The Siren's Song [ IC ]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte shifted into her human form. Her dark brown hair was ruffled with sleep and her shy blue eyes were a little curious as to what was going down below. She heard a lot of yelling. She looked down to see a couple of males going at it. She shook her head sliding back down onto the floor her fur boots reaching the ground silently she walked past the two just to keep the peace. Apparently hers was done for. She swept her way over to the edge of the boat stretching and yawning and leaning over the edge. This was getting pretty boring. She brushed her hair back and out of her face before sitting down and taking out her quiver of arrows. She took a knife out of her boot and began to sharpen in silence. She couldn't wait to kill these monsters. But what would she do when they were dead? Wonder the forest again as a lone alpha wolf? Most likely. It didn't even matter. She wanted them dead.

The sun struck her brown hair making it a golden bronze of silk. In the light the freckles that spotted her nose and little places on her cheeks were evident. Her eye lashes were thick and black and her sky blue eyes were in a faded broken shade, mocking her past. She sharpened her red tipped arrows one by one never looking up to make eye contact with anyone. Dominance and Authority leaked from her very character which gave a clear sense of her monologue.

Obviously, she didn't take anyone's shit and she forbid to get close to or trust anyone.

"Pony ride!" Harpy chirped appreciatively, offering no resistance towards Reneth as she picked him up. "Are you fat? Has anyone ever called you fat before? What does it mean to be a blood mage in a society that has little use for blood? Do you conduct funeral rites for other blood mages, since nobody loves them? Hello. Hello. Am I cute? On a scale of- Wait a second." Harpy touched a paw to her chin, incredible power surged through her body. "I just gave you a level. You're a level six blood mage now. How does it feel? How does it feel to be above and beyond the peers at the funeral. Does it make you cool? Will you ice like the frost golems of Arendelle? Have you ever joined a musical assembly?" He repeated the action again, the paw pressing against her cheek again. The power left her. "Now you're level five again. Harpy taketh and Harpy giveth, blood mage. Are Harpy's lessons cool? Will Harpy tell you the Harp backstory-"

He talked. He talked a lot, but when the captain came into sight, he talked no more. Words faded into little harpseal chirps and grunts, and he began to struggle, as a wild animal would struggle, when picked up by an unfamiliar person. He no longer stared up at her, but started to look around the deck with his suddenly vacant-of-intelligence harpseal eyes.

(Who said I was screaming???)

Okami noticed the males trying to shut him down, it was annoying, he almost wanted to tear them apart, but they were part of the crew so things like that are extremely prohibited for him; he ignored tuem both as he saw the girl doing the same to him, he already had these two dudes over him so he left tye thing, took his bags and walked toward tue stairs that headed to the down part of the ship.

He entered to his area in the ship and left his extra resources in a box next to his bed. "It's almost time", he said to himself as he walked up stairs to help in the preparation of the ship for sailing.

Mor tosses in her sleep her light snore filling the room, as soon as the captain had shown her, her room she had got busy stocking up and cleaning it. It had looked clean but kitchen were never really clean and she had spent a good chunk of time cleaning up. She didn't want people to get sick or something, that had happen on her last ship and they blamed it on her being an orc and not on their filthy kitchen. Mor was pretty tired as she finished cleaning but she still had a few more last minute things to do like make sure this place looked more like home and change clothes, she had forgot that human clothes weren't the best for her and sighed as she looked down at her very low cut and short dress, well it would have to do. As soon as she was done, Mor slump onto the bed and drifted off, too tired to care about the people on deck or even about those down below with her.

Scottie didn't exactly see what Darcia meant nor did he fully understand her reasoning. It made sense in a way but wouldn't sleeping properly had solved the problem in the first place? Though it's not like it's that easy. The male harpy just nodded at the female on the deck.

"...Okey then."

Some kind of commotion going on around the mast pulled his attention elsewhere. Apparently, the lizardman was pissed off at the innocent wooden structure for some reason and was kicking the poor thing. Scottie made a mental note not to get in the reptile's way in the near or distant future. Though it didn't take long for the dwarf to come to the ship's rescue. The harpy watched with mild interest as the scaly face seemed to intend to climb into the crow's nest. Shifting his eyes, Scottie took a look at the crow's nest and spotted some kind of a ball of fur laying in it.

He felt offended.

How stupid.

It's not like the crow's nest belonged to him nor was he experienced with anything so it was simply logical someone else had the watch. The whole crew would feel a lot safer when someone who knew what they were doing was on the lookout. The harpy still couldn't help the slight upset from creeping into his mind. He had felt safer higher up from the water and someone else found their way up into his refuge. But that was life and he would have to accept it.

When the dwarf walked over and spoke to Darcia lying on the ground, Scottie found out exactly who was going to be up there. However, a tiny sparkle of hope sparked inside him as the dwarf mentioned the female harpy would have to teach him. Maybe he'd get to spend some time up high after all.

Apparently the argument between the dwarf and Varsh was enough to make the disrespectful young pup get down from the crows nest. She even was "polite" enough to change back into her human form for the crew below. Just as he though, the pup in question looked in like any other pretty human girl but she insisted on radiating this personal aura of foolish pride, Such arrogance will surely get her killed when the first encounter. Varsh didn't know what would cause the girl to insist on acting in such a way, but there is no such excuse that Varsh would except that would justify it. Look him thinking to himself like he's the wise elder amongst a sea of youngbloods, and this is coming from the guy who's pride almost kicked down the mast of the ship. Hell if even he could make such an observation, then he must be right. He jumped off the railing of the ship and quietly muttered to himself. "Time to make a friend."

The Lizardman brandished one of his cleavers in one hand and a whetstone in the other as he walked towards the werewolf girl who was in the middle of sharpening the arrows in her quiver. He took a seat near the area near the girl, far enough that they wouldn't get in the way of each other as the took care of their weapons, but just close enough where a lone wolf type could not ignore his presence. Varsh started his sharpening with a loud SHHRRRKKK sound as the blade touch his whetstone. Varsh just waited silently and kept an eye on the young pup, not striking up a conversation, not coughing, not even a grunt to acknowledge his presence, he just sat and sharpen to wait and see what the girl would do when forced to act. A test was about to begin.

Charlotte had saw him sit down. She thought it wouldn't bother her as much as the arguing and noise did. But him being this close to her.. it wasn't usual a male to be near her and it was making her very uncomfortable. The male who'd brought her here haven't even said one word to her but boss her around, yet she didn't listen. But this wasnt right. She made of show of being interested in her weapontry but when he didn't move she glared at him. This was quite annoying. She threw her arrows down crossing her arms. "Don't you have anywhere better to be than this particular spot." she spoke and her soft British accent was colder than usual.

She made a gesture spinning her hand in the air. "This is a big bloody ship and plenty of places to sharpen your weapons." she choked back a snarl. Her posture was defensive and stiffened. She glared at him. She dared him to command her to do something or attack her. Maybe getting on this ship hadn't been such an good idea. She had already been aware that there would be males on here. She just thought they were less Wolf-like than the males in her old pack but she guessed wrong. Knowing she didn't really get along with males because of her past there would definitely be another fight in the next two days. Maybe she should leave soon before the ship set off.

"Uh, Captain. I found this below deck, any clue as to how it got there?" Reneth held the squirming seal up at shoulder height and at an arms length. The recent influx and then drain of energy was making her fingers prickle uncomfortably and was making it even harder to keep hold of the struggling creature. In her mind she was having a hard time referring to this...thing, as a seal. It was not so mundane that she could categorize it so easily, at least not until she figured out what it was. Hopefully that Captain knew what in the heck this thing was, if not-well to be honest Reneth was not keen on trying to convince everyone that she had heard this thing speak and that it had done so with quite a lot of enthusiasm before she had made it to the deck.

Over the Captain's shoulder she noticed some more sailors had appeared from somewhere, an odd mix to be sure. But who was she to judge, she had worked with many people of different races and cultures, the only one that was particularly unusual to her was the Lizardman who was sharpening his weapon next to a particularly sour faced girl. Although she wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying she hoped that they weren't about to fight, she honestly wasn't in the mood to start patching these people up just quite yet.

Charlottes eyes lingered to the squeeling noise her eyes directing to the seal held in Renneths arms. Immidiately her expression softened as she gazed at the struggling animal. She made her way towards him and held to pale arms out her eyes never leaving the animal. "May I hold him?" it was evident it was a male baby seal cub. But she didn't need to make it known how by detail. How did it get in the ship anyway? Was it missing its mother. A whimper caught in her throat imagining the creature alone for so long..and he looked famished.

Varsh would just sit and observe as the sour faced pup fussed at Varsh. It was good that the girl was willing to talk to the lizardman, but to throw her arrows down and get huffy with him? Was the werewolf pup much younger than he had thought? Or was Varsh being this close to her really make her that uncomfortable? Regardless, the pup's defensiveness was enough cause to start probing as he worked on his blade. "Of course there are plenty of spaces on this ship to sharpen my weapon young pup, but what good would that do if I just sat in the corner alone and sharpen my blade? Soon we are going to set sail and be fighting things ten times my own size, so its important to know who I will be fighting along side with against the sea beasts." He stopped his blade sharpening, pocketing his whetstone. He then removed his leather glove from his left and and began to trace his finger down the edge of the blade. "After all, if I was paranoid about the company I was with, I would be more danger to the crew than the sea monsters. And since you were doing nothing young pup-"

Varsh's talking was interrupted when a rather plain looking human walked up from below deck carrying what looked like a fluffy ball of...fat? He had to admit, Varsh didn't know what creature was in the woman's hands. But the wolf pup's cold attitude did an about face and she went to go look at the fluffy ball of fat. "Talk about your about face." Varsh just stayed where he was and picked up one of the arrows that the wolf girl had been working on, taking one more look at the fluff ball.

Darcia woke up from her power nap as she heard people talk all over the deck. She quickly stood up seeing they didn't left yet but the male next to her had. Darcia grabbed her bags as she looked through them to grab an old book. It was one of her dad's books it had information on some of the dangerous creatures walking this earth. After all one day when her dad would be 'King' he would rule over them. Flipping the pages she got to the sea creatures pages. She wasn't sure what creatures were awaiting ahead but if it was one from the book she would be prepared. And so she sat there in quietness and read every detail through.

"Umm..." Reneth knew that the pause was probably longer than it should be, but for some reason she felt very reluctant to just hand this creature over to the woman who had been staring daggers at the Lizardman only a few moments earlier. Yes she did have some sympathy for the girl the look of want sitting plainly on her face however this child had not been below deck and had not seen this seal rise from a coffin. However while she was hesitant the creature only got more vigorous in its attempts to free itself from her grip and when she felt it's claws digging into her skin she scowled deeply. Holding the seal out to the girl she handed the creature over, perhaps a bit more forcibly than was called for. Brushing her hands against her pants she took a moment to smooth back her hair and adjust her eye patch before returning her attention to the Captain.

"Anyways I found him below deck. There is something...different about him." Reneth said straightening her shirt unnecessarily before crossing her arms across her chest really hoping that the Captain would just take her word for it. That or the creature dropped the act soon.

The Captain looked over the creature. "Well, I will say it LOOKS harmless.....That means it's a threat. If there's one thing I've learned in all my days...it's that creatures that seem harmless are the most dangerous of the bunch. I don't know how it got on my ship. But I know it isn't staying long unless it has good reason for me to keep it." He stepped around it. "I want you to watch it. I have other things to attend to. Such as getting this boat out on the water in 15 minuets."

With a clean shining armour and his sword stuck in her white belt Alex walked toward the ship laying front of him. He had a mission and he would be true to it. With big steps he walked onboard of the ship looking over at all the different king of crew members. Taking notes and silent judgement on every single person. This was until his glaze fall on the captain. He did know who the captain was since his file had a picture. Alexander approached the man and took showed a royal salute. "Goodday sir, I've been send by the king to take part of your journey to defeat the monsters within the sea" upon his statement he handed over the royal letter signed by the king himself to the man.

The Captain turned when he heard Alexander's voice. "Well well well, a man of the king! Guess I should have figured if the King heard about me journey he would send some of his men. Well, Welcome aboard the Serpent! Finest Privateer vessel there is. We be leaving very soon, so I would suggest you get below deck and find a room. You'll be staying with the crew in the main quarters. I got three rules on the Serpent. 1. Don't Kill anyone. 2. Don't Eat all the food. and 3. Don't leave anyone behind. Beside that, treat the Serpent with respect. Oh, and don't expect no special treatment being a man of the king, your to work like the rest of the crew." He then stepped up and stood next to the wheel. "All right boys, before we go, I need to assign one position, then we can cast off. Who here is willing to be the Quartermaster? Making sure all these other grubs be getting what they need in terms of supplies. You'll be divying out food, water, supplies, anything we need. Food of course is made by the chef. But we need someone to get it out of the kitchen don't we? Now then, I will say that it won't be easy being the quartermaster. If we have times of famine or gods-forbid drought, you have to be the one giving out the food and water, and that means making some tough choices. Anyway, who's up for the job?"

Okami noticed the new man coming on the ship, then heard the captain's announce, it was about a job on the ship which has a great importance for the entire crew, Okami doesn't trust in any of these men, for this reason he decided to accept the job for himself, doesn't matter the difficulty.

"I'ill do it", he said as he walked toward the captain, this maybe hard, but not for him, Okami has a great amount of connections in the continent because of his mission travel around the land.

@Nocturne997

"Hum?" Rengi tilted her head at the man's words, thoroughly confused by his statement, "Join? Join what? The ship? Did you seriously just say that after catching me sneaking onto your ship?"

Dale hummed as he hurried back over to the ship. He easily pulled himself up onto the boat and looked around, checking to see if anyone needed help before getting to work.

Okami just turned back to hear the girl's words as he thought about the fact that this girl made four questions in only one sentence, "This must be a talkative one", he though as he gazed at the girl's eyes.

"...Yes", he replied to the girl's questions.

@Demmy

Rengi paused for a moment, thinking it over. she pulled a strand hair over her shoulder and started twisting it in her hands, "Do I have to pay anything?" she asked, smiling at him. "Cause if I don't, what do I do to help around here?"

The girl kept doing questions to Okami which started to bother him a bit, but it wasn't a big deal so he just answered.
"...For that you should tell me in what you are good; your skills and abilities", he replied as he stopped his actual actions to pay more attention to the girl's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.