The Village of Blen OCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purples and blues tend to work best with dark reds in my experience. I think browns and oranges might work too?

Purples and blues tend to work best with dark reds in my experience. I think browns and oranges might work too?
Mhm, I'll have to look into it a bit more tomorrow. Now to ponder over what Yamazaru's even going to do around here...

Well the hand-tail could be useful for mobility so maybe she's a construction worker or something?

Mhm, I'll have to look into it a bit more tomorrow. Now to ponder over what Yamazaru's even going to do around here...
*Cough*weneedablacksmith*Cough*
I think it would actually be a good job for her. She wouldn't be working a whole lot since all Blen would commonly need made is farming tools. So yeah, a blacksmith or a carpenter.

Sera is completed. I think I'll make the vampire a second character, but more of a minor one who only shows up from time to time partially due to the whole being a vampire thing and partially due to the whole being an adventurer thing.

That I shall be.

*Cough*weneedablacksmith*Cough*
I think it would actually be a good job for her. She wouldn't be working a whole lot since all Blen would commonly need made is farming tools. So yeah, a blacksmith or a carpenter.
Then it is done. I'll make her into a blacksmith.

EDIT:
Her application is updated! It's on page 1. I'm holding back on the appearance until I figure out what colours to use, but you've already seen her, so hopefully I can be accepted?

That I shall be.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay around here.

Last edited:
X4Hh91X.png

Name
Freri Nenmor

Race
Human

H.A.R.T.
Layman

Job
Head of the Blen Merchants' Guild chapter

Place of residence and/or work
Blen's local Merchants' Guild guildhall

Strengths
+ High social intelligence and charisma
+ Knowledgeable in business, politics, and trade
+ Rich; has a lot of money

Weaknesses
- No combat prowess
- No innate magical abilities
- Not extremely physically strong

Weapon of Choice
None

Personality
Freri is hardworking and determined, but she's not afraid of comfort or luxury. When she's not tending to her administrative duties, she can often be found reading or enjoying some freshly brewed tea. Filled with ambition, she's always looking for more power. If you owe the Guild something, she will not give up until she gets it.

However, she's not without morality. She prefers not to get anyone killed, and she honestly believes that whatever is best for her is also best for the village. Kind and considerate in personal matters, she is well-liked by those who've stayed on her good side.

Backstory
The Nenmor family may not be nobles or royalty, but they have been rich for the past several generations and are only getting richer. Freri's great grandfather, Varil Nenmor, founded the original Merchants' Guild in Vallure's capitol city, and now it has guildhalls in almost every city, town, and village on the continent. The Merchant's Guild has integrated itself into the legal system of Vallure. All merchants must register with the Guild and give the Guild it's share. Those who go against the Guild's rules are subject to hefty fines or imprisonment.

Freri is the pride of her family, and she lives up to it's prestigious name. Blen may be small and have only a few merchants, but Freri decided to run the local Merchants' Guild chapter herself. Many valuable artifacts pass through there, so there's much opportunity for an increase in wealth. The mayor is a pushover, so she has an easy time getting her way.

~ OFFICIAL CHARTER OF THE VALLURE MERCHANTS' GUILD ~
I. Trade in goods not produced by the seller of said goods is subject to a 30% tax by the Guild. As a rule of thumb, you owe the Merchants' Guild 30% of the profit if you did not make what you're selling. If you repeatedly dodge the Guild tax, you will be fined. If you cannot pay the fine, you may be imprisoned or put to work to pay off your debt.

II. Artisans, craftsman/craftswomen, brewers, smiths, weavers, fishermen/fisherwomen, gardeners, farmers, and others who produce goods for a living are usually exempt from this tax. If you are a fisherman and you sell someone a fish you didn't catch, you are exempt from the Guild tax because fishing is your trade. If you are a blacksmith and you sell a sword you didn't make, you also don't have to pay because metalwork is your trade. However, if a fisherman sells a sword or a blacksmith sells a fish, they must pay the 30% tax because A) they did not produce it and B) it is not their trade.

III. If you are a merchant for a living, you should join the Merchants' Guild. Guild members only have to pay a 5% tax, and the Guild will protect you from thieves.

Last edited:
Does Blen have guards? Or is the only security the nearby Hero Center?

I don't imagine a small village having very much of a security... then again, I don't imagine it having an entire merchant's guild either so what do I know?

I don't imagine a small village having very much of a security... then again, I don't imagine it having an entire merchant's guild either so what do I know?

One guild chapter isn't an entire guild.

You didn't imagine it'd have a mayor either. Normally I'd expect it to have at least one or two guards, but the setup makes me think the Hero Center fulfills that role instead.

Hm, good point. I think it depends on how close the village really is to the Hero Center.

Hm, good point. I think it depends on how close the village really is to the Hero Center.
Something else just now occurred to me. I was thinking of the mayor contacting the Hero Center in an emergency, but adventurers passing through town on their way there could serve the same function.

Criminals beware, for you may become the villain of an adventurer's quest!

@State Of Bedlam Hero Center is only three miles from Blen, however it naturally doesn't wish to be bothered with trivial matters. Adventures normally do the trick as you said.

My reason for having a non-human character is due to how I needed him to ride his sister and nothing else.

Ah well, time to continue verking on the app.

Literally. Very, very literally.

Well, I'm all good with the application @Crono . I'll probably make a second character if I can pull something out of my bird butt.

Reactions: Ythania
Got my char ready.

Name: "Joel is pronounced Jewel."
Joel Ironweave

Race: "Maybe I'm little unique..."
Arachne hybrid.

Male

Appearance: "Not much to look at right?"
He's a tall older man, white hair with dark purple tips. He wears a patchy straw hat, to cover his coarse hair. His gloves and boots cover his hands and feet which are black with a chitinous shell signifying his relation to the spider race. The gloves and boots themselves are a dark aged brown silk, that seem well woven and maintained. He wears coarse and unremarkable clothing and pants, that at first glance seem to be made of poor quality cloth, but a skilled eye would see it's also silk. Those that do not think he's human notice his fangs sparking rumors of him being a vampire. Despite his age he doesn't look to be older then his forty's at most, with hardly any wrinkles.

H.A.R.T.: "Retired Hero"
Layman

Job: "Not much else I'm willing to do."
Fisherman

Place of residence and/or work: "Gotta stay close to the fish of course."
Has a fishing hut he lives and sleeps in near a river, a little walk away from the main town.

Strengths: "I have a few tricks of course."
Extremely dexterous, excelling in arts that require adept hand motions.
Experienced, he can generally deal with most problems.
Immune to poison, as he can produce his own.
Weaknesses: "Gotta know what you can't do right? Right?"
Not very fast, since he is older.
Not terribly strong, as his age has weakened him a little. He can still lift a large fish at least.
Greedy, will typically not lift a finger to help unless it benefits him in some way, or he is being paid.

Weapon of Choice: "Don't worry I'm good at this."
Fishing rod, unless things get serious in which he'll the thread itself from the reel.
The thread itself is unbreakable, and can nullify magic casting if wrapped around a user of such arts, while being immune to effects that would otherwise ruin it.

Personality: "I'm a good guy if you get to know me."
Having retired from being a hero he has become a go with the flow guy, that tends to keep most of his true talents a secret. However due to his appetite for wealth, he can't help but gamble with those that offer. Joel has decided to take a vow to restrain instead of kill without telling anyone, and as such won't become involved in anyone's shenanigans unless there is a serious threat to any of the lives near him.

Backstory: "I don't mind not being famous, never liked it to begin with."
Joel has all but been forgotten by other heroes as well as adventurers and laymen due to new talent rising, and their names overshadowing his. Certainly there are a few people that remember him, and his feats, but they are few and far between, and those were in his younger days. Having left the hero society for good he wants a nice quiet life in a town barely anyone knows about. Having won a favor in a gambling match from a carpenter he had his fishing hut and supplies brought to him for free. He knows how to spot trouble, and as such doesn't trust that such an incompetent mayor is actually running the show. He chooses to ignore this as he came to Blen for the reason that nothing ever happens here.

Additional information: He can weave intricate fabrics and silks with ease, he is a tyrant when it comes to card games and gambling (check dexterous hands). Has a stockpile of gold in some banks. He does know how to make anti-venom for his venom.​

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the pickpocketing ability, it seems a bit too powerful and doesn't let people keep a hold of their stuff. But aside from that, he's an awesome character. I love how all of the characters thus far are rather old, it fits the little town theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.