The Moonlit World: London

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The two of us, Alexandra, could probably school this greenhorn quite well, now couldn't we? Huh?"
I meant nothing offensive Lucifer. When I travel I usually try to dress at least a little like I belong. The practiced eye can always spot an outsider, but this way I can keep lesser things from being overly interested.
Lucifer found refuge in his shot glass once more.

Perhaps a bit of explanation would be in order... As a child, he had grown up in a near-isolated area. Hardly anybody around, out in the middle of nowhere and confined to the ranch he and his teacher lived on. When the subject was broached cautiously, she had told him to not worry about it for now and she'd explain when he was ready to hear it. And then came the next aspect of his life that ended up driving questions away entirely.

The training.

Baseballs flung as projectiles to hone his sense of danger and toughen his skin. Exercises in stealth, in which failure meant another baseball. Broken bones and fleeing for ones life...This was the first time he had ever left the ranch. The first time he had ever seen people other then his teacher. It was far more embarrassing, far more strange and far more panic-inducing then he thought. Give him a brar brawl or a monster and he'd be ready and first to the field.

Put him between two women, one not even trying to be subtle and he was a stammering, slowly getting drunk mess.

But even in this state, he recognized the emblem shown.

"That's a nice...Fork necklace ma'am."

Oooooor not.

Maybe it was a bad idea to keep drinking after the seventh shot.

Lightweight ahoy.

@Michale CS @Gands

I tilt my head for a moment listening to her. Not a language I know well, but just enough to make out most of what she says.

I don't know this language well. Do you know this symbol ?

I show her the necklace with the ancient Greek symbol of Hades.
I nod and grin.

But even in this state, he recognized the emblem shown.

"That's a nice...Fork necklace ma'am."

Oooooor not.

Maybe it was a bad idea to keep drinking after the seventh shot.

Lightweight ahoy.
"So you're half right, Lucifer. It's a fork, but there's, like, a pitch in front of it. A for effort, though. Me, I'm not one to judge." I respond with a nod, to both of them at once. If my half brother and I hadn't practiced speaking the underspeech as we called it in our youth, bringing in subtext like this might have been hard and a little awkward like it seemed to be with our half-Hades lady. But for me, the message of so you're half like me, was easy to communicate.

"You may want to slow down with the wine, I think you're not taking to it well. Keep that up and you'll sleep through the best parts!"
I add to the youngster.

Indeed miss, more often who you are, as in what you aim to be by action, is more important than what you are by blood.

It is nice by the way to be among educated creatures.

I smile to the both of them, letting the necklace slide back under my blouse.

Reactions: Michale CS
I nod and grin.

"So you're half right, Lucifer. It's a fork, but there's, like, a pitch in front of it. A for effort, though. Me, I'm not one to judge." I respond with a nod, to both of them at once. If my half brother and I hadn't practiced speaking the underspeech as we called it in our youth, bringing in subtext like this might have been hard and a little awkward like it seemed to be with our half-Hades lady. But for me, the message of so you're half like me, was easy to communicate.

"You may want to slow down with the wine, I think you're not taking to it well. Keep that up and you'll sleep through the best parts!"
I add to the youngster.
Best....Part? Oh no.

His face crossed over his dismay as his hands fumbled for inside his jacket. Reaching in and feeling something had him suddenly relax. Still there.

"Maybe not...But I still have my letter!"

He smiled and it was like watching a puppy dog tumble on itself. All clumsy and full of fumbles, but unabashedly happy and reflecting a beauty that'd he'd grow into eventually, given time.
Indeed miss, more often who you are, as in what you aim to be by action, is more important than what you are by blood.

It is nice by the way to be among educated creatures.

I smile to the both of them, letting the necklace slide back under my blouse.
"Awwww, thanks! You're pretty...Purty yourself!"

He clapped a hand over his mouth and seemed to stare horrified down at his hand.

"....Sorry. Accent slips when I'm nervous. Tried to avoid."

@Michale CS @Gands

Best....Part? Oh no.

His face crossed over his dismay as his hands fumbled for inside his jacket. Reaching in and feeling something had him suddenly relax. Still there.

"Maybe not...But I still have my letter!"

He smiled and it was like watching a puppy dog tumble on itself. All clumsy and full of fumbles, but unabashedly happy and reflecting a beauty that'd he'd grow into eventually, given time.
"Awwww, thanks! You're pretty...Purty yourself!"

He clapped a hand over his mouth and seemed to stare horrified down at his hand.

"....Sorry. Accent slips when I'm nervous. Tried to avoid."
"Oh bless your heart!" I rattle off in a perfect East Texas accent. "Don't you mind that none, my ears can listen past most any accent darlin'." Mimicry comes naturally to me, and I didn't lie about spending some time in Alpine Texas. Dad had an errand for me to run. When he asks, it's best not to say no or ask any questions.

"Indeed miss, more often who you are, as in what you aim to be by action, is more important than what you are by blood.

It is nice by the way to be among educated creatures."
"I'm educated alright. The usual way, and the school of hard knocks. I'm sure I don't half to tell you how hard it can be growing up like I did, as I bet you had a lot of the same struggles from the look of you." I added to the other demonblood.

"Now Lucifer, you were all worried about this letter of yours. It's your admission to your school or something? An owl didn't happen to deliver it to you, hmm?" I know all about that school but this guy seems pretty old to be heading there, but you never know.

@Ringmaster @Gands

Sounds like Lucifer has business in town, commendable really. I've mostly finished my business. Just a few coins at the Troll market. London's is the best you know, you can get nearly anything. As far as my background, yes, I am a daughter of Hades and a mortal woman. Queen Persephone isn't particularly fond of me actually. She can be rather grumpy too.
Growing up was mostly in the mortal realms. I had foster parents, nice people, from the old country. Ran a mortuary, go figure.

And Miss, I still haven't gotten your name. At least give me something to work with.

I wink at the pretty redhead.

You really have some gifts don't you miss. I usually don't open up this way to strangers. You had better watch yourself
Lucifer, she isn't used to not getting what she wants I'd say

I giggle and smile, clearly not meaning anything rude.

"Now Lucifer, you were all worried about this letter of yours. It's your admission to your school or something? An owl didn't happen to deliver it to you, hmm?" I know all about that school but this guy seems pretty old to be heading there, but you never know.
"Not at all! Its for the Saint Giles Monastery."

That name alone would have told a bit more to the two, if they kept on events. The school of the Burial Agency and the Church-sponsored Monster Hunters that graduated from it was the stuff of nightmares for certain monsters. And the boy from Texas was heading there to become one of them.
As far as my background, yes, I am a daughter of Hades and a mortal woman. Queen Persephone isn't particularly fond of me actually. She can be rather grumpy too.
....Wait, did she just say-?
You really have some gifts don't you miss. I usually don't open up this way to strangers. You had better watch yourself
Lucifer, she isn't used to not getting what she wants I'd say
"......."

Lucifer glanced at the shot glass and after some thought, poured one more and took his time to drink it. Placing it down after, he said quietly.

"I'm Damphir. Beyond that, I know nothing about my legacy. Who I am, where I came from. Never knowing if I was wanted anywhere save that patch of nowhere."

He exhaled out and looked thoughtful before shrugging.

"I guess its nice to be wanted is what I mean to say. Don't either of you feel that way sometimes?"

He peered into the bottom of his shot glass.

"That there's something about you strange and craving contact? Anything to know you belong somewhere where people know you, for you?"

@Michale CS @Gands

Queen Persephone isn't particularly fond of me actually. She can be rather grumpy too.
Growing up was mostly in the mortal realms. I had foster parents, nice people, from the old country. Ran a mortuary, go figure.

And Miss, I still haven't gotten your name. At least give me something to work with.
"Cynthia. Cynthia Seare. As in Prince Seere, the Demon Lord. My dad. Since we're coming out and shocking the poor boy." I wink back then whip out my phone, tapping in the actual wiki about my dad - or at least the rumors about him, which well, they pretty much got right. I then sort of shove the phone underneath his nose. Screw it. If people overhear this crap they'll just think we're crazy and avoid us. Their loss.

Prince Seere

Seir (also known as Seire, Seere, or Sear) is a Prince of Hell with 26 legions of demons under his command. He can go to any place on earth in a matter of seconds to accomplish the will of the conjurer, bring abundance, help in finding hidden treasures or in robbery, and is not a demon of evil but good nature, being mostly indifferent to evilness.
He is depicted as a man riding a winged horse, and is said to be beautiful.
"I guess its nice to be wanted is what I mean to say. Don't either of you feel that way sometimes?"

He peered into the bottom of his shot glass.

"That there's something about you strange and craving contact? Anything to know you belong somewhere where people know you, for you?"
"Sure. All the time. I'm half demon and I'm living in the human world because fuck this shit I'm out. Oh, I can make you feel wanted, but I generally don't rob the cradle especially when someone is three sheets to the wind, and I think you're working on at least your second sheet right now. I'll catch you sometime when you've wised up a bit to this town. That is, unless that monastery of yours swears you to celibacy? What a waste that would be!"

@Ringmaster @Gands

To belong Lucifer, yes... to have that feeling of belonging. It is very important. Something I myself could use more of. What about you Cynthia ?

I've spent many years training, working hard. My foster parents are good people, but I am searching for what to do with myself. Perhaps I can find that in London hmmn ?

What will they be doing at this St. Giles Lucifer ?

He stared cross-eyed at first at the entry as he pulled back for a better view. Oh.

Well, that explained a little....A lot actually. He leaned on the counter, taking in Cynthia's words and perhaps it was the wine, but...She was nice to him without mentioning souls. So deciding to try to get along, he smiled and toasted her with the empty shot glass as he said cheerfully in response to the celibacy question as well as the daughter of Hades inquiry.

"I have no idea! I do know....My teacher said it'd toughen me up. Between you and me, she's a real cranky lady herself. Taught me...All kinds-."

He looked around suddenly his face lit up as he selected a dart left to the side, twirling it between his fingers to get the weight, he suddenly flung it like the crack of a whip. His arm blurred, the projectile embedded itself a quarter of the way into the dart board, prompting a few whistles. Lucifer beamed.

"Tipsy, but I did it! If you failed with her, she'd...Sic the dog."

@Gands @Michale CS

Well well, I wager Lucifer has some hidden talents. If I try to put two and two together...

Lets see, a youngish man with hidden talents, a skilled trainer and a personal need to feel wanted, going to a religious facility that will toughen him up.

What do you think Cynthia ?

To belong Lucifer, yes... to have that feeling of belonging. It is very important. Something I myself could use more of. What about you Cynthia ?
"Meh. I've resolved myself to the fact that I'm never going to fully fit in anywhere so I decided to just fucking be me, right? It's all you can do, right? But friends.. that'd be nice, I admit. Real nice. Not just fuckbuddies." I replied. Since the kid gloves were off, why not take mine off all the way too?

"I have no idea! I do know....My teacher said it'd toughen me up. Between you and me, she's a real cranky lady herself. Taught me...All kinds-."

He looked around suddenly his face lit up as he selected a dart left to the side, twirling it between his fingers to get the weight, he suddenly flung it like the crack of a whip. His arm blurred, the projectile embedded itself a quarter of the way into the dart board, prompting a few whistles. Lucifer beamed.

"Tipsy, but I did it! If you failed with her, she'd...Sic the dog."
"Nice arm. You might actually be able to keep up with me. Good to know." I snickered a little at his show of bravado. It was disturbingly cute.

Lets see, a youngish man with hidden talents, a skilled trainer and a personal need to feel wanted, going to a religious facility that will toughen him up.

What do you think Cynthia ?
"Monster Hunter. Burial Agency, most likely. I know a bit about the subject, having to stay under their radar and all." I shrug. "I'm not worried. I'm not a monster, I'm a secretary."

@Ringmaster @Gands

Secretary, seriously ?

Hey, can you do high class outfits ? I was thinking I'd open a shop here on London. I sell Antiquities you see, expensive stuff. You'd be a natural saleswoman ! At least together we'd stand more of a chance if these people decide we're on their target list.

I respect the white god myself, but his people don't always see eye to eye with mine.

I am doing this despite my cautious inner voice. I am fairly certain that Cynthia isn't affecting me and there is something about this that makes sense to me.

"If I wasn't drunk, I think I'd still say the same thing."

Lucifer suddenly spoke, looking thoughtfully maudlin in his shot glass before turning on the stool to talk to the others.

"I mean...I mean hear me out. I'm half bloodsucker and need it to live. Like diabetics! And you're half sexy demon and you're half sexy god. No."

He frowned and tried to connect the dots, before brightening.

"All sexy! Sorry, was taught better then that. Point is...The point is."

Lucifer paused to get back to his point before he spoke.

"See this world, eternity. All that stuff. You know what eternity is? There's this big mountain, see, a mile high, at the end of the universe, and once every thousand years there's this little bird.. Flies all the way to this mountain and sharpens its beak...And after a thousand years it goes and does it all again. But! The point is that when the bird has worn the mountain down to nothing, right, then... then you still won't have finished watching 'The Sound of Music."

He beamed, his thoughts concise and clear.

"Worlds full of...Whats the local term?"

He asked the bartender.

"Whats the local term for a lot of stuff?"

"Bugger-all."

"Right, exactly! Worlds full of bugger-all, why wreck it...Right? If you wanna live and enjoy it...Then do it! Enjoy it...S'nice place to live. Even better to appreciate." He peered at his shot glass and frowned.

"You think they got tomato juice? Or Type-O?"

@Gands @Michale CS

Secretary, seriously ?

Hey, can you do high class outfits ? I was thinking I'd open a shop here on London. I sell Antiquities you see, expensive stuff. You'd be a natural saleswoman ! At least together we'd stand more of a chance if these people decide we're on their target list.

I respect the white god myself, but his people don't always see eye to eye with mine.
"I guess so. I mean, I work for a temp agency. I can quit any time. You're offering me a sales job, right? I haven't done it but I can do bookwork and of course I'm astoundingly good with people. What's the worst that could happen? I go back to the temp agency? It's a deal." I stuck my hand out. She of all beings should know that once we make a deal, it's a deal until something comes along to modify the deal enough for one or the other to cancel it.

"Right, exactly! Worlds full of bugger-all, why wreck it...Right? If you wanna live and enjoy it...Then do it! Enjoy it...S'nice place to live. Even better to appreciate." He peered at his shot glass and frowned.

"You think they got tomato juice? Or Type-O?"
"Oh for all the Nine..." I look over to Alexandra. "Alex, hold him. I'm gonna give him a quick shot to sober him up enough so we can walk him somewhere safe."

Then I do something I might regret later, and take a nip of my own lip, using my teeny fangs, then kiss the guy. Giving him just enough of my go-go juice to swing his head around somewhat straight. "There. Now don't say I never gave you anything." I wipe my lip, it's already healing. His vampy saliva I figure.

"Lady and Gentleman, lez went."

Then, I help Alex get Lucifer out of the bar before things draw other than Mundane attention.

@Gands @Ringmaster

I shake her hand. I feel something a very subtle, like a tiny shift in reality. Instinct says this is a good thing.

I watch her kiss him, yes. oddly arousing... and that is at least partly her at work... I think....

We leave the bar, between the two of us, casually frog marching him along.

You have room for all of us Cynthia ? I have a nice hotel room downtown, the luxury Marriott one if we need it.

"Oh for all the Nine..." I look over to Alexandra. "Alex, hold him. I'm gonna give him a quick shot to sober him up enough so we can walk him somewhere safe."
"I'm as fit-!"
Then I do something I might regret later, and take a nip of my own lip, using my teeny fangs, then kiss the guy. Giving him just enough of my go-go juice to swing his head around somewhat straight. "There. Now don't say I never gave you anything." I wipe my lip, it's already healing. His vampy saliva I figure.
Everything went blank.

Clocks paused in their inexorable march, conversations stilled. Lucifer's eyes shot open, wide and suddenly intensely focused, the vampire red of his eyes a lot less strange when they were radiating shock.

When she pulled away, Lucifer remained in that stunned sense of position.

He swallowed once. Slowly, his hand reached for his hat as he jammed it on his head, obscuring his features but not the dark, increasingly brighter blush that was starting to grow on the boy.

You have room for all of us Cynthia ? I have a nice hotel room downtown, the luxury Marriott one if we need it.
Hand clutching his suitcase like a lifeline, finally he spoke aloud.

"....Thank you. Er, I- Um, that is to say....Uh..."

Poor boy was out of his depth like a frog in the deep sea.

Ah, to be young.

@Gands @Michale CS

I shake her hand. I feel something a very subtle, like a tiny shift in reality. Instinct says this is a good thing.

I watch her kiss him, yes. oddly arousing... and that is at least partly her at work... I think....

"Yeah. I've got a fold out bed in the living room that we can let the kid use, and of course I've got a big bed in the bedroom which us girls can use for sleeping or... whatever happens. But it'd be a shame to waste the hotel room. It's your call. My car's just at the end of the block. The back seat is kinda not really a seat but we can drape Lucifer across it so he can start sleeping this off." I rattle off like this has happened to me a thousand times before. Which, if you switch things around a little, it probably has.

Hand clutching his suitcase like a lifeline, finally he spoke aloud.

"....Thank you. Er, I- Um, that is to say....Uh..."

Poor boy was out of his depth like a frog in the deep sea.

Ah, to be young.
I start to make a quip then I get it. The feelings, the awkwardness and my intuition. "Shit. Alex, I think I've given Lucifer here his first kiss. Fuck, I'm sorry man. I'll make it up to you with a proper one later when you sober up huh? No one should have a pity-sober-up kiss be the first one they have. Can't change that but I can certainly put the goddamned cherry on top of the second one."

I'm a lot of things. I can be a cast iron grade A bitch, but... at the core of it, my Dad is probably only a demon and not one of the host because he's such a goddamned horndog. You don't fuck with love. That's hardcore shit right there, and I'm really feeling guilty right now - which I relish. Demons don't feel guilt. Not for a hot second. This means I am getting more human, which I desperately want to be.

We get to my car and and I'm trying to figure out how to shoehorn Lucifer into the baggage compartment that Mazda called a back seat in my little convertible.

"So, Alex. Where to? Your place or mine?"

@Gands @Ringmaster

Last edited:
This seems like it is moving quickly even for her, much less for me. Of interest, she seems to have something of a conscious. I like that. Hotel rooms seem so impersonal, I cant turn down the chance to see how she lives.

Lets go to your place Cynthia... Hotels seem so impersonal I think.

"Yeah. I've got a fold out bed in the living room that we can let the kid use, and of course I've got a big bed in the bedroom which us girls can use for sleeping or... whatever happens. But it'd be a shame to waste the hotel room. It's your call. My car's just at the end of the block. The back seat is kinda not really a seat but we can drape Lucifer across it so he can start sleeping this off." I rattle off like this has happened to me a thousand times before. Which, if you switch things around a little, it probably has.
Lets go to your place Cynthia... Hotels seem so impersonal I think.
This was not helping his blush get any less red. If anything, it seemed to be consuming him. A naturally pale sort, what skin was exposed and to sight looked red as a beet.

TrynototthinkbadthoughtsTrynottothinkbadthoughtsTrynottothinkbadthoughts

A look at his aura was enough to show just how successful he was doing with that.
I start to make a quip then I get it. The feelings, the awkwardness and my intuition. "Shit. Alex, I think I've given Lucifer here his first kiss. Fuck, I'm sorry man. I'll make it up to you with a proper one later when you sober up huh? No one should have a pity-sober-up kiss be the first one they have. Can't change that but I can certainly put the goddamned cherry on top of the second one."
"Oh no- I mean yes! Yes, its my first kiss. But, um...That's not what I'm flushed about."

He removed his hat respectfully, twisting it briefly in hand as he avoided their gazes, feeling like an idiot. Finally, he spoke.

"Umm...Its just.... The intent was good and it was nice at that, but I think if I come, I might be more tempted to stick around then I should. I came to London for a purpose and a mission. I don't know what will happen, or how things will go...But..."

He smiled and stood a little straighter as he looked them in the eye, earnestness rising like a cloud around him. Host have mercy, he was radiating actual faith. Like a lightning bolt in a glass bottle, that warmed him and tinged his spirit with radiance despite the shadow that laid upon him.

"I'll remember this night and the hospitality shared and the humanity from those I didn't expect at first. Its a lesson I won't forget. So..."

There was another flare of courage, a hint of anxiety and suddenly he was up in Cynthia's space.

And the cold of London by night would be countered by the warmth of his lips on her cheek.

A move he then repeated with the daughter of Hades.

Pulling back, he smiled and placed his hat back on as his grin lit the night and he bowed from the waist to both. In a tone of voice both giddy and full of warmth, he spoke.

"I'll see you two around."

And with a final wave, he turned and was soon gone into the night.

@Gands @Michale CS

Status
Not open for further replies.