The Mirror World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be on and off tonight ^^' Finals are not fun..... But I have a basic idea of the models I'll use (the models to animate, but they will be changed based on the character submitted), an idea for the mirror world background, etc. I'll try getting everything finished this week, but you guys are definitely welcome to help. Also, just let me know if you want to voice your character(s)! I need some voice actors lol I never get any...

Voice actors are hard to get, that's true, and I would volunteer if: A - I had a mic, B - my character wasn't male.

Voice actors are hard to get, that's true, and I would volunteer if: A - I had a mic, B - my character wasn't male.
I understand ^^ The offer is still there for anyone to take up. I only have 9 subs (made a new YT account to start fresh), so not many people would see my role call. Thus I'm trying here and a few other places for voice actors ^^'

You're doing an animation? I'd love to voice mine, but I've never done it before.

How would I do that? Is there a site or something where I can record myself?

There are several programs you could install. I dont know the names, though. You'd need a microphone too.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
How would I do that? Is there a site or something where I can record myself?
Personally, I use Audacity to record. It's free and a really good program to use where you can change pitch and such. I have mine set a certain way, but I'm not really sure how it's set because a friend of mine walked me through the steps awhile back ^^' You do have to download a few different things, though. The actual application then the ability to export, etc. But it is a good program and records well, even without the extra settings. The main thing would have to be downloading the extra files (which you can through the program) so you can export your audio as an MP3 file.

I will definitely try to get this started up after finals. A few more things just need to be smoothed out first. But on the 9th to who knows how long, I may not be on consistently. My councilor never canceled sign language like I asked, so I have summer school. Though it's one class, it depends on how long that one class will be to decide how much free time I'll have this summer. Sorry about this.... This RP will certainly start. And I'll be active before the 9th. At the 9th and on, I will still be on late at night, but I'm not sure if I'll be on earlier. Again, sorry about this.... I just found out.

• Thank You
Once a day is quite fast in terms of RP standards so I don't think it'll be much of an issue.

• Thank You
Don't worry about the summer class. As long as you're reasonably active it'll be just fine.

Anyways, I can't really help with voice acting, but I can help with any worldbuilding or whatnot you need done. Just ask me here or in PM if you need anything. :)

Don't worry about the summer class. As long as you're reasonably active it'll be just fine.

Anyways, I can't really help with voice acting, but I can help with any worldbuilding or whatnot you need done. Just ask me here or in PM if you need anything. :)
Can you make maps? I'm not too good with those ^^'

Can you make maps? I'm not too good with those ^^'
Not too good with those sadly. Art was never my strong suit alas.

Though this reminds me, is the world this takes place on Earth, or something else entirely?

Not too good with those sadly. Art was never my strong suit alas.

Though this reminds me, is the world this takes place on Earth, or something else entirely?
I figured out that the school would be on an island that isn't marked on a map (but is inhabited) so I have freedom of design. I can make the map, it'll just look like a Pokemon map since I can actually make those XD I still need ideas for towns and cities, though. As well as various landmarks or tourist areas. But that's really it. As for the mirror world, I'm stuck on two designs. One is like a floating island sort of thing, where everything is broken up and floating in the air. The other is more of a metallic design with warped areas and walls, that all have a reflective surface (everything, plants, walls, floor, etc.). Can't choose between the two but I'm not sure how to combine them for compromise.

Not too many ^^ probably like three each. I just need names and descriptions. I wasn't able to come up with those.

That metallic one sounds very interesting. If you're looking to combine them then how about a metallic world where a lot of the surface has been fractured and so there are many floating islands? Also, I think a 8 bit Pokémon v map would have it's own kind of charm so I don't think that'll be a bad idea.

That metallic one sounds very interesting. If you're looking to combine them then how about a metallic world where a lot of the surface has been fractured and so there are many floating islands? Also, I think a 8 bit Pokémon v map would have it's own kind of charm so I don't think that'll be a bad idea.
Dunno about 8-bit, but I have a Pokémon tile kit ^^' Like the various colors, tiles for cities, etc. I thought about combining them like that, but my problem lies in both simplicity and two different styles ^^' Like the metallic one would be a smoother design but a little more detailed. The floating island is a bit rougher but simpler to draw, ya know?

The pokemon tile kit is classed as 8 bit if it's the tile kit of anything before gen 6 I think :D

The pokemon tile kit is classed as 8 bit if it's the tile kit of anything before gen 6 I think :D
Not quite sure ^^' I got it from a YouTube video lol But I usually either make random shapes or take existing islands and move them around. I'm quite proud of my latest XD It's a mix up of Hawaii islands with Pokémon routes.

Found it ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: a touch of dread
Status
Not open for further replies.