Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hmm, I'm more of a 'surprise me' type." He said to Leah with a smile before rubbing one if his curved horns absent mindedly.
"But when I say strong, I mean strong." He exaggerated the last strong, and it was true. Regular human liquor was like drinking rain water to him, and in light of current events, he needed a pint of liquid courage that could knock him back a few steps.

Deorum's deep golden eyes locked onto Zeth's own in a weird stare. "I'm starting to consider getting myself a room here. How much would it cost me?" He asked in a monotonous voice. "Also..." he started, his eyes moving over to the 'help wanted' poster near the tavern entrance. "How would I go about applying for one of those positions? It'd be nice to settle down here, at least for a while."

Deorum kept one hand on the beaten guitar case at his side. The other reached into his pocket and pulled out a near empty coin purse. He glanced down at the small leather pouch with the same strange look that he had given Zeth.

"Seeing as how me and Gabriel are the only patrons who actually presented legitimate jokes, I'm going to have to give one point to Gabriel for the ski joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriel snorted and smirked when Zeth asked about his wife. He rolled his eyes and put his hand on his glass, laughing and shaking his head. "Something like that."

Julian contemplated for a few moments before shrugging. "Hey, Bartender? Another whisky, please."

" A strong drink, huh?" Leah stood there pondering on a what she could serve. She could always mix little of the ingredient usually used for a knock out potion, it may not put him under but perhaps it will be just enough to give him a zing. "hmmm... strong drink." she continued to mutter to herself as she thought.

"Oh! I think I have just the thing for strong one like yourself." she stood up quickly and began to grab at various items around the bar. An almost wicked grin shown on her face, which gave her an almost mad look. She turned her back to the Minotaur as she continued to work, not allowing him view of his drink. "So tell me, what brings you to my tavern tonight?" she said to him without looking over her shoulder.

She reached back quickly, grabbing one of her flasks wrapped in fur. "This should do it.." she said while adding 2 drops of the content into a very large stein.
"Aaaaaaaand DONE!" she swirled around placing the stein filled with a dark liquid with a faint woody smell, in front of the Minotaur. "Let's see if this will knock your horns off. I mixed something a little extra in there just for you." She waited to see his reaction.

Sheila entered The Sleepy Tavern absent mindedly with one hand resting near her hip. As she walked in she noticed the poster listing available jobs. Her soft pink lips rised into a charming smile and she walked happily towards the main bar, intent on asking for the position. She had been so low on coin lately, so the possibility of being able to buy an adequete suit of armor to replace the simple, half rusty chainmail she was currently wearing beckoned her. A rather impressive looking silver longsword bounced off of her thigh as she walked. She was beautiful (in spite of the fact that she was covered in dirt and smudges), with a gentle yet strong facial structure, infinitely wavey jet black haired that was, at the moment, tied in a ponytail, and a slim but generous figure.
"Excuse me" Sheila asked the owner of The Sleepy Tavern. "Are those jobs being advertised still available? I'd love to apply."

Zeth rubbed the back of his neck bashfully at Leah's warning of not teasing the staff. Then she mentioned that incident. Oh he had gotten an abundance of energy that day but... the staff were like newborn babies when it came to Zeth then. They were so vunerable, had they really not come across an Incubus before him? He didn't know sending out a small dose of a very watered down hormone would have such an effect. "I won't tease the staff... too much but I still have to eat." He gave a michievious look.

Zeth smiled at Deorum's change of mind. " The price varies with the room and how long you stay. For an accurate price you should check with the owner Leah. I haven't quite memorized the rates as of yet." Zeth saw his eyes move to the help wanted sign. " so your interested in joining us huh?" Deorum turned his eyes bavk on Zeth, a weird look in his eyes. "Im going to direct you to Leah as well, she holds the interviews."

Last edited by a moderator:
Deorum watched as Sheila strutted through the bar and asked for the position out of the corner of his eye. Nodding in response to the info Zeth had given him, he stood and approached Leah as well, keeping enough distance as to allow the two to finish their conversation. He examined Sheila carefully, taking note of everything from her battle ready attire to her beauty. As he waited, Deorum kept one suspicious eye on her.

"I was jus' out lookin' for a place to rest my weary hooves." The minotaur answered before his drink was placed before him, it looked appealing. He grabbed the stein and without a second thought, downed a large gulp of the drink. The wood smell finally caught his nose, a whiff of freshly cut pine, mostly. The liquid didn't burn as he had anticipated, but rather cooled him on the inside, until resting in his stomach with a numb sensation that dissipated over his skin and made his hairs stand on-end.
"Woah, now that is what I asked for!" He grinned as he felt his goosebumps dissipate and a sudden warm intensity course through his midsection.

Mara Grace McBride

Mara felt a touch of red on her cheeks as Deorum shook her hand and introduced himself. She smiled up at him, momentarily wondering whether or not she had introduced herself. "My name is Mara," she said softly, giving him a parting smile as he shifted his attentions elsewhere.

She gazed around quietly. Even more people and creatures started coming in, requesting drinks and greeting others. A slight smile came to her ruby lips as she watched all that went on around her, and she lifted her drink to her lips and took a long sip. She smiled a bit, pleased that she had earned herself a free drink and a room for the night.

Mara looked curiously at the man who came forward requesting a strong drink, and she watched as Leah began mixing one together. It was surprising to Mara that the final product didn't have a strong, pungent scent - she had expected something that would have her wrinkling up her nose and turning away, but no. If anything, it had the faintest woody smell, and that was all. Mara couldn't help but to also be curious as to what the minotaur's reaction would be. A slight smile began to cross her ruby lips as she saw his reaction, clearly pleased with Leah's concoction.

Lance Kennen Camp

Lance sat quietly and watched all that went on around him. The waiters and the bartender tended to other patrons, but seemed to ignore him. A slow frown began to cross his lips, and finally he rose from his seat. He walked over to the bar and leaned forwards, giving the lovely owner a small fanged smile. "Good evening," he said to her. "Could I perhaps order a drink?" He said nothing more, his shocking emerald eyes bright as he looked at the woman hopefully. He glanced around again, his eyes falling on the redheaded elf briefly as she sipped her drink before continuing to wander. He paused a moment at the sight of a lovely dark-haired woman in armour, quirking a curious eyebrow at seeing her come towards the bar where he stood and speak to the owner as well, requesting...a job?

"Now," he said in a low and almost teasing voice, "what is a lovely armoured woman such as yourself doing applying for a job at a tavern? You look as though you have a skill set particularly suited to a number of other areas of employment...but certainly not waitressing." His green eyes sparkled as he looked down at the pretty woman.

"And by the way," he added, shifting his attention back to the owner, "my vote goes to the voodoo dildo joke."

Sheila looked up at Lance with a sly grin. "The region has been so peaceful lately that it's been near impossible for a mercenary like me to find well paying work. I've been taking up the occasional beast hunting job, but recently I've decided that it would be best if I found permanent residence." A lock of her dark hair popped out from her ponytail and fell in front of her face. Sheila raised a careful hand and tossed it back behind her ear. "Don't worry. I'll do my best to make sure my... Unique skills don't go to waste." She finished, confidently gazing into the strange man's eyes.
Sheila wasn't sure what to think of this patron. She approached conversation with him as she would with anyone else, with a relaxed confidence but also some caution. She spoke softly, but loud, making sure to be heard. Her general impression of the man was one of a hopeless romantic with an ego a little too big for his own good. Sheila had experience with such men, but this one seemed slightly different from the others, which prompted a little more caution and a little more intrigue.

Leah's smile remained on her face. She was rather pleased that the drink worked on the Minotaur. In truth that drink was an experiment. She really was sure if the things she mixed together to create it would work.
"Well I am glade that it was to your liking. Just let me know if you want another."

She noticed the the armored female and responded to her question, "Yes, we still have positions open.." But as the vampire drew the armored female's attention. Leah took this opportunity to see how well she dealt with the patron.

She glanced to the side and saw the guitarist waiting. "Can I help you with something? Oh and I haven't formally introduce myself. I am Leah Dawnson, the owner of this fine tavern." She leaned over the counter, extending her hand out to him.

Taking Leah's hand in his and giving it a careful shake, Deorum smiled warmly and formally introduced himself. "My name is Deorum. Very pleased to meet you, Leah." His face turned into a more serious and factual one, as he also leaned across the counter, nearly meeting her in the middle.

"I'd like to rent a room," he whispered. "But I'm afraid I might not have enough money for both it and the drinks I've been ordering. So I was wondering if I could work off the fee. I could even become a permanent employee, if you were alright with it."

"Ah, it would appear that you are in quite the predicament Deorum." It was true that she could use some more help around the tavern. However, she wanted to make sure he was a good fit.

"Well it just so happens I do need more help around the tavern. I know you can play the guitar from your performance early. And we do have positions open for waiters and waitress. Or is there some other job you had mind?." Her face was all about business at that moment.

"I am interested in the waiter position. I have some experience as a-" Deorum cut himself off and went silent for a moment, looking down at his hands and then back up at Leah. "...As a servant, of sorts. So waiting tables is something I'm familiar with. But I wouldn't mind being the entertainment on every other night as well."

Leah watched him closely, the moment he walked into the tavern she knew something was baring down on this particular individual. His lack of expression, and now this moment he just had made her even more curious. But many people to this place with troubles, "Curiouser and curiouser....." she muttered.

"Alright Deorum, you may work here. But you better be able to keep up." Her hands have a little twitch, before she brought them up in view. She held a key to one of the rooms, "This is yours, on the nights you entertain whatever tips go make your get to keep. Oh!" she brought her hand up to her mouth in a way to express not wanting others to hear. "By the way it seems you also won the game, I will be having Emma make a formal announcement. And since you participated before becoming a staff member you still win your prizes."

Gabriel shifted and watched the other patrons dully, sighing a little and idly running his index finger around the mouth of his empty glass. The minotaur caused him to raise eyebrows a little but he quickly lost interest, glancing at and watching the girl in armor come in. He snorted a little when she asked about a job and rolled his eyes, turning away when the green eyed man started flirting with her. Boring. He reached in his pocket and took out a pack of his cigarettes, lit one, and leaned forward against the bar.

Deorum thanked Leah with a nod and placed the key in his pocket. Then he stood and walked around the counter into the back room to where the rest of the staff were. After a few minutes of being explained his duties and being given the proper attire, Deorum came back out and walked back to behind the main counter, ready to take orders and wait tables. He had an excited smile on his face and his eyes would occasionally flutter between monitoring the bar and looking at Leah with an interesting, split second gaze.

Noticing that the conversation was over between Deorum and Leah, Sheila opted to wave off Lance and attempt to continue her conversation with the owner of the tavern. "There's still one position available, correct? I don't have many credentials, but I'd love to temporarily fill that slot." Sheila made sure to speak as to the point and professional as possible, keeping a friendly and cheerful smile on her face. In her own mind, she knew that she wouldn't exactly be the perfect fit for the job, but she felt that a few weeks of normal labor would do her good.

"Well you did handle yourself in a proper manner out there. And I am sure you will get a handle of that too." she looked at the armored female up and down.
"Plus, judging by your armor I am pretty sure you won't have a problem handling unruly guests. Though I don't know if you will be able to work in that outfit. Why don't you take a moment to change, unless you think you will have no problems weaving through all these tables." she said while presenting a key, to the female.

"Oh and I am Leah Dawnson, welcome!" she cleaned her hands on a rag before holding it out.

Leah felt herself being watched, it made her eyes flick over at Deorum for a moment. Perhaps he needed assistance with something? She tilted her head as if to say, whats up? While she was still keeping her conversation with her new staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.