Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The intense stares that grew in number constantly finally broke Blanc. She smashed her fist down on the table like Sheila had done, but left a dent. Standing up she gave the waitress and all the staff a gaze cold as death. "Fucking hells! Can you lot just give me a break?! I just want one day, one day where I can go to a fucking tavern, get drunk, and forget that my parents got murdered by a literally power crazed demon that now I'm a wanted woman because she got what was coming to her, being possessed by a devil if I don't get a cure from this lunatic, and... and..." But she was cut short by the robed man smacking her on the head. She fell back into her chair and her face landed on the table. A light snore and no blood showed that the blow was not at all damaging to her. The masked guy lowered himself back to his seat and slumped down over the table. He muttered to Sheila. "Look, there was once a sword that thousands of arcane masters, for some reason, all wanted to enchant. So many runes covered it that the entire thing glowed blue. The sword then was stolen, won, and borrowed thousands of times over. Eventually it landed in the hands of Cruxia, who, from a massive amount of power washing over her all at once went mad and began slaughtering innocents. This included Blanc's parents. Eventually the sword was taken from her and she returned to normal. I'm afraid that Blanc acted on rage rather then reason. I'll pay however much it takes to keep us here. If you must name me, call me Non-Sence. But now there are others who require you." He gestured to a trio of dwarves who who were focused on two things, getting a refill and shooting all the elves in the tavern steely glances

"Quite," Axel replied, watching with a slightly raised eyebrow at the mixture. "I would still be traveling if I hadn't been able to strike and hold my end of a deal with a gargoyle. A word of advice," he added with a slight grimace: "Hike a dragon, and not a gargoyle. Hell, a water sprite would be a wiser choice. Even if a dragon kills you, there won't be any remains. Gargoyles, however, like to send you back neatly unwrapped through many towns before leaving you at the gates of your homeland." He accepted the drink with a nod of thanks.

Axel brought the mug to his lips, eyes going half lidded as he prepared to down the drink. His eyes flickered up at Zeth at his remark and couldn't contain the smirk. Winning many drinking games to earn coin had taught Axel many things. Holding his liquor was one of those many things. Ah, a test of tolerance, eh? Gambling didn't always involve dice and lots. The white haired elf downed a considerable amount and set the mug back onto the bar with a dull thunk, his head following the motion and his chin falling to his chest. He closed his eyes tightly and exhaled harshly, almost as if to breathe fire. A moment later he tossed his head back and inhaled before a whoop of laughter, deep and full, clawed its way from his throat.

"Your dear Leah needs to get into the Black Market," he commented, taking another drink of the harsh liquid. His muscles relaxed quickly and he nodded his approval. "It may take a while to get used to, but this is great stuff." He slumped, setting the alcoholic drink down for a moment, staring into the liquid before shaking his head. "About five rounds of these and I'd nearly be at my limit," he breathed, sitting upright with an almost manic grin. "I need a few barrels of this!" Axel looked up at Zeth. "Tell the owner she's gotten herself a good mix."

The drink was polished off gleefully. His attention immediately snapped to his right where a particular slam of a fist was different from the others. Significantly so. A woman had risen to her feet and warbled above the noise before she was promptly granted a swift knock to the back of her head.

Axel's brows furrowed, bemused and he nearly chuckled at the sight of the now-snoring drunkard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CrimsonFang
Sheila stared unblinking into the mask of the cloaked man while he explained the situation with Cruxia and Blanc. When he mentioned the importance of a certain blue sword, she thought for a moment of Nitor. Quickly deciding that it wasn't relevant at the moment, she reassumed her focus on his explanation, all the while keeping her angry demeanor.
When she had finished hearing his explanation, Sheila straightened herself up and turned away from the masked man. She would have no choice but to let them stay here, as they were customers, but there was still so many questions she'd have to consider on her own. Blanc had killed Cruxia, apparently out blind rage. She remembered the Noxel incident, and how someone had come to kill him out of blind rage as well. A lot of damage was caused trying to protect him from that fate. Of course, there were a lot of factors that made that little event different from what was happening here. For one, Blanc no longer seemed hostile. But how could she even know whether or not the man was telling the truth? Saying nothing, Sheila left the table, her face relaxing a bit but her mind remaining tense and overactive. Within seconds, she was silently refilling the drinks of the dwarves.

Zeth nodded in agreement. "Had a run in with a gargoyle once, won't say why but I will say that their intelligent creatures. It came after me when the sun was highest in the sky so it knew a couple of things." Zeth watched in amusement as the man brought the mug to his lips and returned the smirk. He raised a eyebrow when the man took a heck of a sip. Oh this'll be good. He set the mug down and his head went down as well. His eyes were clenched as he let out a big gust of breath. A few seconds later he threw his head back and let out a full hearty laugh. Zeth joined in adding his own smooth laughter to the mix. "Your tolerance is admirable if not unexpected, you would not happen to be from Axsandar would you?" Rough place that was, there was nothing soft about it. Their flowers likely breathed fire.

"I will gladly convey your appreciation to Leah. Do you have a name?" His attention was brought to Sheila at the slam of her fist on the table. She was not taking well to the womans guest status. It did not sit well with him either, but at the moment what could he do about it? Sheila walked away, her anger did not disappear but she schooled her features and remained stoic while she served the dwarves.

He sighed, the smallest twitch of anger made its way to his face at the situation. His tail tensed at the sudden change in mood. But remembering the customer in front of him he quickly eased it with a jovial smile, his demeanor instantly changing back. "Are you planning an overnight stay? Not very many people can see right or walk a straight line out the door after even a sip of a drink like that, nevermind four." His signature smirk returned.

"My mother was from there," Axel replied, eyebrows raised in mild surprise. Zeth was a sharp one. "She was a bit of a devil herself, and a force to reckon with. Makes me wonder what kind of man my father was to be able to bed a woman with so much fire in her veins. But she did raise me to tolerate a hell of a lot more than many my age were able to. She got me drunk at age nine," he rolled his eyes at the memory.

"The name's Axel," he responded, smiling almost sheepishly. "It's the closest thing to my Elvish name that doesn't sound like rushing streams and burning wood." That was the problem with some Elvish words. If it didn't sound like something as stuck in your throat trying to get out through one's bunghole it sounded like nature actually had something to say.

He rolled the prospect of staying the night around in his head and decided. "I'll stay. The liquor doesn't have a playing factor in it. I still want my barrel."

After confirming that he was in fact from Asxandar the man raised an eyebrow. Zeth grinned, the mans feelings of surprise were easily absorbed and translated at such close proximity. He particularly enjoyed surprise, it was rather unexpectedly pleasant. It sent a sort of short thrill to him when he was around it. While he listened to the man talk he could not help but feel just the tiniest bit of nostalgia. Zeth was a long ways from home but it had been of his own choosings. He was still looking. Zeth did not know when the day would come or who or what it would bring but he was still looking. Those of his kind all looked forward to that day, his just hadn't come yet.

Zeth laughed again, amusement in his eyes at the mans story. " I could say the same of my mother, though I fear it may have bordered on dangerous. When the sun was gone she used to fly up into the sky with me in her arms. I thought nothing of it the first time, I figured she was just trying to show me the world. She told me I had to save myself-I was very confused- and then, she dropped me." Zeth ran his hands through his hair.

"Incubus do not have wings only Sucubus have that quality. So naturally I thought I was going to die. My mother was not worried. It is something few Sucubus choose to put their male children through. To teach them to phase into the shadows, in a more... proactive way. "Life or death brings out the best." Which is rather insane if you ask me because it did not always go right, but it worked none the same. My father on the other hand was the subtle one, he would rather nuture with gentle ways than... passionate ones. "

Zeth could not remember a time in which he had spoken so much about his past, it was odd, yet refreshing. The man introduced himself as Axel. " I've had to come up with plenty of substitute names for my Elven friends, they took joy in my struggles with proper pronunciation." A wide smirk grew back on his face. "But Alisia's not laughing now, now is he?"

Zeth called over one of the staff, requesting a room prepared for Axel. He then raised an eyebrow at the mans request. So he was not joking, Zeth was impressed, a bit concerned that he'd find a dead body on the floor of the room tommorrow, but impressed. "And a barrel of Leah's drink for you my friend." He laughed jokingly "I pray you live to see the bottom of it." His grin remained.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Passionate is one way to put it," Axel quipped. He playfully cringed at the nickname. "I bet he's not."

Axel raised a brow, challenging the barkeep. "That barrel will want no more of me when I'm done with it. Out of curiosity, how long have you been around this place. Working, I mean." He twirled the mug around on the surface by its mouth.​

Wesley laughs slightly to himself. "Oh. I see. Honestly though, money is the bearer of good and bad news. Sucks that you weren't able to afford College." he smiles and calls over a bartender, ordering another whiskey. He drinks at least a quarter of his drink whilst he listens carefully to her. "You play any instruments?" he says while he carves a small intricate sigil on the table top with a small hunting knife.

Leah peeked out from the kitchen, it had grown quiet on the tavern floor. Her dark green eyes scanned the floor. Ah, it looks like that time has come, she thought to herself. She pushed the door open and exited from the kitchen, raising her arms up in a stretch. Leah's attention was caught by the bright yellow light that tried to cut through the dark tavern floor. Humming to herself, she put away the last of the glasses and put out the fireplace. At last the tavern was almost in complete darkness, another night slowly coming to an end.

Leah made her way to the front door and opened it, her eyes squinted from the bright sunlight just peeking under the night sky. Shutting the door and locked it, Leah slowly walked away from the tavern towards the main street. Cleaning her hands on her thighs a small smile formed on her face as the memory of her belated husband came to mine. The tavern is what they had hoped for, and she was pleased to have worked in it and appreciated all those who joined it. It was now time for rest, she reached up and let down her hair it fell down just to the curve of the small of her back. She pushed some of it back and away from her face, it had grown so long.

Leah looked backed at the tavern, again a memory gently formed itself in front of her eyes. She shut her eyes and smiled, turning back to the dirt road and continued to walk, "What a pretty sunrise."

8608-magical-forest-1280x800-anime-wallpaper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.