The Moonlit World: London

Status
Not open for further replies.
A move he then repeated with the daughter of Hades.

Pulling back, he smiled and placed his hat back on as his grin lit the night and he bowed from the waist to both. In a tone of voice both giddy and full of warmth, he spoke.

"I'll see you two around."

And with a final wave, he turned and was soon gone into the night.
"Wait. Did that little scamp just friendzone me? The fuck? Well, I did have my mojo mainly turned off." I shake my head and look at Alex.

"Soo... still wanna come back to my place?" I turn to Alex with a light shrug.

@Ringmaster @Gands

Hmmn, what the hell Cynthia, lets celebrate our new partnership. This is completely out of character for me by the way.

Good night Lucifer.. Please take my business card. Call me when you've recovered.

I hand him my card as he is leaving.

I hate to think what you could do to me if you were trying Cynthia. Perhaps it's been too long, do you think ?

I laugh and wave at the young man as he escapes.

• Love
Reactions: Michale CS
Hmmn, what the hell Cynthia, lets celebrate our new partnership. This is completely out of character for me by the way.

Good night Lucifer.. Please take my business card. Call me when you've recovered.

I hand him my card as he is leaving.

I hate to think what you could do to me if you were trying Cynthia. Perhaps it's been too long, do you think ?

I laugh and wave at the young man as he escapes.
"What the Hell indeed, Alex. And don't hate what I could do to you. I've had enough practice to where I don't think I could ever come up with an unsatisfied partner. Come on, then." I hop into the driver's seat and pat the passenger's seat for Alex to join me.

Then, well... You didn't think I was going to kiss and tell did you?

The next morning Alex found out that I make a mean omelette.

@Gands @Ringmaster

I climb into the sporty little car not entirely knowing what to expect. I am a grown woman, and not a virgin. As far as gender, I am still working out what exactly my preferences are. Tonight, and I expect for some time to come, my preference is Cynthia. There is a spark there for me.

When we arrive at the apartment, I am nosy and curious about everything.I check the bathroom..the kitchen..I check for spells and wards. Discretely, I think anyway. If she asks, I tell the truth.

When we are alone, I try and chat for awhile. I discover that I am wound quite lightly since running afoul of the red vampire court in LA.

Cynthia unwinds me like an old clock tower after the bomb hits it. I was carefully wound and unwound more than a few times that night.

I awake to the smell of breakfast and hot tea. Last nights clothes are folded neatly nearby. Though I don't remember folding them. I am wearing my necklace only. Time to find a robe.

"Cynthia, is there an extra robe ?"

I should be embarrassed I think to myself.

The door opened and a small blonde walked through, her hair running free, her face worn down with heavy crows feet despite only being in her thirties, but the light in her eyes outshone any signs of age.

A broadsword was strapped to her, the handle looking a lot like the woman herself, worn but kept in good condition. It was about all she could ask for in this life. The scabbard was an entirely different affair, being decidedly modern, instead of leather being made out of kevlar. Unique gear for a unique woman.

Elaina Lane Smith walked forward to the bar, happily ordering a shot of vodka. She was happy because hre in this country it probably wasn't enough to burn a hole straight to the bottom of your stomach, only halfway there.

Swallowing the burning liquid in one gulp...nope it wasn't any weaker here dammit this was a bad idea Jesus please take me I'm coming home... she let her eyes wander around to the rest of the bar. Well, apparently she'd walked straight into the middle of the hornets nest, or maybe the lion's den.

Quietly she muttered, Love is a torch among the darkness.

Her vision swiveled for a moment, and when it was done the only reason she didn't jump out of her skin was combat experience. Caliburnus stripped back the masquerade when one of it's effects was activated, and she could see the others for what they were. Still though, she could be nice. Friendly.They were probably great. There were always one or two monsters that didn't want to eat her face.

Shoot me now.

"Nice whether we've been having, huh?"​

The door opened and a small blonde walked through, her hair running free, her face worn down with heavy crows feet despite only being in her thirties, but the light in her eyes outshone any signs of age.

A broadsword was strapped to her, the handle looking a lot like the woman herself, worn but kept in good condition. It was about all she could ask for in this life. The scabbard was an entirely different affair, being decidedly modern, instead of leather being made out of kevlar. Unique gear for a unique woman.

Elaina Lane Smith walked forward to the bar, happily ordering a shot of vodka. She was happy because hre in this country it probably wasn't enough to burn a hole straight to the bottom of your stomach, only halfway there.

Swallowing the burning liquid in one gulp...nope it wasn't any weaker here dammit this was a bad idea Jesus please take me I'm coming home... she let her eyes wander around to the rest of the bar. Well, apparently she'd walked straight into the middle of the hornets nest, or maybe the lion's den.

Quietly she muttered, Love is a torch among the darkness.

Her vision swiveled for a moment, and when it was done the only reason she didn't jump out of her skin was combat experience. Caliburnus stripped back the masquerade when one of it's effects was activated, and she could see the others for what they were. Still though, she could be nice. Friendly.They were probably great. There were always one or two monsters that didn't want to eat her face.

Shoot me now.

"Nice whether we've been having, huh?"​
"Exceptionally. Though I've always preferred storms."

latest

At the bar, a man turned or a thing in the form of a man. A glass eye peered out with disconcerting attention from his face and there was a sense of ancientness about him, despite his apparent youth. Not the old of years, but old like fire and starlight. A moment later he smiled and made a gesture of greeting.

"Could you settle an argument between me and my son? He believes that life is what you make of it- That destiny is a false god, a placebo if you will for that which comes. I on the other hand, believe destiny to have its place among all our other deities...Fate. Luck. Whatever else you may bow down before in your home. But tell me my dear."

He smiled and there was a hint of the wolf.

"What do you believe in?"

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

"Exceptionally. Though I've always preferred storms."

latest

At the bar, a man turned or a thing in the form of a man. A glass eye peered out with disconcerting attention from his face and there was a sense of ancientness about him, despite his apparent youth. Not the old of years, but old like fire and starlight. A moment later he smiled and made a gesture of greeting.

"Could you settle an argument between me and my son? He believes that life is what you make of it- That destiny is a false god, a placebo if you will for that which comes. I on the other hand, believe destiny to have its place among all our other deities...Fate. Luck. Whatever else you may bow down before in your home. But tell me my dear."

He smiled and there was a hint of the wolf.

"What do you believe in?"

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

...Wow. That was an incredibly piercing question since she herself had been locked into the great chain for most of her life, only escaping it in the past few months. With the sense of raw, constrained answer within the man in front of her, she decided to answer the question carefully.

"I believe in fate, and I believe that if you know what that fate is, and fight hard enough, you can shatter it." Then she frowned, and a flicker of her old cynicism showed up in her next words. "But I also knw that most people aren't strong enough or don't care enough to break free. So, I guess I believe in both."

"Let me ask you a question me and my partner always argue about, who's better, Kirk or Picard?"

Foot. Meet mouth.

@Ringmaster

...Wow. That was an incredibly piercing question since she herself had been locked into the great chain for most of her life, only escaping it in the past few months. With the sense of raw, constrained answer within the man in front of her, she decided to answer the question carefully.

"I believe in fate, and I believe that if you know what that fate is, and fight hard enough, you can shatter it." Then she frowned, and a flicker of her old cynicism showed up in her next words. "But I also knw that most people aren't strong enough or don't care enough to break free. So, I guess I believe in both."

"Let me ask you a question me and my partner always argue about, who's better, Kirk or Picard?"

Foot. Meet mouth.

@Ringmaster
"Picard, for a certainty. The man had a voice you could place ice cubes on and it'd never melt."

He chuckled and his companion, introduced as his son raised a glass to her in agreement. The old man swirled his own cup and took a sip before smiling.

"Now then, how about this question? About...A mile away from here, a young lady finds herself in a van. She's been kidnapped off the streets and is currently working on slicing away her restraints. She fights because she must and because she has a purpose she feels she must live for- But it is destiny that she dies, cornered in an alleyway like a cat as she fights impossible odds. So I ask you...."

He drained the rest of his mug and placed it down as he looked at her.

"Do you accept her fate? Or will you face destiny and spit in the old coots face, for the sake of a girl?"

@Thuro 116 Pendragon

When we arrive at the apartment, I am nosy and curious about everything.I check the bathroom..the kitchen..I check for spells and wards. Discretely, I think anyway. If she asks, I tell the truth.
Oddly, or maybe not so oddly, most of the wards are geared toward keeping intruders of the supernatural bent out. The frosting along every window to the outside is ringed with salt crystals with a strange smell to them. The herb garden she kept in the small windowbox in the kitchen consisted of garlic, wolvesbane, basil, and rosemary. Outside, the little apartment did have a 'yard' about the size of three matresses laid end to end, there were several other plants not really identifiable unless you were a botanist (or a Wiccan or alchemist).

I awake to the smell of breakfast and hot tea. Last nights clothes are folded neatly nearby. Though I don't remember folding them. I am wearing my necklace only. Time to find a robe.

"Cynthia, is there an extra robe ?"
"Mhm. Peek in the little closet in front of the bathroom. You're taller than me so it's going to be a little short but should get past your knees at least. Used to have a tank water heater, got a tankless one so I converted it to a closet. It's the only door you haven't opened in my place so far." I stick my head around the corner and make a silly face, showing I held no malice for her snooping around at all.

@Gands

He had finally found the address by morning.

Tired, running on a tea-and-bun quickie he managed to snag from a cafe, he found the address in question. A run down, condemned collection of bricks formed into what might be a Monastery in a pinch. Lucifer thought it looked somewhat disturbing, at least until he saw the rusted sign by the gate.

St. Giles Hospital for the Insane.

Oh.

Oh.

Was he at the right place? Cautiously, he pushed the gate and when it creaked open, he drew his case in with him and entered the grounds. Cautiously, he looked around. Didn't seem to be anything here...Not that he knew of at least. Gravel crunching beneath his feet, he flicked his eyes down and then back up as he walked through the doors.

The air had a strange stench behind it, one unidentifiable to him but enough to make him cautious. And away from the rising sun, in the dark he blinked and his eyes began to glow slowly. Just enough to tap into his night vision as he was soon moving through, avoiding the glass and on occasion, doing a skip and a hop as he hefted his case on his shoulder.

It wasn't until he walked into what looked to be the main ward that he ran into trouble.

Three shadows detached from the black and descended as one.

Lucifer, tired and on edge up to this point exploded into action.

He leaped and spun in midair, using the first move to fling his suitcase on an intercept move with one of the shadows. The next move, he was already discarding his jacket, flinging the puffy, old thing into the face of the second. Now clad in t-shirt and jeans, he had his arms free and just enough time to bring up his hands in a block.

Even so, the impact sent him flying and crashing into a table, the shattering noise filling the air. Lucifer flipped back to his feet, eyes blazing as he went on the attack. He calculated he had about five seconds or less before the other two distangled and returned to the fight...Which meant now, he had to press his advantage. The shadow swung in a haymaker, Lucifer grabbed it and twisted, using his shoulder and upper body to act as a fulcrum to flip his opponent down onto the ground, followed by a heavy stomp to the face.

Five seconds on the dot, pain shot up from his back as he was sent flying once more, both opponents double-teaming to kick him while distracted. He ignored it, shunted out the pain as he flipped and returned to his feet.

"Hold."

Everything froze and Lucifer, now that he wasn't fighting had a better view of his opponents. Some kind of black, jumpsuit material and masks. Adorning the eyes, goggles peered impassively on him and he frowned.

The one on the ground groaned and the quiet tread of boots echoed. Lucifer stared as out came what looked like a blond, icy figure of a Valkyrie in a suit. She looked at the body and then back at him before speaking.

"You're not a vampire. Half blood? Which court? Your eyes say the Red, but your waltzing in without respect for the boundary and your looks say White. You've not the rot of the Black and you act nothing like a Jade...Really, you have us for a loss."

She gestured and the two from before helped up their comrade as she looked around at the room. Lucifer, feeling foolish put his arms down as he cleared his throat.

"Er...I may have something to explain."

The letter was produced like holy writ and she read it with the intensity of a hawk before frowning.

"...Of course she would." Crumbling it in her hand, she stuffed it in her pocket and turned to examine him intensely. Lucifer swallowed hard.

"....You wish to train with us."

"....Yes. If you're who I believe."

"We've never accepted a monster before among our ranks." There was no insult in it, delivered in such a flat intonation. Regardless, Lucifer flushed and held up his fists.

"Now just one sec-"

She raised her hand and Lucifer stopped. She cocked an eyebrow in what passed for befuddlement on her. The sign in question was one in use among black ops in the Mundane...Meant to signal silence and Rain had used it till it was second nature for Lucifer to be quiet in such times. She sighed out and crossed his arms.

"Why do you seek our secrets?"

"To protect the people I love."

"And who are these people?"

"Everyone."

Up rose the eyebrow and Lucifer glanced around, finding his hat on the ground and walking towards it, he picked it up and brushed it off, collecting his thoughts as he did so. Putting it on, he sighed.

"I'm young. But I grew up knowing I was different. It was in the way my teacher taught me to slit the throat of a pig, why the blood- warm, fresh and hot charged me up like nothing else. I'd raised that pig from a piglet, did you know? I called him Mr. Ham because I thought it was a funny name. But moving on."

A twitch of the hat for comfort and he moved on.

"Sunlight felt horrible, but I was made to stay in it till I could shunt away the pain like pulling off a band-aid. There were nights I'd be sore from baseballs flung at me to increase my resistance to pain and to break through it...And for what? I did it because my teacher wanted me to, but I had to come up with motivation of my own. And it is this....People, are people...Are people."

He spoke quickly, seeing her growing impatience.

"They're so ignorant and funny, walking around with their hopes and dreams. Some rotten, others friendly and most of the time they're the same person! Can you imagine! The capacity of good and evil, so inherent in a person? The choices they might make? 'There but for the grace of god I go.' They deserve those chances. They deserve to walk in the sunlight, to sleep without fear of the dark or that their children may be snatched. If I can make that difference...If I could stand and make the monsters move, because I am one myself?"

He shrugged and sighed out.

"So be it. I'm ready."

"You've just condemned yourself to a lifetime of pain and suffering."

The woman noted in a neutral tone. Lucifer grinned and tapped beneath his eye, drawing attention to the blood-red coloration.

"Nothing new there."

She stared for a long moment once more, before nodding slowly as she spoke aloud.

"Take us down. You....Watch your head."

"What?"

There was a click and the entire floor began to descend like an elevator, Lucifer's eyes growing wide as the Sister smirked.

"Welcome...To the Burial Agency."

A beginning....

• Love
I walk quickly to the small closet to snatch up a robe and wrap it around myself. Not usually shy, I have put myself at a bit of a disadvantage and my face is colored a bit by a blush.

I like the place Cynthia, it has personality. Good wards too, have you ever had any troubles here ?

I head towards the kitchen, somewhat conscious of the shortness of the robe, a little more than we expected.

I walk quickly to the small closet to snatch up a robe and wrap it around myself. Not usually shy, I have put myself at a bit of a disadvantage and my face is colored a bit by a blush.

I like the place Cynthia, it has personality. Good wards too, have you ever had any troubles here ?

I head towards the kitchen, somewhat conscious of the shortness of the robe, a little more than we expected.
"Nope. Not yet. Can't be too careful though. I just researched what kind of stuff I'd need to make the wards, and then paid someone to do them. Only thing I really know about is which herbs and plants do what. A buddy of mine got me into it, and it sort of stuck. I hope you don't have any allergies. Omelette's got onions, peppers and mushrooms outside of the usual cheese. If you want spicy, well I stock a good variety of hot sauces." I gesture to the lazy susan on my kitchen table, which attests to sauces from the mildest jalapeño sauce to some of the spiciest ghost pepper nightmares on the market.

"So, tonight told me a lot of things about you but it didn't tell me if you were a coffee or tea person. Have a preference?" I saunter over to my Keurig machine and spin the little display rack with all the different selections. "I even have hot cocoa if that's what flips your switch in the morning."

@Gands

You have good instincts Cynthia, I recognize most of the plants I've seen.

Lets start with Tea, you know, when in England. Earl grey here sounds good.

I start up the Keurig.

And no, I have no allergies that I know of. Lastly, not too much of a fan of anything paste mild salsa

You have good instincts Cynthia, I recognize most of the plants I've seen.

Lets start with Tea, you know, when in England. Earl grey here sounds good.

I start up the Keurig.

And no, I have no allergies that I know of. Lastly, not too much of a fan of anything paste mild salsa
Breakfast passes pretty much as expected, with me making just enough innuendo to top off my tank emotion-wise.

After we've finished, I lean forward. "So, you said you were wanting to set up a shop to move antiques and whatnot, and you wanted me to be the saleslady. Do you have a location all picked out? I'm kind of guessing not since you were still staying out of a hotel. You should totally move in here though. I've got room in my closet for stuff and can pack up a lot of my slut outfits and toss them in the storage unit above my parking space, now that I've got a steady supply of lust. That is... if I can assume that much?"

I lean back then, sipping at my hot cocoa. So, sometimes I like sweet stuff in the morning.

@Gands

Lust...

I am laughing a bit now.

You are a bit like the white court people then ? As far as the shop, yes, we need to find a proper place for it. Much to be done there and we'll be busy working out the details. Perhaps first we can do some shopping... clothes for both of us.

I look at her with my head tilted a serious expression on my face.

Cynthia, I wont lie to you. There is a spark for me, I don't believe you've worked anything on me. Are you certain you want me here ?

There is a twinge of doubt deep inside. Cynthia has quite some hours back worn away my mask of professional demeanor. But mostly there is some happiness. It is always good to belong.

The ancient thing's phrasing, the directness of the question. She had a feeling they weren't dealing in hypotheticals anymore. This was just like the final battle of LA fighting Apophis and Legion. Well, it wasn't. It did feel like it however, every time she had to make a stand right in line of some nasty from the night. Wordlessly the barkeep fetched her another vodka, returning while she mulled over the best answer for the thing in front of her. Taking the shot glass in her hand she downed it in one gulp...the entire thing stinging like she was possessed again damn it all to hell why did she keep subjecting herself to that...

Finally she looked into it's eyes, her caramel eyes against it's glass. "I'd take her fate onto my own, then I'd deal with consequences as they came. Spit in the old coot's face."

She was beginning to have a suspicion of what this thing might be, but she wasn't going to say a word till she was a hundred percent sure. Instead, she looked at the boy beside him. He was young, with blood red eyes that should have unnerved her but didn't. "Hey kid, you got a car? I've been taking cabs everywhere, but I'm sort of in a hurry. I could pay you."

In the process of the next couple of months the girls discover several things about themselves.

The process of opening the new shop was actually hard work and Cynthia proved to be invaluable.

Knowing the local rules about these things she is able to help Alex work more efficiently. Knowing the

neighborhoods and knowing more than Alex about how to get the proper bureaucratic paperwork done.

Cynthia learned that Alex knows business, how to exhibit her goods, security systems, is an excellent

appraiser of antiquities.

For the first month, Alex stayed in Cynthia's apartment, moving in with only the clothes in her hotel

room. It is crowded, but the two are in something of a love bubble. Alex starts to look for a house,

Relatively large with room to train and put in a large vault/ safe. She would certainly travel to look at

these places with Cynthia. Lastly she buys a new car, a Bentley and pays for Cynthia to get a defensive

driving course.

Personality wise, during the day, Alex is all business. Starting at roughly 730 am, going till 1030, then

physical training for a hour, then lunch then business for three more hours. Once at home she relaxes,

dressing in something comfy that she'll let Cynthia choose for her. Often whatever she is wearing

wouldn't be suited for company. At home, she'll relinquish control of most things to Cynthia as it seems

to help her relax.

Finally she looked into it's eyes, her caramel eyes against it's glass. "I'd take her fate onto my own, then I'd deal with consequences as they came. Spit in the old coot's face."

She was beginning to have a suspicion of what this thing might be, but she wasn't going to say a word till she was a hundred percent sure. Instead, she looked at the boy beside him. He was young, with blood red eyes that should have unnerved her but didn't. "Hey kid, you got a car? I've been taking cabs everywhere, but I'm sort of in a hurry. I could pay you."
It had been several months now since the beginning of his time in London. He dressed like a lay priest, his uniform neat and accumulated. His posture was straighter, he had replaced the old puffy winter coat with a new one. A black duster that seemed to fit him and his hat a lot better then before. The awkward puppy-dog grace had been replaced with the gait of a wolf, the feeling of comfort in ones skin.

But the eyes were yet innocent and the fire all the stronger as Acolyte Lucifer placed down his drink and turned in his seat to look at her as he smiled.

"I'll drive."

-----------

Everything had settled down into a more or less equilibrium state. The Winter and Summer Courts had settled back into relative non-hostilities, though the thick fog would linger for weeks as a reminder. There was a new Acolyte among the Burial Agency, a Scion of all things which made his tail twitch in curiosity. A new antiquities shop was out and near Diagon Alley, Tom the Innkeeper still threw out fish bones on a Wednesday.

Good, he needed the calcium and chewing thoughtfully from his position, the black cat yawned and stretched out.

So far, things seemed to be nice and quiet.

Gods know, how long that would last.

@Michale CS @Gands @Thuro 116 Pendragon

Lust...

I am laughing a bit now.

You are a bit like the white court people then ? As far as the shop, yes, we need to find a proper place for it. Much to be done there and we'll be busy working out the details. Perhaps first we can do some shopping... clothes for both of us.
"Yeah, pretty much, but the opposite emotion doesn't send me cringing like it would them." I reply then continue. "Hey, I'm all for shopping, especially when I don't have to do all of the spending."

I look at her with my head tilted a serious expression on my face.

Cynthia, I wont lie to you. There is a spark for me, I don't believe you've worked anything on me. Are you certain you want me here ?
"Yeah, you're cool. And I totally had my mojo pretty much off in that bar, because poor Lucifer would have been all over me - us - if I had it on. We just met, but we've got a simpatico and we'll understand each other. Just... be patient with me. I have this whole casual top layer that makes it sound like I don't give a fuck about anything or anyone, but... I do. Let's give it a few months and see if we can spark something up. Fair enough?"

And apparently, it was. Cause here I am, working retail, and not even dipping into the till. My dad must really hate this.

Awesome.

@Gands

Do you think it's safe to visit that kid sometime Cynthia ? Do you remember the name of the place... St. Giles or something wasn't it.

I am sitting in our old apartment as we are packing to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.