The Unclaimed World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante did as the faun requested dropping his weapon which was only a stick but then he jumped when he heard the voice of a girl still young with age and realized he was trapped wondering if they were together he started to panic thinking of ideas to escape because he was new to this place he did not know of the peace within this land. Instead of running he decided to state his name "I am Dante Alighieri of Florence i am injured and need help could both of you young lady's please not harm me for i have done no sin." he slowly started to back away.

Aia nudged Lano in the sides with her knees and he gave an indignant huff towards the Trendon and went back to grazing as Aia slipped off his back. "You may call me Aia," she replied, her eyes still narrowed suspiciously.

Ok last post for about an hour

Zie lowerd his hands and spoke softly" thank you, now I am going to ask to stay with the two of you as I am injured. I mean you both no harm so please take me in"

Seriven

The harpy acknowledged the responses of both the people, while Merle kept herself behind him. Their responses seemed genuine, and from how they reacted, they didn't seem too bad. The girl with the ears and tail seemed a little pissed off, but some people were just like that. He found that his wing had splayed itself out behind the girl a tad. He wasn't sure why; just instinct to protect what or who he had with him.

Seriven heard the man speak again, inviting himself and Merle over for him to help. He glanced down at the little girl and asked her quietly, "Are you okay with us going with him to find your parents?"

She glanced towards the man doubtfully, but then looked back up at Seriven and nodded, taking his hand again.

The harpy stood tall again and grinned crookedly, saying, "Help's appreciated." The two strode near to him, and nearer to the girl on her horse. Horse, he thought. It looks like some type of mixture of a ram, or goat, and a horse. It's coat was too shaggy to be that of a normal horse, at least. He found himself wondering, but quickly pulled out of the mindset. That was something to ponder on later.

Before he could speak again, something crashed into the ground, making Merle squeak in surprise. He quickly crouched into a defensive stance, one wing flaring out around the little girl. His mind screamed danger, and his eyes brightened in case protection would be necessary. However, the girl on the horse took care of it, and he straightened slowly, wing still flared.

While the girl and the other person chatted, he glanced to the other man and spoke quietly, "I'm Seriven, by the way. I don't think I managed to catch your name the first time." He grinned in as friendly a manner as he could, hoping that wasn't too awkward for him.

- | -

ναєяєи

She spun at the sound of another voice, a female voice, unsheathing her dagger quickly again. She heard the clatter of the injured man's sword drop, and she kept a sharp eye on both him and the sound. Through the trees, she saw an armored woman, definitely the source of the voice. She slowly straightened again. Her weapon wasn't drawn, so that's what really mattered. She glanced towards the injured man, who was now backing away in apparent fear.

Vae glanced towards the woman and said, "If you aren't here to on-look a healer doing their job, I'd suggest that you leave." Though it was polite, it held a cold tone underneath that reaffirmed her words. She hoped the woman would simply leave; if she allowed a broken wrist to not go treated for much longer, it would start to heal in it's broken state, and she'd have to re-break it in order to properly brace it.

She honestly didn't want to do that.​

Scoffing, Aia rolled her eyes. "Oh look, the bard has now become a nurse!" She pulled her lute out of it's case and began to strum a few chords before starting to sing.

Oh the bird man fell out of the sky,
and expected the people to help.
But the people, they saw him a threat,
and so they ignored the poor whelp.

For the men who are birds find no sympathy here,
and I hope that my message has been loud and clear.
For the bird men shall not have my aid.

Aia finished with a loud strum, and then bowed and put her lute back in it's case.

Dante was very grateful for the fauns mercy but was still rather confused how this was he had never seen a faun talk to a human before let alone a faun and a human in the same place. he said to the faun "if she would like to stay she may do as she pleases she seems to be no threat if she needs a companion i shall leave with her if she bothers you"

Amarok dipped his head and grinned toothily at the pair, his gaze going soft and somewhat curious at the sight of the little girl. His father would be able to find her parents with ease as long as he knew that it was Amarok to send the girl. This was taking up a bit too much of his time, but he'd spare a minute or two to make sure the little girl was safe before he went off on his journey with Othen and the peculiar kell girl. "This is my home. If I didn't offer help, I wouldn't be a very good host, now would I?" And Iluti were big on making grand, pleasant impressions on their guests and the occasional stranger. "Amarok."

Amarok knelt down in front of the young girl, distracting her attention away from the man who'd fallen not a moment earlier. "Hello," he greeted. "I know your name, but names are much nicer coming from the one who owns it. Could you tell me yours?"

It was the first step in earning her trust and getting her to follow his directions. She'd be in the city, safe and well taken care of until his father discovered the location of her parents-- if she still had any alive, as finding living relatives was unfortunately not always possible.

A moment later and Amarok's draken, Othen, sauntered towards them with an air of grace, his spined head held high above the reset of them. Othen was regal in both appearance and demeanor, scales gleaming brightly in the light and wing-arms flared outward for what Amarok knew was show. He'd always been a show off.

Last edited:
Aia spared the girl a glance, stepping forward towards Amarok. "So how do you know her name?" she whispered, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand and stifling a yawn. Usually this would be the point where she settled down to sleep in an inn or her canvas tent.

" well if you shall not aid me the i shall enter the city and find aid there, but befor I got I must ask, amarok, were are you heading"

Aia stared at the Trendon for a moment and then sighed. "Okay, okay, you've guilt-tripped me. I'll help, but I have zero medical knowledge and the only thing I can do is sing sarcastically." She sat down with a huff in the grass, leaning back and yawning again. Lano lay down behind her and she scooted back so she as propped up against his fluffy side.

"Seeing as we will probably be here for a while," she said with a small smirk, "I think I'll relax for a moment." The grass was slightly damp beneath her, but it was also soft, and Lano made the best pillow a girl could ask for. Aia reached behind her into the saddle bag, and pulled out a wooden pipe instrument. Taking a short, deep breath, she put her mouth to the top and began to play quietly, the rjoran closing it's eyes as she did so.

Amarok fixed Aia with a lazy gaze, cocking a brow in question. "The feathered one said it. I simply remembered it," he said, like it was completely obvious. Maybe he was the only one paying any attention anymore, with this new stranger lying half dead on the ground. Speaking of which, he didn't remember giving his name to this fallen newcomer, nor did he mention that he was heading anywhere. His mouth opened to speak, left gaping for a moment while he thought of the words. "Can't enter the city without royal permission, and... where I was heading is none of your business."

At least Othen was here-- the only one of this rag-tag group of people that truly understood him. He stroked under the draken's chin and settled down as well to plan out his route. "I can say, however, that I'm heading south from here, down that path and into the valley. All of you are welcome to join me, if you'd like. You'll just have to keep up."

Keep up and understand that, while he was pleasant now, he'd change over the course of the journey, and upon reaching the first pillar of light, he'd be a completely different person. Selfish maybe, despite how horrible that sounded to him. He laid out the cloth map across the grass and with a simple inky brush, charted his preferred route.

Aia stopped playing and stood up to study the map over his shoulder. "So we will be traveling quite a distance, it seems. How many days do you expect this to take?"

She yawned again, then blinked, trying to stay awake. She wasn't too keen on the idea of more people, as it would make it much harder to escape before they reached the pillar...

" ah, you seemed like you were going somewhere soon, and thank you aia" he sat down as well pulling out a rock and begining to sharpen his blades

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't believe I did anything," Aia replied. "Well, yet, anyway," she added, looking over at him. "Though I don't make promises. It seems like they're always broken."

She turned back towards the map, studying the rivers, forests, and paths, and planning any potential escape routes along the way. "If I cut through the trees heading east from any point on the path, I should end up at the river," she murmured quietly.

Amarok calculated the number in his head, his eyes roaming over the soft planes and inky rivers on the map. "Three or four days, tops. Maybe less if we move quickly and only stop to rest every once in a while." Even faster if he road alone atop Othen, but the company of these others would be safer than to go alone. "We'll follow the path until the second night. By then we'll have cross from the valley to the plains, and diverge from the path to go west. That's where I'm headed-- and I'd assume the rest of you are, as well."

Othen rumbled and rested his head in the grass, white smoke rising from his nostrils. Amarok rested a hand on the draken's head to assure him that he would only accompany them for half the journey, as Othen did not like leaving the territory. "Once everyone is ready, we can get going. I'd suggest we move before the sun reaches it's peak."

And he folded the map up into a neat cloth square, tucking it neatly into his pouch. A cloak would have been good to drape across his exposed shoulders when the sun came out, to prevent burning, but if he focused enough it would be just warmth on his back. Iluti didn't often wear much clothing anyway, so getting a cloak without being noticed would have been difficult.

Aia nodded. "I'm ready at any moment," she replied. "And I believe that I will just follow you for the time being. It's not as though I have anything else to do." And that was true. She didn't have a real home, as she had just been wandering for the last three years. No one ever requested that she come somewhere, she just showed up in a town, stayed for a few days, and then was gone.

She nudged Lano with her foot. "Come on, sleepy, wake up." The animal grudgingly stood up and shook his head, grey wooly fur poofing up around him.

Lyla stood behind the greenery waiting for a response when a deep voice, coming from the figure, spoke, "I am Dante Alighieri of Florence i am injured and need help could both of you young lady's please not harm me for i have done no sin." "Both of you young ladies?", Lyla thought to herself. Had she missed someone? Was there still a person out there whom she hadn't noticed? Then suddenly, she heard a feminine voice coming from the same direction from where the man stood. "If you aren't here to on-look a healer doing their job, I'd suggest that you leave." Lyla squinted into the darkness and very faintly, she could see a creature. But, it wasn't any ordinary creature. It was a faun! "Hmmm. I haven't seen one personally. I've just heard stories about them." Lyla was disgusted with herself. Being oblivious to the world and the creatures within could easily get herself killed. She didn't know if these beings were peaceful or not. She slowly started to turn to leave when a moment later, Lyla heard the man say to the faun, "If she would like to stay, she may do as she pleases. She seems to be no threat. If she needs a companion I shall leave with her if she bothers you." "Well, he seems friendly," Lyla thought. Lyla called out to both the man and the faun, "I am Lyla Deathheart of Amon and I mean no harm!" Lyla didn't know whether she should take the faun's advice and leave or stay and walk towards them in the distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
After hearing the so called Lyla Deathheart and being healed he started to cautiously back away eventually going into a full on run until he could get to a place he could rest but little did he know that when he was running he was bleeding and left a long dark red path he cursed to himself hating that he had been so reckless so he decided to wait and see what was to happen.

Lyla watched Dante as he sprinted farther into the woods! "Wait!" she began to call. Lyla slowly started to walk over to where Dante had been standing. She stared at the ground which had been covered in a trail of dark red blood. She sighed to herself. "Where could he possibly be off to? Did something scare him? " she thought. Lyla decided to stay quiet in fear of attracting any possible and unwanted attention. She followed the trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.