The Seven Deadly Sins - Chosen Hunters (OOC/Signup

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
But like, wouldn't he be the first cousin once removed of Bart and Leila, then? XD Oh God family trees. >_>"
*holds up confuzzled sign* I don't get family trees.
Ultimately it's up to you. If you'd rather do it that way I'm fine with it. o 3 o Though personally I think making him the uncle of them would be best, since it'd make them closer family relations. Like I said, though. It's entirely up to you. -w-
I'd love to make him uncle but I also want him to be the eldest son! That's my internal dilemma. Which one over which.
Did you name both his mother and father? 'Cause if you did I can use them for the family tree. XD Since they don't have names yet. o 3 o If you didn't I'll do it. XD
I should decide on what he'll be in relation to Bart and Leila first but Gerard and Jennifer (Jenni).

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
*holds up confuzzled sign* I don't get family trees.

I'd love to make him uncle but I also want him to be the eldest son! That's my internal dilemma. Which one over which.

I should decide on what he'll be in relation to Bart and Leila first but Gerard and Jennifer (Jenni).
Those names would work great. o 3 o So, once you've decided I'll grab them for the tree regardless. XD Like, wherever they end up is up to you but on the family tree they'll be. -w-

The thing with making him their uncle is that... even if he is in fact the younger brother, he's almost like an only child considering the age difference. And, like I said, amongst pretty much all of our characters he'd still be an authority figure, since not only is he oldest but he's also the uncle of three of these characters (Harley, too). Besides, considering his age he would kind of be like an older brother figure to most of the characters, as they grew up together. So... yeah.

• Love
Those names would work great. o 3 o So, once you've decided I'll grab them for the tree regardless. XD Like, wherever they end up is up to you but on the family tree they'll be. -w-

The thing with making him their uncle is that... even if he is in fact the younger brother, he's almost like an only child considering the age difference. And, like I said, amongst pretty much all of our characters he'd still be an authority figure, since not only is he oldest but he's also the uncle of three of these characters (Harley, too). Besides, considering his age he would kind of be like an older brother figure to most of the characters, as they grew up together. So... yeah.
*nodnods* That makes sense. I'll do the edits sometime today. If I forget just nudge me tomorrow!

• Love
Hey, I have a request. Avaon already speaks French with fluidity. But I want him to be proficient in another language. However this a fictional language from the Wheel of Time and I don't if you'd allow that...

Maybe I could use that language as a foreign language. I'd be happy with that! Or you could make it a special language. Maybe some old mystical language. Maybe the diary of Arius and Angela Cohen's grandfather was written in this language. I don't know. I'm just literally brainstorming and wondering if you'd allow me to use this language, even in though it's from an actual fandom. Oh. And I'm obsessed with the Wheel of Time. Don't mind that about me please!

This info and this glossary might come in handy.

postscript: The words Mia'cova and Mierin are from that language.

Last edited:
I like this guy :0

Again, before you and Gladis start going off and making things on your own you should make sure BOTH Berry and Jeff are fine with all these ideas regarding the Cohen family line.

Since hunters can only be from the four families, there will be many modifications. It can't be helped. However I do think they should know of all this.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
The Cohen's are generally dark haired, so unless we want to go into the technicalities of genetics... Leila's kind of an exception. Which is also why I asked you if you wanted her related to the Nolan's (the entire bunch is blond) a while back, oooor if one of her parents (presumably her mother) should have come from outside the four families. Like, Grehe are redheads and Lialrus are... blue haired? It's kinda random. X,D

That...would've been something to say the first time I posted her CS three months ago >3< I can probably change the pictures by tonight or tomorrow, since I've already had to redo her whole CS once already, but you could've told me before now...

So is Avaon her uncle or cousin or since I have to change her appearance anyway should I just do it enough so that she could pass as his little sister?

He's the Cohen family head's brother (or half-brother maybe). I don't know what that makes him to her but he should be more like a big brother to her because that's what he'll act like. He's not comfortable being an uncle.
That...would've been something to say the first time I posted her CS three months ago >3< I can probably change the pictures by tonight or tomorrow, since I've already had to redo her whole CS once already, but you could've told me before now...
I like the images! Can't her mother or someone be from one of the other families or something? *distressed*

Since hunters can only be from the four families, there will be many modifications. It can't be helped. However I do think they should know of all this.

I left him a message, he's a pretty busy guy sometimes. Hell probably pop in later today or tomorrow.

Bart's framework as a character is predicated upon him being the heir to the Cohen's and having been relatively alone. For him to have a supportive, caring uncle type character would be odd considering the physical and mental abuse his father gave him daily as a child. His morbid background is what modeled him into what he is now. If someone had been there to care for him from the start, Black Bart would have never existed.

Berry you can keep Leila as she is x'3 Not everyone in a family will look the same and not everyone will have the same hair colour.

• Thank You
Reactions: Strawberry275
I like this guy :0

Again, before you and Gladis start going off and making things on your own you should make sure BOTH Berry and Jeff are fine with all these ideas regarding the Cohen family line.

You're right. I'm trying to but puzzling things together and making them work is difficult. x.x

So is Avaon her uncle or cousin or since I have to change her appearance anyway should I just do it enough so that she could pass as his little sister?

There's no need for you to change her. I didn't say it as a way of telling you to do so. I just said what it seems like it is like in general, (considering Bard and Flynn). As Kit said, keep her as she is.

Bart's framework as a character is predicated upon him being the heir to the Cohen's and having been relatively alone. For him to have a supportive, caring uncle type character would be odd considering the physical and mental abuse his father gave him daily as a child. His morbid background is what modeled him into what he is now. If someone had been there to care for him from the start, Black Bart would have never existed.

This can easily be solved. Considering what kind of personality Bart's father seems to have, he doesn't exactly seem like the most pleasant person to deal with. That alone could be reason enough for Avaon to stay the hell away from that part of the family. In fact, the brothers may have plenty of problems amongst themselves as well, though this would still need to be discussed with @Adaon ril'Morgerard.

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
You're right. I'm trying to but puzzling things together and making them work is difficult. x.x

There's no need for you to change her. I didn't say it as a way of telling you to do so. I just said what it seems like it is like in general, (considering Bard and Flynn). As Kit said, keep her as she is.

This can easily be solved. Considering what kind of personality Bart's father seems to have, he doesn't exactly seem like the most pleasant person to deal with. That alone could be reason enough for Avaon to stay the hell away from that part of the family. In fact, the brothers may have plenty of problems amongst themselves as well, though this would still need to be discussed with @Adaon ril'Morgerard.

Haha I realize it's a bit difficult since Adaon and Jeffy bear are not here to discuss things at the same time. XD

Reactions: Gladis
@Crowley
I also just realized that the kind uncle figure doesn't work in the first place (when it comes to Bard), as there are only a few years between them. Think about it. Bard would have been raised by his parents, whereas Avaon would have been raised by his own parents and there's nothing to say they'd meet a lot except for general hunter stuff, where Leon who's the same age as Bart would have been just as present. There were probably also a few family related occasions but that's far from enough to pull Bart out of his misery. So don't worry. It is more to other, younger characters he'd be a brotherly sort of person to. Or just awesome Senpai. Whereas Bart is scary awesome Senpai. And Leon is... funny awesome Senpai?

@Crowley
I also just realized that the kind uncle figure doesn't work in the first place (when it comes to Bard), as there are only a few years between them. Think about it. Bard would have been raised by his parents, whereas Avaon would have been raised by his own parents and there's nothing to say they'd meet a lot except for general hunter stuff, where Leon who's the same age as Bart would have been just as present. There were probably also a few family related occasions but that's far from enough to pull Bart out of his misery. So don't worry. It is more to other, younger characters he'd be a brotherly sort of person to. Or just awesome Senpai. Whereas Bart is scary awesome Senpai. And Leon is... funny awesome Senpai?
Leon is flirty awesome senpai

• Bucket of Rainbows
or awesome prince senpai

• Bucket of Rainbows
I also just realized that the kind uncle figure doesn't work in the first place (when it comes to Bard), as there are only a few years between them.
Yep! That's true. As I said, he's not an uncle figure. He's too young for that. When I think of Uncle, I'm thinking of some middle-aged portly bearded man with a wide smile and too many earrings. Wait... that's a medieval merchant.

• Bucket of Rainbows
@Aka~Kitsune; @Gladis;

I have to admit that Avaon is only in his Beta version now. As is the case with a lot of my characters, I think them through deeply and forget to take notes and then when I'm finally writing them down I miss some important details. That's why when I remember I'll have to add them to his Sheet.

And also, Gladis, I agree that Envy should know Mierin. Mierin doesn't have to be in her relationships listing but I think Envy should know her. I just don't know if Mierin will be a demon under Envy or not.

[Lastly, Avaon has displayed some skill in speaking a strange language. He does not know what it is, nor does anyone else seem to, however he sometimes speaks it without realizing he has spoken it.]
His weapons, are, of course, forged with fire, steel and spells. They need to be able to penetrate through protections that a powerful demon might have. It needs to be able to hurt all kinds of demons. Demons that cannot be hurt by normal steel will be hurt by this. Demons that are not entirely substantial (wraith-like demons etc.) will still be able to be touched by his weapons. Avensurha has forged the weapons well.
I have added these to Avaon. I never got a Yes or No on whether I should let Avaon speak the Old Tongue so I put that part in brackets, until you decide!

Also, Avensurha is a character I'm intending to make. Not a hunter. He's a blacksmith of Ashbourne. Maybe the best (or maybe the only one). I don't know. You GMs are in charge of lore! I just think up interesting characters and RP them. That also reminds me that I need to type up Mierin.

Status
Not open for further replies.