The Mirror World

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, do you still need some background information written up, or have you already done so? I meant to have some stuff up by Sunday but I got distracted. Quick question though, will the elite team just be working on the island? I think that would make things a little easier.

Excited for this to come up.

Hey, do you still need some background information written up, or have you already done so? I meant to have some stuff up by Sunday but I got distracted. Quick question though, will the elite team just be working on the island? I think that would make things a little easier.

Excited for this to come up.

Yep the elite team will only work on the island ^^ Maybe there might be special occasions where they visit a real town outside the island or something, but for that I'm not sure. And yep I still need some background information ^^ Any help is well needed because it'll speed up the process.

Did I miss something? Island?

Did I miss something? Island?
I mentioned that the RP in our world would take place on an island that is inhabited but too small or unknown to be on a map so we have freedom of world design. Especially for me, as I tend to build the world around my character instead of researching and implicating accurate city, town country, etc. Information.

Oh I see :D It's been a while. I ought to re-read it all before we start actually.

Reactions: AnastiaCrest01
Oh I see :D It's been a while. I ought to re-read it all before we start actually.
I'll be making a group so everything is organized ^^ I'd also have to re-read everything but I'll be making threads with all the information, especially the models, vids, voice acting requests, etc. I find groups are actually more useful for me because, while I can make a website, it's much too time consuming and it would take longer to set up the group. Whereas if I make a group RP on here, everyone is in one place, and all of the different parts are in that one place from the map to the actual RP. I may have a lot of threads, but it's actually easier than repeatedly looking through pages upon pages to find certain things ^^ Being slightly OCD, it's a good deal lol

I sort of support the idea of wood being integrated as an element. Chinese elements are all about a cycle and interaction between elements, humans also count within the equation so not only for sustaining life but also for sustaining humanity wood or plant life is an important fact. I used to play this game on my psp called Key of heaven, Seryuu cardinal dragon of the east was represented by the element of wood and so did the protagonist. Although Seiryu is most often represented by wind.

That aside, I have a mic if you need voice acting but the microphone has been taking a really weak sound input lately.

I sort of support the idea of wood being integrated as an element. Chinese elements are all about a cycle and interaction between elements, humans also count within the equation so not only for sustaining life but also for sustaining humanity wood or plant life is an important fact. I used to play this game on my psp called Key of heaven, Seryuu cardinal dragon of the east was represented by the element of wood and so did the protagonist. Although Seiryu is most often represented by wind.

That aside, I have a mic if you need voice acting but the microphone has been taking a really weak sound input lately.
Didn't know that ^^ I just knew what their elements were, how they were used, and what personalities and animals of the Chinese Zodiac represented those elements. But that's it. Also, I do need voice actors, so far all I have is myself and my boyfriend (since I will be doing voice acting and art design for the game he's making, so he'll voice act for me in return ^^). As for a quiet mic, you can buy some cheap but really good mics ^^ One of the best headsets I had was only 20 dollars at Kmart. And the best mic I ever had, besides the one that was supplied by my school, was around 30 dollars at Wal-Mart. The cheapest one I have at the moment (as my school headset started to give out on one side) is 8 dollars at Family Dollar. It's a foldable Emersion headset, and the sound is great. The mic is also pretty good, you just have to be careful not to talk too loudly or it will blow the mic out (not like make it stop working, just make your voice hard to understand, basically it creates bad quality). But it catches your voice pretty well, so you don't really need to talk loudly for it to pick you up anyway. The only other problem with this headset is that the mic is on the wire, so it will pick up sounds like if you shift or what not, as well as background noises.

Reactions: Kingofheart
I´ll see what I can do, although it will probably be more expensive here.

Oh I forgot to mention that each element is made up of three parts: Offensive, Defensive, and Transversal. Offensive are attacks (They are all kinda obvious ^^'), Defensive are moves that heal or defend, and Transversal is only available in the Mirror World as it allows you to move from one section to another since the Mirror World is made up of floating islands ^^

Also, the threads I have so far (writing them down first so I can just go and create them practically at once) would be:

<In no particular order>

-CS
-OOC
-IC
-General Plot
-Models & Backgrounds
-Histories (like of the school, Voids, teams, etc)
-Rules
-Animal & Character List
-Maps
-Voice Acting Requests
-Videos
-Elements
-Voice Actors

Do I need anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: a touch of dread
Also, the threads I have so far (writing them down first so I can just go and create them practically at once) would be:

<In no particular order>

-CS
-OOC
-IC
-General Plot
-Models & Backgrounds
-Histories (like of the school, Voids, teams, etc)
-Rules
-Animal & Character List
-Maps
-Voice Acting Requests
-Videos
-Elements
-Voice Actors

Do I need anything else?

I think it will do just fine.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Er... That wasn't clear.... I meant to say, I wasn't sure if I had everything. I wanted a second opinion. When I wrote that, my cat was on me. Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a jerk....

Reactions: Kingofheart
So, the three kinds of magic - what exactly does each consist of? Can offense spells only be used for offense and defense spells only used for defense? Cos i was planning on having my character use their defensive abilities as attacks.

Well, I´m sure defensive abilities could be used offensively, just like the saying goes "Sometimes the best offense is a good defense". I´m sure the same condition would apply to offensive abilities in certain scenarios.

I think Transversals could potentially be used to enhance mobility during the battle too.

I'm pretty sure the saying is actually "A strong offense is the best defense" cos I mean, sure, you might not take damage but just defending doesn't deal any damage in return so it just becomes a game of who has the most stamina.

I'm pretty sure the saying is actually "A strong offense is the best defense" cos I mean, sure, you might not take damage but just defending doesn't deal any damage in return so it just becomes a game of who has the most stamina.
It depends on what you use ^^ I'm going to use this as an example since it was the first thing in my head, but in Naruto, Neji uses his rotation, a defense move, to protect himself and cause damage. The rotation deals double the damage than what it was hit with while protecting the person inside. It's basically what Kingofheart said ^^

Nah I was meaning in logical situations that don't involve magic -_-. The saying would have arisen in battle situations and means that the best way to prevent losses on your side is to use your incredible offensive ability to wipe out the enemy before they can touch you. A good defense, the best of which is probably a castle, can easily be beaten by putting it under siege, in which event the castle has no way of defeating the people sieging it - it has no offense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.