Not open for further replies.
L

Lonewolf888978

Original poster
Find the Character Hub Here
Find the Los Angeles IC Here
Find the London IC Here
Fine the Discord Here

Since the dawn of man, legends of extraordinary humans have been told. From European wizards capable of wielding the elements of the world, too Native American skinwalkers taking the shape of animals and supernatural creatures to harsh settlers pushing their way west. As decades pass, and nations rise and fall less and less stories of these extranormal people have been told, and most have dismissed these as fictional stories or mythology.
Every so often, the occasional rumor stirs about one of these people. Such as a young Indonesian girl stopping a would be thief using her mind, or a bank robber burning through a vault door with fire sprouting from his hands. Most of these have been dismissed as hoaxes or the result of a very skilled video editor, and though many of them are, some actually seem authentic.
As the Information Age comes to a end, its only a question of what comes next for mankind. As terror attacks, deadly cartels, and threats of war plague the world, the answer may lay with these fantastic individuals.

Government Stance on Superhumans and Magic Individuals
Very few known the secret of superhumans and mages. The few that do are high ranking officials, the people they choose to tell, and the extraordinary beings themselves.
Most governments resent these extranormals, and create groups too imprison, cover up, and kill these people. The United States, the European Union, and China have formed special groups for these special individuals. The most notable is the United States Federal Extranormal Apprehension Division, or FEAD. This group has the most advanced weaponry and equipment, and many of its members are composed of magic using or superhumans. The numbers of operatives in this group is very low, lower than 300 members make up all its ranks. They operate heavily in secret, ensuring any public extranormal activity is either covered up with an mundane act, or never discovered in the first place. They're orders are simple: If you pose a threat, either be taken alive or die. If you're not a threat, join the ranks of FEAD or be imprisoned. Ofcourse this group isn't on any official payroll, and many of these operatives live double lives when not in the field or working their desk jobs.
Magical Families have strong ties within the government, and though members of these families aren't hunted, they are often approached by the government in dire situations.

While some members of the public know of of magical and superhumans, it isn't widely known knowledge.

Superhumans
The birth of a superhuman is completely random. It isn't passed on by family, but rather a sort of genetic ability. The power granted to the individual is unique to them, though it differs from magic.
For example, a superhuman with fire abilities must learn how to control it, while a mage would have to learn how to cast the spell. While superhumans can learn to mask these abilities, they often flare up in heavily emotional times.
Superhumans are often sought out by shady corporations or governments to turn into weapons, due to their raw power in these unnatural abilities. They often kidnap kids rumored to have such abilities, turning them into weapons and soldiers.

Magic Wielders
Not everyone can use magic, you have to inherit it through your bloodline or another supernatural way, often through artifacts or other spellcasters. The most powerful mages are from pureblood mages, those birthed from two magical beings; either human or in the rare occasion; nonhuman. This being said, in rare cases a child could be born without the ability to learn any sort of magic.
There are multiple schools of magic, ranging from elemental, arcane, illusion, the dark arts, and more. Normally families are composed of only one or two schools of magic, passing it down the family line, but if magic is in your blood you can learn any school of magic if you're skilled enough. Magic can be draining, and over use of magic can often lead in spells going astray, not work at all, or back fire on the caster; resulting to serious injury or death.
Magic can be casted through a wide range of way, from words, to actions, or simple thoughts.

Nearly all civilizations have ties to magic using families. Europe have wizards and witches like Merlin and Morgana, the Americas have the Native Tribes, and Asian countries having many sources of magic.
Finally there is no known superhuman with magic running through their blood. Its unknown if the two are related in some way, but it can be inferred so.

Other Non-Humans
Mythological creatures do roam this world, though their numbers are far and few from what they once were. Vampires, Lycans, Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) and more roam the world. Most of the more intelligent beings hide in plain sight, co-existing with humans. While some of the more cruel or dumber creatures avoid or hunt humans, often for food or sport. Many of these beings work with Magical Families, and its is speculated that these creatures are the ones that gifted humans with magic.
In this secretive world, monster hunters work alongside the government in keeping these a secret, and many of these freelancing monster hunters hold no sympathy too these creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions and More!
Have any ideas for the world? Let me hear them! Shoot me a PM or post below and I'll be glad to discus them with you!
Also, if you have any ideas for a Chinese version of the FEAD or MDC let me know please! Trying to think of a unique thing for them, but drawing blanks.

Whats the goal to this roleplay?
To have fun! I want us to come together as a group and make a unique and fun superhuman/ magic experience without relying on Dc or Marvel for characters, and instead make our own.

Okay, but what sort of story are we going to be creating?

[spoili]At first it may seem alittle guided at first, but I plan on this to be more open world than not in the future.
Those that start in LA are going to be faced with outrunning FEAD, and encountering villains along the way, while perhaps be giving the opportunity to become heroes (or villains, after all us Rper's write the story!)
London meanwhile we be focused more on a more heroic environment, as a mysterious occurrence spreads havoc across England and other EU states. Expect to encounter MDC as they also try to figure out the source of the problem; and be prepared to work with them, against them, or perhaps they may unknowingly work against you!
[/spoili]

Okay but why the restrictions on character creation (Ex. No aliens)

[spoili]Limit on Supernatural Based Characters: While I encourage everyone to think of a unique character, I'm not looking for every other person be a vampire or demon, though I have love for both! At the moment I'm limiting it to 3 non-human characters (I.E Vampires, Mermaids, Werewolves, etc.) However if everyone wanted a magic based character I'm fine with that, as long as their human.
No Aliens: At the moment I don't want any ties to space. The last superhero RP I was involved with (Shout out Otherverse!)had heavy influences with aliens and space, while I was hoping this one has more of a magical influence. Expect aliens in the future.
Why no Superhuman Magic users?: This is simply a precaution so no one makes an overpowered character. I'd be open for it in the future once everything gets settled, then I may make a special exception.
[/spoili]

How does magic work and are magic based characters considered supernatural?
[spoili](Shout out to Cicatrix!)
Any one with magic abilities can learn any sort of magic school. These schools of magic are limited only to your imagination. There are types of magic that are frowned upon (Dark arts, Blood Magic, Voodoo, etc), but are still permitted for characters to learn.
Note: MDC will defiantly frown upon it.
In short magic in this is any thing you can think of, but is taught, unlike supernatural ability which is natural and must be learned to be controlled. Spellcasting is taught in for categories.
Thoughts cost the most energy to use, as the user is using pure mental ability to cast a spell.
Vocal will be the second most, as you incorporate your lungs into casting the spell as well.
Motion will be the third, as you use your body to cast the spell.
Finally material based magic will cost little to no energy to cast spells, and is actually the only way to cast extreme spells.
Note: I won't focus on measuring how much energy your character is using, and nor should you (or any other player) this is just a fun mechanic that can add a level of detail into the roleplay. I feel like if I limited how many spells you could cast would take away from the enjoyment. This being said, if you mage summons up a storm of fire in his first post, I expect him to be unconscious at the very least!

A magic based character isn't necessarily supernatural based. The supernatural character pool is limited at 3, and one per RPer. Supernatural characters consist of anything thats not human, such as a vampire or mermaid.
He can be a fire mage and it wont matter, but as soon as he becomes a vampire fire mage, the amount of supernatural characters will go down.
[/spoili]

So what is FEAD MDC and ???

[spoili]FEAD: Federal Extranormal Apprehension Division are a group on the payroll of the American government. High Tech equipment are their trade marks. Expect cybernetic enhancements from high ranking soldiers, as well as special superhuman or magic soldiers. Often convinced or brainwashed to be hostile towards other extranormals.
FEAD focuses on listing every magic user or superhuman in America. They specialize on covering up and keep extranormal encounters under wraps. Significant superhumans or magic users are given a choice; join FEAD or be imprisoned. Those that put up a fight are killed if they cannot be contained.
Generally they don't get along with MDC.

MDC: The Magic Detention Council is composed of the major magic families in the EU. While not directly linked with European Governments, they often work with them if cases are magical in nature, but prefer to stay out of mundane events.
While not as high tech as the FEAD, they are older and have more ties around the world. While members are composed of Magic Users, Supernatural creatures, and Non-Magic users, superhumans aren't allowed into their ranks. The MDC focuses on the capture of rogue magic users or supernatural beasts, and have recently taken an interest in superhumans. Rumors are speculated that they capture superhumans and preform magic based experiments
on them.

Chinese and/or Russian group? Got an idea for a Russian or Chinese based secret group? Run it by me and I may put it in the lore![/spoili]

Common Terms
[spoili][/spoili][spoili][/spoili][spoili]
Extranormal: Any and all superhumans, mages, or supernatural creature. All unknown to the public
Mage: Any magic wielder that is human. Other names include wizards, necromancers, sorceresses, etc.
[/spoili]

Any more questions you don't see posted? Just ask!

Rules

1. Have fun please! That's why we're all here after all.
  2. All Iwaku rules apply
  3. Keep drama in the IC, and out of the OOC.
  4. No making your characters too powerful. If I feel like yours is alittle on the god-level side I'll let you know privately
  5. The only rules against types of characters are:
    No magic and superhuman characters. Though superhuman(or magic based)/genetic mutation(or cybernetic) are aloud.
    No alien characters ATM
    A limit to three mythological/monster players. Those players are limited too one type of those characters, (Ex. John Doe can make a vampire, but not a Vampire AND a werewolf.)
  6. Character limit is how much you can effectively handle.
  7. I expect posts to be atleast once a week, and at least two paragraphs. I want everyone to thoughtfully write out their post, and not just throw up a one-liner. You will be warned twice before I take action!If you need additional time, just let whoever you're roleplaying with know.
  8. No killing or maiming other players characters without their permission!
  9. References to drug use, killing, and cursing are allowed in this, so leave now if you're uncomfortable with any of those! If you are, be ready for a fucking great time ;)
  10. Romance, side stories, and action is encouraged! Fade to black is required for anything beyond PG-13, and restrain from writing a gore fest!
  11. If you have any questions or ideas just lemme know!

For starting up the roleplay, and making everything flow easier, I'm limiting the starting area to two places; Though eventually I'll let everyone travel where they want too.

Starting Place: London
England and many other countries of the European Union are in a state of unrest. Storms and extreme flooding is damaging ships and threatening to submerge harbors. Many are blaming global warming, making it a hot topic world wide. Protest are turning to riots, and the government has turned to the Magic Detention Council (MDC). While the MDC can confirm that the flooding and storms are due to an outside magical force, it's unknown what exactly that force is. Many head families are tying it to a lost artifact off the coast of Africa, while others are blaming it on a powerful spellcaster. Sooner or later England is going to have an event that will no doubt effect all of the Superhumans and Magic users that live in the area.
( I will have more information on MDC soon, though they are the EU's version of FEAD)

Starting Place: Los Angeles
FEAD has been cracking down on major cities, LA included, due to an increase in hostile superhuman/magic activity. This hostile activity is linked too a newer group of superhumans and the goons they managed to hire. Armed with state of the art gear, the group is known for kidnapping, bombing, and assassinations of politicians and other valuable members of the community. Though there has been no official claims or name for the group, FEAD is certain they are connected.
~~~~

So for a summary, London is in a state of unrest and I have an event planned for the the people who are there that should push most if not all together. Starting it wont be as high tension as LA, but later on it will be high tention.
LA is going to alot more of a steady tense, with FEAD hunting down any superhumans or magic wielders, as well as the players getting a chance too encounter the mysterious group thats pulling the strings behind the attacks.

I will have a character to help move along things in both roleplays, as well as do any GM posting that are needed. (I will probably have two characters in London and one in LA)

If you're still taking sign-ups I'm interested. I've got a few character ideas but would need more information on super humans and nonhumans before I can really commit to and develop one which I'd be happy to chat about through here or PM, whichever you prefer.

Reactions: Lonewolf888978
Sounds interesting! Is the setting going to be modern day? Is there a set story or are we going open world?

If you're still taking sign-ups I'm interested. I've got a few character ideas but would need more information on super humans and nonhumans before I can really commit to and develop one which I'd be happy to chat about through here or PM, whichever you prefer.
Go ahead and shoot me a PM, if it might relate to others I'll make an edit on my post!

Sounds interesting! Is the setting going to be modern day? Is there a set story or are we going open world?
Yes modern day, but expect alittle more advanced tech from FEAD and other organizations like it. Not full on robots, but maybe cybernetic or genetic enhancements. As for an arch, its going to be a bit of both I suppose. I have set villains and a few ideas on how to push our characters together. I'll explain more in an edit im working on under the FAQ post; expect it up by tonight.

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
So can you clear up the goal of the rp or what side were playing exactly? Were running from fead agents or can we play either side? Is it an open world thing or a more of stay in groups and face GM events? Cause idk from the description alone it seemed really vague but interesting to me.

So can you clear up the goal of the rp or what side were playing exactly? Were running from fead agents or can we play either side? Is it an open world thing or a more of stay in groups and face GM events? Cause idk from the description alone it seemed really vague but interesting to me.
I was hoping to get the edit through today, but ATM I'm having some trouble with my internet. You have the option to be apart of anything you want be it FEAD, a civilian or something not even listed. As GM there will be events and things I have planned to run the characters through, and a villainous organization that will be headlined as bad guys too nearly all the players. I will go into more detail tomorrow once my internet is fixed, but until then I'm limited to answering questions from my phone

Reactions: Wizzy The Wizard
Okay so I got some questions with answers up, rules, and brief run down on the beginning story/arch of the roleplay! Is late here, and I've been on the road all day so ignore any spelling errors xD

Also: If you don't see your question answered or still any questions please ask! Plan on a serperate character thread with a CS up tomorrow!

I'm interested too. Don't really have any questions at the moment, but if I think of any I'll be sure to ask.

Okay so I got some questions with answers up, rules, and brief run down on the beginning story/arch of the roleplay! Is late here, and I've been on the road all day so ignore any spelling errors xD

Also: If you don't see your question answered or still any questions please ask! Plan on a serperate character thread with a CS up tomorrow!

K awesomes^^!!

Most likely gunna make two charries. One in LA and one in London. One gansta and one FEAD :33

if you don't see your question answered or still any questions please ask! Plan on a serperate character thread with a CS up tomorrow!

Can't wait, been musing on my vampire for some time now.

Alright, consider me officially in. :D I'm probably going to make an LA superhuman.

Im going to start off by saying I'm very excited this generated interest, and eager to see where this takes us. I hope y'all are giving thought to unique characters, and am super excited to see them being played out.
That being said...
Going to have to push back the Character Index for the night, just got done with a nine hour sitting for a tattoo I started on (Still not done) and I'm a lot more tired than I thought I'd be. It will be up for sure tomorrow night, once I get back home. Probably be working on it in the car, and post it up ASAP

Check the top for a link to the Character Roster/Hub! Excited to see everyones characters

Also still working on ideas for a Russian/Chinese secret organization, if you think of anything please send any ideas to my PM!

Hi, I thought that the RP sounded really interesting. I posted a character that i created on the index forum. I'm a noob to roleplaying but I hope that I am able to contribute to this RP :).

Hi, I thought that the RP sounded really interesting. I posted a character that i created on the index forum. I'm a noob to roleplaying but I hope that I am able to contribute to this RP :).
Glad to have you! I'll look my at your character after work, but at first glance he looks good!

Reactions: lumilumi
Yo still looking for people to join in? Cause I'd be interested to do so!

I would like to join with a character I have in mind.

Would it be ok if my character was the result of a young magician's spell going wrong and bringing a yellow 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport to life and give it a human female body and sentience?

Not sure whether to give her magical abilities or not, and whather to allow her to transform between human form and the Swift at will.

I don't think you see Suzuki Swifts in America, so she'll most likely be starting in London.

Yo still looking for people to join in? Cause I'd be interested to do so!
Go for it!

I would like to join with a character I have in mind.

Would it be ok if my character was the result of a young magician's spell going wrong and bringing a yellow 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport to life and give it a human female body and sentience?

Not sure whether to give her magical abilities or not, and whather to allow her to transform between human form and the Swift at will.

I don't think you see Suzuki Swifts in America, so she'll most likely be starting in London.
Why not! Definitely a unique character if I've ever heard one xD Interested into see how this would play out

Status
Not open for further replies.