The Village of Blen OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact: During the protein synthesis, the ribosomes take the copy of half the DNA, then stuffs things which I fail miserably at explaining onto it where it fits, and on the back of them are amino acids that chain together to form a protein.

Amazing how complex that is eh? I wonder how long it took to adapt into that.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

ed_displaysize_by_mckadesinsanity-d7qa0ic.jpg

Art credit mckadesinsanity deviant art user

Name:
"Call me your average Joe"
Josephus Harsing

24 years

Race:
mix-breed, majority Human

Appearance:
Average 'T' frame, The physique of a hard worker complete with farmer's tan, various self inflicted scars, dirt-y skin tone and sandy blonde tangles and stubble. See above...

H.A.R.T.:
Adventurer

Job:
Traveler/ seeker of curiosities

Strengths:
♠ Massive quick study; Both mentally and physically heightened because of his age but mostly because of his heritage
♦ Merciful; this is where His morality comes into play, He believes in a higher power and purpose
♣ unshakable; Just purely an intense personality of a young male

Weaknesses:
♥ Uncontrollable allergies; I think I'll be pretty interesting as this comes up
♣ Unseasoned; He has yet to do a quest other than to satisfy his own curiosity
♠ Becoming to single-minded; He's way to focused and often overlooks complexity

Weapon of Choice:

Body- he is particularly coordinated and dexterous

Personality:
Joey is a die hard learner with the ability to see something uncomprehendingly interesting in dull subjects. His motivation in life is entirely in the moment except for his morality which is his constant. There is a certain relaxed air about him, seeing what passes is only a temporary thing and hes to enjoy it while he can. He isn't afraid of dying but he stays as much away from common stupidity as he can. He is very interested in women, as his father was a very nasty man and he still searched for acceptance. He idolizes his mother.
Backstory:
His widowed father was a very learned man, a priest actually, though he was not a particularly good example to his son preferring to waste away his knowledge seducing women, including Joe's mother.When Joe was sixteen he had already mastered what was available to him, and left the tiny homestead in search of great legends.

Studied

• Cartography​
• Agriculture​
•Artifact lore (?)​
•Bard-istry​
•Carpentry​
•Chronography​
•Herbal-ism​

Mastered

Ledger

Book of lore
(if allowed? Otherwise I can acquire knowledge though the old fashioned means, Gossip and legend)

"Agriculture for halfwits"
"The complete record of known vegetation"

Last edited by a moderator:
It was forged by Klinkerus the Deceiver, in the halls of Vorundibblydoo, on the Anvil of Truth.
But then tell me; what was this Klinkerus made out of? Glitter and fairy dust? Rocks forming a golem? ...Elemental?

But then tell me; what was this Klinkerus made out of? Glitter and fairy dust? Rocks forming a golem? ...Elemental?
Klinkerus was made of the Godstuff from which all his kind are formed, and of repentance for his lying ways. And that's where I'll drop this. Don't want to get too far off-topic.

Fun fact: During the protein synthesis, the ribosomes take the copy of half the DNA, then stuffs things which I fail miserably at explaining onto it where it fits, and on the back of them are amino acids that chain together to form a protein.
Basically, you have tRNA which has base sequences on it and you have these free-roaming amino acids attached to bases and wherever you have a complementary triplet code, the free-roaming amino acid's bases attaches to the three bases of the tRNA and get held on a bit like a jigsaw or something, then enzymes at the end of the ribosome force the peptide bond to form and links the amino acid to the chain being produced.

As for the molecular evolution of the first cells, that's some neat-ass stuff. Did you know that every cell in your body has bacteria inside it and that we wouldn't have been able to evolve past single cells if we didn't have them?

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Basically, you have tRNA which has base sequences on it and you have these free-roaming amino acids attached to bases and wherever you have a complementary triplet code, the free-roaming amino acid's bases attaches to the three bases of the tRNA and get held on a bit like a jigsaw or something, then enzymes at the end of the ribosome force the peptide bond to form and links the amino acid to the chain being produced.
Yes. That. Thanks for explaining.

As for the molecular evolution of the first cells, that's some neat-ass stuff. Did you know that every cell in your body has bacteria inside it and that we wouldn't have been able to evolve past single cells if we didn't have them?
Yes yes, bacteria are nice and all, but have you considered a direct physical alliance with fungi cells? Is that even possible in the same way? Orcs?

Well there's a species of ant that farms a species of fungus within its nest cos it can't eat the food available directly so it feeds it to the fungus and eats the fungus.

Every day's a school day, and I learnt some things.

Welcome to our newer members, please feel free to jump into the conversation whilst we mill around in the primordial soup which shall eventually transform into the town we've all been waiting for.

Well there's a species of ant that farms a species of fungus within its nest cos it can't eat the food available directly so it feeds it to the fungus and eats the fungus.
So they've developed farming. We're all dead.

Then there's the fungi Cordyceps that takes control of the mind of insects, like ants, making them go to places good for the fungi and for spreading its spores, then devouring the insect completely. Fun times.

Man this conversation is starting to be too smart for me. :P

So they've developed farming. We're all dead.

Then there's the fungi Cordyceps that takes control of the mind of insects, like ants, making them go to places good for the fungi and for spreading its spores, then devouring the insect completely. Fun times.
Yeah but the biggest thing it affects is birds, and even then it only gives them stomach ache. If you want neat parasites, look out for Tapeworm. It's usually harmless to humans because the dangerous part of its life cycle occurs in pigs, but if you eat the half-egg...

So basically, when you eat a tapeworm egg, it latches onto your intestine and begins to grow like a weird tube - it grows sections or segments. When it's mature, the end segment breaks off and is excreted. This excrement is usually ingested by pigs. If it is, the segment burrows out of the digestive tract and into the bloodstream, where it makes its way to the muscles of the pig and grows into a cyst filled with eggs ready to be eaten by a human (always check your pork for lumps). If a human eats a segment, the same thing happens but instead of happening in the human's muscle, it happens in the human's brain... where we have no immune system and it just keeps on growing and gives you a bunch of mental issues and then you die.

Yeah but the biggest thing it affects is birds, and even then it only gives them stomach ache. If you want neat parasites, look out for Tapeworm. It's usually harmless to humans because the dangerous part of its life cycle occurs in pigs, but if you eat the half-egg...

So basically, when you eat a tapeworm egg, it latches onto your intestine and begins to grow like a weird tube - it grows sections or segments. When it's mature, the end segment breaks off and is excreted. This excrement is usually ingested by pigs. If it is, the segment burrows out of the digestive tract and into the bloodstream, where it makes its way to the muscles of the pig and grows into a cyst filled with eggs ready to be eaten by a human (always check your pork for lumps). If a human eats a segment, the same thing happens but instead of happening in the human's muscle, it happens in the human's brain... where we have no immune system and it just keeps on growing and gives you a bunch of mental issues and then you die.
0_0....well that's rather cheery.....

I did actually know that however I didn't probably want to be reminded, lol.

Reactions: Karakui
Name:s
Avon and Nova Vale
"At your service!" "Sup?"

Ages:
24 and 26
"Don't you think that's a good age to become a-"
*Thwack!*
"Don't listen to him. I'm old enough and that's all you need to know."

Race:
Both Human
"Actually a rare form of human known as AWESOME." "Sigh."

Genders:
Male and Female
"101% pure, refined MAN." "Please stop."

Appearances:

image.jpeg
"THESE CHICKENS GOT OUT BY THEMSELVES I SWEAR." (Under breath)"You fucking dumbass piece of shit..."

H.A.R.T.:
Both Laymen.
"I'll be a Adventurer as soon as I slip out of my sister's desperate claw-"
*THWACK-BANG*
"He'll be conscious in a few minutes."

Jobs:
Farmers/Ranchers
"Zzz... Lame... Zzz..." "Get up so I can kick your ass again."

Place of residence and/or work:
The farm and home of Mei Men-funh.
"Good old Auntie Mei." "The most sane thing you've said today."

Strengths:
Good with animals
Can sprint a fair distance in a small amount of time
Decent with a crossbow

Fairly strong
Has picked up on Mie's resourcefulness
Can weild her shield and most blunt weapons with respectable skill.

"Everyone knows my strengths are everything!" "Aaaannnddd your back to bullshit."

Weaknesses:
Constantly overestimates his own abilties
His search for fame and glory overrides his sense of self-preservation
Always goes for the more 'awsome looking' weapon.

Can be immovably stubborn
Drinking issue
Quick to physical punishment

"The great Avon has no weaknesses!"
*Thwack!*
"She snuck up on me!" "Great Avon my ass."

Weapons of choice:
A fancy steel sword from Vona.
A wooden sheild expertly crafted so that it is as sturdy as a iron one, also from Vona.
"FoeEnder!" "IdiotBasher."

Personalities:
A rather ambitious and energetic young man, Avon's dream is to become a Adventurer and eventual Hero like is eldest sister Vona. He pictures himself battling dragons and swimming in their hordes. He can be easily rapped up in this dream and goes to great lengths to prove himself or train to become a Adventurer. When not in full pursuit of his goal Avon is a freindly fellow, quick to forgive, make freinds, or offer his aid. He might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but his heart is in the right place.
Nova is a dirty-mouthed, subborn person who shows little respect, at least, that's typically the first impression of her. Normally rather mellow (she curses mainly because she doesn't see them as anything else than words), in contrast to her brother, and judges people quickly regardless of their status. These opinions can be eventually changed, they just need time and effort. Once you've proven yourself to Nova, as many of Blen's residents have already done, she'll be the first to back you up or support you. Nova will always stalwartly defend what she believes in, providing her tendency to be rather subborn. She has basically become one of Blen's main peace keepers, even if she often just whacks whoever is causing a ruckus with her sheild to knock them conscious.

Finally Nova has had a drinking problem ever since the fire. While it takes a lot to get her drunk nowadays its best to avoid even slightly agitating her when she is. While drunk she's been known to angrily berate the residents on all their flaws, even damn them to the underworld a few times. She can also be easily frustrated by people commenting on her short stature.

Backstory:
The Vale Family in Blen began with a Adventurer and a villager fell in love around Miss. Mei's time. The two were quickly married and started a farm right next to Mei's who became a great friend of theirs over the years. Soon they had a daughter they named Vona, later followed by another daughter and a son. In their youth Avon and Nova looked up to their eldest sister until she left one day to become a Adventurer. Ten years passed, and Vona Vale was a legendary Hero, traveling the continent banishing evil. The family has always kept in touch with her by letter, the Hero replying with relics from her adventures.

However one night a sudden fire took the Vale house, burning it and Avon and Nova's parents to the ground. No one knows how it started, some believe they saw a dark shape in the sky, but what is known is that the remaining Vale's were scarred and homeless. When word reached Vona, she wrote back the most tearful apology the strong-willed woman could manage, she was at the other side of Vallure and unable to help them. Miss. Mei took them in, expanding her farmland with their property, and raising the two up to today (they took to calling her Aunty Mei). They now work in the farmland, any mention of the fire making Avon silent and Nova defensively angry.
I won't be providing constant Mayor coverage, only when something important is happening or he's being interacted with. These two are the main chars I'll be using.
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Karakui
YOU WIPPERSNAPPERS TALKING BOUT FUN FACTS?! BACK IN MY DAY WE JUST THOUGHT ZEUS EXPODED THE WORLD INTO EXISTANCE AND THATS ALL WE NEEDED.

I feel so sorry for Nova. Not only does she have to deal with Avon, she doesn't even get an original name, just her brother's name reversed.

I love them both dearly, @Crono, and I really hope they both look up to Yamazaru as some sort of...lazy best friend or guardian or something. They grew up around her, certainly.

7c47wwU.png

• Love
Reactions: Ythania
Status
Not open for further replies.