The Village of Blen OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sorry for Nova. Not only does she have to deal with Avon, she doesn't even get an original name, just her brother's name reversed.
And her sister's name with jumbled letters.

I love them both dearly, @Crono, and I really hope they both look up to Yamazaru as some sort of...lazy best friend or guardian or something. They grew up around her, certainly.
Thanks. Nova would definitely be the one to calm her down, even if that means, you know, the bashing method.

The naming game was atrocious for the Vale family.

EDIT: Heck yeah, that makes for one member of the Yamazaru containment squad.

The naming game was atrocious for the Vale family.

EDIT: Heck yeah, that makes for one member of the Yamazaru containment squad.
I actually took their names from a former villain idea of mine that was two brother and sister 'Twins' that functioned as the left and right sides of their brain, muttering to each other to share information.

Reactions: Ythania
Cool idea. Bit weird.

Much to my distress, my photo uploading site...is not letting me upload properly. I shall have to wait a while longer before I can post Yamazaru's beautiful body onto the OOC.

Woo! Home! Character Creating time!

Because i'm lazy, anyone know of any stereotypes that is not already taken?

Woo! Home! Character Creating time!

Because i'm lazy, anyone know of any stereotypes that is not already taken?
Neat freaks and/or workaholics seem to be sparse here. Aim for the young male since we have quite a few females and a surprising amount of old codgers.

Alternatively, look at the job openings. We have a blacksmith, a librarian, and a small farm but no Innkeeper.

Neat freaks and/or workaholics seem to be sparse here. Aim for the young male since we have quite a few females and a surprising amount of old codgers.

Alternatively, look at the job openings. We have a blacksmith, a librarian, and a small farm but no Innkeeper.
Innkeeper is a good suggestion.

You can run the local tavern, where adventuring parties are frequently fated to meet.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
Oh, yeah, I managed it!

vgfxcGi.png

I'm going to create a young women herbalist from a predominantly crazy family just FYI. I'm about to leave for work though so...later perhaps.

I need a few summaries of Josephus's stereotype, just to make sure it's conveyed, if anyone would like to provide I'd be grateful.

I'm going to create a young women herbalist from a predominantly crazy family just FYI. I'm about to leave for work though so...later perhaps.

I need a few summaries of Josephus's stereotype, just to make sure it's conveyed, if anyone would like to provide I'd be grateful.
I honestly don't know where to classify him, which is good. He's diverse and complicated.

EDIT: Actually, I meant to ask because I'm excited; any idea when the IC is coming out, @Crono ?

I honestly don't know where to classify him, which is good. He's diverse and complicated.

EDIT: Actually, I meant to ask because I'm excited; any idea when the IC is coming out, @Crono ?
I'll be getting to it soon. A approaching lapse in my schoolwork should allow me to have it up by at most the end of the week. I've been thinking of taking a shot at creating a map of Blen just to clarify things. Be warned, my skill in map making is about zero.

Human civilisation is a nightmare for most Fae.

"I can trade that for a few gold p-"
"NO THANKS. SEE YOU. BYE."

"Come on sis, it's just a smithery- oh wait, that's the first thing I should know."

Also, added 'Mercy and Kindness(for a Dullahan)' to my app.

Reactions: Crono
This is getting exciting and lively. I'm also super glad to see that Ironweave sparked such a knowledgeable branch in conversation. Making my picture proud guys. ^.^

I'll be getting to it soon. A approaching lapse in my schoolwork should allow me to have it up by at most the end of the week. I've been thinking of taking a shot at creating a map of Blen just to clarify things. Be warned, my skill in map making is about zero.
I might be able to help. I'll show you a map I made for another roleplay when I get home. I've been at work the last eight hours and now I'm headed to Spanish class.

Name: Kerr Levadin

Race: Elven (Elf)

Appearance:
Kerr (1).JPG Kerr (2).JPG Kerr (3).JPG Kerr (4).JPG Kerr (5).JPG
Pictures to show off A: Face B:Tattoo C: General Body Proportions (Yes I know he still looks like a bulky adult but its the best I could do for the Character creator of the game.) D: Clothes (More or less the same. Just general wear.)
The mark on Kerr's right cheek is a known symbol of the Elven and quite popular to be put on the body of Elven people.
H.A.R.T.:
Layman

Job:
InnKeeper

Place of residence and/or work:
"The Will-o-Wisp"
(Inn Name)

Strengths:
Sociable, Creative, Patient
Weaknesses:
Vague, Paranoid, Indecisive

Weapon of Choice:
Daggers

Personality: Kerr is the person to get up and ask someone what beer they want even if they just want to be left alone. But then go back and spend an hour choosing what ale to start with, and then be scared that he poured too much of one thing into the cup. Finally he would bring the drink back and say that it is pure ale of something with nothing else. Although it work probably work out in the end, The Will-o-Wisp is not successful for just it's wonderful rooms and sometimes burned food. Kerr also has time for the people that can't decide what they want, even if others are requesting his attention, personally he would see it as rude if he left to tend to other.

Backstory: Kerr grew up in the Village of Blen and his father always ran the local in that gained slight fame for their constantly clean rooms and excellent Ale's. The food could be better but what can you do when your buying the expensive stuff for the drinks. After Kerr's fathers death, the deed got pasted to Kerr himself. Already knowing much of the business, Kerr gladly accepted and re-opened the doors of The Will-o-Wisp again. But this time, with less staff. Some (Most) of the workers disliked Kerr because of his risks with creating new Ales or Brews that could drive customers away, and decided to go elsewhere. Now only Kerr and one very intoxicated fly runs the whole inn.

Other: I would just like to also point out in the pictures that the ears are not really pointed as most elves are, this is just what I could work with. I pointed the ears as much as I could but not as much as wanted, so I guess just pretend and use that good little brain I know you have.
elf_ears_psd_by_emmytonks.jpg

Kerr has a small magical affinity, where he can warm his hands up to a "roaring fire" of 70 Degrees. He can also pick up things up and move them freely with his mind up to two feet in a circle around him.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be able to help. I'll show you a map I made for another roleplay when I get home. I've been at work the last eight hours and now I'm headed to Spanish class.
I'm home. Here it is:

From Darkwater Village

I know it's not the same sort of map, but there you have it.

Last edited:

Name: "Perpetual Serpent" Aruna

Race: 4th Gen. Vampire (formerly Elf). This means that she's the great-granddaughter of the original vampire. The higher your generation, the weaker your vampiric powers are, but the less affected by the weaknesses too. 4th Generation is at the very strong end of the spectrum. Modern vampires like *shudders* twilight who have very little of the weakness or strength and may as well be human are around 20th generation.

Appearance:
Aruna may also transform into any number of snakes, with any skin colour. The larger the quantity of snakes, the smaller each snake is and the fewer functions it has, for example, a large snake may be able to think freely, make decisions and use magic, while the smallest snakes can only be controlled remotely (like an RC car) and are incapable of using any kind of spell or free will.

H.A.R.T.: Adventurerer

Job: Shaman

Place of residence and/or work:
She is formally the town of Blen's priest, and thus resides in the village's temple, although she doesn't usually use it as a house because she has to set up a bunch of wards in order to actually go inside, and that's a long and boring process.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
Aruna is quite an adept magician, particularly in the field of Voodoo magic. Provided she can establish a psychic link, she can do pretty much whatever she wants to someone. Establishing the link can be difficult, though, as it is reliant on malevolent thoughts - she cannot establish the link with someone unless they're thinking mean things. Aruna has phenomenal regeneration and physical strength, being a vampire n' all, and is generally a very wise and knowing person. Of course, being a vampire also comes with its downsides - she needs to drink blood regularly and will go berserk otherwise (2 litres every 2 days for health, 4 days maximum before frenzy). She also incinerates almost instantly in sunlight, and cannot enter a place of residency without being invited inside. There's a whole plethora of other weaknesses, but I can't be bothered remembering them all right now.

Weapon of Choice:
Wields a spear which functions similarly to the needle of a traditional voodoo witch but looks cooler. For example, assuming a connection has been established, hitting the spear against something will cause the target to take pain from that direction, mirrored. So, hitting the spear against a wall to the user's right at shoulder level would cause pain and damage in the target's left shoulder.

Personality:
Aruna is rather mischievous, and very adventurous. She likes to push the boundaries, be they laws, morals or her own limits as a vampire. Her most proud achievement is rewriting her own vampire DNA to become snakes instead of bats (though she regrets not being able to fly anymore). She doesn't have much malevolence herself, and doesn't really bother with "good" and "evil"; she just does whatever she finds interesting.

Backstory:
Aruna became a vampire at age 14, sired by the 3rd generation vampire Nosferatu. In the early years of her undeath, she spent a lot of time researching and discovered another 3rd generation by the name Dracula. She found his inherent ability to become a dragon very inspiring, and set about trying to induce a similar effect in herself. This led her down the route of voodoo magic, a very unusual school for the undead perhaps because they're so often reagents for voodoo spells. The fruits of her labour blossomed 53 years later. Feeling somewhat directionless after that, she figured she may as well make a name for herself, so she became an adventurer. These adventures led her down a shady path and ultimately to the God Assassination business, although she left that field when she met Sera, more interested in the process of Falling than simply defeating pantheons. The name "perpetual serpent" comes from her dabblings in Temporal and Entropy Magics, which she uses to make infinite fonts of things - this is the source of most of her income (Wizards have very curious needs, and her business fulfils those often. Her most memorable customer was an old Archmage who was looking for an infinite box of drawing pins.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.