The Theif's Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyy can't help but laugh too. "You know... You look better without that thing." He picks it up and hands it to her.

Hannah tried to reach to grab it, but she was still tied up. The ice had done nothing in helping her get out of the ropes that were starting to make her arms and wrists red. "Thanks..." She said, looking down a bit.

He nods. "You're welcome." He unties the ropes. "If you try running you're getting tied up again."

Hannah rubbed her wrists before putting the crown back on. "I'd be stupid to run now." She replied, looking around the place they were in. She wondered when her parents would notice her gone. If they noticed, that was. They only cared when the guards told them she was out of her room.

"I'll bring this note tomorrow." He points to the bed. "If you're tired." He sits down again.

Hannah nodded and walked over to the bed. As soon as she touched it, it froze over. She jumped back, surprised and a bit nervous. She honestly did not mean to freeze over the bed. She just wanted to sleep... Why was this happening to her?

Kyy laughs and walks over. He lights the fireplace, which was a few feet from the bed. "Give it a moment and it should thaw out." He sits down near the fireplace.

Hannah nodded before moving her hands to her chest, unsure of what to do. She noticed a pair of gloves near the bed and rubbed her hands. "Is... is it alright if I borrow those gloves. I used to see other... users use them to help keep their powers in check." She was scared that her powers would spark something else again.

Kyy nods. "Keep them. I have a couple pairs." He lies back, enjoying the warmth of the fire.

Hannah nodded before grabbing the gloves and putting them on. She shivered a bit and sat by the fire, cold even though she had some control over ice.

"Hopefully you'll get to go home tomorrow." He pulls up a blanket and covers up with it. "I'm gunna go to sleep. Night."

"Goodnight..." Hannah said, waiting for the bed to finish thawing. She wondered if she wanted to go home. She just sat in her room all day... She didn't do anything productive. What good would it be for her to come home?

Kyy wakes up a half hour later. "Still up huh? What's on your mind?" He sits up and sighs.

"Huh?" Hannah asked. "Oh, nothing. I'm just waiting for the bed to defrost a bit more..." She looked over at the bed and saw it was already defrosted completely, but paid that no mind. She just continued to stare into the fire.

Kyy shrugs. He stares into the fire too and sighs. "So what's it like living at the castle? Seems like the life to me but I can't really say for sure..."

"Well... you're fed well, given anything you could want, and have the best of the best. However, it is little more than a prison for most of the residents." Hannah said, staring at the fire. "You marry a complete stranger, are forced to make difficult decisions that will impact everyone and are never allowed out of the castle in fear of being assassinated."

Kyy laughs. "Sorry. I know it's not funny. It's just... go figure. There's problems even there. Ya know?" He sighs.

"Yeah. You know, I've never been outside my room before today." Hannah said, taking off her crown and looking at it. It seemed strange to her. This small thing that her parents told her to wear with pride now made her feel even more outcast...

Kyy looked at her. "Really? That's just... weird. Not trying to be rude..." He smiles. "How about this. When we get up, I'll give you a tour of the town. Maybe then you can see the world through my eyes."

Hannah frowned. "Wouldn't the people be able to tell I'm at least someone important from my clothes?" She asked, tilting her head. What he was suggesting sounded exciting, but it could also be extremely dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.