The Siren's Song [ IC ]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Estuary raised up from the water as she put the sailor save and raised herself in front of Okami. She wasn't fearless, but she felt like she was in depth, that and the fact she knew the sea and who lived in there as well as a person would know their pockets. "I'll go with you." Estuary stared at the man with calmness. "The Tlanusi is a very clever creature if you don't handle it with care he'll know what's coming" She placed her hand on her wound. "I might be able to distract it, I've been injured by the outcasts, Tlanusi can't seem to resist the sent of blood. It could buy enough time to get him off guard"

"Perfect, this is what we are going to do... The three whaling boats will surround the Tlanusi, each one of us will try to charge against him swimming (or flying...) and block him with the chains, after that one of us will have to make him swallow a barrel of gunpowder, the other two will run out of there, the plan is makng the three barrels explode at the same time, one inside, the other two outside", this was Okami's plan, but there's something that he didn't told her, it was the part of the cannonballs, one will have to strike his head with them to stun him for some seconds.

Varsh was surprised by the sheer courage of the mermaid he pulled up out the water. Despite being wounded, the mermaid managed to save two of the sailors and was ready to get back into the sea with the beast. He was quite impressed. If only some of the crew showed such courage. Never the less Varsh felt more than just obligated to take the mermaid's place in the wolf pup's crazy plan, being the one who injured her ((in his mind at least)) and since Varsh was itching a chance to tangle with the giant leech. "Sorry little lady, but your injury could put you in serious risk out in the water. What if that wound opens up more when you are swimming for your life from that giant leech? Wolf boy, take me instead! I'm in better shape and I can swim just as good as any fish!"

((Sorry Dani, I'm just too fast :) ))

Last edited by a moderator:
"If needed I could chain him from underwater." Estuary said after all she was a mermaid. "I could distract him with the blood so that someone can get the barrels into the beasts mouth." As she said as she unwrapped the kelp from her stomach revealing the still bleeding cut on her side. "if needed I could use my voice to get him calmed down after someone threw the barrels inside the beast. Just make sure you are not to close by otherwise you might get in trance as well." The mermaid looked up to the lizardman who had take her out and asked for her place. "That's to risky, I know this sea better then anyone else. Wounded or not, i too have lost family to this beast"

((DAMM U! Now i had to edit this cause you were faster at posting then me xD))

Okami heard both's arguments, this was the kind of situations he hated, if he chooses one of them, for sure the other will complain, to lower the risks and getting more possibilities he decided to go with the lizard man, they are stronger and can hold more pressure.

"Ok lizard man, you coming with me", he said as he ran below the deck to check if everything was ready, "Ready to go", said the sailor in the moment he saw Okami coming from the stairs.

"Perfect", the wailing boats were ready to sail, the three were already at the side of the deck. "Let's go", he said to the sailor and the lizard man after he came back to the deck. He immediately jumped into one of the boats as the sailor did the same on another.

"I'll put the barrel in his throat", he said to his companions.

Varsh took his place on the lifeboat with the wolf pup as they headed into open water to fight the sea leech. He took the big length of chain that was brought with them and placed this on shoulder, know full well that a plan required perfect coordination and timing. "When your ready to start this plan just let me know wolf pup." he said barley on the edge of his seat.

Estuary bounded her wound up again as she took support on the wooden edge. She couldn't blame them for taking someone who was had less change of giving their last breath before completing. The lizard was right in the point of not knowing if it would open up more, nor if she would make it. She wasn't as fast as she used to be nor did she had fighting skills as of this very moment. If only she had her sword or amulet she could have been more of use. Still she didn't plan on letting down her guard, the sea had many secret and maybe dangers Estuary knew this all to well. Many merfolk had tried to reason with some of the monsters of the deep but none ever returned alive or unharmed.

((Just to get sure you got it, they are in different boats and they all have chains))

Okami heard the lizard man confirming he was ready for it; in that moment the three boats were drop on the wild waters of the sea; "EACH OF YOU, GO TO A DIFFERENT SIDE!", he yelled at his companions in this risky plan.

They passed through the high waves and fought with the wild force of nature on their path to the beast, when Okami reached the front of the creature (Like 20 meters of distance), he took the heavy chains and the two cannonballs (I know, that's heavy as fuck), he had over human strength so for him this wasn't as heavy as for a normal human.

"At the count of three, we wrap him with the chains... 3...2...1... GO!", he said as he got prepared for the crucial moment. Okami took one of the cannonballs and attached it to the chain (If you know about physics, then you know why). He launched the heavy chains toward the beast to block it and leave him open for the "joker" attack, the chains wrapped the creature with four whirls around it. Then he took the second cannonball and gave his highest power jump possible, he made it to reach one meter higher than Talusi, in that moment, when he couldn't go higher, he used all his strength to trow the cannonball toward the beast's head as it was from a real cannon.

((This is just to stun him))

((I just want to get COMPLETELY sure that you got this))
n3Xndsn.png

After being annoyed again and again by the ghostly fish. Tlanusi had had enough. It charged straight up and out of the water. It saw the people in the boats. Diving back underwater, the creature created a huge wave with it's landing. But that was not all. It began circling the three boats. The circling became faster and faster, until the water in the middle began to dip inward and down. The creature was making a whirlpool!

(Well it would appear I wrote this with interesting timing.)

((Like I can't find the OOC thread guess I'll do it here... @Nocturne997 basically... "Wrap him with heavy chains" and " He used all his strength to trow the cannonball toward the beast's head as it was from a real cannon", had no effect?))

The boats were beginning to move into position into the Y shaped formation that the wolf pup had instructed, but this giant leech was more clever than its monstrous visage had let on. Or at least it knew when to get angry. The giant leech breached out of the water like a whale and dive back down, creating a massive wave that lifted the little life boats up from under them. Each boat was airborne for about a second or two before splashing back down with a solid thud. Varsh and the sailor in his boat were thrown about and discombobulated, but otherwise fine. He lifted himself up from his prone position in his boat to look around. He saw that the wolf pup's and the other boat's crew were pretty much tossed around like he was, but no one appeared to be MIA....expect for the leech himself. . "Gah...where did that overgrown parasite go?" Varsh said as he looked down into the water. He did see the leech...or at least his shape, circling them underneath the water, but it wasn't doing anything. Or so it seemed. Out of Varsh's peripheral vision the water began to dip inward as the boat began to spin around. . "A Whirpool!? Row away! Get Back!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Estuary shoot up as she saw the whirlpool. She could have known the Tlanusi would know a way to get out of it. Once again she launched herself into the sea. She went straight down towards the center of the whirlpool to come eye to eye with the beast. Taking a deep breath she started the sing to make an afford to let the Tlanusi at least make the whirlpool stop.

"Sorry for leaving ya, don't worry I'll protect ya."

"Don't just STAND THERE!"

"I NEED A FEARLESS ONE NOW"

Scottie listened to the shouts coming from the deck, along with the screams of the sailors and the ungodly ruckus caused by the horrid creature in the water. The harpy wanted to curl in on himself and block his ears so he could pretend everything was okay, that a hideous monster wasn't going to kill them all.

However, if he did that now, he could never look the rest of the crew in the eye again, nor would he want to live with himself if he did manage to keep his lousy life. Everyone else was fighting, risking their lives to protect each other. Like Darcia, claiming she would protect him. Scottie didn't want to be protected like a mere child who was afraid of the monsters under his bed.

The male harpy hopped on the edge of the crow's nest, his eyes still glued on the monster. Well, on the whirlpool the giant leech had created whereas the creature itself was nowhere to be seen, hidden in the depths of the icy cold water. He had no idea what he could do, the harpy wasn't exactly experienced in fighting sea monsters.

Reneth quickly took custody of the men that had been brought back aboard. Sharp teeth had shredded flesh and after sending one of the sailors that helped pull the men up onto the deck down below to get bandages, salves, and a needle with thread she set about stopping the wounded from bleeding out. It was tricky, especially when a massive wave crashed into the side of the boat as the great worm plunged into the ocean. Cursing under her breath she discarded the thread that she had been so eager to call for. Rolling her sleeves up past of her elbows she placed her palms flat against the fist man's chest as she took a deep steadying breath. A green light spread from her fingertips and soaked into the open wounds drawing them slowly closed.

With the first man stable, if not completely healed, she moved onto the other patient who was still steadily bleeding out on the deck. However this time when she placed her hands upon his chest the green light did not last for very long. His blood had barely been halted before it seemed her magic started to run thin. That is until a long slash carved its way down her left forearm. The glow returned but this time is was fueled by the blood that dripped down her arm, turning it a dark crimson. As she worked the cut deepened and by the time she was finished she had to some of the bandages on herself to stem the bleeding.

With everyone running around trying to see what the leviathan was doing it took some time to grab two men who were willing to bring the injured down to the infirmary, giving her a second to locate the boats. A grimace pulled at her brow as she watched the water dip the monster trying to pull those unfortunate enough to be on those rafts down into its maw. There was little she could do aside from hope they had enough muscle aboard to make it back. After that wave she doubted the gun powder she had seen them take aboard was dry enough to ignite. They would have better chances trying to drown the creature.

The water started spinning at incredible speed as the Tlanusi moved swim around the three men to push them into an infernal typhoon which was absorbing most of the things on the water. "Tsch… GO BACK TO THE SHIP AND TELL THE CAPTAIN TO GET THE FARTHEST POSSIBLE!", he yelled at his partners in a final intend of success with their first high rank monster. The small boat where Okami was standing was being slowly dragged to the center of the whirlpool to find an almost inevitable final at the end of the way. There wasn't time to lose, Okami had to think about something to stop the Tlanusi and fast, "… This wasn't part of my calculations… Wait! I can do that", he thought as he sat on the small boat, he took out one of his daggers as the boat was being sucked into the swirl, with no delay, using his enhanced speed and strength Okami drew on a wood plank a six sided rune with a circle in the center and some antique writings, "This should do it", he thought as he removed the plank from the boat.

The boat was sucked and destroyed by the whirlpool created by the Tlanusi, Okami made it to morph into his wolf form and hold the plank with his fangs in the exact moment to jump into the water and then morph again to his human form, Okami was dragged to the center of the disaster. With a impulse of will and adrenaline Okami made it to give the impact of a power jump from down the water to get out of the typhoon before it gets to late; still in the water, Okami swam downward around the whirlpool to reach the lower part in the deeps of the sea, there he stopped right down the natural disaster provoked by the giant leech.

"It's now or never", he thought as he placed the runed plank over his arms and concentrated his energy on it to activate its effect, suddenly an incredible and fast wind started spinning inside the whirlpool, increasing its speed significantly, this was faster than the Tlanusi could hold.

(( @Nocturne997 Now please write about how the Tlanusi got sucked into his own typhoon by the force of inertia :3 ))

The Tlanusi, feeling "confident" as a monster can feel, was awaiting it's meals to be pulled under, when something was wrong. It was starting to get pulled into it's own whirlpool. Suddenly, confidence was fear as the beast was pulled in tail-first. It spun around a few seconds before it finally stopped. The creature was dazed and lacked a part of it's strength from the swimming, but it wasn't giving up. While it couldn't see (not that that is any news, it has no eyes), it used it's sense of gravity to attempt to breach out of the water...And it would have worked to. If the whirlpool hadn't thrown it's senses off. The creature had doven straight down, and with a sickening THUD followed by a loud CRACK. The creature impacted the oean floor, now dead. It's water-filled body floated to the surface. Multiple teeth of the beast, and the remains of recent meals floated up as well. The Tlanusi was dead.

As the blood covered the before tormented waters of the Sea of Monster, Okami swam to the surface just to verify the result of his actions, the use of the Wind Rune was incredibly efficient; the Tlanusi is now dead, part of Okami's mission is complete, but there's still a lot of monsters and unknown creatures to deal with. Okami saw the dead body of the leech and with no delay took out his daggers and used them to climb up to the deck of the Serpent. "Now, let's take it with us", Okami said as he walked through the board of the ship looking for the captain, now the only thing he needs is to take the body to the port and get the bounty of the Giant Leech.

Okami walked down the board toward the stairs without even gazing at any of the sailors present there, he got downstairs to enter to his cabin and laid down his bed with a peach in his mouth.

His role finished, Harpy Mclubby helped himself to the remaining gold within the coffers of the boat, as well as the food. He threw everything he could find into the infinite confines of his pink coffin, emptying the ship of any real valuables within minutes. Then, he flew off into the sunset and exploded into the sky.

The ship had lost both shark and seal.

"My, my, is it over?" Dale murmured softly, blinking a couple times to clear his head. He had expected monsters, but he hadn't expected to be so powerless and unhelpful. Shaking his head, he turned to help clean up the deck, almost robotic-ally.

Rengi huffed, dropping to the floor exhausted. What had just happened? Seriously, this was messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.