The Unclaimed World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante heard a crunch as if some one was stepping on a twig as he heard it he jumped up and saw it was the girl he decided to be safe and take out his sharpened stick which was hardly a weapon but would still hurt and tried to lunge out but instead collapsed asleep when he woke he had no idea what happened

Lyla had been following Dante for a while when he suddenly jumped up and lunged at her with a sharpened stick. "What the hell?!" Lyla thought as she dodged his lunge. It was useless to dodge anyway because she noticed that he had collapsed onto the ground. "Hmmm..." His face appeared to be a sickly pale color, probably from the loss of blood. Lyla knelt beside him. He had still been bleeding. He was in luck. Lyla's mother had been a healer for a short time in the land of Amon and managed to teach Lyla a little about medicine and plants when Lyla was younger. Lyla had never really been very interested in healing or medicine, for that matter. Her mother quickly learned that her daughter had more of an interest in fire so she eventually quit trying to teach Lyla. Lyla closed her eyes for a moment to rethink what her mother had taught her. Lyla's mother's voice played back in her head, "This one is for the prevention of blood loss and this one is for antibacterial pain relief." Lyla saw images of the plants in her head as her mother had pointed them out to her. Lyla opened her eyes and quickly scrounged around the area for any of the plants that her mother had told her of. "Aha!" Lyla exclaimed as she had found one of the plants she was looking for. "Achillea millefolium! This one is used for antibacterial pain relief." She grabbed at the feathery-shaped leaf and pressed it onto Dante's wound. She scratched at the back of her neck. She still had to find one more plant. She had to, yet again, search the area for the plant. Today must be her lucky day, because she managed to find it several yards north from the first plant. "Capsella bursa-pastoris! This is the one used to prevent blood loss." she said. She picked at the triangular purse-like white pods on the green plant and wrapped it around Dante's wound. She sighed, feeling like she had done something good for once in her life. While he slept, Lyla thought she should go find some wood for a fire and some food for him to eat. "He must be absolutely exhausted..." Lyla eventually found some small cottonwood branches lying on the floor of the forest and quickly gathered them. She went back to Dante's resting place and dug a pit for the fire so it wouldn't catch any of the surrounding trees on fire. She rubbed twigs together and was pleasantly surprised to find that the wood had immediately caught fire. The orange flames flickered and danced in her eyes and she smiled. "How nice. That should burn for a little while." she thought. Lyla felt that it was definitely great to feel warm again. It was getting fairly dark. Lyla had nothing to eat. She decided to venture off a little ways into the forest to look for any game to catch. She crouched low, slowly going forward, and watching for any sudden movements or sounds. She peered through the darkness looking for something - anything - to eat. A few moments had passed when she saw a medium sized silhouette.. It was making clucking noises. "That's strange.." Lyla thought. She quickly drew her bow and fired a flaming arrow at the creature. Her shot was almost flawless. The arrow pierced the being's eye and it fell and landed on the ground. Lyla was curious as to what it was and went over to see it. The creature resembled an earthly chicken, but it wasn't a chicken. What could it be? It didn't matter much to Lyla. It was food and it would be enough for a meal for Dante and for herself. Lyla slung the bird over her shoulder and carried it. When she had returned to Dante's resting spot, she saw him laying there, looking around as if he were confused. " Hello there. I thought that I told you that I meant no harm. Why did you try to kill me?" Lyla asked.

When dante awoke all he could see was her face and a darkness all around presumed he had passed out and then realized he had tried to kill her when she had asked hi why. before answering he realized to her he must look like a carzy man for even though he was over 700 myears of age he only looked the age of 20 or so but that didn't change the fact that he hadn't shaved for years now he had grown quite a scraggly beard and untamed hair but not to make even worse meetings he answered "your heavily armed i thought you would have stuck through the heart but now i see you wont" he introduced himself " I am Dante Alighieri i was born in a town called Florence which was a capital of the roman empire I have no idea where i am i woke up from a deep slumber in the woods after travelling the inferno purgatorio and pardiso or as you might know them hell purgatory and heaven " he spoke in a strange mix of accents which sound somewhat Italian and some what Greek but there was a strange tone to it which almost sounded divine like he had been living with the gods

"Hmmm, very interesting." Lyla looked around and began to start cooking the bird she had caught. She watched Dante as she tried to prepare the fowl to be cooked. "I'm sorry if I appeared to you as a threat. I do recall you telling me about yourself back there when you were talking to a faun. I was curious as to whether you were peaceful or not.." Lyla trailed off as she began plucking the feathers of the bird. "Florence, eh? I've never really heard of such a place.. I've already told you that I'm from Amon, but it is such a small piece of land. I don't know a whole lot.. Just the little things that I was taught for survival." Once the bird was de-feathered, she skewered the bird and set it up as to where it would roast over the fire. She went over and sat cross-legged in front of Dante. "You seem like a young person, yet older than me. I can see the wisdom in your eyes. I knew you were in need of help and I saw that you were injured. I'm really not much of a people person.." Lyla looked away.

He looked in wonder at the girl she couldn't be any older than 15 but she seemed so mature " Im 749 time sped up when i was in the divine places and yet i still dont age when i entered i was not guessing not much older than at the age of 21 in all truthfulness i haven't seen a live human in more that 720 years now " he looked where she was looking to see if she had seen something bu then saw it was just darkness he was still tired with the loss of his blood but forced himself to stay awake

"Oh wow! It's so hard to believe that you're 749 years old, but I'll take your word for it." Lyla said to him. "Your beard is all scruffy!" Lyla chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. She got up and went to check the bird and gave it a twirl above the fire. She gave a slight smile to Dante. "Are you feeling okay? Do you have any goals you wish to achieve?" Lyla asked Dante. She was so interested in getting to know more about him. He was just a random man that she happened to cross paths with and she figured she shouldn't mess anything up. Their companionship didn't even have to last long if he didn't want it to. They could always go on their own way. She didn't have much of a problem of being alone. She was actually quite used to it by now.

Dante wasn't used to humans especially one who were friendly after trying to kill them he decided to return the smile "For now my only goal is to get rid of this beard but then i dont know i was wondering if i could stay with you perhaps just till my wounds are healed?"

"Oh, I see!" Lyla chuckled again. "I suppose you can stay with me." Lyla said to Dante. This was going to be something new. She'll have someone to travel with. Someone who definitely wouldn't give her much of an advantage of trying to complete her goals as well while he was still injured. But she figured, when it all came down to it, he'll try to be helpful when he gets better. She didn't want to feel like she was invading his personal privacy, so she decided to keep from asking anymore questions. The bird had finished cooking and it had a lovely golden look to it. Lyla managed to remove the bird without trying to burn herself. "We'll eat when it cools down.. Hopefully, it will make you feel a little better. In the morning, if you're up to it, we'll have to go looking for water somewhere. It's just that I haven't eaten in a couple days and we'll definitely need some fluids if we're to survive."

Dante couldn't help but smile he was glad that she had said yes however he could see doubt in her eyes he would have to earn his stay "Thank you very much its good to find such a kind soul "

"Of course!" Lyla replied. She waited a few minutes in silence until the fowl had eventually cooled off. When it had she had brought half of it over to Dante and shared it with him. "Here," she said, handing it to Dante. "I'm not much of a cook, but at least I tried." Lyla said to him, with a half smile. She sat down a few feet away from him and began eating slowly, looking up every once in a while at her surroundings.

He looked at the food as if it was the holy grail he just thought why is she giving this to him shes already done so much he held the food out to her " I cant take this you've already done enough for me "

"No, no! I insist. Take it. I'm sure it will help you feel better. Not to mention, if we're going to be companions, we should learn to be loyal to each other." Lyla said, giving the food back to him. After Lyla had finished eating her part of the bird, she moved a couple feet from Dante. She sat for a moment surveying the area, then she curled up and fell asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
he still felt wrong eating it but he did with great gusto after finishing it he saw she had fallen asleep and was curled in a ball he was not tired and didn't know what to do so he decided to sit there and stare he always though for his life was rather sad and thinking was all he had when he was a child his mother had beat him and as an adult he was finally happy but then his wife had died due to the fact that he had nothing better to do he decided to join the army and he excelled at it because he had nothin he felt nothing and was perfect at killing when had just joined he had few friends and when he went into war side by side he watched as ones leg was blown off and his artery's were oozing with puss and blood which mixed and made a fowl stench later he was capture and had to sleep in a cell filled with his friends bodys in heaps all around ones intestine on the floor the other missing his head he was half submerged in shit piss and pieces of his friends left and right and all he could do was stare when he broke free he killed 18 men with his hands and 12 more with a knife he found on a body he didnt enjoy killing but when he did he felt good about it and as he stared at her all he could see was her guts on the floor and her head on a pike that night he promised it wouldn't happen again all night he tossed and turned with nightmares

Aila watches the scene at the giant tree as the man runs off and the girl follows, and after some deliberation, decides to follow them. But it was hard to keep up while trying to remain unnoticed, so she ended up losing them at some point. She kept following the general direction they had gone, only to find them again some time later. They appeared to have stopped, the guy was healed, and they were resting. She considered the safety of calling out to them, and decided she would, but from the safety of the tree she was perched in.

"Hey!" She called, trying not to be too loud. "I don't mean to wake you... Well, okay, maybe I did, but that's not my point." She says, not even sure if they could hear her. She didn't even know why she was doing this. "Do you need any help?"

Dante awoke suddenly when hearing the voice due to his nightmares he drew a knife and threw near perfect accuracy and stuck the person to the tree as he climbed it he jumped back almost falling when seeing the woman who looked like a cat especially due to the fir and the height "Who are you!" He said with hostility he wouldnt let it happen again he looked back to look at lyla she was still asleep

Well, the last thing she had expected was to have a knife thrown at her. It stuck her to the tree, so she wasn't able to go anywhere, even if she wanted to. "My name's Aila." She replies. Her tip of her tail flicked as she glances at the knife. "Nice throw, but was that really necessary?" She looks back at him. "I was just asking if you needed help..."

He looked at her saw she meant no harm and took the knife from the tree " Sorry I only trust people once i know they wont harm me. if you even are a person?" he didn't mean to be so hostile but due to his past and his sudden urge to give back to lyla he gained a strange rage perhaps due to the memory's or maybe something else?

She regains her balance on the tree before opening her mouth as if to reply, but then stopping and thinking for a moment. "Somewhat human, I'd say..." She replies slowly, clearly still thinking, "But also 'cat'. So.... who are you?" She asks. She figured since she had given him her name, he could give his in return.

He was not sure if this thing was to be trusted but he decided a name wouldn't hurt " My name is Dante Alighieri that's all you need to know now keep your distance until my comrade there wakes and we can discuss what to do so for now sit with you back to the base of this tree" As the cat did what he said he took 2 of lylas arrows and stuck her to the tree one in her clothing on both arms he didn't sleep for the rest of the night

Zie stands up slowly " so are we heading out soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.