The Moonlit World: London

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No. We do not."

Egg Shen spoke with a frown. Lucifer sheepishly put down Lane and Egg Shen explained.

"The place I am considering is an old Chinese sanctuary. A place of refuge in the Nevernever, for those who call for it. I did the owners a favor a long while back. At the least, our enemies will have to pursue us there and the matter can be settled with a neutral party. It should be safe....Ish. Its also why I came here to Chinatown in the first place. More easier to enter, yes?
"Sold. Any objections?" I said curtly, looking about sort of nervously. Who knew how long the 'neutral' place we were in would continue to be so, considering its location.

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster @Gands

Alright then, let's get it going folks

I go Back to my table, rapidly devouring the last of my food.

Agreed and written out, Egg Shen would explain to all present as he drew it out on the floor.

"People speak of China as though it was only confined to one place. As if it wasn't replicated in near every, major city. Every family shrine. Before people came to America, there were already folk with their own path. Which brings us to here."

The portal opened and Egg Shen spoke.

"In the Nevernever, certain enemies may be stronger. Everything there is dangerous...And the pathways are strange and twisted to behold. But so long as we stick together, we should be safe."

Living-room-home-wall-decoration-fabric-poster-font-b-Fantasy-b-font-art-font-b-Landscape.jpg

When they stepped through, the entire world changed.

Lucifer breathed out quietly in astonishment.

"Ave Maria."

"Welcome to the Nevernever. We'll have to go...This way."

And leading the path, they would travel alongside the river, in what most would have sworn to have been a beautiful day in China long ago. At least...Till the following occurred.

And in a burst of lightning, three figures would appear before them on the road.

big_trouble_in_little_china__7_incentive_cover_by_valstaples-d8d5au0.jpg

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
And in a burst of lightning, three figures would appear before them on the road.

"Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this seems less safe than advertised."

I quipped, then perhaps not the safest thing to do, I summon the Hellfire in me, preparing to unleash it in the very likely case that these were the Storms.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm fast. Really fast. But I'd hazard a guess I couldn't use my teleport trick here in the Never-never, and I wasn't lightning bolt fast either.

Not that I thought that I had much chance of avoiding this fight..

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Gands @Ringmaster

I say nothing at first that the storms might hear. I take a ready stance as my many trainers advised me.

Over the years, I have had many swords trainers, all dead men, all expert at their craft. I was taught something called the "oneness" a meditative skill of concentration. I enter that state now, standing in front of and just to one side of
Cyn.

{ whispered to Cyn} Fight as a team Cyn, you at range, me to keep them off of you.

"Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this seems less safe than advertised."

I quipped, then perhaps not the safest thing to do, I summon the Hellfire in me, preparing to unleash it in the very likely case that these were the Storms.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm fast. Really fast. But I'd hazard a guess I couldn't use my teleport trick here in the Never-never, and I wasn't lightning bolt fast either.

Not that I thought that I had much chance of avoiding this fight..

@Thuro 116 Pendragon @Gands @Ringmaster
I say nothing at first that the storms might hear. I take a ready stance as my many trainers advised me.

Over the years, I have had many swords trainers, all dead men, all expert at their craft. I was taught something called the "oneness" a meditative skill of concentration. I enter that state now, standing in front of and just to one side of
Cyn.

{ whispered to Cyn} Fight as a team Cyn, you at range, me to keep them off of you.
"You three?! You just don't know when to quit!"

With a scowl, Egg Shen reached into his pouch. Chun Li slid into a martial stance, mirrored by Lucifer before Egg Shen remarked.

"How did you even find us?"

"Our master is strong here...But we are not here to fight just yet. We swear on our power and on our honor as warriors."

The middle Storm member remarked as he approached with palms held upward.

Egg Shen paused in confusion. Lucifer was more vocal as he pointed.

"Not here to fight?! He tried to cut off my head!"

"And yet, you still live. You are not Black Dragon....It is the Black Dragon that our Master wishes to speak to you all about."

"Lo Pan." Mutters Chun Li, wary.

@Grands @Michale CS @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Can anyone here speak to their honor ? I am willing to hear them out, as long as they are honest about this.

I do not move from my stance, my voice is cold and emotionless to Cyn's hearing at least.

"And yet, you still live. You are not Black Dragon....It is the Black Dragon that our Master wishes to speak to you all about."

"Lo Pan." Mutters Chun Li, wary.
Can anyone here speak to their honor ? I am willing to hear them out, as long as they are honest about this.

I do not move from my stance, my voice is cold and emotionless to Cyn's hearing at least.
I don't let go of my inner Hellfire. Oh that's going to tear me up later, keeping it inside. I'll need ice cream, at the very least. But I manage to keep it in for now. "Sure, let's hear what they have to say. Why not?" Everything else is fucked up around here, so why not listen to the guys that almost killed us.

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster

I don't let go of my inner Hellfire. Oh that's going to tear me up later, keeping it inside. I'll need ice cream, at the very least. But I manage to keep it in for now. "Sure, let's hear what they have to say. Why not?" Everything else is fucked up around here, so why not listen to the guys that almost killed us.

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Ringmaster
"They have sworn on their power." Lucifer conceded reluctantly.

"Its a binding thing, especially here in the Nevernever."

"Its their master I'm worried about." Egg Shen mutters before glancing at the party.

"We could split up? Some could head for the sanctuary and the rest wait for the others, once they return from Lo Pan. I have a map of sorts to help guide if such is needed."

@Gands @Michale CS @Thuro 116 Pendragon

"Its their master I'm worried about." Egg Shen mutters before glancing at the party.

"We could split up? Some could head for the sanctuary and the rest wait for the others, once they return from Lo Pan. I have a map of sorts to help guide if such is needed."
♫♫Don't you know, you never split the party! Cleric's in the back, keeps the fighters hale and hearty! The wizard in the middle, where he can shed some light, and you never let that damned thief out of sight!♫♫ That song plays in my head despite my best efforts to keep it out. Damned earworm. But it has a point. "Listen, I don't know that I'm the best person to be negotiating with big bad dude and there aren't a lot of us to begin with. Weren't we, like with you to help keep you safe? Splitting up seems like a summarily bad idea, but if we do, Alex and I are a package deal. Where she goes, I go, so I'm leaving it to her."

@Gands @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Cynthia is right..stick together and hear them out for now...

I am still concentrating on my mental void. I dont know these guys from Adam and they work for a crime lord.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS

Last edited by a moderator:
♫♫Don't you know, you never split the party! Cleric's in the back, keeps the fighters hale and hearty! The wizard in the middle, where he can shed some light, and you never let that damned thief out of sight!♫♫ That song plays in my head despite my best efforts to keep it out. Damned earworm. But it has a point. "Listen, I don't know that I'm the best person to be negotiating with big bad dude and there aren't a lot of us to begin with. Weren't we, like with you to help keep you safe? Splitting up seems like a summarily bad idea, but if we do, Alex and I are a package deal. Where she goes, I go, so I'm leaving it to her."

@Gands @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon
Cynthia is right..stick together and hear them out for now...

I am still concentrating on my mental void. I dont know these guys from Adam and they work for a crime lord.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS
"I'll speak to him then." Egg Shen stared with incredulity at the young Acolyte, who shuffled from foot to foot. Continuing, Lucifer spoke.

"I'm willing to speak for them, while the rest of you move on....Its my job anyway, right?"

Lane decided as well to go with him and the matter was settled. Which meant once more, the party could go on to the Shaolin Sanctuary.

So of course, they would be accosted by the following as what looked like Terracotta soldiers marched out to attack them. Swift and lifelike, with the bodies of stone and clay and armed with dangerous looking weapons. Each one bore a strange emblem of a coiled dragon and all of them moved to swarm the three.

Egg Shen howled and threw an exploding gem, as Chun Li charged to take them on hand to hand.

"BLACK DRAGON! FIGHT BACK!"

@Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon @Michale CS

• Thank You
I manage to get back into the void, clawing my way back into the concentration necessary.

I don't jump into the fray, I am in a defensive stance and standing between Cynthia and the weird clay men. As much as I can, I bar their path to Egg as well.

Next time perhaps, just straight to Hades I think. .

I try to think of golems, weaknesses... Are these wet clay or earth ?

I step aside so that Alex isn't right in front of me and see if my number one attack will have any effect. I've actually got my doubts, but since Hellfire is magical and doesn't just burn physically? It was worth a shot. And... just cause I feel like a ham - humor is my way of dealing with stress, in case you haven't noticed, I yell out as I sent the gout of supernatural flame toward the nearest of the men.

2DkhymL.jpg
"Kame-Hame-Ha!" I yell out as the flame billows out from me and toward them.
@Gands @Ringmaster

I manage to get back into the void, clawing my way back into the concentration necessary.

I don't jump into the fray, I am in a defensive stance and standing between Cynthia and the weird clay men. As much as I can, I bar their path to Egg as well.

Next time perhaps, just straight to Hades I think. .

I try to think of golems, weaknesses... Are these wet clay or earth ?
I step aside so that Alex isn't right in front of me and see if my number one attack will have any effect. I've actually got my doubts, but since Hellfire is magical and doesn't just burn physically? It was worth a shot. And... just cause I feel like a ham - humor is my way of dealing with stress, in case you haven't noticed, I yell out as I sent the gout of supernatural flame toward the nearest of the men.

2DkhymL.jpg
"Kame-Hame-Ha!" I yell out as the flame billows out from me and toward them.
Hardened clay from the looks of it. Cheap and easy to craft for any practitioner, though there were variations much tougher and more worthy of a craftsmans name. They seemed to explode well though by Egg Shens gems as the sorcerer used his magic at his disposal. Though one of his gems did nothing but make them wet, oddly enough.

As for the girl that this seemed to be centered around, it was clear what she was as her limbs glowed briefly, lines of power forming as electricity around her legs and arms as she spun and kicked in a whirlwind display of Kung Fu. She was a martial arts prodigy for sure and every hit shattered the clay fighters she found herself on.

Another mass would find themselves exploding by the hellfire, cooled down by the water and suddenly heated as Egg Shen laughed aloud at his working trick.

Right before five of them came close enough to bring their weapons down upon the two ladies and the old man.

@Gands @Michale CS

Now I must take action. I move among the five. My primary goal is to keep them away from Egg and Cynthia, so I am in a defensive stance. My gifts are mostly with the heavy bladed sword, so I use it like a whirling blur of a bludgeon. Kickboxing and aikido moves to keep myself from being hit to badly and keep the other two from being hit at all.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster

Yeah, here's where I go Matrix. It's what I call it when I let my Hellish side take over and stop forcing myself to slow down.

See, I can easily do pretty much everything about twice as fast as human, and even faster if I focus. I dance back from the attack and in counter, I send a gush of Hellfire point blank, directed at the wrist of one of the attackers followed up by right cross. The goal here is to disarm.

@Ringmaster @Gands

Now I must take action. I move among the five. My primary goal is to keep them away from Egg and Cynthia, so I am in a defensive stance. My gifts are mostly with the heavy bladed sword, so I use it like a whirling blur of a bludgeon. Kickboxing and aikido moves to keep myself from being hit to badly and keep the other two from being hit at all.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster
Yeah, here's where I go Matrix. It's what I call it when I let my Hellish side take over and stop forcing myself to slow down.

See, I can easily do pretty much everything about twice as fast as human, and even faster if I focus. I dance back from the attack and in counter, I send a gush of Hellfire point blank, directed at the wrist of one of the attackers followed up by right cross. The goal here is to disarm.

@Ringmaster @Gands
Between their arts, the terracotta statues crumble and fall. Egg Shen frowns as he looks around.

"....Black Dragon work. So they are here as well. The Shaolin Temple should be up ahead though."

OOC: Encounter over, FP initiated to catch up or heal.

@Gands @Michale CS

Evelyn Fisher

Well, like probably a good few of the other attendees here, Evelyn was busy downing a drink, she looked a bit bored, checking her phone on occasion... As if waiting for something, a message, perhaps, or just something to do.

That pack she carried with her indicated that she was a bit of a traveler, and that walking stick she had with her looked like it had seen its fair share of action. The bottom of it was sharpened to a somewhat dull point, looks like it might make a good skewer, or a decent weapon.

In either case, at the moment, Evelyn appeared to have dropped by London recently, evidenced by her somewhat clashing outfit, when compared to the usual pub goers anyways. A tourist, perhaps?​

Status
Not open for further replies.