The Moonlit World: London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it's safe to visit that kid sometime Cynthia ? Do you remember the name of the place... St. Giles or something wasn't it.

I am sitting in our old apartment as we are packing to move.
"I looked up Saint Giles. It's an asylum. Safe is pretty relative. Unless it's a front. What do you think? Wanna go see if Lucifer was on his way to be committed?" I replied, taping up a box full of toys, if you catch my meaning.

"We could just ask around about the kid. If he hasn't been locked up then someone must have seen him around somewhere."

@Gands

Mind you, its something of a lark. Put those down will you !

I laugh a bit watching Cynthia's antics.

I assume you'd know where to ask ? And I thought you said he'd be a hunter or something ?

Mind you, its something of a lark. Put those down will you !

I laugh a bit watching Cynthia's antics.

I assume you'd know where to ask ? And I thought you said he'd be a hunter or something ?
I put down the box and shrug. "Yeah, I know where to ask. I think you'll like him. Real cool cat. Met him a couple times in passing over the past couple months."

So, we get in the Bentley and head down to near Diagon Alley. "He'll be around here somewhere." We circle around, with me waving Alex on, behind a fish market. Even if I had my eyes closed I could tell it was near a fish market.

@Ringmaster @Gands

I put down the box and shrug. "Yeah, I know where to ask. I think you'll like him. Real cool cat. Met him a couple times in passing over the past couple months."

So, we get in the Bentley and head down to near Diagon Alley. "He'll be around here somewhere." We circle around, with me waving Alex on, behind a fish market. Even if I had my eyes closed I could tell it was near a fish market.

@Ringmaster @Gands
473b13ab457b90564c453ff887fbdd29.jpg

"Oh me, oh my. If it isn't the tart, out for a walk."

There was a flick of black and a sudden cat with an intense glare that was natural, licking his paw as he regarded them. Despite the rough words, there was nothing but the grumble one might get from a favorite uncle as with a Northern accent, he stared at the two. Alexandra in particular got the eye a bit longer then usual before he sneezed.

"So whats it to be this time? Local events? The movements of the mighty? Or dare I believe this to be a friendly hello?"

@Michale CS @Gands

Alright, here's me playing captain obvious. That's not really entirely cat right ?

And hello mister Cat.. Call me Alex.

I don't entirely like Diaganon alley or fish markets, so I'm a bit wary now.

"Oh me, oh my. If it isn't the tart, out for a walk."

There was a flick of black and a sudden cat with an intense glare that was natural, licking his paw as he regarded them. Despite the rough words, there was nothing but the grumble one might get from a favorite uncle as with a Northern accent, he stared at the two. Alexandra in particular got the eye a bit longer then usual before he sneezed.

"So whats it to be this time? Local events? The movements of the mighty? Or dare I believe this to be a friendly hello?"
Alright, here's me playing captain obvious. That's not really entirely cat right ?

I don't entirely like Diagon alley or fish markets, so I'm a bit wary now.
"Oh he's a cat all right, Alex." I say, treasuring the look on her face for a moment before turning to Elyan. "You wound me, Elyan. Fresh salmon in it for you if you can tell me where a certain someone is. I met him at a bar a couple months back. About yay tall, black hair. Unusual eyes, Texan accent. Lucifer is his name. Got anything for me?" I gesture at what I remember Lucifer's height being and offer my usual bribe. Of course I start low. We've done this dance before, Elyan and I.

@Ringmaster @Gands

"Oh he's a cat all right, Alex." I say, treasuring the look on her face for a moment before turning to Elyan. "You wound me, Elyan. Fresh salmon in it for you if you can tell me where a certain someone is. I met him at a bar a couple months back. About yay tall, black hair. Unusual eyes, Texan accent. Lucifer is his name. Got anything for me?" I gesture at what I remember Lucifer's height being and offer my usual bribe. Of course I start low. We've done this dance before, Elyan and I.

@Ringmaster @Gands
"Oh joy. A salmon, singular. And here is me, all a-twitter at the thought. Look, toss in a can of caviar and you got yourself a deal. I'm not a savage after all."

He sniffed.

The stare he turned to Alexandra was flat and full of judgement before he spoke aloud.

"Well of course I'm not a cat! You ever heard of a cat who can discourse so eloquently? Fie on you madame, fie I say!"

He licked his paw and his tail flicked back and forth as he eyed the two.

"How about no? If you must talk to me, call me Mr. White. How'd you like to be called 'Miss Demigod?"

The mouth split into an approximation of a grin.

"Oh yes, I know what you are. I see everyone for what they are, perks of the form....And perhaps the curse used."

His tail drooped slightly before he added.

"Although...I do like the fish. There is that."

@Gands @Michale CS

I laugh for several moments.

At least I introduced myself Sir. Fie upon you for such bad manners ! Should I assume your transformation eliminated them ?

Well, at least I'm not crazy I think to myself.

"Oh joy. A salmon, singular. And here is me, all a-twitter at the thought. Look, toss in a can of caviar and you got yourself a deal. I'm not a savage after all."

He sniffed.

At least I introduced myself Sir. Fie upon you for such bad manners ! Should I assume your transformation eliminated them ?

I look over at Alex, still chuckling myself a little. She's the one with the money. Caviar, at least the kind that Elyan would like could set me back fifty bucks at least. Then, I shrug. "Fine. A salmon and a can of Caviar. I'll even up the ante. If your information is good, I'll let the Evans' dog off his leash so you can get past him to that Persian that's been making eyes at you the past few weeks. We got a deal?" As much as I love making deals, I sort of want to rush this one because something's hitting me wrong about the fish market smell now worse than usual.

@Gands @Ringmaster

"I am the Cat that walks by himself and all ways are alike to me."

He quoted back, with the smugness inherent in all cats before adding without a trace of remorse.

"Besides, who expects politeness from a cat?"
I look over at Alex, still chuckling myself a little. She's the one with the money. Caviar, at least the kind that Elyan would like could set me back fifty bucks at least. Then, I shrug. "Fine. A salmon and a can of Caviar. I'll even up the ante. If your information is good, I'll let the Evans' dog off his leash so you can get past him to that Persian that's been making eyes at you the past few weeks. We got a deal?" As much as I love making deals, I sort of want to rush this one because something's hitting me wrong about the fish market smell now worse than usual.
"Oh how very much like you. Appeal to my gluttony and my libido. Fine. We've a deal. As to the boy..."

He stretched out and his mouth returned to that cat grin.

"Newest Acolyte of the Burial Agency. First monstrous Scion they recruited, heard they jumped him when he first walked in. Managed to impress the old tigress with some kind of speech, been with them ever since. He frequents the John Bull pub to talk to people....Mostly supernaturals, whoever is around. Its gets them used to a Burial Agency member, makes them remember its Lucifer. American, young and handsome, sickeningly-sweet Lucifer rather then the Executor he'll become on graduation."

He considered for a moment before adding.

"He's also a penchant for jumping headfirst into situations I'd avoid. Winters got their eye on him, after he slew a mass of Hobs with his classmates. If you're looking for him? Either the loudest source of trouble or the John Bull pub is your best bet."

A beat passed.

"....I'll drop by your place for my payment."

@Gands @Michale CS

I watch the pair negotiate. Cynthia does have the gift. She's working quickly for some reason.
The creature has a way with perception. Best to play it nice nice for now, lest he become a blabber cat.
I give Cynthia the look that says I'm okay with her negotiation.

I watch the pair negotiate. Cynthia does have the gift. She's working quickly for some reason.
The creature has a way with perception. Best to play it nice nice for now, lest he become a blabber cat.
I give Cynthia the look that says I'm okay with her negotiation.
"He's also a penchant for jumping headfirst into situations I'd avoid. Winters got their eye on him, after he slew a mass of Hobs with his classmates. If you're looking for him? Either the loudest source of trouble or the John Bull pub is your best bet."

A beat passed.

"....I'll drop by your place for my payment."
"He's still going by the John Bull. That's where we met him, Alex. Come on, into the market to have the payment delivered, we're moving soon by the way, Elyan, then back to where it all began. If I only knew, it could have cost us less. Buuut, I wouldn't have been able to see your face when Elyan talked the first time. So worth it. Like it or not, I am half demon after all..." I say that last a bit musically, with a heavy dose of flirtation in my voice before I curl my finger a few times to indicate Alex follow me.

I don't say goodbye to Elyan, because I'm treating him like cats treat each other. Once the business is concluded, go on your way. Goodbye means I might miss you when I'm gone and no self-respecting cat would admit to anything of the sort.

It's not long before we've paid for what we need to pay for and are on our way toward the John Bull. "So, what did you think of Mr. White?"

@Ringmaster @Gands

Something about a pub drew people, in one way or another. Was it the drinks? The atmosphere? Or perhaps a combination of both? Needless to say, there was a key difference between an actual pub and a cheap bar with liquor. A pub was more akin to a fireside. Everyone who knew everyone, coming in after a long day. Looking after each other, more times then not acting in the others best interest.

And drinks.

Lots of drinks.

Maybe that was why Lucifer started to come to the John Bull a lot nowadays.

He got a lot more attention in his uniform- Both good and bad. The ones who knew it growled at first, the ones who didn't...Growled for entirely other reasons which made him blush when a classmate explained. When asked why he came around, Lucifer just smiled. He had learned something in this place, the value of another insight. And so he came constantly to hone that. To speak with the people who came in with problems, both Moonlit and otherwise.

Wasn't that what a good priest did?

At least, he hoped so. Anyway, after telling the girl he'd drive, a feeling came over him to wait.

He frowned at first, but obeyed it. Sometimes, you had to have a little faith.

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Must be a London thing right ? You ever see that Men in Black movie ? Never mind.

I follow along watching Cynthia conduct the fishy business and continue to trail along into the Pub.
I am wary as usual. Dressed a bit more for trouble, darn Cynthia and these yoga pants.

Wasn't that what a good priest did?

At least, he hoped so. Anyway, after telling the girl he'd drive, a feeling came over him to wait.

He frowned at first, but obeyed it. Sometimes, you had to have a little faith.
Must be a London thing right ? You ever see that Men in Black movie ? Never mind.

I follow along watching Cynthia conduct the fishy business and continue to trail along into the Pub.
I am wary as usual. Dressed a bit more for trouble, darn Cynthia and these yoga pants.

"And there he is. I guess the cat's worth his caviar after all." I say as we walk into the John Bull. "So I hear you got a job in the cemetery, Lucifer." I quip, the not so veiled reference to the Burial Agency. "Alex and I were just thinking of you. It's you-" I was going to rattle on but there was a girl next to Lucifer, and she was looking at him anxiously. And not lust anxious, nervous anxious. I know lust enough to know the difference.

"I... think I should let you do a little talking now, Luke." I pause and look at him with one of my rare serious gazes, usually reserved for Alex lately.

@Gands @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon

I follow Cynthia into the pub and we spot Lucifer. There is a girl next to him. I noticed quickly, as does Cynthia that there is something wrong. I am quiet and wary... What is the girl worried about. I let Cynthia do the talking and resist pulling at the crotch of these damned yoga pants.

"I... think I should let you do a little talking now, Luke." I pause and look at him with one of my rare serious gazes, usually reserved for Alex lately.
"Well, I-"

"Hahahahahahaha."

ian-mcshane-530x299.jpg

That rolling, rich laughter came from the man who started it all. A grin on his face as he rose to his feet.

"Now here's a pretty conundrum. A bat, a whore, a guardian and an undertaker all walk into a bar. All in time to meet each other. Its a tale to stretch coincidence."

He leered and winked once, the glass eye shining as he spoke, first to Alexandra.

"Mr. Wednesday is my name. I work around the same circles as your father. As for you my dear, my word. I see you take more after your mother! This one here-"

He clapped Lane on the shoulder with a grin.

"This ones been running for a long time, all in time to catch this boy. Right in the nick of time, for you all to meet."

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

"Now here's a pretty conundrum. A bat, a whore, a guardian and an undertaker all walk into a bar. All in time to meet each other. Its a tale to stretch coincidence."
"Lucifer's only been in town a couple of months. He hasn't had time to become a whore yet." I kibitz back, defensively. What I do, isn't whoring I tell myself. When I don't tell myself that, I get very depressed. This guy just pushed the wrong button with me. My stance goes from concerned to, well, I'll let my body language speak for itself. I fold my arms and look down and away. Every tiny bit of confidence and sexuality I normally exude just snuffs out like a candle. Why do I care what this joker says about me? I've been called whore a lot. But, it's always meant as an insult. This guy, he was just... labeling me, casually. And somehow that hurt. And it got past my guard. Which I hate. But, part of being human, right?

@Gands @Ringmaster @Thuro 116 Pendragon

I tilt my head in a respectful bow to the man.

Greetings Mister Wednesday, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Cynthia, mind your manners okay ?

I wink at Lucifer in a gesture of confidence.

Mister Wednesday, are we all here at your convenience ? or coincidence.

Greetings Mister Wednesday, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Cynthia, mind your manners okay ?

I wink at Lucifer in a gesture of confidence.

Mister Wednesday, are we all here at your convenience ? or coincidence.
This does nothing for my mood. Apparently she knows this dude. Does everyone else have this supernatural radar and I don't? What the Hells does Wednesday have to do with anything?

I start to speak again but then do something really out of character for me - I shut the Hells up. Out of respect for Alexandra I guess, because I don't know Wednesday from Adam.

I will, however, have a little talk later with Alex about this while situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.