Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adele_post_timeskip.jpg

~~~~~

Emma made her way through the crowd, her light blue eyes zeroing in on Gabriel. With a mischievous smile she hopped her way just behind him and pounced at the counter space right next to him. "BOO!" she said followed by a girlish giggle. "You won 2nd prize handsome, which means you get to drink all you want and it will be on the house." she smiled as her eyes settled on his empty glass. "Oh no no! this won't do!" her voice sounding almost distraught at the sight of an empty glass.

She quickly reached over the counter, making sure Leah wasn't looking. Picking up a bottle of high end vodka, she refilled his glass as quickly as possible and placed the bottle back. "Sssshhh don't tell Leah, ok?" she placed her pointer finger up to her lips in a hushing motion. "Enjoy!" she said as she hopped away from the counter, not waiting for a response. The conversation may have seemed jumbled and fast, but this was Emma's style.

~~~

"Hey you!" Emma said loudly point at Deorum. "Your the first prize winner, and I have something for you!" she made her way in front of him making sure she was in his line of vision. She reached back into her pocket, even though her outfit would suggest there was no room for pockets. And she pulled out a metal flasks with the image of a 4 leaf clover. Emma tapped the image with the tip of her finger. "It means you'll get extra lucky with this one." she said with a smile, she tilt her head up to look at him. Placing the flasks down near by.

"Congratulations!" she chimed and in one quick motion she stood on her tippy toes, reached up and grabbed Deorum's collar pulling him down with a jerk. Then she placed a kiss on his right cheek. She hopped back, releasing him as she did. "That was part of your prize to." she sweetly smiled, her blond her never seemed to go out of place, despite her moving around so much. "Enjoy! and Emma Out!" she twirled and posed, making a V for victor sign with her fingers before she headed off to the back rooms to prepare for the next show. Again she did not wait for a response.

After receiving the bottle and the kiss from Emma, Deorum was sort of left in a dizzied state of awe. He stood still for a moment, blushing brightly. Then, realizing there were professional matters to attend to, he shook his head in hopes of knocking the thoughts of quirky little Emma suddenly kissing him out of his mind. He put the bottle in the back, out of public site, then noticed Leah returning his gaze.

Deorum, never being one to communicate well using body language, could not interpret the head tilt. He simply smiled and waved awkwardly in response before being distracted by an interaction with a patron. "Of course, one moment, sir." he said to one of the many joyous drunks that occupied the tavern. Deorum turned around and began fulfilling the man's order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeth slid in besides Leah. The cloth he used earlier in his hand. He just leaned on the bar next to her for a minute and turned to Leah. "So it looks like we have more help that'll definitely boost things in the Tavern. What made you hire Deorum, besides the fact that we needed some more help." Zeth stopped then it made him think. What made Leah hire Zeth, he had proved to be an absolute disaster when he first started, causing accidents everywhere, for himself and other people too, and boy were there setbacks hence Leah's warning and recall of the event. What made her keep him for this long? "In fact what made you hire me and not fire me... was it my dashingly good looks." He wiggled his eyebrows and put his hand under his chin playfully. But he really did want to know. Zeth leaned back into the counter now. He got a far away look in his eyes, trying to think on the matter.

Leah snorted at Deorum's awkwardness, shaking her head with a smile. She then turned her attention to Zeth, rolling her eyes to his comment on his good looks. But she leaned forward against the counter as well. Stretching her lower back as she did so. A busy night always comes with a few aches and pains.

"Why did I hire him?...hmm I guess you can say we did need the help and he does seem to have experience." she turned her head then resting it on her hand, so that the back of her head was all Deorum could see and her face in Zeth's direction. "Plus, did you notice what a difference his behavior as become? At first there was nothing but a stone wall. But now, he could smile. It may not be much, but perhaps this place will be good for him. I know the main goal of this place is to make money, but I want people to come out of here feeling refreshed. Do you know what I mean Zeth?" she spoke in a low tone.

As she began to think on Zeth second question a smile formed on her face. She poked his shoulder "I hired you at first place because I knew the ladies would love you. But you know what, you became a major support here. And besides we all make mistakes here and there when we are first learning. Hell, I only had the tavern for a few months before you came along." she had a light smile on her face as she thought of the past. "Besides, I knew if an incubus had to come to my tavern for work when they could very well get whatever they wanted with their skills. He must be in search for something more, maybe something nobler, and I hope you find what you are seeking in this world Zeth." she gave a slight nod.

With a huff she slammed both her hand on the counter top. "ALSO! I just love looking at good looking, strong men!" she made a fist and pumped it into the air, and jokingly gave him a wink as she attempted to break the serious atmosphere. She laughed then, because what she just say was actually pretty true males easy on the eyes was a nice plus in her tavern.

Sheila shook the kind Leah's hand and told her her name. "I'm Sheila. Thank you so much for the job, I think it'll do me good in my current situation. I'll make sure to work as hard as I am able." She smiled and glanced over at Leah's other new employee. "I think I'll get him to show me how things work around here. The newbies have to stick together, right?" Sheila walked towards Deorum and introduced herself. "Hey, I'm a new recruit like you are. Sheila's the name. Would you mind showing me the basics?" She asked casually.

Deorum looked Sheila up and down, taking into account her incredibly forward approach to him."I'm pretty sure I'm not exactly qualified to show you anything yet..." He looked over at Leah, hoping to get some feedback. But seeing that she was busy in conversation with Zeth, Deorum turned back to Sheila, smiling nervously. "I'll just show you what the staff showed me."

Leading her into the back room, Deorum explained to Sheila the gist of the job. "We take orders, tend to the more immediate requests that the customers make and then bring their orders to them once completed. When a new patron enters the tavern, it's our job to greet them with a friendly demeanor, tend to them, and just generally make them feel as at home and comfortable as possible." He relayed. Pausing a moment, he grinned a little as he observed Sheila's excessive attire. "You should probably also change into something that's a little more 'hello; welcome' and a little less 'I'm going to stab you now'. We have outfits for the job that would help. Just a suggestion." Deorum joked, attempting to appear as comfortable and confident as Sheila did.

After having given all of the information he was able to, Deorum gave a final supportive thumbs up and left the backroom to continue his duties.

Sheila thanked Deorum for the rundown and nodded her head in understanding. After he left the backroom, Sheila locked the door and began to undress slowly, deep in thought. Leah seemed like exactly the sort of woman she would want to be her boss. She was strong and professional, but also witty and quite beautiful. She clearly had business smarts. Sheila had no doubt in her mind that her and Leah would get along.
Deorum was a different case. His apparent lack of emotion at times, combined with his social awkwardness, ambiguous life history, and his sudden moments of biting seriousness and contagious joyousness, all made it so hard to get a proper reading of him. He was troubled, from what she could see. But he didn't seem to be a real threat of any kind, considering his peaceful appearance, so Sheila didn't worry too much about him. But still, she found him to be a very interesting mystery.
Now nearly completely nude, Sheila pulled down a readied waitress outfit and began to absent mindedly put it on, still deep in thought.

Lance Kennen Camp

Lance smiled as he heard the woman Sheila's response to his inquiry, listening to the conversation that happened between her and the innkeeper Leah. He was surprised with how quickly and readily the tavern hired - he wasn't looking for a job, though, so this information was of little use to him. He watched as Leah's attention shifted from person to person, chattering away with them, and he held back a light sigh. Why was it that they chose to ignore him? He had come to politely ask for a drink from the owner, only to have her ignore him to speak instead with the woman who came after him. Sure, she had gained an employee, but she certainly wasn't bringing in the money that he would be paying for his drink if she would let him place his order.

"Excuse me, miss Leah, I think it was?" he asked slowly. "May I respectfully ask if there is something about me that has you and your staff ignoring my requests? If there is then I would be more than willing to leave, you need only ask - I've been in here for quite some time though, and my attempts to call over a waiter have failed, as have my attempts to ask you directly for a drink. I'm rather disappointed." His emerald eyes sparkled and he cocked his head. His expression was rather neutral - it was not one of sadness or dismay, for those emotions didn't have much effect on him, but it also wasn't one of anger or happiness. It was simply curiosity and a desire for an answer that filled the vampire as the words left his lips, looking intently at the owner.

Deorum quickly appeared at Lance's side, seemingly out of nowhere, smiling apologetically. "I'm very sorry for the lack of service. Leah has been so busy with business matters that she has been unable to respond to everyone personally. It's hard to run such an active tavern, especially during staff changes and such. Once again, allow me to apologize." Deorum said, bowing slightly.

"However, it's because of these problems that Leah hired me." He said, still smiling warmly. "I would be happy to provide you with full service while Leah deals with other matters. Now, what can I get for you today?"

He cycles in with a smile on his face and a light in his eyes. His tricycle was a sparkling scarlet against the light blue of his T-rex outfit (a onesie that covered everything but his face with a zip down the front. His black hair, red eyes and white skin was easily visible to any whom looked upon it) . His stature, face and general posture lead many to believe that we was a babe, no older than 4 or 5.
Their mistake.
He was 6.
He looked around the room, his cold red eyes taking in every face he saw. He cycled over to the closest empty table, stood on his tricycle and reached towards the table. He then fell.

The 6 year old lay on the floor face down, a dull humming coming from beneath the T-rex-face hood.

Leah looked over at Lance. She did not realize that there was a patron that had not been serviced. She placed a hand over her heart and gave a little bow bending from the waist.
"I am terribly sorry, Sir. But all that Deorum has stated is true. I hope you can look past this, I am sure Deorum will....." her sentence was cut short at the sight of a child faced down on the floor.

"What in all the worlds!? "

Zeth nodded his head at Leah. "Yes I know what you mean. This does seem to be cracking his shell a bit. Or Perhaps he is simply taken with the Elven lady, their harmony on stage certainly suggests it." A small smile came to his face when she poked his shoulder. And he laughed when she said she had hired him for his looks.

As for the reason Zeth was here in this tavern, he was not ready to share that. Maybe he was just mentally tired. Leah was right, he could in fact get what he wanted which he already did and already had but... he didnt know what. But the Tavern was a nice change... he would stick around for a while longer.

"Thanks Leah..." he cleared his throat "... umm...I mean I knew you couldnt resist me." He stood up straight striking a pose as she winked and laughed. He would stay. Maybe this would help him.

He looked up to see a fully grown man holding a pose whilst staring at a woman.
Well, at least I don't stand out.
He gets up, gets on his tricycle and cycles as quickly as possible into the table in front of the man who was still holding that pose and staring.
The table budged a little. The tricycle fell on it's side from the impact. He fell with it. The floor was, once again, pressed against his face and so, as his Mother had taught him: Whenever your face is touching wood, shut up and hum.
He began to hum quietly.

image.jpg Just then, a small nock, so small it was only just able to be heard by the tavern costumers, was heard from the door. It was fallowed by a tiny voice asking "Um... I can't open the door. Could someone please help me?" Slick tried to contain his fury. He came all this way to be stopped by a stupid door?! The little green slime drooped a little bit. He wouldn't have come all this way if anyone but Noxel had told him. He shuddered and tried to push the old shade out of his thoughts. He had never seen him so miserable going to work. The devils apparently had him working overtime. "Stupid devils." He whispered to hisself as he waited for the door to open.

Last edited by a moderator:
The minotaur, who preferred to go nameless, raised his head from his mug and stood up to his full height.
"I got it.." He gruffed, clopping over to the door and swinging it open. The bull loomed out, looking right over the little slime cube.
"Whos'ser?" He mumbled to himself, he reached a hooved hand up to his horn and scratched it before leaving to door propped open, just in case. "Close the door when you decide to c'mon in." The bull headed man ordered before returning to his stool and looking into his now empty liquor vessel.

After having changed into the waitress outfit, Sheila left the backroom and was surprised to see all of the strange new patrons that had accumulated in the bar. The child, she suspected, was a problem. It was a tavern after all. As she walked across the tavern to go deal with the situation, in her mind trying to figure out how the hell she'd even do that, she noticed the door propped open. Upon closer observation she noticed the small slime cube sitting in the doorway. This place was just going to get weirder and weirder, she thought.
Shaking her head, sheila approached the child and paused beside him, leaning over him lying on the floor in the manner that he was with a sort of puzzled smile on her face. "Ah, excuse me?" she started awkwardly, having no idea how to deal with children, much less children as strange as this one. "This is an adult place. You shouldn't be here alone. Where's your parents?" sheila asked.

He stopped humming and slowly turned to look up at whoever was talking to him.
It was a lady in a dress. The dress was pretty plain, but it looked nice on her.
He pondered the question she had asked him.

My...parents...
I haven't thought about...
...since...
...why can't remember?

Why can't I see her face anymore?

He felt veins in his forehead begin to pulse and grabbed at them to try and stop it hurting. He began to hum again, louder now.

What am I humming?

He began to shake his head, eyes open, as if to try and get whatever was in there out.
Then he saw it.

A giant fluffy cow was sitting at the bar, fumbling with a glass.
Onto the tricycle he went, reversing out of the table and towards the large fluffy cow. He rode over the pretty ladies foot but had no time to apoliogise.
He had things to hug and fur to touch.
He sped up as he approached the fluffy cow.

Slick slid past the doorway and to the bar counter, nearly being run over by a child on a tricycle in the process "bartender?" He asked looking for the owner of the tavern. 'He said they would have it here, they have to have it here... Please let them have it here.' He thought to hisself.

"Oww, son of a-" Sheila bit her tongue. She was becoming frustrated with this weird kid, but she couldn't bring herself to swear and yell at him, for professional reasons. If only this wasn't her place of work now, she could kick the little bastard right in his underdeveloped head. This certainly was one hell of a first day on the job. She watched the kid ride off on his tricycle, scratching her head. He's a kid. Someone else could deal with him, because she certainly wasn't going to.
Sheila glanced back towards the bar. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their drinks happily, the other guy was busy dealing with Lance at the moment. Sheila wasn't about to go chasing after the kid to figure out what his deal was, so she decided that she would have to deal with the strange little jelly cube at the counter. Approaching it cautiously, she kneeled down beside it and smiled. "ummm, could I help you?"

Leah stood up straight, the situation in her tavern has become stranger than usual. She watched as the child's interaction with Sheila, at first she was shocked to see the child faced down on the floor. However, after watching the situation unfold she simply found him odd. What in the world was that tune he was humming? Her eyes followed the child as he approached the Minotaur, when a small voice made her glance over towards it's source for a second. But that second was enough.

"Zeth, I think I've finally gone bonkers." she blinked quickly looking back to see Shelia and a small green cube that seem to talk. She rubbed her eyes and looked back and forth between the odd child and the green cube. "Not only is there a child in my tavern, but now there is a talking cube." She leaned over the counter switching her gaze between the two individual watching with interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.