The Sleepy Tavern

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Favorite drink?

• Fruity

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Belly Burning

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Sweet n' Salty

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Throat on Fire

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, now that's new." Leah looked down at the little room. "I must stay, being able to do that must come in handy." she continued to stare inside for few moments longer. "Ah yes! you wanted a bottle of Black Torrent Wine, right?" Leah crouched down out of view, she ducked walked a few steps to the left until she was in front of a locked cabinet. Of course, the locked cabinet would open for her though.

When she came back up, in her hand was the bottle Slick had requested. "Zeth wanted to purchase this for you, so I guess this bottle is free to you. I gotta say your lucky, this stuff isn't cheap." she placed the bottle in front of Slick. "So, if your not going to drink it. Do you have a request for another drink?"

"Got it!" he grunted, taking a last step before lowering the table onto the stage. His arms felt as if they would fall off, but he was happy enough to transport four patrons from one end of the tavern to the other.
"Thats it folks!" He announced, flexing and posing next to the table. It was a vain gesture, but he wished to get one last 'ah' from the crowd before he sat back down in his stool.

"No thank you. Alcohol and slime really don't mix." After taking the bottle and placing it inside, Slick tapped one of the room walls with his wand, shrinking it to nothing. "As for the pocket dimension, it's nothing impressive really. My friend Noxel told me how to do it and it's the weakest form of the spell. If your interested, he could probably teach you within a day."

"Really now? I may just take you up on that offer. I could always use a place to store secured items." she looked over at the stage with relief. "Noxel, that name sounds familiar."

Leah paused for a moment thinking if she could recall where she had heard the name. But at last, it wasn't coming to her. "Well anyways we as serve non-alcoholic drinks, I make a tasty honey tea or perhaps there is something else you would like?"

~~~~

Emma squealed with excitement when the table was set down with a thumb on the stage. "Wow Ferdinand! your so strong!" she hopped off the table oozing with bubbly attitude.

She turned to crowd and grinned "Wasn't that amazing!? Now whose next loves? or does Ferdinand win?" Emma placed her hands on her hips waiting for a response.

"Hold that thought..." Slick slid in front of the stage and started jumping up and down, yelling "Me! Me!"

Emma looked down, her eyes widen and high pitch squeal of excitement left her lips. "Oh my goodness! you're so adorable!"
She dropped down to her knees and leaned down towards Slick. "Hello there Mister Slime! are you going to try too?" she said sweetly her eyes practically sparkled.

Slick nodded, but inside his thoughts were, 'Oh hells, one of those girls.' He hated it when people called him cute. Of corse it wasn't uncommon, it was nearly impossible for a slime to live life without at least one of these experiences. But his gentleman training taught him to always treat a lady with respect, so he didn't complain. "May I have the stage madam?"

"Oh! But of course!" she stood up and curtsied. "Ok loves, we have our next contestant! Enjoy everyone."
Emma backed up from from the edge of the stage. She made her way off stage and flopped herself onto a chair. Now, that didn't mean the table was unoccupied Emma just didn't take notice or really cared if she was joining the table of unknown individuals.

Slick slid onto the stage and took out his wand, a single green drop of sweat dripped down his back. The last time he used this spell he and Noxel were forced to play ghost hunter for a week. He closed his eyes, a cold wind blew through the tavern, and he whispered the old, mistic words, "You lived for it, you died for it, now come back and let your music flow." At first nothing happened, a unwelcome silence grated against Slick. Until, finally, a trio of young voices floated up and three identical ghost triplet sisters faded into view. Slick looked amazed as ghosts with instruments of every sort shimmered into the tavern. He jumped with glee as they all played in glorious union. "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the Symphony of Souls!"

Cloaked in black robes, a hooded figure silently glided towards the bar, unnoticed by the entranced audience. In a uneasy, hissing like voice, the words fell out of the dark hood,
"What drinks do you have?" The figure looked supernatural, almost as if the light around it was being absorbed

Sheila jumped back in surprise at the sight of the ghostly figures that suddenly filled the bar. One hand fell to her waist in a grabbing motion, but there was nothing to grab. Straightening up and shaking her head, Sheila tried to keep calm as she walked by all of the patrons and up to strange hooded figure.
Smiling uneasily, Sheila introduced herself. "Good evening, s-... uh..." Sheila cut herself off as she realized that she could not tell whether the figure was a man's or a woman's under the dark cloak. Still smiling, she continued. "My name is Sheila. We have all lots of drink here, usual and unusual, natural and otherwise. Is there anything specific you are looking for?"

Rex could not look away from the fluffy man.
He's so strong.
But then the beginning of a bad inkling began to breath warmly on Rex's neck. Something unexpected had come into the bar. Something Red was sure would frighten him. He readied his feet on his tricycle pedals, ready to cycle away if needs be.

"Something supernatural, thank you," the creature croaked. A sigh fell from the spectre as he gently hovered above the seat. "Nice music you have here, when did you start work?" It said, ignoring his hissing voice trying to make talk

Sheila raised one eyebrow in response to the figure's strange request. If he wanted something special, it was clear that she would have to involve Leah. She smiled at the sound of the odd figure's attempt at small talk. "Yes, it is lovely, isn't it?" Sheila's smile wavered for a moment as she was reminded of the fact that the music was coming from those damn phantoms that slick had summoned just moments ago. Shivering, she continued. "I only started work here very recently." Sheila nodded. "Let me go see if I can get that order of yours."
Sheila walked back towards the main bar where Leah was, glaring at the ghostly ensensemble as she passed. Their playing was definitely beautiful, but to her it did not matter. Spirits were not to be trusted. She approached Leah and spoke. "The man under the hood in the back would like something a little special, Leah." Sheila grinned. "I think that's your field of expertise."

Zeth opened the door and returned to the main event. He looked around things had hotten wild in his absence. Tables being lifted. Slimes and alcohol. What was going on, he absolutely loved this place, it was nothing like where he came from. He made his way over to Leah. "What'd I miss?"

Leah looked over at Zeth and smiled, "looks like you had a good break.". She looked back out at the tavern floor, extending her arms out in a flowery manner towards the entertainment.
"Aren't the just lovely? We have our own orchestra at the moment." Her smile was bright, tonights enterainment turned out to be fun. Not only did they have the impressive Minotaur Ferdinland display his amazing strength, but now Slick was providing lovely haunting music. Leah began to sway to the music as she spoke "We are currently having a talent show. And we have a few new patrons looking for service as well. I believe Ferdinland needs a refill, especially after his performance." She continued to sway until someone called for her attention.

~~~~

Leah stopped she swaying and focused in on Shelia, but her hand continued to wiggle and move to the music.
"My expertise you say?" She glanced over at the cloaked figure.
Leah lowered her voice and leaned in so that only Shelia could hear her.
"Please find out which drink they want. Let me know what kind of vib you get from them too. Thank you." She gave no alarmed expression, she was just curious.

Deorum stood leaning against the bar with a comfortable expression on his face. As the ghostly orchestra appeared, his smile became even bigger. He watched each apparition excitedly, clearly impressed by the spectacle. Just then, he overheard Leah mention someone in need of a refill.

After quickly scanning the room to find the Minotaur with the empty glass, he pushed himself off of the bar, retrieved some more of the drink that Leah had prepared for Ferdinand a while back, and headed towards the strong creature.

"That was quite the sight to behold, sir." Deorum said, smiling warmly as he poured the Minotaur another drink. "Your physical capabilities are beyond anything I've seen in a long time." He finished pouring the drink and slid Ferdinand's glass back to within his reach.

Hiya!

Name: Kristine Angelica Pierre
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Species: Winter Angel
Appearance: animegirlangel.jpg

Kristine entered the hole in the wall tavern. It really was tiny, but she enjoyed small buissnesses and longed to see them grow. Her heart filled of purity, well, mainly purity. Some was filled with despair, lonesome, depression. She stared around, then sat down at the bar. When a bartender came over, she said, "Fruity, please. I prefer more grape than the rest.". The bartender came back out with exactly what she ordered, and she tipped him 50 cents. Just before he left to serve another customer, she nodded her head respectfully. Her wings were small, and she loved that, for other angels' wings were huge. Her wings were white, and turned into blue frost on the tips. She was a winter angel, and died in a blizzard. She loved winter, even though she died in the middle of it. She drank the fruit drink, playing around with one of her loose blue pearls on her jet black coat.

Finally the music came to a end with a lovely crescendo and as quickly as they came, the ghosts left. Slick was overjoyed at how he had pulled off the spell perfectly, and bowed happily before returning to his seat. He quickly regarded the angel and said "Oh, hello there. And you are?"

"Kristine, nice to meet you. That was lovely music." she said, regarding that she was listening to the music. "And you?" she asked, a slight smirk on her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.