The Unclaimed World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snorting, Aia relaxed her hold on her blade, though her fingers still remained on the hilt, and her feet continued to carry her backwards. "More than that," she replied. "And why do we have to believe you?" By now she was beside the Iluti, and quickly stepped so she was partly behind him.

I'm not a coward, she told herself. I just don't want to die. That's all.

Most Kell wouldn't have done what she was doing. They might have been calm and proper, but most were also steadfast and selfless, believing that is how the gods would have wanted them to act. Aia was practically the opposite. She was sneaky, conniving, clever, and distinctly un-kell-like.

So she backed away from the danger and hid.

" I can't give you more this is what happened and you should be live me because of this, but hat reason would I have to do this, the thing had a reason, to prove his willingness to cause pain, but I dont, so please believe me. And if that isn't enough, my people don't lie, and I am not an exception."

"My people don't lie either," Aia muttered, too quietly for them to hear, "but I do." Then louder, she said, "And what reason did he give?" She flicked a strand of her long hair over her shoulder, looking around for her cloak.

" his reason was to prove that he was ruthless I would assume, he did it just befor threatening me, and telling me to bring him somebody, yu just need to trust me"

Aia shrugged. "So bring him the person, and then he'll leave us alone," she said, her tone mocking. Clearly she still didn't believe him. "It sounds like a fairly good deal," she continued.

" I could, an I might, but first lets just get to te light, then I will"

"So in other words," Aia said, narrowing her eyes, "you expect us to trust you until we reach said light. And then what?" She crossed her arms, willing to let go of the knife now that she wasn't directly in front of him.

"Be quiet, both of you!" Amarok's tail flicked in exasperation, the bickering between his travel mates getting on his last nerve-- quite something for someone who took so much to become simply agitated. "You're alive. Sit down, far apart, on either side of the camp," he snarled, his golden eyes flashing dangerously. He would not travel with them should they keep this up. Othen snorted and lifted himself so that he loomed above the scraggly trio of travelers.

"I could leave the both of you to deal it out alone--but I wouldn't make a good mediator in that way, would I?" He sighed. "Please, in the most descriptive of terms, describe the events to me. Something happened, you two are fighting, and therefore I must know what caused such a sudden shift in your... attitudes."

Aia sniffed indignantly. "So bird man kept watch all knight, and apparently had a shield that could keep everyone out around us. Now I wake up and I have a flipping scar on my arm, and he says a monster came and did it in the night." She moved to sit down beside Lano, glaring dangerously at Zie.

" yes that is exactly right, now then if it would make you feel better I will go find the two people and bring them to the thing, and then come back. So if I do this then take this" zie tossed her a metal disc " there just keep it on you" then he flew towards the second light he had saw, he was going to get its power and then get the two people.

To himself, Amarok murmured a couple obscure iluti curses under his breath, profoundly hard to pronounce and probably explicit thus earning an amused huff from Othen. He shook his head and looked to Aia, miffed and tired and not entirely in the mood for infighting. "Will you be accompanying me, or will you also be splitting off?" He asked, the corners of his mouth turning downwards in a subtle frown. He would leave the decision up to her, but until she settled on either option, he would keep moving. It was early still, and just enough time to reach the town.

Amarok nudged his draken awake and hopped atop the beast's back, settling comfortably between the protruding spines of the creatures back. "I am still going into town, if you wish to ever meet up later."

Aia grinned happily. "Now that Birdman is gone I think I shall come with," she said, swinging onto Lano's back. She glanced down at the scar on her arm, a worried frown replacing the previous smile.

What if there is a monster? she thought, shivering slightly even though it wasn't a cold morning.

As zie flew he thought about what his trial would be, and if there even would be a trial. But befor long he was at the pillar of ligh which he seemed. He stared at it, looking down at the dead bodies of men who had fought for its powers then he thought to himself" what if the battle is the trial" with this idea consuming him he dashed into the light. Unfortunately for him he was wrong.

When he opened his eyes he was in the sky, but the sky was everywhere, above below and to the sides. Suddenly he heard a faint noise, flung around and saw a night, a night with armor surrounding his body made of wind. Then the night spoke " greetings young zielento, you have made it to my domain. I am a serve to of the wind God. Should yu defeat me in battle you shall consume my powers. Are you prepared?" At this zie was shocked he did not expect to fight a sergeant of a god. However he drew his blades and agreed to fight." If this is what I must do the. So be it"

He linged at the night who doted it and put his palm in Zie's face, then a blast of wind sent zie hurdling Into the edge of this place. His trial had begun

The next morning brought more searching for a way back to her town. Aila realized that long the night before, but she wasn't in too much of a hurry to get going. She honestly didn't feel like facing an overly concerned brother the moment she took a step into the town. He didn't seem to grasp the concept that she knew what she was doing (most of the time). She climbs up higher into the tree to get a good idea of where she was, then chooses a direction she thinks might be right before climbing back down. There wasn't much of a plan, but she was starting a sort of list of things she needed to do in case this temporary problem turned out to be a longer than expected problem. For today though, she had only three objectives: to find food, water, and her way home. She started off again, jumping to a close tree, then to one opposite it. That was the thing about Iriek: their height (or lack thereof) made it hard for them to travel efficiently on foot, but once they were in a forest, they would take advantage of it. Aila was no exception.

(@Wiliam Heart - Sorry for being inactive. :/ )

Lyla looked at Dante. She shrugged and a moment later she replied, "You know, that sounds like a good idea." She smiled and nodded her head. "I'll see you in a while." Lyla said to him, over her shoulder. She started walking towards the west, looking up to the trees and the branches. She always found it weird that when she was alone, she would sometimes get the feeling of being watched. When she had gotten farther into the woods, she had slowed her pace. She crouched, listening to the forest and the sounds within. Lyla waited for a while in that stance, until she would be able to see something.

Dante had been traveling for quite sometime he had caught a bird and a rabbit but not much else so he started heading back. when he got back to the camp lyla was not there "perhaps she was still hunting" he thought

Vetras Kilethe
Continent: (whatever we end up calling C1) Region: Cautre

Vetras woke up, his new tome staring him in the face. "I give up..." He sat up in his bed . "I just can't decipher any of this. It's too dam-" He stops himself from swearing now beginning to realize how much his training partner began to influence him. He grabs his glass of water and begins getiing out of his bed.

Luckily for him, he got up just before his personal alarm clock would wake him up this day. "Master Vet- Oh, you are awake." The blonde haired count was the one to brief him this morning, as he was the morning before, and the one before that.. "You have a day with your fiance. At the evening, the king has aught to ask you"

"Yeah I know, though I didn't choose her.." Vetras stands as the count clothes him. "I'vent yet had a choice as to how I wanted to live, and I don't doubt the same of my death.." The count made a noise of sympathy he then told Vetras that it was the life of one born by nobility, to which the prince responded with closed eyes. When done dressing Vetras the count opened the door.

"Will you be on your way?" The way the count said it made Vetras cringe a little bit; It was menacing, not in the least being the usual joking tone that he'd gotten used to getting from the count. Vetras assumed him being in a bad mood and simply thanked the count. The count looked with a confused face then replied with "You're welcome, dear prince".

After Vetras got downstairs and briefly ate breakfast he went outside to lay in the flower field, but was interrupted by his "soon to be", Elena.
"Vetra', Hello" stood Vetras's pre-chosen bride over him. She sat down next to where he was lying down with a subtle smile. "It's good to see you today" Vetras wondered why she was here so early, but instead he just gave a minor reply. "Vetra'-"

"It's Vetras" Vetras says interrupting her, due to his compulsive nature.

"Oh, oh! I'm sorry" Elena bows her head. "I'm sorry I keep calling you that, I'd be annoyed too if you called me of El, or Elen" They sat quietly for a while. "When we finally do get married, and take the throne, do you know what the first course of action will be? I'd like to know whether I'll be one of those work-less or hard at work, type of queens." Vetras closed his eyes in disgust. This was one reason Vetras didn't like her, It always seemed like she worried more about becoming queen than their relationship in general. He turns to his side, stating that it doesn't matter.

Vetras shoos away a bug. "It's not like there's a war around here, It's too peaceful for monarchy... It's boring."

"But without a ruler, all law will crumble." Elena says reassuring him.

"You think I don't know that?" Vetras turned again, his back now on the ground, and looks to the sky. "I'd rather my brother being alive, at least he wouldn't mind being bored out of his mind, playing chess all the time.

"You're horrible, Vetras. You aren't supposed to whine over such minor factors, it's not kingly."

That response angers Vetras to a degree, it was like she didn't just hear the word death. Death wasnt just a "minor factor." "And constantly criticizing the "soon to be king" let alone you current fiance isn't very queenly, Lady Elena." Vetras stays quiet for a while before apologizing and getting up. "My father wanted me, so this is bye for today, See you." Vetras walks back inside.

Aila stops again. This was getting her no where really, and she figured now was as good a time as any to stop. She starts climbing down, since she figured there was a small stream nearby. She reaches a point where in order to get lower, she'll need to jump from the branch she was in to another lower one that honestly didn't look very far away. However, she must have miscalculated the distance and instead of making the jump, she missed it by about a foot or two. She manages to sort of catch herself on a lower branch, but only to slow herself down, as she let go of it and landed in some bushes about ten feet below. Enough to break her fall, but not a lot. She felt a sharp pain in her shoulder, but it wasn't broken. "It's probably dislocated. That wouldn't surprise me..." She says, not moving from her position in the bushes. She'd give it a few minutes. I've been talking to myself a lot lately. That's probably not healthy.

As they rode along Aia pulled out her lute and started to sing loudly, trying to take her mind off of the morning.

Anthony, Anthony
Oh, he said he can't love me
But I think he can

Yes, I think he can
I told him that just before he ran
Just before he ran

Mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm
And he's not lookin' back

He's not lookin' back
Cause he doesn't want anything I have
Or anything I am

Anthony, Anthony
Oh, he said he can't love me
Anthony

Once she cut off the final note, she shivered in the sudden silence. "So, umm, what kind of powers do you want?" she asked, trying to make conversation.

((Lyrics belong to Nickel Creek))

Status
Not open for further replies.