• Interaction: @SolsticeArcanum @dark @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kirie98 @MrMeekins @Topless

"But Professor, there's also Caliburn, isn't there? Before it was renamed into Excalibur--I've read in a university library." Luke responded, taking note that when Steven tried moving the loose sword, it seemed to be jammed. "Ah, how brilliant, Professor! The answer's in plain sight!" He smiled, as the Professor took the sword that is directly ontop of the rock, which pulled off quite easily--this, in turn, allowed Steven's sword to slide onto the top, fulfilling the lever's purpose. This in turn allowed some gears to turn in the distance, which directed Luke's attention to the painting he was investigating earlier.

The painting now bore a new plaque underneath it, reading 'The First Day of Summer.' After which, a rotating nameplate showing all of the months, from January to December.

"Resolve the conflict within the Blood of Kings...I think it has something to do with Mordred and Arthur." Luke deduced, "The puzzles in this room appeared to be themed around Arthurian Lore." He then went to the chessboard Lancelot had failed to solve. He began to place the following pieces inside the circle of pawns.

White King, White Queen, The Black Bishop.

Outside,

The Rooks.

"All that's missing is the piece that represents Mordred..." Luke gained a spark of inspiration, glancing back to the painting puzzle. What happened to Mordred on that ship? Why was he sent there in the first place?

". . ." Elira fell silent at Lancelot's remark. Perhaps orders were meant to be exempted when important lives are involved. Even still, this fight seemed important to Artoria and Mordred--one couldn't help but ask why.

"Kh--?!" Caught unaware, Mordred swung her blade as Artoria flew by, making a cut at her side before Mordred's blade could hit anything, causing her side to bleed out as she stumbled, glowing purple eyes still taking hold of her as she lost her grip on her sword.

Again, the static-like voice began to speak through Mordred's mouth.

"I̷s̴ ̷i̴t̶ ̴h̴a̸t̵e̵?̶ ̷D̶o̵ ̸y̸o̶u̴ ̴h̶a̵t̸e̵ ̵m̵e̸?̷!̷" Mordred turned to Artoria, her hold on Clarent tightening as she lunged at the King of Knights with nothing but blind rage in her eyes as she repeated the words once spoken in Camlamn. "Y̴o̶u̵ ̶h̷a̵t̶e̸ ̸m̴e̸ ̶b̶e̸c̸a̵u̷s̸e̸ ̵I̶ ̸w̴a̸s̸ ̷b̷o̵r̷n̵ ̴t̸o̸ ̵a̶ ̶w̸i̶t̵c̷h̶?̵!̸" Like Excalibur, Clarent became coated in dark lightning completely, surging in mana, akin to a Noble Phantasm. "A̷N̸S̶W̴E̷R̶ ̴M̶E̴,̵ ̴A̶R̴T̴H̸U̴R̷!̴" She swung her blade down at Artoria.

Surely there must be a hidden meaning to this.

As Mash revealed the partial reason as to why the conflict between Mordred and Arthur existed, mentioning that she was rejected by her own father. Even then, Katrielle couldn't piece together what they should do about Mordred. Is striking her down really the answer here?

• Interaction: @SorryTM @Captain Gensokyo @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @SolsticeArcanum @Topless

"Sadly, yeah...They're real creepy, and appear at random too." Yumesaki sighed, "Not to mentioned those Floor Guardians, The Majorities. We kinda needed to hunt them down to get off of this Floor." She explained to the trio as Destoroyah explained that they couldn't really leave without clearing every floor.

"Like a game dungeon or something...?" Kobayashi asked, "What Floor is this, actually and how many are there...?"

"The second one. Well, third if you count the lobby."

"Out of...?"

"12."

"Ugh." Kobayashi groaned, hearing the number. "Sounds like quite the trek..." She scratched her head before being asked if they're hungry. "I could use a coffee break to process all this...How about you?" She glanced at HUNK, who seemed worried about the prospect of more monsters to deal with.

• Interaction: @Kirie98

"I get what you mean. Dude's an awesome fighter for someone who hadn't fought in his life until recently." Juran chuckled at Nero's story, reminding him of how he met Kaito. "He's got that vibe that pulls people towards him--it's what made me decide to join him as the second Zenkaiger. He's a good kid. Kinda stupid at times, but a good kid." He said before both of them noticed something in the thick shrubbery.

"A lotta trees in the way." He said, squinting his robotic eyes to see what was shining. "I think it's a chest, but..." Juran took out the Geartlinger. "One way to find out--let's cut these trees." He popped in a gear with a red engraving on it instead of the usual gold. Marked number 16. "Change Zenkai!"

16-BANG! ZENKAI JURRRRRAN!

Once more, Juran had donned his red armor, allowing him to take out his sword. However, as he swung his blade down to cut the the tree, the tree's branch moved to grab the sword in place.

"Eh?" Juran muttered as the tree began to move, its bark separating into multiple segments as it uprooted itself, revealing monsters in the shape of trees--cobbled together, guarding a golden chest.

unknown.png

--{[Trevenant]}--
    The Elder Tree Pokemon​

"You've got to be kidding me." Juran sighed before being pushed back by a literal fucking tree, the other trees beginning to surround them--4 in total. "Guess we kinda barked up the wrong tree here."

One of the trees approaching Nero and thrusting its branch at the Emperor, which seemed to be similar to iron in toughness!

--{[Priestess' Shrine]}-->
    =[Offertory Hall]=
    Interaction: @Kirie98

"Y-yeah...On it." Ikki nodded, getting up and limping towards the door. However, as he was doing just that, another figure with blue eyes started walking, manifesting from [Shiki]'s back, walking slowly towards Ikki.

dezwg1t-86590695-d2fd-480c-b14f-c92236c99df6.png

--{[All Jacked Up]}--
    Jack Revice​

It looked to be Ikki's Rex form except completely black and steel grey with bits of blue on the chest and the eyes. The left side of the suit is completely spiky, up to its helmet. This grey Revi approached the injured Ikki, who realized that someone was following him in the fog.

Fortunately for him, Kami entered the fray and kicked the grey armored man away, landing in front of Ikki.

"Dammit, I'm late." Kami groaned, his mask turning green as he glanced to the injured man behind him. "Shiki, I'll begin healing procedures on him." He said, his arms growing large and beefy in the process. "I implore you to protect me--NANNANOKONOKI!" He raised his arms, forming a tree construct behind him, beginning to heal Ikki--its healing effects can be felt by Shiki as well.

Seeing this, [Shiki] began to use her own Mystic Eyes to determine where to attack--having barely missed Ikki's Death line before. She would then make the first move, lunging towards Shiki with a blade drawn, blade on both hands, aiming for her pelvis--she could be targeting a line!

=[Backhouse]=
    Interaction: @SolsticeArcanum

Once the gauntlet had hit the boulder, the King would discover that a giant shield was where the Hero was, causing Ala's bandages to fail wrapping around it. The shield would begin to move, aiming to ram King Ala as it broke out of the house!

• Interaction: @Hahli Nuva @dark @SorryTM @IamBread @Topless @Captain Gensokyo

--{{Courtyard]}-->

"Hmm...Let's split up then. One group look for her in the east, the other over there. Hopefully she doesn't want to squash everyone when she sees us." Ruby said, seeing that the bread man had already moved to the huge door. "Imma go look for them in the east door." She said, walking ahead of the others, going for where the guards where going.

--{[Main Hall -- Throne Room]}-->

When the Breadman entered the door atop the stairs, he would be greeted by an elaborately lit room. Shining in gold, topped with red carpets and an equally shiny gold throne at the farthest back of the room. However...It doesn't look like anyone's here.

Bummer.

--{[East Door - Ballroom]}-->
    nfbggvsejb051.jpg

(pic largely unrelated)

The east door appears to have led into a ballroom in the middle of decoration. Tables arranged to the sides with a large space in the middle--which had a ladder as they were still setting up red strips of fabric on the chandeliers hanging overhead. The ballroom appears to be largely made out of gold decor--shining and shimmering; almost blinding if not for the red tables, carpets and other decorations.

"No, no, other way, mongrel!" A woman's voice, distorted with an overlay of other posh sounding voices, called out from a corner. It came from this monocolored being, glowing and pulsating like slime. It had a golden mask and blonde hair. It appears to be dressed in a ballgown, holding a golden rod as she instructed the Goldarmors on where to attach the red fabric, pinning it under the chandelier itself and managing to get the jewelry to hang underneath.

3_-_The_Empress.png

--{[Majority Empress]}--
    Eternal Blooming Rose​

"There we go! Now it looks fabulous." The woman giggled, "Oh when those Ascendants get here, I'll give them the time of their lives! But suppose I'll have to charge their card afterwards." She shrugged, "But that comes later!"

She seems to be in good spirits, looking forward to this ball for you guys' sake. Unlike the Pillars, she doesn't seem to be hostile. In fact, she seemed to be a rather peaceful entity. I wonder if all the other Pillars are like her.

--{[Town Gates]}-->
    Interaction: @Gotham Knight Todd

"That really depends on which floor you're talking about. Since the Cycle just started, a buncha Ascendants been winding up into other 8 Floors one after the other. Hell, you just showed up after a group had climbed up from Floor 1." The voice explains, "Now usually us Majorities don't give a shit about the group. In fact, it's part of the test to see who's worthy of The World's blessing. But the group that had just climbed up is...Let's just say one of them's messing things up for the worse." He says, moving onto Jason's next question.

"He's doing fine. He's been saved from getting mauled by a Shadow by a robot vigilante, a witch, and some roman dude. Former god, I think. Hard to tell." He answered, an orange light soon poking out of the shadows like a Green Lantern's power ring creating constructs, forming silhouettes of the three that save them. One was a lion-themed robot, one was a black haired woman with guns on her heels, and Ben.

ponkotsu-chan-kenshouchuu-37508.jpg

--{[Little Miss Power Roulette]}--
    Hirari Yumesaki​

"That group's capable enough, so I say your kid's in good hands. In all honesty, I don't really care if you don't kill all of them." The voice admits, the construct soon shifting into the image of what seems to be an innocent looking highschool girl. "I just want to make sure you kill this girl in particular. Her name's Yumesaki Hirari--she can hold and use any kind of superpower. You can see how she's gonna make a mess of things, don't you?"

• Interaction: @Gotham Knight Todd @LuckycoolHawk9 @Frozen Thyme

"This place is in a tower?" Gaon would ask, looking up to the skies. "This place must be real fancy--It doesn't feel so artificial." He says before Ben mentioned something about his friends being here. "You know Kaito?!" He asked, focusing on Ben. "Is he alright? He's not hurt or anything, is he?" He asked worriedly, like a mom as Ben would carry Richie as he asked how are they going to find his father. "I'm sure he'll find you soon enough~" Gaon says cheerfully, trying to encourage Richie. "If I know anything about humans, is that they'll be looking all over the place for their children."

• HUNK's head slumped as an exasperated groan emanated from behind his gas mask. "I don't really need coffee, but..." he could feel eyes on him expectantly. "Agh... screw it." He gestured with his hand for someone to bring him a cup before he took a seat. Given he had no reason to hide his face, he wasn't too hesitant to pry off the gas mask and helmet, revealing the features underneath. As expected, he had a cold look in his eyes to match his body language.

"I don't know if my ammo will hold for twelve floors," HUNK added, checking the magazine of his MP5. Roughly half full... He swapped it for a fresh one.

1652158804754.png

@SorryTM @Captain Gensokyo @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @SolsticeArcanum @Topless @ThePotatoGod
  • Bayonetta strolled along after freeing up her hands; the two guns disappeared into her hair, without a trace. "Somehow, this doesn't surprise me," she admitted. "I've seen stranger things in towers, dear Gaon. A forest here does not surprise me."

As for the question of how they'd find this kid's father... Well, the witch was at a loss there. "At the very least, we could find a more appropriate babysitter and then find this 'daddy' character. Do you have someone at your camp who fits the bill, Ben?" she asked semi-sweetly. Dragging Richie wherever they went would be risky.

@Gotham Knight Todd @LuckycoolHawk9 @ThePotatoGod

Jason Todd

Okay that was a bit more of a relief to him. But only for a few seconds. The revelation that there was a being that could take any superpower it wanted alarmed him. Yes he could very much so see how and why she might pose a problem and a threat to the place around them. He would definitely want to protect his son from that as well. He decided he would kill her, and only her if it came to it. He hoped maybe she would meet someone else first and that fight might end her. He really did not want to explain to Richie why he killed someone.

"Thank you for your transparency here. I will see what I can do about her. That is quite a danger to have." Maybe he could slip away if he saw her and take care of it away from Richie's terrified eyes, he did not want any of them hurt that was for sure there. He was having flashbacks to battles with Amazo. His ability to copy leaguers powers made him one of the most dangerous enemies they had ever faced. He had to know the dangers of fighting her, so he would approach with caution the way he would Amazo.

"I hate to ask one more thing, but I seem to be missing my duffel bag. It has a few emergency changes of clothes in it. Do you perhaps know where it wound up? If not I'll look for it on my own." He was still suspicious of this individual, but he knew that he needed help and the duffel bag had some more things of his that could help as well. But priorities said he needed those changes of clothes just incase. Plus he really didn't want something to get ahold of his grenades.

Of course he was relieved to hear that Richie was okay. And he owed this individual a great thanks. He at least knew his son was alive and with a group of people who were presumably safe, though knowing him he might still get really upset when he saw the group. He was trying to make lab an apology in advanced.

"Thank you for telling me that my Richie is okay." He slipped his mask on and turned in the direction he had been told the tower was in. His decision was pretty simple now. Find Richie, find and end the target. Hopefully find somewhere safe to stay with his son while he tried to figure out where they were and hopefully a way to start trying to get them home from here.

They had a lot on their plate here, gin and everyone else that was here. Even this suspicious guy seemed to be quite busy with what he was doing to try and keep this place alive.

"This is all one hell of a way to spend my day. And seems like it won't change for the foreseeable future. I won't forget my task or the kindness you have paid me this day. I have to see my son first, but the. I have to protect him. I am sure you understand."

He looked over the fields and forest before him. This would be the only way he could try to save Richie, and ensure the boy stayed safe.

"Any words of advise for the takedown on my target?" Jason asked as one last question. Maybe he was abusing the help, but he sure as hell needed it.

Richard "Richie" Todd

Richie laid his head against the kind man's shoulder, still clinging to Oswald and his sippy cup as the man started to walk. It sounded like a lot of people, usually the boy would be nervous about such a big group without his father, but these people had been nothing but nice so far.

It took a few moments for the boy to work up the courage needed to speak but he was able to do it, quite confinidently too as he removed his lollipop for one moment to deliver his usual little speak about his name and what he could be called by others.

"My name is Richard Todd, but everyone calls me Richie. So you guys can call me Richie." The boy said proudly with a bit of a smile. He then held up his bear. "This is Oswald. He is my best friend!" The boy then lifted the bear in front of his face before talking through him in a silly voice.

"I am Oswald! Richie here is my best friend and the coolest little dud ever." Though he soon lost interest in ventriloquizing his bear and returned to quietly sucking on his sucker.

Now that the boy was not under attack from those scary things he had been under attack from, Richie actually found the area quite beautiful. Though the shadows the trees cast where kind of scary, maybe they would allow his daddy to find him by using his powers to step out of random shadows. Yeah that would be good, then daddy could meet his new friends! They would all be very happy friends together!

He blinked and started to watch as bees and butterflies alike flew around visiting the many flowers that this wonderful forest had. How interesting, perhaps they could see some animals later. Maybe if he was lucky he might see Grandpa or one of his aunts and uncles walking Ace to easier get back to Daddy.

Though something was bugging the boy. "What does art-arti-arti-fishial mean?" The child had never heard a word like that actually used outside of boring tv commercials for stuff that was not so good tasting. Though his dad always seemed to be taking note of what foods did and did not have this artifishial stuff in them. Though he had no clue why, if it was in good then it must be good to eat after all.

Interactions: @ThePotatoGod @LuckycoolHawk9 @Frozen Thyme

Last edited:

• "Alrighty then, but um..." Filia had realized something and then she turned to Des to ask "Do you know any place to grab something to eat? I mean, you've been here longer than me, right?"

@SorryTM @Captain Gensokyo @SolsticeArcanum @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @Kirie98 @Frozen Thyme @ThePotatoGod

• Artoria saw that Mordred was getting more agitated and a lot more angry, speaking the same words as she had said to her when the two were alive in their battle. Mordred went for the the attack, prompting Artoria to parry the blow and retaliate with a swing of her own. Her mind is having a mix up in this situation. One could tell that Artoria doesn't want to kill Mordred, but felt that something inevitable had to be done in order to clear this stage.

@SolsticeArcanum @dark @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kirie98 @MrMeekins @ThePotatoGod

• Adam went along with Ruby to the east where they entered the ballroom where the party is being held. He looked around and noticed the Empress. "Looks like we found our target." He said.

@Hahli Nuva @ddark @SorryTM @IamBread @ThePotatoGod

• 1652211482819.png
    Lancelot turned around. He looked at Mordred with dulled eyes and Arondight raised. "Sorry kid.." Lancelot stabbed Mordred in the nape of her neck and lower skull in a similar way to a executioner.

• 1652211613025.png
    Des would looked at Filia with a blank expression, "There may have been some sort of food stands at the kingdom, but there also seems to be party over in the Eastern area, so it may have food." He stood up and wings bursted out of his back. "I'll go check the East to find out if they have food. I'll be back as soon as I can." Des would then fly East.

• 1652212024849.png
    Ala would extend the his bandage fingers and make a wall. The rest of him would turn into a snake the bandages, his bandage wall would separate from him then it would fall. The Snake Ala would slither behind the shielded hero and bite their ankle putting a curse of rottIng on them making their body slowly rot from the ankle up, the curse will fully affect the hero in 5 minutes at least.

Last edited:
Greg walked towards throne then would sit on it then would face forward and staying still falling asleep, but it wouldn't be easy to see that he was asleep.

• Interaction: @SolsticeArcanum @dark @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kirie98 @MrMeekins @Topless

Upon being parried, it would seem that the tables were turned as the swing caused Mordred to lose Clarent in the same vein Artoria had lost Excalibur in their original duel, which caused her to ski towards Lancelot, who was already on his way to kill off Mordred with Arondight.

The cut glowed in a mystical light, wringing around Mordred's neck and exploded.

Curiously, however, instead of her head being completely blown off, Modred's body glowed bright purple, letting out a loud squeal as the purple glow was purged from her body. Eyes reverting into the usual green hue before falling onto her knees, breathing heavily.

"This...Is...?" The static in Mordred's voice was gone, clutching her wounded head, she groaned. "Shit...What's going on here...?" She breathed heavily, this battle obviously taken a toll on her, glaring at whatever's in front of her. "Father...?" She asked, recognizing Artoria.

Even with this defeat, the Test doesn't appear to be completed.

'Psst, Saber, Berserker!' Whispered Katrielle onto their minds. 'Mordred's down, and the room recognizes it--but I don't think that's the solution here.' She says, 'Resolve all conflict within the blood of kings. I think there are some things you need say to your son, King Arthur.'

• Interaction: @SorryTM @Captain Gensokyo @Crow @dark @SolsticeArcanum @Topless

"But wasn't there a Cafeteria in that building?" Yumesaki says, leading the newcomers as well as the others towards the stone structure. "The food there is surprisingly good. You should try it!" She said as she overheard HUNK wondering if his ammunition will be enough for 12 floors.

Kobayashi noticed something odd about the tent set up near the structure, turning to HUNK.

"Hey, don't you think that looks like something the military would set up?" She gestured over to the tent, with the right angle, one could see that there are military grade crates--ammunition. Or even better: Weaponry.

• --{[Backhouse]}--

Running into the wall King Ala had built, the Hero would attempt to leap into the air, jumping from the shield that he himself had ran with, but before he could do a sick flip, however, the mummy king's snake arms had bitten his ankle, causing him to fall flat in front of King Ala, struggling to get up.

"Come on, Hero...Snap out of it!" Naughtyfins begged, priming her pike which emitted a cold blue glow.

• --{[Ballroom Hall]}-->
    Interaction: @dark @SorryTM @IamBread @ThePotatoGod

"Yeah...Let's talk to her." Ruby nodded at Adam's assessment. From the looks of things, the Empress doesn't seem to want any trouble. Based on what they've heard, it's almost as if she doesn't care about this whole Ascendant business--whatever that is.

As the pair approached the Majority, the Golden Guards would stare at them, as if noticing their presence.

"Uh--" Ruby uttered, but as she reached the chair the Empress was reaching on, the Goldarmors raised their guard, as if expecting an attack. This, in turn, made Ruby jump a bit in surprise. A little flinch, but nothing too drastic. "Hi?"

"Hm?" The Majority turned to the red riding hood, a brow raised under her mask. "My, aren't you two cute." She complimented, though her eyes seemed to focus more on Adam--the epitome of human handsomeness. "If you're here, then that must mean you're the Ascendants the World warned me about! Oh goodie!" She giggled, crossing her legs as she turned to the duo. "So, what can little ol' Empress do for you two?" She asked, seemingly open for negotiations.

--{[Town Gates]}-->
    Interaction: @Gotham Knight Todd

"No can do on that one. Everything not on your person would wind up in one of the chests scattered about in any of the floors. If you see a gold chest, open it and try your luck." The voice then explained, before being asked on how to takedown the target. "Fortunately for you, this one's a major amateur. Can't even use her powers right. But even then, she managed to disrupt one our security measures in the floor below." He explained, "The tough part, however comes from her companions. If you go in guns blazing, those guys will try to take you down, too. Most of them are particularly super powered as well--especially the pink puffball. Watch out for the pink puffball, I'm dead serious." The orange constructs then shifted into what would be his obstacles--the girl's companions with her.

• Skullgirls_filia.jpg

--{[Conjoined Hair-Twins]}--
      Filia​

• 1652056432346-png.229292

--{[The Destroyer]}--
      Destoroyah​

• 01_3D_Kirby_Normal_11.jpg

--{[Void Eternal]}--
      Kirby​

• 679-6794124_resident-evil-anime-hunk-png-download-hunk-resident.png

--{[The 4th Survivor]}--
      HUNK​

• 6a0df74a70af173d55c55fb793c3436b.png

--{[Of Dragonborn]}--
      Kanna Kamui​

• kikai_sentai_zenkaiger_zenkaizer_render_by_zer0stylinx_defvb97-fullview.png

--{[Flamboyant Secret Power]}--
      Zenkaizer​

• spawn-300-L.png

--{[Literal Demon]}--
      Spawn​

• 41UEBm0oscL._AC_.jpg

--{[Telepath]}--
      Satori Komeiji​

• productimg

--{[Telepath 2]}--
      Koishi Komeiji​

• ffe378eb5c7f53bea5959553f02867be.png

--{[Hero With 10 Million Faces]}--
      Benjamin Kirby Tennyson​

"I suggest you take down the target stealthily. If you alert these guys, you might get overwhelmed in a head on fight. And this is without one of their heavy hitters too, who went off to look for a Majority to fight." The voice explained, "...One of my kind, unlike me, they get to do what they want here since it's their jurisdiction." He said, the constructs soon dying out. "Oh, I just remembered. What's your name?" He asks, "If you succeed, I might be able to pull some strings to get you and your kid out quicker. I do live between the last floor and the roof, after all."

• Interaction: @Gotham Knight Todd @LuckycoolHawk9 @Frozen Thyme

"Artificial--it's when something natural is recreated with other materials. Usually metal." Gaon explained to the child as best he could. "Like, for example, flowers made from plastic that's been used as decorations." He said, smiling a bit as he explained, "It's like, preserving how cute it looks! "

And so, the gang would proceed to move northeastward. So far, nothing was being encountered. Ben knows how weird it must feel, due to how the last time he headed this way, his group was attacked by more monsters--must be Kaito's fault.

Still, the Center is still a ways away...What do you talk about?

Layton took a glance at the painting, and immediately then, he knew what the answer was. "Well Luke, King Arthur had a rather... wrongful encounter with half-sister Morgause which in turn, led to the birth of their son: Mordred." Layton then places his hand on his chin as he slowly paces the room, occupied with telling Luke the story which he was recalling.
"In an attempt to get rid of Mordred, he had sent all of the children born the same day as poor Mordred to sea. This day was of course, the first day of Summer."
Layton then turns the rotating nameplate to the answer: May.

Steven Grant

" I know that I haven't been much help, but I think Professor, you are wrong about when summer starts. It may be really hot in the middle of May and can feel like you can go to the beach and everything in the states do open at the end of May, but summer, the actual season-"
He would spin the plate over to June. " Is actually June. I can understand the mistake though, it's very easy to forget."

@MrMeekins @ThePotatoGod @SolsticeArcanum @dark @Kirie98 @Topless

Nathan Drake

Nathan was surprised that the Empress had asked what they wanted so directly and that was a surprising thing to realize. Usually, there was some sort of catch or gimmick when it came to royalty. " We need a keycard to get the elevator to work outside, you wouldn't have a way to give it to us so we can on our way?" He had a feeling they were going to have to go through the dance first, but he hoped he was wrong.

@dark @SorryTM @IamBread @ThePotatoGod

Ben

Ben was not used to people showing any sort of affection. So it was a little weird when the boy had rest so easily on his shoulder. Was this what having a kid was like? God, now he wanted one with Jed. Hopefully, there was some magic way to do that when they got back to their home world. "Well, it's nice to meet both of you, Richie and Oswald. I'm sure that he is Oswald." He didn't want to correct the child as he had just told the group that he was the most boring person that he knew.

It was weird to not be attacked by monsters. "You know, I just realized something, Richie. We don't have any clue what we are looking for? What does your dad look like?" He asked.

@Frozen Thyme @ThePotatoGod @Gotham Knight Todd

• "Hmm?" After being lead to the stone structure, they would notice a tent that was set up. "I've never seen that before. Was it there all this time?" Filia would ask.

@SorryTM @Captain Gensokyo @SolsticeArcanum @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @Kirie98 @Frozen Thyme @ThePotatoGod

• Lancelot's blow had managed to turn Mordred back to who she is now. Artoria looked down her with a look of pity. "Mordred..." She quietly spoke as she approached the knight. She got down on one knee and out of nowhere, gave her "son" a hug, something that Mordred herself did not expect. "I'm sorry..." She apologized "Truly I am very sorry for my negligence had lead you to walk down a path of hatred. You were one of the most respected knights of the Round Table and I can acknowledge you for that. Mordred, you've done well in your part of taking care of my kingdom while I was away. I do not blame you when Camelot fell, as it was fated. Mordred, my son, please forgive me. I...acknowledge you as the heir to my kingdom."

A single tear fell from Artoria's eye.

@SolsticeArcanum @dark @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kirie98 @MrMeekins @ThePotatoGod

• Adam doesn't like how friendly the Empress acted. He felt that she may have set up a trap to eliminate them. "Greetings, your Highness." Adam greeted with a bow in a polite way "My name is Adam, and this is Ruby. We are here to make a request of you, if you do so incline to."

@Hahli Nuva @dark @SorryTM @IamBread @ThePotatoGod

• HUNK had replaced his mask and helmet for the trek to the building. Once there, Kobayashi made a keen observation. The olive drab fabric, the metal and plastic containers… It seemed like a modern military tent, but why was that here? "Hm? It does," the agent replied before inspecting it.

Luckily, there was still a decent amount left in the tent: a box of 9mm rounds, a shotgun with shells, and even a grenade. As HUNK stowed the new supplies, he spied a standard Glock in an open pistol case. He glanced back to Kobayashi, who seemed defenseless compared to the others. "You know how to use one of these?" he asked, holding up the pistol to show her. His wording was key here; he didn't seem to care if she was uncomfortable with using such a weapon. This was a whole-ass uncomfortable situation. "There's nothing to it. Think of it like… er…" What was popular in the arcades…? "The House of the Dead?"

@SorryTM @Captain Gensokyo @Crow @dark @SolsticeArcanum @Topless @ThePotatoGod
  • "More broadly, it can describe almost anything made by unnatural means," Bayonetta added. "Your daddy probably told you about 'artificial sweeteners and flavors'. It's not as good as some old-school sugar. Don't you think so, little one?" she cracked a smirk.

Gaon had described plastic flowers; they didn't measure up to the real deal, but the remark piqued her curiosity. "You have a fondness of cute things, don't you?" The burly bot's interests contrasted his appearance. She did stay quiet when Ben asked for a description of the boy's father; it was information she also needed to know.

@Gotham Knight Todd @LuckycoolHawk9 @ThePotatoGod

Last edited:
Kirby and Childe

As the group entered the tent, Kirby finally wriggled out of Filias arms, and started to poke around the military tent.

As the HUNK showed the office worker the pistol, Kirby walked up to him.

96de7f47d37d7e5ffaa43db84399d638cb612901.jpeg

Yup, the little puffball had somehow gotten his small arms on a glock. "Bam!" Well, it seemed that Kirby had though it was some kind of toy, and was now messing around with it. "Bam!" Giggling to himself, Kirby turned to walk outside with his newfound GUN, probably to cause some accidental chaos.

Someone might want to enlighten him on what the glock actually did...

@ThePotatoGod @Frozen Thyme @Topless

———————————

As the group walked onward within the Empresses castle, Childe found himself uncomfortably hot. The outfit he was wearing might have been more welcome at a winter ball, but the heavy cloak he was wearing seemed to weigh more with each step.

As Ruby suggested they split up, Childe nodded, looking at the bread man already going ahead without them.

As most of the company went to the eat, Childe followed the bread guy all the way to what he presumed was the throne room, all gold and red. Personally, the Harbringer would have preferred a throne room 5at wasn't quite so hard on the eyes.

Why exactly, was the bread guy on the throne? Walking up toward the throne, Childe didn't seem to notice that Greg was asleep.

" ...You might want to get up from there. I don't think that the Empr- well, the ruler of this place would be very pleased to find a walking hunk of bread on her throne." Child's honestly found the presence of the bread man.. disturbing. Even compared to characters like Bowser, there was something about the bread on the throne that unnerved him. Could he even talk?

"Seven Archons- just get up." Grabbing the Bread man by the arm, Childe attempted to pull the bread man off the throne rather roughly.

@ThePotatoGod @IamBread

• 1652297385302.png
    Lancelot would take a few steps back to give Artoria and Mordred room to talk.

• 1652297430631.png
    "Oh, I didn't remember that." Des would see Kirby with a gun then would confront the pink blob. "Hey uh.. could you let me hold that?"

• 1652297547236.png
    The King would wait patiently for the curse to fully take affect over the hero.

Greg's arm would make a cracking sound similar to a loaf of bread breaking. Greg neither woke up or moved the entire time.

Childe

Grasping the Bread Man's arms, Childe immediately let go as a cracking sound emerged from the arm. Well, this was a peculiar situation. Muttering curses under his breath that sounded Russian, Childe waved his hands in front of what he assumed was the bread guys face. If Greg didn't respond, Childe would sigh with exasperation, before announcing in a loud tone, "Oh no, I see some guards coming!" He glanced back at Greg hopefully, as if this would wake him up.

@IamBread

45DFCC74-16B7-41AD-88C9-238AD71BECA6.gif

Bruce gasped as his senses violently returned to him. A nauseating sensation flows through his body, causing him to wretch and groan as he coughed up the contents of his stomach; painting the dark soil below with bile. He was tempted to rip off his hermetically sealed cowl, but stopped himself. Never reveal yourself to the enemy, even in dire circumstances. He jumped to his feet as he looked around, allowing his senses to quickly identify his environment with rapid precision. The last thing he remembered was walking onto the second floor, and then… Nothing. It was as if he had fallen unconscious by an unknown ailment. Was he attacked? Poisoned? Was this somehow apart of the tower master's sick game? Guessing wouldn't help, it'd only create more questions to plague his weary mind.

The fresh scent of nature assaulted his nose as he glanced around the forest. It was deciduous in nature; reminiscent of forests found in Europe or North America. He's survived in worse conditions, but that's not to say this tower's version of nature isn't filled with all manner of foe. For all he knew, he could be fighting werewolves and vampires. Logic shot itself in the head when it entered this hell. In its place is a poor facsimile of reality, dictated by whatever scum ruled the tower. His gauntlets clenched at the thought, the poly-flexible carbon creaking under his strength. First he'd need to escape this green inferno, and hopefully the exit wasn't a mile count in the triple digits. After checking his gear to make sure everything is in order, he began his trek through the dense foliage.

When the Professor dialed in the month of the plaque was referring to, a clicking sound can be heard, followed by the ship in the painting opening up and revealing the missing chess piece; the Black King--Mordred. Nothing else happened when Steven moved the plate back to May--seems to be a very one and done sort of puzzle.

"Don't forget, Mr. Grant. The Arthurian lore is based on Medieval Europe practices." Luke explained why the Professor's answer was correct. "Even though you're technically correct, there's still the May Day celebration, too." He said, grabbing the last piece of the puzzle--the Black King.

With it, Luke then placed the Black King in between the White King and the White Queen. Immediately, gears started to spin, creaking as Artoria began to speak to her son.

Mordred's eyes widened as her father hugged her for the first time in her life. An embrace without any ill intentions--a genuine hug born out of regret and compassion. Tears couldn't help but form in her eyes as she heard Artoria's apology.

"Father..." Mordred uttered, her arms soon reciprocating the King's own hug, who finally recognizes her as her son. Stifled sniffs and sobs can be heard, as if she's trying to hold back her own tears, not wanting to choke on them.

"Thank you..." She said, just as a bridge was formed in front of the chessboard, followed by another large gear at the end of the room tipping over, turning into another Floor that reveals...

An oak door on the wall.

"That must've been the right answer." Katrielle said, desummoning Sherlock. 'Well, it's that, or Luke over there made it just in time.' She rubbed her chin, letting a slight sniffling smile as she watched the father and son reconcile with one another.

• Interaction: @SorryTM @dark @SolsticeArcanum @Topless

--{[Unlit Campfire]}-->
    "Kinda, yeah. But I never got in myself..." Yumesaki says, "Though that masked guy did, came out empty handed though."

"I'm just an ordinary office worker--I never really touched a gun before..." Kobayashi admits, scratching her head a bit as HUNK explains that it's like that arcade game, House of the Damned. Still, seeing the real thing made her feel slightly uncomfortable. Considering that up until she met Tohru, she's practically just a normal girl. She's half sure guns are a lot more complicated than what they see in the movies. "If you'd teach me how to use it properly, then..." She's hesitating--a normal reaction.

--{[Rooftop]}--->

"Gosh...So many...Stairs..." Groaned Kaito as he finally made it to the rooftop of the stone structure, opening the door to where Katrielle supposedly found the elevator. Sure enough, there it is; a golden elevator with keypads on the side. "Alright. Let's see if this works." He said, walking over to the elevator when he noticed something peculiar--the smell of gunpowder.

"Huh?" Glancing at the sound, he would find a girl, clad in red. A brown backpack on her. Her outfit suggests that she might be from another country--a european based one, perhaps? Worried for the child, the heroic Kaito approached her, crouching in front of the child. "Heeey...!" He poked Klee quietly on the cheek. "Are you awaaake?" He asked in a whisper, checking to see if she's alive.

Still, where's the gunpowdery smell coming from?

• --{[Backhouse]}--

In a surprising twist, the moment the King began to wait patiently...

"PATA PON DON CHAKA!" The Hero sang and danced with vigor, humming to himself--letting out a sigh of relief afterwards, like a naturally occurring status effect nullification skill, but before he could attack King Ala again...

"FREEZE PLEASE!" The Princess, Naughtyfins, would leap high into the air, throwing her pike directly at The Hero, which caused the corrupted leader to be frozen solid, encased in a large chunk of ice. As she landed, she turned to King Ala. "He's neutralized...For now." She says with a phew, "Oh yeah, just a reminder, could you not try to kill my Hero? We need to bring him back alive to Pseudo Patapolis, remember?" She reminds the mummy king, unaware of his watch's effects on Solstice. "Still, he needs to be cured..."

• Interaction: @Gotham Knight Todd @Ur Degaton

Emerging from a corner farther from the where the orange construct formed was a familiar figure to the Red Hood--a man in a black and grey cowl, the mark of the bat in his chest.

batman_arkham_knight.jpg

--{[Bruce Wayne, The Batman]}--
    The Dark Knight​

The Batman would soon come face to face an older looking man, but someone who feels familiar. A man with a scar on his face, distinct white strands of hair on his head. He seems to be wearing the mark of the bat as well, but red in color.

Jason Todd.

When the Batman made his appearance, the constructs disappeared along with the voice who was offering Jason the deal.

• --{[Ballroom]}--
    Interaction: @SorryTM @dark @Topless

"Yeah, we kinda want to go home--our families are missing us..." Ruby explains to the Empress, who simply rubbed her chin.

"Well, I don't see why you're in a rush." The Empress says, "If The Cycle had started, that means the Multiverse is destroyed again, yes? Surely you'll have the time to attend this ball."

"Wait, again?" Ruby asked, with wide eyes, "Y-you mean this sort of thing happened before?"

"Indeed, although the process is certainly automatic--the time it takes for it to rebuild the multiverse, however, is dreadfully long." The Majority began to explain, "Which is why we Majorities are born, to ensure that this place we call our home doesn't collapse in its own monster-y cesspool." The Empress cringes at the thought. "Disgusting thought, really." She added, "I'm sure most of you had seen it in the First Floor, hadn't you? How dreadful those monsters could be. So my offer stands as follows; attend the ball for tonight, and I'll charge your card first thing in the morning."

--{[Throne Room]}--
    Interaction: @SorryTM @IamBread

As Childe had predicted, loud footsteps can be heard, along with chatter from the guards.

"So you know she's hosting another one of those balls, yeah?" One of the guards ask the other, who merely grunts. "I hear that if the Ascendants come, she's planning to hold a contest against them! Dunno why, but that sounds kinda fun!"

"Shut up, I think I hear something over there." Another guard says, as the doors began to creak open slowly. Must be heavy for the goldarmors.

• Interaction: @LuckycoolHawk9 @Frozen Thyme

"Why, of course I do! There weren't that many organics in my world--most animal pets that I keep back home. Helps me stay calm back when the Tojitendo's practically strangling me..." Gaon replies to Bayonetta's query, soon going silent as he tries to listen to the description of Richie's Father.

Jason Todd

He got a little nervous when he heard the super powers thing. That complicated the matters even worse. He took a deep breath just to start reassessing the situation. She couldn't control her powers, she had super powered companions, and something that sounded like it came straight out of a children's cartoon. Awesome, so now he had covered the situation mentally at least, and what the hell? He might be able to find a way to train her in that aspect. He understood the way things where going did not bode well for them, but maybe he could spare her…no Richie's life was on the line. Damn it he had gotten himself into a real mess here.

"The pink puff sounds like something from a cartoon that my brother older brother got my kid for his birthday. Quite an annoying little cartoon really. Not the biggest fan of it." He groaned remembering the theme song as it got stuck in his head. Dear god how he had wanted to stop watching, it Richie had been so happy. He didn't have the heart to tell him no more. And unfortunately, he watched the cartoon on repeat for several weeks. Jesus that was one hell of a time. Oh well, he would have to try and remember what powers that thing had. He had a feeling the fight would suck.

"And does she happen to have anyone who uses the alias Superman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, Batman or anything like that as a companion?" He asked in a frustrated way. If he had to face any of his dad or friends from the life it would make it much harder. He knew they all were far more experienced and far better at fighting than he could hope. He might be able to handle them if he had his full equipment, but not even his duffle bag had everything he would need. Not to fight all of them.

I am so sorry Richie. I understand if you never forgive me. This is the worst decision I have ever made…. Jason thought in shame. agreeing to kill a high schooler with powers she couldn't control just to save his own son. After he himself had made the poor wording that led to this exact situation. He was about to have a very serious sin on his shoulders. Usually he only killed those who deserved it, but he couldn't protect Richie from a god. It without the backing of the Justice League. He had to be careful how he did this. There might be a way, but he would have to fight at least. Try and make It look like he had tried to kill her.

Maybe she had at least one member of the League. However, if his son's favorite cartoon character was indeed here, that meant he had something going on with the multiverse, he always hated these events. This time more than usual as it seemed he and his son had been freaking kidnapped to bring them here, and separated for whatever reason. This was not his idea of a good time for sure.

"This will certainly be interesting. Not in the way I usually like things to be interesting, but we'll beggars cannot be choosers I guess." Jason rubbed behind his head. The mistakes he made were seldom this consequential, but well this would teach him not to say something like 'I'll do anything' again. Especially not when the consequences would wind up being so damn dire.

Every muscle in his body was tensing as his brain and heart seemed to argue about the best way to protect Richie. Doing this made him something he never wanted to be, but not doing this would have fatal consequences for Richie. He sighed and walked a bit forwards. He was nervous that night might fall soon. That would complicate getting to the area he needed too.

"How long do I have before nightfall?" Jason asked as he stretched a bit and started to try and grace himself for the long journey that was ahead of him. He would have to pace himself accordingly, he just hoped he would not run into anything too dangerous before he could reach where his son was. And from there, he hoped he could reach the target and find someway to end it all very, very soon. He had to be able to end it sometime soon. That way he could ensure this debt was paid. No matter how horrible the cost to him personally, he could not let the damn thing harm Richie. He also decided it was best to be honest with the boy when he inevitably asked questions. No matter how it hurt.

The scenery was almost like a joke now. Calm and peaceful his ass. Dark and evil was a better description, though the sun made the entire dark thing impossible for the time being. The fact there were monsters here and that while he wasted time stopping here they had attacked his son, that was on him. He would have to apologize for that as well. He would also need to be on the look out for monsters himself. He knew that much was also a very true thing. If they were willing to hurt a child he knew they would not hesitate to harm an older individual.

"I hoped I would never go back to this dark place." He whispered more so to himself than anything. He knew he had to channel how he was immediately after his resurrection to survive here. A time he was ashamed of, even if he and his family still had problems. They would still do anything to help him….they would be disappointed he reverted to his old ways, no matter the reason. The shame was already there. No matter, he had given up being a hero long ago. Now he had to be the villain one last time.

Richard "Richie" Todd

The boy blinked when they asked what his father looked like. Well of course to the boy that just meant he looked like his father. He never really thought about it, but thankfully his dad did not look like too many other people, he was sort of unique. He had heard his other family members say they would recognize his face anywhere after all. And well, now he had a scar like daddy. He closed his eyes to picture his father. Really tall, like a tree, big and strong like a bear, kind of scary because of his scar on his face, a harsh looking face really.

"Well, daddy is tall like a tree, really strong like a bear, and his face looks sort of scary. He doesn't smile much and has a long scar on his face. He has a tuff of white hair in the middle of his mostly black hair." The boy recalled as he shifted some to get more comfortable.

The wind gently moved his hair as he held Oswald close and sipped a bit more of his juice. He wondered when he would see his daddy again. He looked over to the knight when he registered he had the word explained to him.

"Thank you for explaining Mr.Robot sir. And Ms.Bayonetta 'm'am." He had forgotten the Robot's name, the blush on his cheeks made it quite obvious. He would try to be more attentive to that.

Interaction @ThePotatoGod @Ur Degaton @Frozen Thyme @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited: