The Village of Blen OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way though, all those characters are very similar in that they're not human seemingly for the sake of not playing a human...

In a way though, all those characters are very similar in that they're not human seemingly for the sake of not playing a human...
Spot on. I just think playing "another" human feels a bit mainstream.

Thanks! I really try not to have two characters too similarly. Like in KOE, some people are discussing skin colors of characters, mine don't even have any. This person has all human ones? I have a tree, a clay-like shapeshifter, and a hollow armor. But thanks again, I guess my variety in characters make up for the lack of depth in each one.

Also, "Oh! Oh, my. Why thank you, sweetie."
I really want to get back to KoE. As in, -really- want to. But I'm pretty shy and I'm holding Charlie in stasis until I figure out what I want to do with her, either wait for Aros or keep going.

On topic, I've just finished lining the appearance images. You'll have to excuse the one on the right; it was meant to be a bit sketchy, but I couldn't help myself and tried to tidy it up and made something a bit awkward and silly. I'm just going to throw some colour onto it and see what comes out.

Blen is really starting to look like an oriental-themed village, too; I'm getting some weird Rune Factory vibes from the RP already.

On topic, I've just finished lining the appearance images. You'll have to excuse the one on the right; it was meant to be a bit sketchy, but I couldn't help myself and tried to tidy it up and made something a bit awkward and silly. I'm just going to throw some colour onto it and see what comes out.

Blen is really starting to look like an oriental-themed village, too; I'm getting some weird Rune Factory vibes from the RP already.
WHAT? YOU'VE DRAWN THE PLACE ALREADY? Oh wow. Like, how do you do it? Photoshopping lab coats on trees took longer than that.

Holy crap n-no I haven't drawn Blen. I drew Yamazura. I'm good but not THAT good and we haven't got a full cast yet.
O-oh, ok. But still. You're an artist. Like, an actual artist. Did you see the two-minute Paint slops I made of KoE?

They're beautiful. You even added backgrounds, man, that's a 1-up from my skill level.

Right, I think I'm done fixing up the lineart, so it's time to get colouring.

They're beautiful. You even added backgrounds, man, that's a 1-up from my skill level.
Don't even joke about our skill levels possibly comparing. You're far too good.

• Love
Reactions: Ythania
By the by @Ythania your assumption about the cat, while perfectly credible, is false. I am looking forward to seeing your illustrations.

@Karakui the cat will probably see Sera as inferior and not worth its time as it does with all the villagers, however false that may be.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword you have been accepted. Your character is officially the most diligent worker in all of Blen thus far.

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword you have been accepted. Your character is officially the most diligent worker in all of Blen thus far.
...My god, I just noticed it too. No wonder the town's so damn small. Mrs. Mei's the only one who gets stuff done around here.

I was wondering how we could introduce prospective RPers to Blen - is perhaps a RP advertisement a good way to bring some more players in? It's a bloody good concept, and I wouldn't mind bumping it up from time to time, maybe with sketches and drawings if I get around to it.

...My god, I just noticed it too. No wonder the town's so damn small. Mrs. Mei's the only one who gets stuff done around here.

I was wondering how we could introduce prospective RPers to Blen - is perhaps a RP advertisement a good way to bring some more players in? It's a bloody good concept, and I wouldn't mind bumping it up from time to time, maybe with sketches and drawings if I get around to it.
Thank you for volunteering to be our advertising agent @Ythania (I joke I joke)

Thank you for volunteering to be our advertising agent @Ythania (I joke I joke)
I shall do it FOR THE CAUSE. On a more serious note, I'm probably not able to do it constantly, but like I said - I'd be glad to preach every do often and keep it on the front page.

I'll get my cart ready for you.
image.jpeg
Don't talk about the cure all, they caught up to me on that one.

By the by @Ythania your assumption about the cat, while perfectly credible, is false. I am looking forward to seeing your illustrations.

@Karakui the cat will probably see Sera as inferior and not worth its time as it does with all the villagers, however false that may be.

Understood

Yamazura1_zpswqe82n3j.png

Colours are hard, jesus. I need your help on this one; if you've got the time, could you go through Color Me Curious and choose some colour schemes I could put onto Yamazaru's clothes? Her skin and hair colour will remain the same, keep that in mind!

(Again, I apologise for that picture on the left, truly and honestly.)

Last edited:
Wow, that's good. Strange though.

Yamazura1_zpsqbgtw7qr.png

Possibly maybe. I quite prefer this one and I might use it, but I'm pretty tired at the moment (and I've been throwing colour palettes onto that outfit for a good hour and a bit now) so I'll just throw that out there and see what your opinions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.