The Mirror World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah nice. You should crack open a ruby file and make your own region. If you figure out how to do it that is. I tried once. Couldn't get past altering the starters.

Hah nice. You should crack open a ruby file and make your own region. If you figure out how to do it that is. I tried once. Couldn't get past altering the starters.
I wish ^^' Not too good at coding. I want to learn, but it kinda confuses me. Nah, I made this for a Pokémon RP that fell through.

I like the amount of planning / thought / discussion / Q&A that's gone on~ I'm quite curious to follow this, and perhaps even be part with the Rival group? All tentative, but wanted to express my interest regardless ~(owo)~

I like the amount of planning / thought / discussion / Q&A that's gone on~ I'm quite curious to follow this, and perhaps even be part with the Rival group? All tentative, but wanted to express my interest regardless ~(owo)~
Welcome aboard ^^

• Love
Reactions: a touch of dread
Now you can be a part of the planning ^^ It's good to hear everyone's input and thoughts.

Oh! Oh, why yes, yes I could owo)~

Hmm... Would the Rival group have special powers? Would they have spirit animals? Or would they instead be linked to the Void? I'm curious~

Oh! Oh, why yes, yes I could owo)~

Hmm... Would the Rival group have special powers? Would they have spirit animals? Or would they instead be linked to the Void? I'm curious~
All students attending are linked to the Mirror World, and thus an animal ^^ The elements, once finalized, will stay the same but the animals can change. Each group is sent to a different area of our world, corresponding with a location in the mirror world, basically. So to answer your question, yes the rival group has abilities too ^^

Considering how the main group is the elite of the elite or something, then the rival group probably wouldn't be as powerful I imagine?

Considering how the main group is the elite of the elite or something, then the rival group probably wouldn't be as powerful I imagine?
The Rival group might be the second best team, just for competition purposes. Wouldn't be fun if there was no one close to the main's level, since no one would challenge our group.

Well considering theres probably a reason for the top team to have a specific ammount of candidates is possible that some of the rival team members were or are potential candidates who don´t make it into the original formation because of a slim difference in performance with the weakest link or perhaps because of personal issues, Lack of cooperative team work, etc..

Oh that could be interesting.

Well considering theres probably a reason for the top team to have a specific ammount of candidates is possible that some of the rival team members were or are potential candidates who don´t make it into the original formation because of a slim difference in performance with the weakest link or perhaps because of personal issues, Lack of cooperative team work, etc..
I'll leave that up to the rival team members to decide ^^

I'm starting to piece together everything ^^ The new Element added will be Wood. The old remains. The Mirror World will be the floating island concept. I also drew out my characters, which will be used as a general model reference for the animation once they are drawn on the computer. I've got some small things figured out. All I really need now is to create the world on paper. Oh, and one more thing, when submitting images of your characters, don't worry too much about clothing. I'm making school uniforms to be able to animate better. There will be casual clothes, but not very often ^^' I also need a name for the rival team, and still need voice actors lol. Also, I updated my animation program to the newest version, which makes things easier and allows me to put in audio. I will be making the group fairly soon ^^ I want to get this as well thought out and planned as possible, since I've had so many RPs fail before I could prepare properly. And I really want this to get going so I can make my animations and start building my portfolio ^^' I only have a year left before I plan to get into college, so I need something lol Oh, and to help me organize everything better, there will be several "arcs" or more of episodes. It will begin with my post saying "Episode 1: ...." then when I feel it's at a good point to progress without too much work, I'll make another post with "Episode 2:..." and so on. What are you guys thinking so far?

Sounds good. Only issue I have is: Why "wood"? As far as I understand, the elements exist as things that are required to sustain life in the spirit world. Wood, however, is a part of a tree, which is classified as "life". Also, to be honest, "wood" is kinda a crappy name for an element. "I control the power of fire!" "Well I can bend the very earth to my will!" "I can do like... planty shit." I don't think you should add elements just for the sake of adding elements, basically.

Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, Wind, and Earth

Assuming ice as an element is the absence of heat, I can see why all these might make sense. The only remaining element I can think might be necessary to sustain life is "Light", since without light, no plant would be able to grow.

Sounds good. Only issue I have is: Why "wood"? As far as I understand, the elements exist as things that are required to sustain life in the spirit world. Wood, however, is a part of a tree, which is classified as "life". Also, to be honest, "wood" is kinda a crappy name for an element. "I control the power of fire!" "Well I can bend the very earth to my will!" "I can do like... planty shit." I don't think you should add elements just for the sake of adding elements, basically.

Fire, Water, Ice, Lightning, Wind, and Earth

Assuming ice as an element is the absence of heat, I can see why all these might make sense. The only remaining element I can think might be necessary to sustain life is "Light", since without light, no plant would be able to grow.
Which is where fire comes in. Fire is a source of light and heat. And wood really does make sense. I did a lot of research before deciding. There are the Western elements (Fire, Earth, Water, Air, and Lightning) and those are easy to see why they exist. While doing my research, trying to find a new element so my own character could be implicated, I looked towards other cultures. In Chinese cultures, the main elements are Wood, Metal, Fire, Water, and Earth (or as they called it, Soil). There were also elements like Light, Dark, Void, Space, Soul, Animal, Heart, etc. Going through them, I narrowed it down to Metal or Wood. Then I compared the two. From what I found, metal is more offensive, as well as a stronger version of Earth but being "sterile" meaning it can't do anything towards life, such as healing. The fact that I had trouble finding a use and that it was basically Earth, I ruled out Metal. Wood can be used offensively and defensively. It could also be used as a healing element, and one that creates life such as plants. While associated with Earth in Western culture, Wood is actually associated with Air in Asian cultures. This means that Wood is not Earth, and it bears enough differences from Air to not be the element of Air. And the argument of "if Earth is capable of life, and Wood is capable of life, what's the point" is kinda invalid because Earth bears life, Wood is life. Wood cannot take away life, and I will limit it so it can only create plant life not human or spirit animal life. Wood is also associated with leaders, as well as Yang or masculinity, and the character I made for the main group is male and the leader. The character I made for the rival group will possibly be the leader, but will hold the element of ice in that group. As for Wood being silly, it does kinda sound lame when placed into context like that, but it's a better word than plant or vegetation. "I have the power of Plant!" Or "I'm so awesome, I have Vegetation powers!" Those, in my opinion, sound even lamer.

• Useful
Oh, also, Wood can poison just as much as heal. But again, I want to limit it so it's not over powered ^^' Elements will have boundaries so not one is more powerful than the other, and that they can't be used all the time to avoid abuse. Oh and what I forgot to mention is that the creation of plant life in the Spirit World is the creation of a food source. And those other elements (Dark, Void, Light, Heart, etc.) Weren't in Chinese ^^' Just meant to say they were other elements I found.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it makes sense from a combat point of view, but you said you wanted every element to be necessary for the survival of the spirit world's life forms, but since wood is essentially all plants, it doesn't make sense. It's like saying that in order for life to exist, life needs to exist. It's a redundant statement. Also, the light generated by fire isn't enough for efficient photosynthesis, so fire light isn't really the kind of light necessary.

I know it makes sense from a combat point of view, but you said you wanted every element to be necessary for the survival of the spirit world's life forms, but since wood is essentially all plants, it doesn't make sense. It's like saying that in order for life to exist, life needs to exist. It's a redundant statement. Also, the light generated by fire isn't enough for efficient photosynthesis, so fire light isn't really the kind of light necessary.
In our world, maybe. But the mirror world is another world and another dimension. There, fire works. And, I also thought of making a sun which supplies the particles that cause photosynthesis but no or very little heat. Either scenario works. For the redundancy thing, it's rather true. While yes other things help create that life, the life itself (a plant of some sort) is necessary especially in a world of animals. The plants feeds the herbivores, thus making it necessary to live. As for carnivores, maybe they are mostly herbivores too because of the whole "each animal is connected to a human" thing and an animal eating another in the mirror world suggest the person whose linked to that animal killed someone in our world. While possible, a carnivore 's diet would suggest a serial killer. So yeah, plants are essential for the animals to live. Without them, they don't have a food source, one of the basic necessities of life. That means Wood works. I really did put a lot of thought into which element I'll add, or if I was going to change one. I spent a good hour researching, and my computer had crashed partially through, too. I didn't add any of the elements just randomly. A lot of time and thorough research went into choosing the final elements. Yes the other Elements help create plants, however, what if there was a drought or something and their food was too low. Wood would come in handy because they can grow some food rather quickly, with the help from a Water Elemental. Their healing properties also help, not just the creation of food. Wood is basically a doctor, to an extent. Without someone who works with medicine of a sort (in this case herbs) and has a general knowledge of various illnesses or injuries, the animals could die from a simple fever, which does happen in our own world if bad enough and not treated.

Well in the end it's your RP. I think the sun thing would work. That is, if photosynthesis wasn't powered by visible light, not "particles". Photosynthesis uses certain wavelengths of light, the blue and purple ones, which is why plants are green - they absorb all the non-green light. The sun would work provided it didn't produce infrared radiation and provided only things towards the ultraviolet end of the spectrum. Which would be interesting, because it would result in the sun being pale blue.

Well in the end it's your RP. I think the sun thing would work. That is, if photosynthesis wasn't powered by visible light, not "particles". Photosynthesis uses certain wavelengths of light, the blue and purple ones, which is why plants are green - they absorb all the non-green light. The sun would work provided it didn't produce infrared radiation and provided only things towards the ultraviolet end of the spectrum. Which would be interesting, because it would result in the sun being pale blue.
I know about the wave lengths and such ^^ That was one of my last lessons in sciemce. I said particles partially because I was tired, and partially because towards photosynthesis the light acts as a particle, as Sun light can act as a wave or particle. The one thing I didn't know was the blue part ^^ That's rather interesting. A "cold" blue star, I like it, it's unique since a blue star is one of the hottest stars out there. (Blue then white, but a lot of book and scholars and such combine the blue and white stars)

Status
Not open for further replies.