Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeth bit his bottom lip trying to hold in a laugh. "It's either you have gone bonkers and have found some way to project your illusions onto everyone in the Tavern thus making everyone here insane or...no one is crazy at all and there is in fact a weird child and a talking jelly cube present. If you ask me I think it's the first option." He cracked a smile. And as he went to turn around his tail followed causing a glass on the counter to topple over. "Shoot." He rushed to catch the glass before it could fall on the ground and used the cloth he had to wipe up the spill. That hadnt happened in a while. He turned back to Leah. "But things sure do seem to be taking a turn for the stranger. Next we'll be expecting pixies and giants and unicorns."

Leah's eyebrows twitched in surprise, usually Zeth had control over his tail. And when the word pixies was mentioned she couldn't help but show her displeasure. It wasn't that she was afraid of pixies, she just found them a nuances. Last time she had to deal with pixies, their tiny moth like wings made her sneeze up a storm. They weren't evil, just annoying little buggers. Unlike fairies, whom she found to be nobler and well cleaner.

"Pixies, I'd rather take giants over pixies. At least they know how to party and will think twice about where they step." she picked up a mug and filled it. Setting it out on the counter, while signaling for a waiter to take it to a customer who was in need of a refill.

Slick heard the to people calling him a jelly and bubbled up with fury. "IM A SLIME NOT A JELLY! ITS NOT THAT HARD!" He shouted at the rude humanoids. Calming hisself down he faced the woman in before him and, a politely as a annoyed, insulted, and tired slime could, he asked, "Hello there miss. Could I have a bottle of Black Torrent Wine? A friend of mine told me this is one of the few taverns that serve it." He looked up at the lady with pleading eyes, waiting for a answer.

Still kneeling beside the disgruntled slime, Sheila turned towards Leah, so that the slime could not see her face, as it was going red from her holding back her laughter. "Umm... Leah... This guy wants some Black Torrent Wine... Do we stock that...?" She turned back to the slime and, still smiling helplessly, tried to continue conversation. "Hey... Do you wanna be lifted onto a chair or something?"

Leah giggled, she felt slightly bad for doing so. But the little upset slim just looked to adorable to her. Plus, the look on Shelia's face was the breaking point as she let out a full hearty laugh. She could feel her eyes water a little, she took a breath but her voice still held laughter to it.

"A now that would be a rather expensive drink, Shelia. But, yes we do have such a drink here." she was all smiles as she spoke.

Zeth immediately positioned himself in front of the Slime cube. A customer was a customer and an unhappy one made for a failing business. He slightly bowed his head to the cube."My most sincerest apologies noble slime, I did not wish to offend you. I would gladly offer to pay for your first order as a way of asking forgiveness." As a Incubus Zeth did know his way with words, they had gotten him Iinto and out of many things after all.

Slick blushed at the sudden kindness he was being shown and remembered Noxel's words, 'Nowadays a proper gentleman is hard to come by, it's up to people like you and me to keep chivalry alive.' He felt ashamed for being so rude and apologized for his outburst. "There's no need for you to pay friend I've been supplied with plenty of money. Also how much is a room here? I've been told to wait for a friend of mine."

Last edited by a moderator:
fluffy fluffy fluffy
The chant was ongoing in his head.
fluffy fluffy fluffy
Gone was the headache (from both his head and his memories), now all that remained was the desire to latch onto the
fluffy fluffy fluffy
muscular man-cow.
fluffy fluffy fluffy
Something was shouting over to the right somewhere.
fluffy fluffy fluffy
Something about slime.
...slime
He stops and turns his head slowly to see the source of the commotion.
A small green cube that looks somewhat slimy.

It was talking.

I like this place. It's fun. Fluffy and slimey, whatever next.

He went right up to the fluffy-man and, slowly, stroked his tail.

''...so fluffy.''

While dealing with Lance, Deorum noticed that the tavern had become filled with strange new customers. Taking note of the fact that the slime cube was getting adequate attention, he decided that he'd have to deal with the child. Deorum approached the child straight faced and mannerly, nodding apologeticly at the minotaur that was being harassed.

"Excuse me, young one." Deorum said, addressing the kid. "I don't believe this establishment serves children, so I'm afraid you'll have to leave."

Looking around and seeing no parents, Deorum leaned down beside the child, his warm expression changing slightly. "Where are your parents?" He asked sympathetically. "Are you lost?" He asked again, a bit of hurt sounding in his voice. His face had gone back to that completely unreadable expression that he was becoming known for.

Shaking his head, Deorum continued. "You shouldn't be bothering the customers like this," he started. "Let's go find your parents." He put his hand on the child's, ceasing his petting of the minotaur's tail.

''BAD TOUCH, BAD TOUCH!''
He did not know who this guy was, but no one touched Rex the Remnant.
He turned to face his attacker, his mind racing, blood pumping and muscles bulging.
Unfortunately, due to his rapid excitement and turn a combination of both too much force in the turn and too little tricycle seat to sit on, he fell off.
Ah, old friend, we meet again.
Wait, did he mention my...

The pulsating start again, he curled into a ball on his side and tried to stop himself from crying out.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Aren't you a difficult one." Deorum said, standing up straight. "I think I have an idea..." he reluctantly lifted the tricycle off of the ground and onto his shoulder. Smiling at the boy, Deorum began to walk off towards the staff room at the back and of the bar with his shiny new tricycle.

Not my tricycle. Not the tricycle.
''
NOT MY TRICYCLE!'' he screamed out. Within seconds he was in front of the thief.
No one can stand against the might of the T-rex
and no one stole his tricycle.

''Put
it
down
please.''

Deorum opened the door to the backroom and put the tricycle down inside, leaving the door open for the boy to go in and retrieve it. He stood just inside the room, holding the handle of the door with a mischievous smile on his face. "You can have your tricycle back." Deorum said with a friendly tone. "It's right in here."

Rex looked at the tricycle, then at the adult.
How stupid does he think I am?
Rex stood, looking at the adult.
''What's your name?''
You're not trapping me in a room. I'm here for a reason, and I won't be stopped.
Of the tricycle was the price to pay, then it was forfeit. He had other means of getting around (two strong legs, for a start), and other ways of getting what he needed.
''I won't go in the room. I want my tricycle but if you want to get rid of me it'll take more than a simple trick. Do I look like I was born yesterday?''

"Not yesterday," Deorum replied with a grin. "I'd say about 5 years back." He glanced back in the room, then at the boy, and sighed. Moments later he came out with the tricycle, placing it on the ground.

"My name's Deorum." He stated, his face factual and serious. He stood up straight, looking down at the boy. "Mind if I ask what your name is? And why you're here? If you know, that is."

''The name's Rex. Rex the Remnant. Nice to meet you Deoao....Deorum.''
He went up to his tricycle and brushed off it's handlebars.
Together again. Now the hard part.
He looked Deorum in the eye. he wanted him to understand that this was no lie of his, no joke or any sort of mischief.
''I'm the Remnant, the last, so I've come here to join my family.
I've come to die.''

The Minotaur had jumped at the stroking of his tail, grumbling when he turned around after ignoring it, in order to address the person. The little tricycle kid was sitting on his vehicle and was talking like a kid who had a severe imagination. In honesty it creeped him out just a little bit.
"What the hell is that kid sayin, and why the hell did he touch me?" He asked calmly, although most of this Remnant business had him a bit on edge.

"I haven't a clue." Deorum said in response to the minotaur's question. His face remained in it's expressionless state as Deorum kneeled down beside Rex and returned his gaze. "You've come to die?" His eyes quickly fluttered over to Leah's, then back to the kid's. "The remnant..." he repeated, thinking out loud. "So you want to die because you're alone? You've lost your family?"

Deorum shook his head. "I can't help you if I don't understand."

''My family has moved on. Slaughtered by someone for some reason. I was told I am the Remnant. I know that means I'm the last, but I can't...''
Tears began to form on the cusps of his eyelids, his gaze not in the present, but in the past. He watched them die again [BCOLOR=#ff0000](RAGE)[/BCOLOR], and again [BCOLOR=#ff0000](RAGE)[/BCOLOR]
and again [BCOLOR=#ff0000](RAGE)[/BCOLOR]
and again [BCOLOR=#ff0000](RAGE)[/BCOLOR]
each time he was just too small, too weak, too meaningless to help them. After the fire had taken his home, he had been found on his tricycle miles away, naked. The couple who found him looked after him,[BCOLOR=#ff0000](RAGE)[/BCOLOR] but he had soon moved on. Now he was here. He couldn't save his family.[BCOLOR=#ff0000](RAGE)[/BCOLOR]
He couldn't ...
''I..just want my Mum and Dad...I NEED THEM! I'M A KID! I NEED MY MUM AND DAD! I...I want to die because that way, I won't grow up with out them. We can be together again.
I'm not afraid anymore. Fire can't feel fear.
If I'm left to burn alone, who knows who I might hurt...
I don't wanna hurt anyone. I just want my Mum to hold me and my Dad to tell me stories.''

Leah watched the interaction between the child and Deorum. She had just about had enough of the screaming child, she made her way to Deorum's. She noticed the look he gave her and she too had to admit this child was estranged. Leah did not leave the bar but instead got as close as she could to them.

"He is looking to die? hmmm, to bad and we just made a wonderful new dessert made just a few minutes a go. That are only meant for children, but since he is looking to die, maybe I should just wait for another child to come along." she leaned against the counter and rested her chin on her hand. She a huffed, her cheeks puffed out in disappointment.

She looked over at Deorum, she gave him a nod. Trying to get him to follow her lead, she wanted to the child down.

Status
Not open for further replies.