The Siren's Song [ IC ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scottie gave Darcia a half-hearted smile as he lied through his teeth.

"Ah, it's alright, no offense taken."

It was good to hear the female hadn't meant it the way Scottie had taken it, or at least that's what she claimed, but the words had stung nonetheless. However, it was no use starting to act like a teenage girl on hormones, taking everything to heart. The male harpy would probably forget the words in a few days anyway and besides, he didn't want to make Darcia upset as well.

The male harpy had figured the female was a hybrid of some sort but he couldn't figure out what her other half was. Though it couldn't have been orc or something else with notable physical characteristics. Scottie didn't want to seem rude by asking about things that were in no way his business but he was curious.

"Um, if you're a hybrid, then what-"

"All right boys and girls. It's time. Untie the sails! Pull in the plank! Unhitch The Serpent! We leave within the hour!"

Scottie couldn't finish his question before he was interrupted by the captain announcing their departure. The ship would set sail and he would be trapped in it in the middle of the ocean in no time. No land anywhere, just water everywhere. Lots of water. The reality came crashing down on the harpy and he felt a small panic settle itself in his gut. He didn't want to chicken out but he might just do that.

Squeezing his eyes shut tight, the young male concentrated on his breathing. In and out. In and out again. Shifting his feet slightly, taking a bit wider stance, the harpy rooted his claws on the deck, feeling the wood below him. He had a sturdy ship, The Serpent, between him and the H2​O. Besides, the sky, his territory, would still be there no matter where he went, it always was.

Darcia smiled back as Scottie as he wanted to ask about her other side. She wasn't planning on telling anyone but she couldn't hide it forever. He however was cut of by the captain shouting that they were about to leave. Darcia herself felt her heart beating from happiness. She had been waiting for so long for this. As she looked back to Scottie she could tell he wasn't that much of a fan.
"I'm a hybrid between a Harpy and a Demon. But no worries never used that side of the family much. But enough about that you don't look to great.." then she whipered as quiet as possible "Not a fan of water?"

The ship was almost shipping, but Okami needed a minute out, just to think about something and reflect about his mission before sailing.
He stood up in front of The Serpent before turning his head to look at the sky, as he did that he thought about something, he needed resources, the ship has its own resources but he likes to take some with him just in case; he walked a bit before reaching an small market inside of the port, it was full of people and most of them were sellers, he stood in front of an old one selling peaches, he took one and payed the old man for it.
"Thanks youngster" said the old man to him, Okami didn't gave a response to him, he just turned back, started eating the peach and kept himself walking.

(This is just giving new chars a chance to encounter with me, that way I may be able to recruit them...)

There had been many things that Reneth had had to deal with in her travels, horrors that she had seen, nameless and faceless terrors of the wild that she occasionally remembered just to tell herself why she liked living in a city. This was none of those. Weird did little cover exactly happen when that tiny coffin opened up, stunned did a slightly better job of describing how she was taking all of this. At this point she was pretty sure that if she had opened the coffin and had found someone's rotting remains she would have been more sure of what to do. As it was this was not really a situation that she had been prepared for, so it took several long moment before she managed a response.

"Now what in the hell are you." She said aloud more questioning her own sanity than the seal that had popped out of the coffin. Alright if she looked beyond that fact that this thing had just popped out of coffin, called her a harlot, and then told her that it would tell her about it's so called tragic past she supposed the little thing was cute. Then again how could it not really be, considering it looked like a seal pup, with large black eyes that peered hopefully at her as it asked for a belly rub. Going against her better judgment Reneth slowly stuck her dagger into the back of her belt before reaching into the coffin and giving the seal's stomach an exploratory scratch. Somehow she had this nagging doubt in the back of her mind that the Captain didn't know that this was abroad his ship. So after a moment of consideration she reached out with both hands and picked up the seal and started marching towards the upper deck.

"I think we best see the Captain." She said as the approached the stairs leading topside. This was honestly one of the oddest things she had had to do.

Okami kept himself getting resources for the trip, he bought two dozens of peaches and 3 pounds of meat, then he proceeded to go back to the Serpent, when he was close to the ship, he noticed a boy sited on the jetty close to the ship. In that moment one of his peaches fell of his bag and rolled toward the boy on the jetty; Okami without saying a word, took a step there to take the peach from the ground.

@Demmy

After dropping the ice box at the shop, Dale stretched and stared around. He knew there was no one in the shop, certainly not at this time. And his mother could take care of any unexpected customers. He grinned, returning to his usual place of peacefulness, staring out from under the jetty. Leaning back against a large rock, he glanced up at the wood above him, starting to count the people walking over him. Four. Five. Six. There seemed to be quite a bit. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Dale sighed, getting a little bored and loosing count. He sat up again, only to notice a peach rolling towards him. He held out his foot to prevent from rolling into the salty waves and waited for Okami to pick it up again. "Need any help there?" he asked.

Okami approached to the boy not to far from him; he needed help and he wasn't going to deny it, "...Yes", he replied as he looked at the boy, he took the peach on the floor and placed it again in one of his bags, then gave the other bag to the boy.

@Demmy

Scottie pried his eyes open and glanced at Darcia. It took a while for her words to sink in but once they did, he gave the female a nervous grin.

"Yeah... I guess you could say that."

Trying to look convincing, he waved his wing slightly in a dismissive manner, hoping the female wouldn't question his little freak out further.

"It's nothing though."

The male harpy didn't mention the other half of the hybrid harpy, he simply didn't know what to say. Sure, just the word 'demon' had a negative ring to it but it wasn't too polite to start judging others by parentage. Though Scottie couldn't help his image of Darcia shifting slightly due to the new information even if she was just half a demon. He wasn't perfect.

Dale grinned and stood from where he was, brushing off any sand or stones that may be stuck to his pants. "Alrighty, where are ya headed?" he asked, taking the bag from the person's hands and gently swinging it over his shoulder. As tall as he was, he was almost hitting his head on the jetty planks as he walked out from under the walkway.

Darcia looked a bit concerned. She could see Scottie was to make a less of a deal for it. However her demon side made it easy to spot fear. After all a real demon loves fear.
Then again everyone had fears even Darcia did. And trying to overcome it is great but being surrounded by it daily might not be that healthy.
Darcia kept her voice on low volume she didn't know what other crew members would think about someone with fear of water.
And she didn't want to ruin his chance of getting over his fear.

"I know what it's like to have a fear.. Just don't cross your own lines" As she looked a bit concerned towards the older male.
"If they give you a task thats to much for your just ask me. I'll be able to help you out." Darcia smiled a bit. "And don't worry I won't tell anyone."

In response for the boy's question, Okami turned his head and pointed with it the direction of The Serpent, which was not too far from them. He turned his body and headed out of the jetty, then he proceeded to walk toward The Serpent; there he saw from afar the two harpies in some kind of discussion, they better won't be fighting, the ship hasn't even sailed yet so he doesn't want any problems with the crew before even being on the sea.

@Demmy

(You should try to take here your other character.... I don't want to leave someone behind)

"I don't have fears."

The words came out hushed and harsher than was necessary. Scottie didn't want Darcia thinking he was weak, he didn't want anyone to think so. But there he stood with this female pitying him because she thought he was scared. Well, he wasn't. Ever. Despite his strong resolve on the matter, the male harpy still refused to look at the other one. Instead, he found the wooden planks of the ship very interesting for some reason.

However, his anger caused by the implication of his supposed fear dissipated as quickly as it came and the male felt like kicking himself in the head. Darcia wasn't announcing her observations to the rest of the crew so he could be kicked off the ship nor was she being a douche. Oh no, the female just had to be okay with his flaws and even offered her help. She was simply too nice.

Scottie's shoulders hunched slightly in shame as he briefly glanced at the hybrid standing in front of him with eyes that shone with regret. He wasn't going to start apologizing for his rude words or tone of voice with a litany of words and just chose one.

"Thanks."

((I would, 'cept, I really don't know how.))

Dale nodded, following the man towards the boat, whistling a cheerful tune as he did so. It was a lovely day and he enjoyed the sunlight that hit his face. "You don't talk much, do you?" Dale asked, glancing over at Okami ((WB, sorry.))

Okami kept himself walking as he ignored the boy's question, he just gave a step on the board, "Thanks, leave it there" he said to the young gentle as he pointed to the stairs that to the down part of the ship.

(You may want to talk to other character here or show your abilities in some way, just to make Okami interested. For the girl...Take her close to the port and make something stupid, I will take over then)

@Demmy

Rengi hummed, skipping along the road, not exactly realising when she started skipping along the jetty itself. Once she realised, though, she stopped suddenly, causing the person behind to walk straight into her. "Watch it, bird brain!" the man growled.

Rengi blinked, realising it was one of the people she had played earlier. "Oh, sorry." she cried out, stepping to the side, and almost off the edge. In surprise, she grabbed a post, managing to catch herself before falling into the water. "Okay, no more tripping over your own feet," she muttered, pulling herself back onto the jetty. "Just smooth sailing. Pfft, as if... Oh, a boat!" the girl chirped, skipping over to one of the larger ships and climbing aboard. Probably not the best choice, but it was always fun seeing the reactions of those on the deck of the (The Serpent) ship.

Dale nodded slightly. "Uh, very well," he murmured, placing the bag on the deck and looking out to the ocean. "Where are you headed anyways? Uh, you don't have to answer though, I don't mean to pry." he muttered, shaking his head. "I should go, actually."

Okami noticed the girl climbing aboard the ship, before answering the boy's question (No one in the RP knows my name yet...LOL) he went to that side of the ship to see what was about, as he walked toward the girl he turned his head and said "To the Sea of Monsters" to the boy as a response of his previous question.

"Hey, you alright?", he said to the girl as he glanced her with seriousness, this wasn't an everyday situation so...he has his reasons.

@Demmy

"The Sea of Monsters. Cool," Dale murmured, before pausing. "Wait what? the Sea of Monsters as in the place where most ships disappear?" he asked, tilting his head slightly. "Why are you headed there?"

"I am perfectly fine," Rengi replied, sort of hanging from a rope as she was interrupted sneaking onto the ship. "Why do you ask? I'm kinda busy here, too, so make it quick."

Okami replied to the boy's second question, changing his serious face to a very small sarcastic smile, "Yes, we all have our reasons", he replied to the boy; then he grabbed the girl's wrist and pulled her to the board.

"Explain", he asked to the girl before walking toward a barrel and sitting there.

@Demmy

Dale sighed. "In that case... Would I be able to join you?" he asked, though he stood back slightly, feeling a little awkward interrupting their conversation.

Rengi huffed, almost tripping as he pulled her down. "Explain what?" she asked, not looking at him. "The fact that there's an ocean or a sky?"

Okami glanced at the boy before asking him "Can you fight or do something for the crew?", then he placed back his attention on the girl.
"...Why were you climbing to the ship.....", he said to the girl as he took one of his peaches and cut it by half using his dagger, he wasn't trying to intimidate her, he was just hungry.

@Demmy

(Are we one lining too much?)

Status
Not open for further replies.