The Saviors

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
(Welcome back! No need to be sorry : ) I'm glad you're back~)

Karma doesn't really listen to Abram's wisdom, hearing and letting the words fall away. He replies solemnly, not really saying it to anyone, but saying it all the same.
Talrich was never a king...
Talrich is a legendary being, famed for many things, but mainly being on the same power level as a god despite being a human. He was the only person to ever learn how to use all magic at a masterful level, as well as how to use any weapon or medicine. Basically if you took all of the best qualities of all four kingdoms, put them in a blender and made a person out of it, Talrich would be that person.

• Love
Reactions: Kitten_
Abram was quiet for a long moment, unsure what to say in response. He looked to Avira as she closed her eyes.

Avira closed her eyes, taking a soft, but deep breath. She hadn't really been listening to what they were saying, more intent on helping Karma. She gently hovered her hands over his wounds, silent. She focused her energy into the mending spell, wanting to heal him. Her hands began to glow a very soft teal.

Abram knew he shouldn't disturb her. He looked back to Karma. "What about Talrich?" He asked Karma quietly. He knew the stories of the ancient man, but knew not why Karma mentioned him now.

Karma winced as he shifted slightly, but not enough to mess up whatever Avira is doing.
You said that even the greatest people need allies, but Talrich didn't...
Karma turns to look at Abram firmly.
And if he didn't, then I shouldn't either... I'm a protector, it's my job to keep people safe... I shouldn't make others look after me... Least of all my friends...

Abram shifted. "But how long did it take him to get there?" He asked quietly.

Avira closed her eyes tighter, slowly closing her hands as his wounds started to stitch themselves together. Her eyelids started to softly glow as her hands grew a darker blue, all her energy focused on him.

Karma scoffs and turns away.
That's no fair, nobody knows that... Okay, well maybe some do, but I'm pretty damn sure they you don't either!

Abram shook his head. "I don't either, but I can be fairly certain he wasn't born indestructible." He said softly.

Avira suddenly released her hands, soft sparks flying from them and her eyes. She blinked before collapsing back on the ground, breathing heavily, for the most part, all that was left was a few scratches and some bruises. Her eyes were still flickering blue.

Karma all but jumped out of the room, almost a blur as he got out of the chair and grabbed Avira, cradling her in his arms and resting his head on hers, rocking them both back and forth. He almost completely forgets about Abram, completely forgetting his own counter argument.
I'm sorry Avira, I'm so so so sorry. I should have said no, I should've done better... I'm sorry...

Avira smiled a little, resting her head against him. "It's ok.."
she said quietly. She didn't really move, knowing she couldn't stand on her own, not yey anyway. She closed her eyes as the remaining essence of the spell left her.
"I'm just glad it worked.. I've never tried that one before." She looked up at him, the concern from before replaced now by a happy, tranquil look.

Abram was surprised by Karma's sudden movement. He watched them both for a few moments before going to make a simple broth to help re-energize her.

Karma smiles back at her before looking around, and seeing that the couch is open, he picks up Avira, realizing with a start how light she is. He sets her gently on the couch, wrapping up a small but soft blanket and setting it under her head as a makeshift pillow before finding another larger blanket that had been discarded and laying it over her. He just couldn't understand, as he sat watching her with his hands gently hold one of hers... Why her? She was supposed to be his enemy, his rival, but now he finds that he cares more for her than any other person, even his cousin. He leans forward, planting a small kiss on her hand.
Sleep now... Heh, that's what you get for taking care of an idiot like me...
Karma leans back and lets go of Avira's hand, waiting for Abram.

Avira was surprised as she was picked up, but then relaxed, letting her eyes close again. They flickered as he kissed her hand, but she didn't respond, already beginning to fall asleep.

Abram returned almost and hour later and offered Karma some soup.
"Here." He said as he set two bowls down, one for Karma and one for Avira when she woke up.
"She should be fine in an hour or so... she was much more careful this time, when healing you." He smiled before going to check on the children.

Karma looks at the soup, the knot in his stomach squeezing tighter.
More careful?... This is truly dangerous for her... I can't risk another's life...
Karma stood and quietly walked out the door, grabbing a piece of charcoal from the now extinguished fireplace. He walks out and begins writing on an easy to notice slab of stone before looking back, his heart heavy.
I can't risk it any more... From now on, I walk alone...
Karma turns and runs off, surprisingly fast for one so large. He is over a hill in about a minute, running back towards the mountains, towards Delain and Livrai, as well as towards the danger that still remained.
If everyone is truly going to be safe, I must destroy those people, no matter the cost!

Speaking of:
Necropolis cringes as another pot is smashed against the wall, Statik's fury at the heroes' escape seeming to never end. Luckily him and Leo had nothing to do with it, otherwise they would probably be the ones being shattered against a wall.
DAMN THAT GUARDIAN TO THE HELL HE SHOULD BE GUARDING! RRAAAAHH!!!
Another item smashes against the wall next to Necropolis, considerably closer. Finally she turns her gaze to him, though he feels no fear towards it like he should.
You... I can understand why Leo might mess this up, but... YOU! How was he still ALIVE, after I give you explicit orders to KILL HIM?! it's just as easy as swinging your sword and, hey, THERE GOES HIS HEAD!
Necropolis replies calmly, his temper lost with age.
It was not yet his time.
THAT IS NOT FOR YOU TO DECIDE!
It is only for me to decide... The void has addled your mind, made you forget certain things... The lich, king of all the souls of the dead and damned, is me, and has been me for neigh over 900 years, since before you were sealed away if I remember correctly. Grimm is my reaper, and though his whereabouts are unknown to me while under your service, he takes the souls I tell him to take... He has something about him that even you do not realize yet, so if I had killed him, it would only make us worse off.
There is a long silence as Statik stares angrily into Necropolis' calm chilling eyes before she turns away, blasting another pot with electricity.
Very well then, but know that my respect and trust for you has decreased significantly... Now get out of my sight.
Necropolis bows and walks away, saying something as he leaves that staggers the goddess.
Your progress has faltered, ma'am.

• Love
Abram returned to see Karma gone. He stared at the door with a sigh.
"This may not be good..." he looked back to Avira and tucked the blanket in around her before going to check on the children. He feared what her response would be when she woke up, which wouldn't be for another two hours.

Karma had covered a significant amount of ground since he had left, especially with righteous fury burning in him. By the two hour mark, he had climbed through a small canyon in the mountains and was almost surprised at his own progress as he walked in the forest closer to Livrai, though he hadn't realized that himself. He had been walking carefully, looking for any evidence to the whereabouts of his enemies when his sword began to glow softly. Not a moment later, an arrow whizzed past him a near hairsbreadth away from his eye, sticking into the dirt. Before he could even react, a figure dropped to the ground behind him, putting a blade to his throat. A voice spoke as two more figures dropped to the ground, male with a slight Spanish accent.
Who are you, coming into Livrai's territory so heavily armed?
Before he could respond, his arm is yanked up and they see the insignia on his gauntlet.
Ah, so you're this Captain Karmann everyone seems to think so highly of? I'm sure the king and queen would be very interested in what you're doing spying on us!
Once again, before Karma can respond, he is hit on the back of the head with a very heavy object, knocking him unconscious.
(I forgot to tell you what Karma wrote. :P )
Dear partner,
While I know deep down in my heart that we will meet again, I simply cannot bear the thought of you risking your own health on my behalf. I cannot say the words in person, for I feel a great conflict of emotions when I attempt to do so, but know that I care for you more than I have cared for anyone in a long time. It is this feeling that makes my heart soar when you speak and cry when you're in pain. I know that you will not listen, for this is your quest as much as my own, but please, do not worry yourself about this threat any longer. Go home and enjoy your life with friends and family, and forget about me. It is for your own good.
Karma, your friend.

When Avira woke up, she sat up slowly.
Abram quickly reached up. "Hey, hey... how are you?"
Immediately she pulled away. "Where's Karma?"
"He Uhm... he's busy."

Avira immediately started getting up. "You're lying... where.. where is he." She pushed herself up and stumbled a step before she straightened. "Tell me where he is." Her eyes glared at him as she picked up her stuff.

"He.. Avira, you must rest-" Abram didn't have a chance to finish before she turned, walking out to find Karma's note. She knelt down, reading it slowly before she grit her teeth. She grabbed her gear and stood. "Karma why..." she whispered, looking up at the sky. She glanced back to Abram. "You let him leave??"

"I... I wasn't in there..." He said quietly.

Karma slowly woke in handcuffs in a dungeon.
What?... How did I?... Oh crap!
Karma all but leaps to his feet, wrenching on his bindings with all his might, though without any headway.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Those bindings are magic, and they tighten every time you struggle.
Karma looks down at his hands, noting the truth of that statement as the bindings feel tighter already.
Why am I here?
How about you tell me that, spy!
Karma shakes his head, trying to clear it, though his mind feels foggy.
Spy?... I'm not a spy...
A tall man with long blonde hair and green eyes emerges from the shadows, looking for any sign or hint that he may be lying.
We shall see about that, prisoner.

Avira stood, turning away from Abram. "I need to find him.." she looked back at the note Karma had left. "Dusk..." she suddenly looked around, letting out a high-pitched whistle. There was no response. She turned to Abram now, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Stay safe."
She then turned on her heel, starting off at a jog. She needed to return home to find her horse. She knew he probably returned home. If she could find Dusk, perhaps she could catch Karma. Right now, it was her best option..

Another hour passes before the man returns, with a similar looking female as well, something that Karma realizes must be normal to these people.
Congratulations captain, you get a fair trial before the king and queen decide your fate. Up.
Karma does not respond for a moment before standing up, walking grudgingly towards the gate of his cell.
I've let them down... I've let you all down...
This catches the man off guard, and he studies Karma for a moment before turning, with the female grabbing his restraints a little too tightly.
I'm sure you have...

Avira didn't stop running until she collapsed, exhausted. She took a few deep breaths, gently rubbing her muscles. She whistled again, hoping her horse was close... but nothing. She did not sit long, only for a few minutes before standing and jogging now. Occasionally she'd let out a whistle here and there, hoping Dusk could hear.

Karma is lead through many halls before coming to the throne room, where Avira had first embarked on her quest. In their respective thrones are the king and queen, with their daughter standing behind them. They look regal, as they wait for Karma's trial to begin. Karma is pushed down to his knees before them as the other two bow as well.
My lord and lady, this is the intruder we spoke to you of, none other than Karmann, Captain of the fool king's guard.
(I'm not very good at doing royalty, could you do the king and queen? You could do their daughter too if you want, but I don't know what she'd say.)
((Post #200! WOOT! _A_ ))

• Love