The Unclaimed World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aia shrugged, her thin shoulders moving up and down beneath her ragged brown cloak. "I assume so, though of course I'm not in charge." She patted Lano's head and adjusted her saddlebags slightly, making sure all the straps were tight.

To Amarok's right, Othen lifted his head and shook the morning dew from his otherwise shining scales. "Right then. We'll begin heading out now. Try not to fall behind-- we don't really have time to wait for stragglers." He spoke reluctantly, his eyes narrowing into uncertain slits as he stared out towards the shaft of glowing light beyond the valley. No doubt he'd feel awful when leaving someone behind, but he wouldn't tie himself down for a stranger, not when so much was at at stake.

He glanced to Aia, "We'll be stopping briefly in a town not far from here for supplies. If you would, while I'm doing this, make sure everyone is under control." He knew her longest-- it couldn't hurt to give her something of a second-in-command role, could it? He sure hoped not.

Amarok pulled himself atop Othen and gripped the spindly whiskers on either side of the draken's head. Othen spread his wings and loosened his jaw to wake himself up, before beginning at a leisurely pace towards the pale road that they would be using as a guide.

Lyla awoke, slowly leaning up on one arm as she brushed her hair back from her face. She looked up to see a cat-like female pinned to the tree with two arrows in her clothing. Lyla was confused. "What had happened while I was sleeping?" she wondered. Lyla looked over at Dante in hopes that he would fill her in on what had just happened. She sat up, sitting cross-legged. She looked over at the fire which must've gone out sometime during the night as it sat there smoldering.

Dante had gone out looking around for food the next morning but he came back empty handed he found lyla was awake looking around mots confused like probably due to the spectacle "morning" he said as he walked over to her keeping an eye on the cat "She was watching us at night caught her after she called to us didn't want to wake you so to be safe i pinned her to the tree waiting for you to awake strange thing she is isn't she "

Aia nodded, swinging herself into the saddle and nudging Lano in the sides. He snorted and began to slowly follow. Rjorans were not meant for speed,they were meant for lasting endurance and sure-footedness that could take them through any terrain.

Well, he trusts me, obviously, Aia thought with a smirk. That would make things so much easier, especially if they decided that guard duties would be necessary during the night. She didn't even bother to hold onto the reins, Lano would continue down the path until she said otherwise, and the saddle would keep her in place.

Instead she took her lute out of it's case and began to gently strum it, letting the melody flow through her fingers before beginning to sing in a quiet voice.
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger
I'm traveling through this world of woe
Yet there's no sickness, toil nor danger
In that bright land to which I go.

Aila didn't really sleep much that night, but she did eventually doze off after a while. When she woke up the following morning, she had to take a moment to remember why she was pinned to a tree with arrows. She was going to be quiet while Dante explained, but that idea was short-lived. "You know, I'm not deaf..." She said, her ears folded back.

"Morning" Lyla replied to Dante. She rubbed her eyes and stood up, wiping her clothing with her hands. She peered at the cat-like female, studying her closely. "Yes, I suppose she's kind of strange." Lyla said with an inquisitive look on her face. "Who are you?" Lyla asked the female. She glanced at Dante and then back to the female, waiting for a response.

"It's finally quiet." Vetras sat atop of the castle's southern curtain wall. It was nice to get away from all the noticement and commotion for once. As he then laid down Vetras tried to remember his brother. "It's been a while... twenty-one years..." Vetras looked towards the clouds to distract himself from those melancholiac thoughts, now beginning to doze off. He would've fallen asleep too if it weren't for a "childhood friend" of his.

"Yo! Vetras!" She called up to him.

"Hmm? Suoirren?, What do you want?" Vetras sat back up, rubbing his eyes.

"You weren't staring at the darn sun were ya?... My dad, uh, I mean Sir Jeonne wanted me to call for you, I've been looking for you for hours!" Vetras doesn't reply, He instead stands up and waves his hand left and right. "Wha? What's that supposed to mean!" Suoirren starts getting worked up.

"Stop being so hot headed, I'll get down." Vetras recklessly hops down, and promptly gets scolded by Suoirren. She yells and rambles about his previous health issue, though Vetras doesn't pay attention. "Oh, I am truly sorry, I didn't know I had a red headed mom too." Suoirren briefly shows anger and grabs his wrist, bringing her face close to his.

"You're damn lucky you're a prince you damned hobgoblin, get it together... Damn it." She starts dragging Vetras to the training grounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
dante had heard the cat but still ignored her but due to his lack of sleep and irritated mind he had to respond to the cat "And you know i dont give a fuck cat. anyway what should we do with it?" he asked in a rather angry tone

Lyla continues to study the girl for a moment. "She hasn't seemed to try to harm either of us.. I feel like we should let her go, except, I don't know if she'll be peaceful with us or not.." Lyla says to Dante. "Let's not harm her.." Lyla definitely did not feel like the girl deserved a death punishment let alone any injuries. "Girl," Lyla called out, "do you know of anyone who could possibly teach me how to learn the arts of firebending?" Lyla figured, while this cat-like female was still around, she should probe her for any useful knowledge that she may know of.

"My name's Aila." She replies, "And I'm afraid I don't..." Her ears were still folded back, but it was more because she didn't like how Dante was talking to her than anything else. She felt better about the woman though. "Not unless you haven't been to the light beacons. I'm sorry..." She finishes, looking back at the ground.

The sun was rising slowly, and if Amarok wanted to get out of here before his father or mother found out, they needed to leave. He whistled sharply, thick white smoke huffing from between his teeth in anticipation. Firebreathing was a natural part of Iluti physiology, but if he reached these pillars of light and absorbed their magic, that very same fire that he spouted from his lungs would bend to his will. His mastery of the element was the last thing for him to achieve before he could truly become a ruler of their kingdom,. And while Amarok was in no rush to take on that responsibility, he would finally be able to prove to his parents that he was responsible enough to handle it.

"Follow closely, and keep to the path." And, slowly, Othen sped up, much like a hunting raptor in movement with his head low and tail swaying to keep balance. Othen was fast, very fast indeed, but Amarok wouldn't want to leave the others in the dust.

Within the walls of the Iluti Kingdom, the King of the territory would discover that his son was missing from his bedchamber. He would sigh, shake his head, and return to his own room to let his wife know that their son was off on yet another adventure.

She would probably scream.

Aia felt Lano speed up beneath her but continued playing. She was used to traveling, and had been riding Lano for almost two years now. Before that, she had mainly walked, though that had kept her from traveling long distances. A soft wind blew by her face as the sun began to peek over the treeline, and she stopped playing for a moment to slip her cloak off of her shoulders and tuck it neatly into one of her bags. Her tail twitched slightly in the sunlight, and she rubbed her hand up and down it, feeling the thick scar at the base from when she had tried to cut it off. It still stung occasionally, along with the brand on her shoulder, but she was no stranger to pain.

Aia ran a hand through her long, white hair before beginning to play her music once more.

" Fire cant be controlled its that simple the only thing that can truly contain fire is hell itself and even then its trying to get out and as for you my furry little friend you shall be let go but you make a single move on her i will take this knife and slit your throat i bet you'd make a nice meal " he felt bad for what he had said but for right now all he could think of was the need to repay lyla and what the fuck to do with his life right now he had no friends no family and especially no loved ones so he wasn't in much of a mood to be friendly to any one right now however much he felt bad he had something else stewing an idea a feeling something he hadn't felt for a long time

Lyla looks at Aila, noticing that her ears are folded back. Lyla looks back at Dante, listening to him speak. Lyla felt bad for Aila. She stepped a little closer to where Aila was pinned to the tree and removed the two arrows that was stuck through her clothing. Lyla backed away slowly, waiting for Aila's reaction. "You're free to go." Lyla said to her.

Zie walking along side aia and amarok looks at a atom and asks" when we sleep shall we be guarding our camp if so I vole terra to go first night, and if not, I did learn a small amount of witchcraft in my town befor being chased out. I would be able to cloak us if you would wish that, eigther or"

After quite some time Dante decided to go and climb a tree he sat there quietly staring at the dark clouds above he was tired and all in all quite depressed and little did he know he looked it as-well his eyes were sorrowful and full of hate his limbs were limp and skinny and yet something about him gave him strength he felt bad for the cat and he really didnt want anything to happen to her but all he could do now was sit and think

Aila stands up quickly, which didn't make much of a difference height-wise. "Thank you," She says. She turns and climbs up into the tree. Yeah, it probably did make it look like she was running away, which she was. But she was glad to be free. She goes on for a while before stopping to rest.

Lyla looked up at Dante who was sitting in a tree. His face displayed a sad, forlorn, and far away expression. "Poor guy," she thought. She scratched the back of her neck, not knowing whether she should leave the man to be by himself for a while or to go up and try to comfort him. Lyla had plans to find a clean water source somewhere and didn't know if she should go ask Dante if he wanted to come with her or not. She knew for one thing that she was thankful to have him as a comrade. She could've been killed in her sleep if it hadn't been for him. She made sure she had all of her things gathered before she took off to find water. She glanced up at Dante, hoping to catch his gaze. Then she turned and headed east.

Dante saw lyla leave "she must think im a idiot" he thought he couldn't help but feel a need to follow her he decided to stay however and watch the cat. it had been hours and dante had wondered if she had just left so he eventually decided to go and find her he had been travelling for quite some time she was very good at leaving no trace but eventually he went around a tree and found her at perfectly clean lake probably on 5 or so feat deep but wide enough for a small whale to live in it he did not wish to disturb her so he climbed a tree and sat down for a while to rest from his wounds dante had always loved trees

Status
Not open for further replies.