The Theif's Prize

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyy shrugs. "I have no clue. Any ideas on how to get them to not involve the town?" He walks back to his place with her.

"If I had an idea, I would be on my way home, trying out that idea." She said as she walked over to the place. She tapped her chin, trying to think of something.

Kyy laughs. "Good point." When they get back he grabs a couple towels. He starts hanging them up. "There, you have your own little room for while you're here."

Hannah chuckled as he did that. "Thank you." She said, smiling. She felt a sudden chill and shivered, her powers getting mad. There was a reason Hannah's parents had to ban the magic users. If they didn't use their powers for more than twenty four hours, they would start to react badly either internally or externally. It led to many deaths.

Kyy looks at her. "Powers getting to ya? Why not put out the fire for me?" He lights the fire and smiles.

Hannah smiled and nodded her thanks before carefully taking off her gloves. She took a deep breath and focused. Just put out the fire, she thought. Just... Ice covered the entire fireplace, surprising Hannah. She quickly put the gloves back on, apologizing profusely to Kyy for messing up.

He laughs. "No worries. It may take time to get used to them." He puts his hand to the fireplace, holding a flame ther to melt the ice.

Hannah sighed as she sat down on the floor. "This whole me having powers thing still confuses me... why wouldn't I have used them before? I mean, I've read that magic users would start being able to use their powers unconsciously at the age of three."

"Maybe you have the mentality of a three year old?" He smiles jokingly. "But seriously, I don't know... maybe your parents had some other way to supress it?"

Hannah thought about it. "I read a book once about a strange stone that could suppress any magical powers. However, if you have a strong magic user, you need to keep them almost covered in the stone to keep the powers from sneaking out." She said, pulling off her glove and making a few snowflakes. She smiled when she succeeded at only making the few, not a whole storm.

Kyy smiles. "Think maybe that's why they kept you in your room?"

Hannah blinked. "You know... It all actually makes sense now." She thought about it. Her parents always seemed tense around her... She understood now exactly why they acted that way.

Kyy smiles. "Your room must be made of it... wait. I've seen the material the floor is made of. Its the same as the tunnel. There's a ton in there."

"Why do you think that is?" Hannah asked, curious as to why the floor would be that material. She chewed on her lip, an old habit of hers.

"The only thing I can think of is they knew you had powers." He looks at the fireplace and stops his fire, as its already thawed.

"And yet they still banned magic users... Because that was after I was born when they made that decree..." Hannah tapped her chin, unsure what to think. "So, in technical terms, we should be sent away from the kingdom with nothing but a loaf of bread and a flask of water."

"Nope." Hannah said, looking out the window. She tapped her foot, nervous. "Though, my parents are going to have to confront the fact that their daughter is something they seem to hate..." She pulled a glove off and tapped the window, creating little patterns with the ice. It was fun and she was happy that her powers weren't completely freezing the thing over.

He smiles. "Okay." He walks up and watches her. "Pretty."

Hannah blushed and smiled. "Thank you." She nodded before noticing something outside. There was a royal soldier riding down the streets. He seemed to be looking for something. She quickly pulled the curtains.

Status
Not open for further replies.