The Moon Exo-Knight Academy! (MEKA) (OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven.

Gael, Lynette, Risa, Juniper, Cyrus on the approved,

Eberhardt potentially, My unnamed on maybe's.

I haven't read through the whole Chat yet, so that's not counting for any who expressed an interest but haven't made anything.
I think Eberhardt will make it. what was up with your pilots picture again?

I think Eberhardt will make it. what was up with your pilots picture again?

Everything in it is up to snuff with what is here, pilot bodysuit, looks of the same cut as most of the rest, she just has elf like ears. I could put that down as a physical defect, or something to do with her family being on mars for generations etc. But I want to wait for the GM's thoughts/opinions before I just roll it out and put one of us in an awkward situation. I could post her here I think, or via PM :/

Everything in it is up to snuff with what is here, pilot bodysuit, looks of the same cut as most of the rest, she just has elf like ears. I could put that down as a physical defect, or something to do with her family being on mars for generations etc. But I want to wait for the GM's thoughts/opinions before I just roll it out and put one of us in an awkward situation. I could post her here I think, or via PM :/
if your character came from wealthy family than maybe it was a cosmetic, like plastic surgery.

Possible, or even a biological choice, depending on the level of technology in that field, it could have practical applications from a point of view. I have other pilot images of that pilot too in any case of the reason.

Possible, or even a biological choice, depending on the level of technology in that field, it could have practical applications from a point of view. I have other pilot images of that pilot too in any case of the reason.
So which Exo were you looking at?

The custom appearance I plan to use could match with three of the designs, I'll wait to hear back from OP on that however.

Y'all talk too much XD

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Wizzy The Wizard
Tech is my fall back type of rp, I always liked dark fantasy the most really but I cant find any so

I'm excited too

*sigh* guess I am being a bit chattering today. I'll try to tone it down, but I'm super excited to be a mech pilot!!. :D

Whoa, lotsa stuff happened while I was gone. I was out the whole day, watched the new spiderman movie, it was fun!

At any rate, I suppose it's time I answered a couple of things that you guys had some questions about.

When it comes to ammo count, unless otherwise specified, (Like TITAN's missile pods) ammo is infinite. It'd just be unfair if you ran out of ammo in the middle of a battle, and your opponent could just wail on you, or it turned into a fist fight, you know? As for ammo types, the only differences you may have noticed is that on the MERCURY frame has chaff/disruption grenades on it's launcher, and JACK has explosive grenades.

All Mecha are the same standard size, around 30 meters, but with nothing to compare it to, (as most battles take place in space) that information seemed sort of useless to share. ALSO. I read something about Mechas grappling each other. I hadn't considered that an option from the start, however, if that were to be done, I would say you would roll under 'control' to grapple.

All frames have 3-d movement capabilities in space, so yes, they have a sort of flight. WING is special in that it uses it's wings for shielding and propulsion.

Later, you will be able to purchase armaments and mecha parts with "WP" earned from battles, among other things, and may use these parts to customize your frames. At first only weapons will be interchangeable under a SOLDIER license. Later, the whole Mecha frame can be overhauled and renamed with a KNIGHT license. These licenses will become available at a certain point in the rp, and players would undergo tests to gain them.

I am thinking that PVP action will be a heavy part of the rp, with 10 sided dice rolls used for stats, and the d6 used mainly for damage calculations.

Later, things will likely get more complex, with limitations on what you can equip due to "weight", stat requirements, or stat limitations. For now I am keeping things simple to see how the rp is balanced.

I am thinking that I may have to tweak 'speed' before I officially roll out the rp, being that players with speed double an opponents could move twice as much, and speed is the stat used to dodge ranged attacks, making the speed stat sort of unbalanced.

@Wizzy The Wizard , I saw your image and I'll update the roster.

@RedArmyShogun , I saw your PM, and I have your answers.

1. As long as the person applying for the academy has NO mecha experience, they're allowed to be made. My character was a pilot of a race machine before. And, Injured individuals are allowed to apply as well.

2. The ears could be as simple as an appearance modification. In this day and age, naturally growing highlighter yellow or pink hair wouldn't be far fetched, and molding your ears differently is an option.

3. Currently, I'm not accepting any suggestions for mechs, I think I have some basic and pretty clear cut "archetypes" laid out to start with, and you can definitely customize them later. For now I don't want things to get too crazy, because I don't want the dice system to fall apart on us and make the stats hard to work with, or not fun. I may even have to change stats on certain frames and/or the whole inner workings of some stats in the name of balance for now. So I don't think that doing that is such a good idea when the rp is in such a fragile, untested state. I said it before, I don't want to seem like I have a stick up my ass, but if I have to limit one person, I have to limit everybody.

Whoa, lotsa stuff happened while I was gone. I was out the whole day, watched the new spiderman movie, it was fun!

At any rate, I suppose it's time I answered a couple of things that you guys had some questions about.

When it comes to ammo count, unless otherwise specified, (Like TITAN's missile pods) ammo is infinite. It'd just be unfair if you ran out of ammo in the middle of a battle, and your opponent could just wail on you, or it turned into a fist fight, you know? As for ammo types, the only differences you may have noticed is that on the MERCURY frame has chaff/disruption grenades on it's launcher, and JACK has explosive grenades.

All Mecha are the same standard size, around 30 meters, but with nothing to compare it to, (as most battles take place in space) that information seemed sort of useless to share. ALSO. I read something about Mechas grappling each other. I hadn't considered that an option from the start, however, if that were to be done, I would say you would roll under 'control' to grapple.

All frames have 3-d movement capabilities in space, so yes, they have a sort of flight. WING is special in that it uses it's wings for shielding and propulsion.

Later, you will be able to purchase armaments and mecha parts with "WP" earned from battles, among other things, and may use these parts to customize your frames. At first only weapons will be interchangeable under a SOLDIER license. Later, the whole Mecha frame can be overhauled and renamed with a KNIGHT license. These licenses will become available at a certain point in the rp, and players would undergo tests to gain them.

I am thinking that PVP action will be a heavy part of the rp, with 10 sided dice rolls used for stats, and the d6 used mainly for damage calculations.

Later, things will likely get more complex, with limitations on what you can equip due to "weight", stat requirements, or stat limitations. For now I am keeping things simple to see how the rp is balanced.

I am thinking that I may have to tweak 'speed' before I officially roll out the rp, being that players with speed double an opponents could move twice as much, and speed is the stat used to dodge ranged attacks, making the speed stat sort of unbalanced.
would the D10 roll be inverted?
Ex. to hit an enemy mech I would need to roll my sensor level or below so in this case (6) or lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.