi

• Bucket of Rainbows
[btn=mode]Nathan - Morgantown Wherever - Melanie, Riley[/btn]
A disappointed sigh escaped his lips, glancing at Melanie and her indirect remark. There was no need to stoop down to her level. Looking back in the general direction of the road, he spoke up. "This is the only road they could have taken. Besides, if I knew exactly where they were, I would not have asked you for your help. You dont like me, and I get it. I dont really care, not anymore, but right now we both have a common goal. We have an axe to grind with Claiborne, and the only way to do that is to find Joe."

"Do you have a problem with that? If so, I am perfectly fine with continuing on my own." His eyes fell shortly on Riley, knowing quite well he'd follow Melanie even if she decided to fall down a cliff.

"Or, you can help out and see if there is anything here that might help us or clue us in on where they may have gone. There are some huts here deeper in the woods as well." He nodded towards south.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Cutter-Rooftop-Asya and Emma
Cutter watched Emma peek over the side, a random thought popped in his head on whether or not she'd fall. She walked over and responded to Cutter's comment about his room with something rather snippy. He simply grumbled something about her being an angsty tween and resumed his flirting with Asya. In the short amount of time they'd talked Cutter could tell she was on edge about something, she had mentioned her boyfriend earlier in the conversation but Cutter was not deterred. People died in this new world, shit happened and new bonds were formed.

"So how long y'all two been with Fan?" Cutter said asking the pair expecting two responses. They had to have come in less than the two weeks he was gone but it couldnt have been too soon considering they were already chumming it up with Greg and Fan.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Scarlett - Natchez- John/Phillip/ Carlos

"I know what my own sister's name was." Scarlett snapped at John, wanting nothing at the moment than to shoot him in his good leg. She didn't want to hear the name or say the name, yet the man was persistent in bringing it up.

"I know the people that she was with. Only one of them was a good person. The others would follow Hank blindly off a cliff. He'd kill anyone and anything that posed even the most minor of threat."

The woman continued to listen to the french man speak. Even if she preferred to travel in silence, she didn't make him stop talking. Her eyes followed his gestures to where he was at when his knee was injured, brows furrowing in confusion as to what exactly he was talking about. "If it's dangerous, then we should continue. The Walmart shouldn't be far from here, I believe."

------------------------------------------------------

It was a couple blocks down, maybe two or so miles away from the community. Scarlett was terrible at telling distance but it didn't matter. They now stood behind a building that was next to the Walmart parking lot. There were not that many walkers, even if there had just been hundreds of them the night before.

"If they stayed here in the night, there shouldn't be any walkers inside. You guys should still be careful." With that, Scarlett unsheathed her machete and waited for the others to pull out their weapons. "We'll check the entire Walmart. They could've left the women and kids behind. I'll take the left side of the building with Carlos. John, you go with Phillip."

Aubrey - On the Road - Hank/Abram/Enrique/Others

The sound of the gunshot rang loud and clear in Aubrey's ears as she stared, her eyes wide in disbelief, at what Hank had just done. When she finally snapped out of her few seconds of shock, she thanked whatever god there was that the bullets hand't missed or gone right through Jon. If they would of, she'd of been dead on the spot, being right behind Jon.

The teenager had little to say. She had even forgotten that she was still covered in blood from the dead. She simply followed directions for the time being, placing her arrow back in the quiver and getting herself into the vehicle. She would need to leave sooner than she expected, or else she'd face the same consequences that Jon did.

Alannah - Morgantown

After having been put out of her own clinic and spent some time with Tyler, explaining to him what he needed to do while having the leg brace, Anna had found her self spending the rest of the late morning, early afternoon, in the room where the kids were. How long she had been there for she didn't exactly know. It made her happy to see all the children playing in the safety of the building, and it made her calm thinking that she would have the safety of the building as well when her own came along. If it came along. The chances of a child being born in full health, or even her surviving were very slim.

After the hours went by and she hadn't heard back from Nathan, or even seen him in the halls, worried Anna. She finally said her goodbyes to the children and to Tyler, whom she had let in so he could spend time with Katie, and left the room.

She hardly wandered the halls of the building, since she was always in some type of hurry, so it was strange to actually pay attention to the eerie silence. The only sounds being heard were the laughs of the children that would echo down the hall whenever the door would be opened. Even the elderly lady that was usually outside her room door was no where to be seen.

Without thinking, Anna ended up in front of the door that she was told not to go to. Claiborne's office. She hesitated for a moment, but who else would know where Nathan was?

Taking a deep breath, she quietly knocked on the door and waited for him to let her go inside. If he was even in his room.

Rose Turner - Sleep Inn Hotel

"Stop moving so much. If we don't have our hair up, we can't go in the kitchen. Remember last time you found a hair in that soup?" Rose had been going back and forth with her daughter for the past thirty minutes, it seemed, trying to get her hair up in a bun. They had been called down to help serve some type of soup and the only rule was that women keep their hair up. Belle had made a grossed out noise and Rose laughed as she finished pinning the girl's hair. It was then that a loud knocking came from their room door, followed by someone saying that the scavenging party had returned. Rose's face paled as the thought of someone already hurt popped up.

"Belle, go to your brother's room and stay there with him."

"But mooooooom, I wanna go see dad....." Rose turned around, while braiding her own hair, and gave Isabelle 'the look', quickly making the girl change her mind and turn around to go into the other room. Rose smiled a bit, being grateful that she was the more strict of the two parents. Alvey usually gave in to anything Isabelle wanted, only because the little girl learned the 'pouty' look from her mom.

Once her hair had been braided, Rose walked out of the room and made her way quickly down the hallways and down the stairs, in time to see the group of people in the main lobby. Her look of worry was replaced with a smile when her eyes found Alvey's and she looked at him up and down to make sure he was okay.

"Did you guys forget anything?" She asked, reaching out and hugging her husband tightly. Since he would be gone for several hours, having him back was a bonus. "Are there a lot of them out there?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
John - Scarlett - Natchez

"The other men were trying to keep your sister safe.." John spoke with a sting, trying to tell her truth.. While obscuring his own truth. "Yes, the other man would've killed me but if it wasn't for Hank trying to keep in mind the well-being and safety of others, I may not be here." He sighs through his nose, tight lips closing any other argument. He then took another puff from the cigarette, the objective of silence finally achieved as he walked the rest of the way without a word.

Upon reaching the back, John took a final, long puff of the fully burnt cigarette before throwing it away. He took out the Beretta from its holster, the dagger out as well as he looked at Scarlett. "When I entered there, it wasn't many. At least, when I went to the bistro. Light's aren't on inside. Keep safe." He turned his head to Phillip before nodding to the entrance. "Toi. Phillip. Allons-y." He patted the back of Scarlet as a sign to start the search.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma - Apartments

As she descended from the roof to the apartments, Emma found Fan speaking with someone who's name Emma didn't care to remember. After a brief exchange with the woman, she found that the group kept a small cache of ammunition and weapons in the basement of the building. She wound her way to the bottom floor and descended the stairs of the basement.

She reached the door to the basement, pulling the door open. She stepped inside the cold room, the soles of her boots thudding echoes in the large room. She swept her gaze around the room. In it were a few pistols, several assault rifles, and a big gun that reminded her of Abram's scary military sniper rifle.

On a table in the back of the room, several boxes of ammunition were lined up beside each other. Emma walked to the table and spotted a box of nine-millimeter rounds. She reached back and pulled her gun from under her shirt, removing the magazine. She took thirteen rounds from the box and inserted them into the clip. Taking the newly loaded gun, she inserted it into the back of her waistband, slightly comforted by the weight of the ammo in the weapon. With that, she left the basement and went back to join the others.

Reactions: Josh M
Joe -On the road - Lia

"The fuck? What... Uggh."

Everything came back to Joe. He had awaken in the with Lia and Renegade. Thing weren't good. The group gone off corse, got lost. As the two argued, A deer popped out in front of their car. Lia swerved off road, and into a wooden area. It tumbled down and into a tree. Joe looked around. Lia was bleeding, as a shrapnel cover left arm. However, it seemed her Arm was also implanted wiith a stick. She might had have some head injury, since was out cold.

As the girl laid in her driver's seat, Joe was no better. He was already in rough shape, now he was bleeding from the head. That didn't matter to him. Lia, his only friend, was hurt. As Renegade, barked a storm, slamming himself into the door to get out, Joe realized shamblers had started to swarm them. It was the end it seemed for of them, as Joe was Trying his best to get his door open,
to no luck, and the windshield, while broken, was pinned against a tree.

"Lia! I'm sorry. Fuck. I don't know how much time we have, or if you're awake. but I'm sorry."
I fucked your life up. You're going to die here because of me. I just....."

As a shambler came to his side of the crushed car, Joe would close his eyes, waiting for it to start banging on his window.

But it never did.

Joe opened his eyes, clearing he blood off his face, Joe would see a man, dressed all in what seemed to be thick, brown leather, fighting the shamblers off with two weird looking swords. The top seemed like a hook, the "pommel" area was a sharp point, and even had a another edge coming from the griped area. As the group of the dead circled the man, he easily swatted them down. All his movements came out fluid,
One swing lead to another, a bisection of one, lead to a beheading of another. Soon, all the dead were, well, "dead" dead. The man placed his weird looking swords on his back, moving his way to Joe. Joe would notice something about the man.

A smile. A man knowing who he was, doing right. Helping other. The man opened Joe's Door, followed by letting out Renegaded the dog. Joe Would rush to Lia's side, Pulling her out, and would cradle her. As the man petted the dog, he'd call out to Joe

"She's alive, right?"

"I don't know? I mean, She is, tell me you're a doctor. Or A least know someone. She's hurt bad."

Motioning Joe to follow. the two men, and the dog, would move towards the road. Th4e man would kick the dirt, obviously worried.

" Look, I won't lie, I know of a group with a doctor, just not personally. Their leader, she's a doctor. I've been watching for a few days. I from another group, we're looking for trading partners, allies. These people seem trustworthy. Look, it's a straight shot. They're good people. I'll meet you there, I just need to get my horse."

As Joe nodded, The man would look through is satchel, pulling out a Scroll. As Joe held it, he noticed it was sealed with wax.

"You give this to their leader. Before I go, what's your name?"

"Joe. Yours?"

The man slightly paused. After the man spoke, the two would split, not before Joe found out the man's name/

"Just call me Thom."

Fan - Rick's room - Rick

"So my choices are few and far between, huh? I can keep taking these pills, and try to survive and not weaken us, or I agree to be put down."

As Fan stood in front of him, she turned away slightly. Turning back, Fan rebutted the young man

"You wouldn't be slowing us down, Rick. Look, I'm not going to sugar coat it. The pills have side effects. I just want you to make your own choice.

Rick's face turned a bright red, he turned away, moving towards his window.

"I'm not a monster."

"I know."

"I didn't mean to hit Asya, I love her. That guy, he's no-"

"He's not you. I know. You're just sick. If the world wasn't shit, we wouldn't be having this talk."

The young man nodded.

"I love her, Asya, I love her more than anything. I just don't want to live with him inside me."

Fan nodded.

"Just quick stab in my head? It'll be over?'

Fan again nodded.

"And you'll protect her?"

The doctor nodded once again.

"Alright, if Asya asks, I did this for her. Cuz I love her. We clear?"

"Crystal, Rick."

Fan - Gates- everyone

Walking out of Rick's room, Fan had cleared the blood of her hands in the sink. Greg and Asya would running the stairs towards her. Both seemed concerned. Greg would look at girlfriend, point towards the doorway.

"Fan! We have a dude bang at the gate. He's some gal, and has a dog with him. He said be shouting for the doctor. "

Asya would add.

"He knows about us, Fanny. Him and his friend do look like they need help."

Fan would walk to where she left her staff at the door way.

"Asya, prep rooms one and five on the second floor. Greg, go to our room, grab my Med kit."

Asya would nod, however Greg would turn to his love, pulling her aside.

"Fan! You know I love ya, and trust ya, but you sure? How did they find out about us? This could be a trap. We just can't trust them."

"I know Greg, we're just playing this by year. However, I took an oath. Helping people is my job."

Fan would walk to the gates, staff and Ak-47 on her side. The Tall man with the girl and the dog would settle down.

"You're the Doctor, right?"

Calmly opening the gates, after padding them down, Fan welcomed them in. She knew she had to ask how the man knew about her and the group, but she felt it was a better idea to treat them.

"What are your names?"

"I'm Joe, The girl's name is Lia. We got into a car wreck. She took the brunt of it, you see? "

"Oh, I see. She as a small branch in her shoulder. Hard to miss. Okay Joe, to the Second floor but her in room one, then you go to room five."

"I'm no-"

Fan looked narrowly at the man.

"Room five. We clear, Joe?"

Joe looked at the woman, before moving his way inside the apartment.

@Atomyk @C.T.

Last edited:
Cutter-Apartments-Fan, Joe, Greg, Lia, Asya, Emma

Cutter had taken a moment from flirting with Asya to go look over the edge of the roof, in the distance he spotted movement. He looked out over the rooftop and leaned a bit, it looked like a white horse. A fucking horse. Cutter took a moment to squint before it was clear it really was a horse.

"There's a god damn horse outside the walls," Cutter said in awe, "Y'all come look at this..."

It was at this moment Cutter realized there were riders on top of it. And those figures meant people. Cutter reached behind his beltline and grabbed his pistol from under his leather. He looked back as Asya was running down to go see these people or tell Fan. Cutter was ready to kill these people. He didnt know there intentions, so naturally he double timed it down the stairs and got to the walls. But by the time he had gotten down there the man was banging at the gates, that'd draw biters if there were any nearby. Cutter watched as Fan walked out carrying her stick and an AK. When the gate was opened Cutter pulled back the hammer on his pistol and aimed it lazily at the man, the girl seemed very injured. Almost incapable of doing any damage, at least with a branch in her shoulder. But still it couldnt hurt to be careful.

"Careful..." Cutter muttered as Fan patted them down. Fan ordered the man to put the girl in room two and then for him to go to room five. Cutter knew what his job would be and that would be babysitting the other man. The guy was an inch taller than Cutter and that made him just a bit angry, the guy also looked to be upwards of Cutters weight by roughly thirty pounds. Cutter could take this guy, but it was still nice to have his gun aimed at him. After the man dropped the woman off in room one Cutter guided the man to room five and had him sit on the bed. Cutter opened the door enough so that people could hear if shit went south, and set his chair on the side of the wall opposite the doors swing. Cutter rested the pistol on his knee and aimed it at the man calmly, just to let the man know the situation.

"How did you know she was a doctor?" Cutter said calmly. He leaned forward a bit. His tone was menacing but not enough so to convey obvious murderous intent. He looked at the man dead in the eyes. It made Cutter unhappy to have someone that presented a decent physical challenge, and that knew of his friends pre-outbreak profession. It didnt seem right that this very random man would know anything about them. If he knew about Fan maybe he had been scouting them, or someone in here was working with whoever this guy was with. The possibilities flooded Cutter's mind and slowly his grip on his pistol seemed less lazily and more precisely aimed.​

Joe- room 5 , Floor 2 -Cutter.

As Cutter asked Joe about how he found out Fan was a doctor, Joe surprisly, stood up, and moved towards the window. He would turn to Cutter, reaching into his back pocket, he tossed him the scold Thom, the mystery man gave hi.

" The guy outside the horse, you saw him? He found Lia and me after our car wreaked. I was waiting to die, our car was swarmed by shamblers. But he showed up.

Joe would freeze, looking for the right words.

This guy, this motherfucker, he took them all out himself, with just his two weird swords. This was a small group either, had to be nearly twenty, give or take. After that, he pulled me out of the car. Told me he knew of your group. He was some sort of trader, I think. He said to me that he was watching your group to see if you could be trusted. Why? Like I said, trading, I guess.

Joe would limp back to the bed, plopping on it as he kept talking to Cutter.

"As you can tell, I don't have many cards to play. However, we both know how this game is played. You don't trust me, and it's my job to get you to trust me. So The Only Card I Can play is the truth. That's all know about this guy. You want to learn more? Read that scroll he gave me to give to your group. Or talk to him yourself."

@HellHoundWoof

Thom - Apartments gate- Everyone.

This could have gone better.

As Thom tied his horse, a one year old named Cassius, down, The knight felt the weight of his world his shoulders. Ad he heard Greg huge feet coming his way, he dropped his twin hook swords, and his colt .45 the the group. Slowly, his hands shot up and his whole body turned to face the man.

Greg would begin to pat the man down. Feeling something, he'd pull it out. To his surprise, it wasn't something he was expecting.

"An I-phone? And it's charged?"

Thom nodded.

"Yeah. I keep my music on it. I travel a lot, and I even keep extra bat-"

"Dude, I don't care."

Greg would put the i-phone in his pocket, before speaking again. His eyes narrowed as the words came out.

" So how did you find us? That guy says you knew Fan was a doctor?"

Thom would pause. Joe didn't give them the scroll, it seen Time to tell the truth. Suddenly, his body language changed. He was now in character.

" Let me introduce myself. I am Sir Thomas, knight commander of the Kingdom of Alexandria. I've been watching this group for a bit to see if you can be trusted. I've come here to parlay, as well to offer a partnership."

@C.T. @Atomyk @Damo028 @SheriffLlama

Last edited:
Cutter-Room #5-Joe

Cutter took the scroll in one hand and kept his gun carefully aimed at Joe's chest. Cutter only needed to hit him once for it to stop the man. With the scroll on his lap cutter reached for the sheathe on his belt, he unclasped it and drew his blade. He easily worked it under the seal and peeled it off. He rolled it open under his one hand and held it to his face, in a way that he could see Joe still. He read it and saw handwriting, in ink. It appeared to be some kind of request for trade.

"The fuck is this written in?" Cutter said overlooking the text, it looked like medieval and some words were too big for him. He grumbled and tucked his knife back in it's sheathe before shouting down the hall.

"Yo red!" Cutter shouted referring to Emma, "C'mere and take this to Fan! I gotta watch this asshole in here!"

Cutter looked back to Joe and smiled intentionally awkardly.

"Not saying your a bad dude, but till I get some idea of who you are I gotta assume you're an ass hole. Sorry."

Emma - Apartments - Cutter, Fan, Others.

Emma had seen a lot of things in the past year. A guy in armor, riding on a horse wasn't one of them. No, this was new. As Cutter raced down the stairs, Emma bounded after him, jumping the last couple steps to keep up with his longer strides. She followed the man out the door, just as the gates opened. The guy behind the rider slid down, bringing down an unconscious girl.

Without a moment of hesitation, Fan had the girl taken to anther apartment to be cared for. Cutter escorted the guy, who was apparently named Joe, into the apartments. Emma watched as the two went up the stairs, and she followed them to the second floor, and to her disappointment, cutter wheeled the man into her apartment. "Wait- Cutter, that's-" She tried, but they went in, anyway.

She sighed, sitting against the wall and sliding to the floor. She messed with her backpack strap as she listened to the conversation inside. She gathered that the guy probably wasn't a threat, since he seemed desperate to help the wounded girl.

"Yo red!" Cutter shouted referring to Emma, "C'mere and take this to Fan! I gotta watch this asshole in here!"

At hearing Cutter's beckon, she stood, walked into the apartment and found them in the bedroom. Cutter handed her a rolled up scroll, and she turned to walk out. Just as she reached Fan and handed her the scroll, she looked towards the window of the apartment. She looked out and saw the horse rider went into some crap about being a knight and an ambassador. Emma had a sneaking suspicion, despite her admitted cynicism, this guy was insane... or at least crazy enough to be dangerous.

@HellHoundWoof @Josh M @Atomyk

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Joe - Room #5 - Cutter

Joe knew what Cutter was trying to say. The burly looking man seemed awkward as he explained what he meant, but Joe knew. And nodded

"I get it, man. Everyone's a crazy asshole till proven otherwise. "

The former baseball player would lay back in the bed.

" Since i have a feeling you'll be watching me for awhile, I'll tell you my name is Joe. You're Name Is Cutter, right? How did you get that name?

Fan - Room #1 - Emma

Emma walked In as Fan and Asya fished working on the girl. The branch was now removed from the girl, and Fan was washing her hands. Asya was sowing the girls wound shut, so her job wasn't over yet. Fan walked over to Emma, taking the scroll, she motion Emma to follow her as she read and walked down the stairs, and outside. Fan stopped suddenly when her eyes hit a certain part of the scroll. Soon t u ever two girls were off again. Greg seemed to be helping the man unpack his horse. Fan would question Greg the closer she got.

"Is that the food and supplies the scroll mentions?"

Greg looked confused, but Thom on the other hand, nodded. Thom would respond with much theatrics.

"Yes. Bread, the vegetables, the spices, everything are in those boxes. And we have formally met yet, my lady. I am Sir Thom, knigh-

"Shut up. I know who you are. I read the scroll. Cut the "knight" shit.

The knight's body language changed, he's posture moved to a more natural state

"Okay. Don't have to tell me twice."

Fan would motion to Emma that the girl should follow. Going to the, she would pick up the man's private bag. Handing it to Emma, she would point the third building on the left side. She had a mission for the girl

"Emma, take the man to the roof of that building. We have chairs and such up there. Watch him, talk to him. Gain is trust. He says he's a knight for some community. Normally I would never agree talk to a loon like this, but they say could help us establish ourselves. Look, they have bread. I've haven't seen fresh bread in months. Go into his bag. Confront him if something he has bothers you, I would talk to alone first, but....... "

Fan would stop. The leader seemed stressed, which was very unlike her.

"Greg and I have to dig a hole. It's not because two new people. Between You and I, Rick, Asya's boyfriend, he's dead. Assisted suicide. she doesn't know yet, and I just to have things ready before I tell her. You're new here, I normally wouldn't ask for this. But you seem like you can handle it, am I right?"

@HellHoundWoof @Atomyk @Rithas @SheriffLlama

• Thank You
Reactions: Atomyk
Emma / Thom - Apartments - ((Collab between Josh and I, to avoid a bunch of small posts))

Emma followed fan down and out of the apartments. She stopped as the woman consulted Greg, then snapped at the new guy. When Fan turned to her and delivered her task to her, she couldn't help her jaw from dropping just a slight bit. There were plenty of people - adults - that could do this much better than she could. Adam could've related to the dude's swords, but apparently it had to be the fifteen-year-old of all people. "But.... I..."

Despite her attempt to protest, Fan explained why she needed to do it, then handed her Thom's bag. Emma looked at the bag as the woman and Greg walked away. She shrugged the bag over her shoulders, looking at the "knight" with a slightly helpless expression. What was she supposed to do with him? She slightly groaned under her breath in frustration

When they reached the roof Fan had spoken off, Emma motioned to a seat for Thom, then turned a chair around and set the bag down so that she could still watch him. She pulled her gun out, searching the bag with her free hand. She removed a bottle of water, and then a few books, the titles of which she silently read.The Hunger Games... She put it back. The Art of War...she put the second book back. She glanced strangely at the last title. Fifty Shades of- She put the book back in the bag with a silent shake of her head. In her silent manner she sighed, sat down, looked at his iPhone, scrolling through his music.

She breathed, then looked up at the guy. She had no idea what she was supposed to say. She shrugged, then said, "Cool Swords...."

"Umm, thanks."

Thom laid back in the chair. As teen pointed the gun at him, and looked at the man's thing, Thom stayed calm.

"So, umm, just so you know, that copy of fifty shades of gray? That isn't mine. I was told to pick up a copy if I found one."

This conversation was awkward. Maybe it was time to cut the shit.

"You think i'm crazy, right? I mean, what did your leader tell you?" He asked.

The girl shrugged as the man spoke. She looked down at the iPhone, then set it back in the bag. When he asked what she thought of him, she gave him a slightly quizzical look. "Horse... Swords... Scrolls... kinda weird, sorry."

A moment of silence passed, then she said, "She's not my leader... the doctor. I just met her last night... I know her just as little as I do you."

"She's not your leader, yet she trusts you? You got on her good side or what? Anyway, It's cool if you think we're crazy, by the way.I get why it's weird."

That admission was pretty easy for him. Thom would continue.

"We just made it a kingdom because it's easier. We set our group like it's a renaissance fair. Everyone has their roles. People are willing to play, surprisingly. Maybe it's an escape from the world, maybe it's easier for some people to play a role. People are willing to forget about guns and the such when they're happy, and they know they're safe. We have our system, and has worked wonders."

After Thom finished, Emma could hear static coming from Thom's walkie. She stiffened at the sound, looking down at the bag. She reached in and pulled the radio out. She tossed it to him and gave him a slight nod to give him the OK to speak into the radio. Emma felt a slight tension in her body as she looked at the man. Who was on the other side of the radio? She knew it was more people, and Emma wasn't really a "people person." She preferred to be alone most days than in company of others.

She waited as Thom put his lips to the walkie and spoke.

Cutter-Room #5-Joe
Cutter smirked, it'd been a while since he heard the question. Most people didnt care to ask in the times they lived in but Joe and Cutter had time to kill so Cuter was more than happy to tell his story.

"When I was a kid I joined an MC, got patched early on, and this one old guy took a liking to me. His name was Soldier, he got that name by doing anything the gang told him to and remained deathly loyal. I shot three men the first day I met him, and from that day fourth he trained me to be like him. One day when I was with Soldier we were following our Sargent of Arms to a garage, this garage had a big basement with a nice set up for information gathering. This guy was in there, older Mexican dude, I was only twenty something at the time. Soldier and the Sarge left the room. As Soldiers passed by he handed me this knife and told me to find out the guys name."

Cutter unsheathed his knife again and spun it in his free hand, twirling it around his thumb and forefinger. He then used the momentum and twisted his hand. The blade rested on the top of his now flat hand, Cutter bent back his fingers then made a fist and the knife jumped a bit. With a flick of Cutter's wrist he was holding the knife by the handle, he turned it in his hand and pointed it at Joe.

"So I asked him what his name was and he spit at me," Cutter said with a smirk staring at Joe, "The instant his spit his the ground I grabbed his ear and cut it off. I held it in front of him and told him if he wasnt gonna use them then he wouldnt need them, then I went for the other and he screamed for me to stop. He told me his name. Soldier came in and asked the man who he worked for."

At this point Cutter was looking past Joe, his eyes were watching his younger self. The memory fresh in his mind, this was one of his fonder memories of Soldier. The man had taught him an important lesson. Cutter focused up and cleared his throat before gesturing to the knife.

"Soldier always told me to keep my knife sharp, and he kept his very sharp. So what I did next was like cutting butter with a blow torch. I began scalping the bastard, but everytime he'd start to pass out Soldier'd slap him real hard. Kept him awake to feel the pain, about two thirds of the way through the man started saying he'd tell us everything. What I did next just seemed natural, Soldier seemed proud of me for it too. I finished my job then told the man to tell me everything I asked or I'd get to work on his pecker."

Cutter sheathed his knife then calmly looked at Joe, no real expression on his face.

"I learned that if you want something you hit first. That's the fastest way to do it. But to clarify I got the name Cutter because I'm damn good at cutting people up."​

Myriah - Outside Room #5 - Joe/Cutter

To say that things had been strained lately was too much of an understatement. Myriah knew her actions would lead to some fallout with both Elliot and Rudy, but the cold shoulders the pair had simultaneously been giving her since her admission was too close to heart breaking. She'd been unable to talk to Emma much either, Myriah having felt things would be a bit awkward considering the girl had only known her under a fake name. She'd been reclusive ever since, not feeling particularly close to anyone in this new group, her mind drifting back far too often to the community she had left behind. The community she had failed. Blood was blood, no matter how indirectly it was on her hands. She wasn't sure if there was any way to atone for what she'd done-- a part of her didn't even want to bother trying. Myriah felt she was a stranger in a strange world, forced to live with the fact she was nothing but a screw-up.

But, things needed to change. They had to change.

While Myriah had relented to get to know the others so far, she still grieved for their losses. She was too much of a sentimental girl not to. She knew that she started to make an effort to create new relationships instead of falling back on the ones she'd lost. Today seemed to be abuzz with activity as multiple people arrived at the community. They were growing quite the group and Myriah wondered if these apartments would sustain them all for long if they kept going. As bad as things had ended up, Myriah still had experience with managing a large group, so she wondered if Fan would be interested in what she had to say. She'd have to talk to the other woman later, but for now... now was the time to make sure she made some good first impressions.

Leaving her room, Myriah looked somewhat presentable. The stress of the last few weeks had done her in a bit, and she was getting to be thinner than she had been in ages. She knew she looked a bit sick, but having security to surround herself with was probably going to do a good deal of help toward that. She only wished she had a set of clothes that didn't look wrinkled and a pair of glasses that wasn't cracked. In any case, she made due with what she had.

It only took her a few minutes to get to the room the new guy had taken. She didn't know his name yet, but she wanted to meet him and let him know he could rely on her. These days, Myriah had found that people responded well to a friendly demeanor... at least, assuming they themselves wasn't already accosting you. With a small nod of her head, Myriah knocked on Room #5's door.

Elliot - Outside Apartments - Fan/Greg

Word had spread quickly about the loss the group had experienced. When people are digging graves, that tended to happen. Neither Elliot or Danny had been with the group long enough to really experience much in the way of grief, but for Elliot, it was still a grim reminder of the harsh world they lived in. People just kept dying. Soon enough, no one would be left. It wasn't the most uplifting idea, but it was one that Elliot kept in mind in the face of his brother's death. He knew Danny was thinking it too, his friend having been distressingly nihilistic since Shannon. Unlike Danny, Elliot managed to use this thinking in an actual constructive manner-- He would be one of the last to go out, no matter what.

Danny was fine with sitting around on his ass, but Elliot felt the need to help out, at least to show some gratitude for all Fan and her group had done for them. It had taken some prodding, but eventually Elliot got the other boy out of the apartment. From there, they found Greg and Fan, offering them a proposition.

"Elliot would like us to take over for you guys," Danny said, translating for Elliot. It seemed no one here but Myriah knew how to sign, so speaking through Danny was just starting to become a natural occurrence. "It's the least we can do." To his credit, Danny sounded sincere, even if he looked particularly sour about it.

• Love
Cutter-Room #5-Joe & Myriah
Cutter heard a knock at the door and tensed, he looked through the small crack and spotted someone new. She didnt know that the two men inside were not convened in friendship. Cutter moved his boot into the doorway and threw it open with his leg, his hand on his knife he spoke.

"Look lady I dont know who you are but right now we got a prisoner situation here. I'm trying to get some information outta this fella and you busting in here aint helping my thought process."

He quickly looked back at Joe and realigned his pistol with the mans chest. The woman seemed unfamiliar, she wasnt someone he'd known before. Perhaps she'd arrived recently, maybe with Asya and her man. Either way Cutter was not eager to handle her and Joe at once.

"What do you need?" Cutter said grumpily, his eyes resting on Joe.​

Thom - Apartments - Emma

As the static off the walkie rang. Thom froze. It took a few second before a voice made its way. A little girl's voice.

"Thom! Tommy, you there!"

..................................................................................................................................

Flashback

Thom- L.A.X Airport, Los Angeles - before the outbreak

Thom's trip to Los Angeles had it's up down. The reason why he came in the first place was saddening. His ex girlfriend, Rose, had Over dosed on heroin. While she moved out of New York and broken up with Thom years ago, the two stayed in touch. Rose didn't have any family. Thom was it. The two meet when Thom at a concert years ago, and stayed together for three years. She was an artist, and she always the drug habit. It was rough, and Thom was desperate to get her clean. It worked, for a time, but she just could never stay clean. Dead before she hit thirty. It was just sad.

Taking off towards L.A as soon as he heard, Thom prepared her arrangements. As her emergency contact, it was his job. Cremating her, and releasing her ashes, that's what she would want. Thom would stay in two for a week or so more, taking in some musical concerts , and finishing an article before e-mailing it to his editor.

Currently in the Airport Lobby, working on a cross word and listening to music, Thom tried to get life off his mind. There was some sickness or something, going on around the states. If he turned to his left he'd see a homeless man bleeding as he laid against the wall. However, something caught his eye. A little girl.

The girl wasn't upset, by she was lost. She need help, a Thom new that. He couldn't leave her by herself, she was four or five at least. Turning off his music, have walk to the girl, he bend down his knee. He didn't want to come off as creepy. That would suck

"Hey there! You lost?"

The girl didn't answer.

"Hmm. You're not allowed to talk to strangers, right?"

The girl nodded.

Thom sighed before speaking again.

"I should have known. I know you can't to me, but is it okay If I just walk you to customer serves, and have them call your mom?"

The girl nodded again, this time with a smile. Leading the way, Thom kept eye on the girl, making sure she was by his side. Lucky for him, she grabbed his hand Out of the blue, the little one speak.

"My name is Amanda, but everyone Mandy. You never told me your name."

"Oh, I'm Thom. So you're speaking to me now, Mandy? Huh."

Thom gave the girl a wink and smile, Mandy would smirk in return. The two made small talk as the walked together.

"Mommy!"

the girl would let go of Thom's hand, Running to a panic looking woman, leaping into her arms. Thom would stay there and watched the two, making eye contact with the mother, he nervously smiled and casual waved as she walked towards him.
...............................................................................................................................

"Mandy, what are you doing with the walkie. You know you're mom would be made if she found you using this."

"I just wanted to talk to you! You've been gone forever!"

"I'll be back soon, just go put the walkie away. I don't need to hear your mother complaining. I'm turning the walkie off now. I love you kid."

Turning off the walkie, Thom turned to Emma.

"She's five. She doesn't know better. The queen's daughter can do whatever she wants."

@SheriffLlama
......................................................................................................................................................................

Joe - Room #5 - Cutter, Myriah

"It's the way this kind of thing goes, miss. I am a threat till proven otherwise."

Joe acted rather calmly to Cutter's remarks.

"Look Cutter, the last two days for me, have been hell. I've been shot at, got into a car wreck, I've lost everything, pretty much. I can see your eyes, you want me dead, am I wrong? I'm a threat What do you want me to say? Nothing I can do right now changes shit. "

Joe would turn away, laying on side.

"I brought here because I was wounded and my friend needed help. I am not gonna beg for my life, man. Keep the gun on me all you want, but are we getting anywhere? I've said my peace."

@Atomyk @HellHoundWoof

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Fan - Outside Apartments - Elliot, Danny, and Greg

Greg and Fan stopped digging as the boys walked over to them. After Danny signed for Elliot, nwould sign back to Elliot as she spoke to Danny.

"Thanks you two. Greg, I need to talk to Elliot. Would you mind to keep shoveling?"

"Nah, It's cool. I don't mind. Do your whole leader thing, Babe."

Fan would lightly touch Greg's shoulder. She want to show affection, but right now was not the time.

"Okay, Just follow me, Elliot."

Taking Elliot with her, Fan would would walk to the second floor's stairway of the main apartment. Taking a seat on a step, she'd begin to sign and speak.

"Thank you for offering to help. I appreciate it much. The grave Greg and I were digging, It's for Rick. He had schizophrenia. Him and I we talk. He took his life with my help."

Fan stopped.

"I'm not proud of that. I have to tell his girlfriend, and she'll be broken. My job, it isn't easy. I['m the leader, I don't like it, but it's my job. I'm also smart enough to know I need help. I don't much about you, or your friends, I just to know what everyone is good at."

The doctor stopped and laugh, follow by a sigh.

"Look, I'll be blunt, I can trust you, right? You seem like want to help, but are you in this. I'm loyal to loyalty. I just need to know if you are."

@Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.