Status
Not open for further replies.
Welkin finally held up a Flare Gun. "Yes, we are Infiltrators, and if you don't release her and leave, I will fire this Flare gun and attract more!" Isara backed away, and started doing something with her hands. She hummed something, but you couldn't quite tell the tune.
"Stupid is as stupid does!"

Hey, nice line. They should use that in a moving picture one of these days.

"Now, you see, I don't even know that person. Why should I care what happens to her, huh?" Joseph asked, beginning to play a deadly game, but seeming to keep his cool either way, "Paaathetic! Why dontcha fight me like a man instead of hidin' behind someone I don't even care for? Then again, I bet you're hardly a man with that girly pretty boy get up! How about a duel, eh? You can use your guns and I can use tequila bottles, and we can see who's quicker on the draw! I once beat a guy up with just a pigeon, so I wouldn't doubt me if I were you! I don't even doubt myself, and I'm me! And if you still believe you can just go ahead and talk like you're better than me... Well, stupid people believe anything, so you just go on ahead and keep believing in yourself!" He exclaimed, not seeming to stop with the taunts and the... aimless rambling.

Confusion and trickery were dangerous when used correctly. The problem was... the result was always unpredictable. As unpredictable as Joseph himself, even.

Could this man be one of nature's many mysteries?

@Hospes @The Silver Paladin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

The group seemed to be getting extremely annoying for the blonde boy. So, with obvious aggravation, he motioned the other boy to let go of the girl, seemingly going to let her go...

...Before he promptly, in swift motions too fast for the human eye to comprehend, slashed fairly deeply into both of the girl's legs.. And, probably just for the hell of it, he also quickly carved an 'L' onto her lower torso, before SHOVING he'd to the ground. "Fine. You wanna fight? We can fight," he replied to Jojo, twirling his knife in his hand. But, he gave a brief glance to the girl on the ground, gaze hard. "But don't think I'm done with you yet."

After this, the blonde rolled his neck, cracking his knuckles in addition with a deep frown. "Will you shut up already? I don't like your dumb blabbering," he remarked, taking an extremely fast swing at Jojo with quite a bit of power behind it. Looked like Joseph had struck a nerve.

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

The group seemed to be getting extremely annoying for the blonde boy. So, with obvious aggravation, he motioned the other boy to let go of the girl, seemingly going to let her go...

...Before he promptly, in swift motions too fast for the human eye to comprehend, slashed fairly deeply into both of the girl's legs.. And, probably just for the hell of it, he also quickly carved an 'L' onto her lower torso, before SHOVING he'd to the ground. "Fine. You wanna fight? We can fight," he replied to Jojo, twirling his knife in his hand. But, he gave a brief glance to the girl on the ground, gaze hard. "But don't think I'm done with you yet."

After this, the blonde rolled his neck, cracking his knuckles in addition with a deep frown. "Will you shut up already? I don't like your dumb blabbering," he remarked, taking an extremely fast swing at Jojo with quite a bit of power behind it. Looked like Joseph had struck a nerve.

Isara stood up, dropping what was in her hand. She quickly ran over to the girl. She pulled some Ragnaid out. "You're gonna be ok." Isara said. "You'll be ok." She said applying the Ragnaid into the wound.

Alicia cocked her rifle, and aimed it at the other boy.

ss-003.jpg

Welkin just sighed, and let everyone else fight. He walked over with some more Ragnaid to help Isara.

((Note: Ragnaid is a heal-all that every soldier in Valkyria Chronicles has.))

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

TwCTiV6.png

"Whoa, whoa! Hey there, asshole! That was uncalled for!"

... Well, given all the taunts Joseph threw, maybe not so, but that seemed a little extreme!

Eh. At least she didn't die. If nothing else, Joseph could just make this the new record of attempted hostage situation gone a little wrong but not too much, previously beating that time he accidentally knocked a few teeth out of the hostage in order to get to the other guy. Whatever, he could worry about the girl here later though.

Still, either way, it seemed like a fairly abrupt mood change, but bah. He was always a jerk with a heart of gold.

90f.gif

Joseph easily tore off large parts of his clothes and idly tossed them towards Isara for her to use as makeshift bandages just in case she'd need them. Afterwards, in response to the young man, Joseph would also crack his own knuckles. Looked like playtime was over.

When the blonde guy would throw a hit, JoJo would attempt to evade by dashing back, adding some distance between the two of them. However, the distance mattered little, as he would then attempt to counter with a mighty Zoom Punch to the face!

Now, what's a Zoom Punch, you might ask? It's quite simple, yet clever.

After throwing a punch and using the power of his Hamon power at the right moment, Joseph can dislocate part of his arm at the precise point, stretching the joint and extending his arm to give extra reach to an otherwise already strong attack, the Hamon power also dulling the pain of dislocating a joint, before promptly relocating it and placing it back in.

Basically, in short, think of a stretchy punch from Mister Fantastic.

Who knows? Maybe Joseph used the Zoom Punch in front of a teenage Stan Lee and the guy thought "I'll make a hero all about him!" This is my new headcanon.

Isara stood up, dropping what was in her hand. She quickly ran over to the girl. She pulled some Ragnaid out. "You're gonna be ok." Isara said. "You'll be ok." She said applying the Ragnaid into the wound.

Alicia cocked her rifle, and aimed it at the other boy.

ss-003.jpg

Welkin just sighed, and let everyone else fight. He walked over with some more Ragnaid to help Isara.

((Note: Ragnaid is a heal-all that every soldier in Valkyria Chronicles has.))

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
TwCTiV6.png

"Whoa, whoa! Hey there, asshole! That was uncalled for!"

... Well, given all the taunts Joseph threw, maybe not so, but that seemed a little extreme!

Eh. At least she didn't die. If nothing else, Joseph could just make this the new record of attempted hostage situation gone a little wrong but not too much, previously beating that time he accidentally knocked a few teeth out of the hostage in order to get to the other guy. Whatever, he could worry about the girl here later though.

Still, either way, it seemed like a fairly abrupt mood change, but bah. He was always a jerk with a heart of gold.

90f.gif

Joseph easily tore off large parts of his clothes and idly tossed them towards Isara for her to use as makeshift bandages just in case she'd need them. Afterwards, in response to the young man, Joseph would also crack his own knuckles. Looked like playtime was over.

When the blonde guy would throw a hit, JoJo would attempt to evade by dashing back, adding some distance between the two of them. However, the distance mattered little, as he would then attempt to counter with a mighty Zoom Punch to the face!

Now, what's a Zoom Punch, you might ask? It's quite simple, yet clever.

After throwing a punch and using the power of his Hamon power at the right moment, Joseph can dislocate part of his arm at the precise point, stretching the joint and extending his arm to give extra reach to an otherwise already strong attack, the Hamon power also dulling the pain of dislocating a joint, before promptly relocating it and placing it back in.

Basically, in short, think of a stretchy punch from Mister Fantastic.

Who knows? Maybe Joseph used the Zoom Punch in front of a teenage Stan Lee and the guy thought "I'll make a hero all about him!" This is my new headcanon.

latest

(CEPT SHE AIN'T SMILIN', YO)

The girl just laid on the ground in a daze, still trying to comprehend what had just happened. All she really knew was that, within a matter of seconds, she'd been overwhelmed by severe pain in her legs, rendered unable to stand and shoved to the ground. It seemed that she couldn't even manage to cry out or scream out of pain.. She could only just lay there, obviously in overwhelming pain.

She couldn't exactly object to the treatment, or even thank Isara and Welkin for it. But, very, very slowly, it looked like their treatment was working.

Meanwhile, the blonde boy growled in annoyance at Joseph's dodge, growing more and more aggravated. But, in a bout of speed, the boy managed to dodge Jojo's attempt as well. "Really? 'Not cool'? Dude, I think you're just jealous," the boy jabbed sarcastically, moving to tackle Joseph. "And jeez.. Keep your clothes on. Nobody wants to see that."

@Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Silver Paladin

latest

The girl just laid on the ground in a daze, still trying to comprehend what had just happened. All she really knew was that, within a matter of seconds, she'd been overwhelmed by severe pain in her legs, rendered unable to stand and shoved to the ground. It seemed that she couldn't even manage to cry out or scream out of pain.. She could only just lay there, obviously in overwhelming pain.

She couldn't exactly object to the treatment, or even thank Isara and Welkin for it. But, very, very slowly, it looked like their treatment was working.

Meanwhile, the blonde boy growled in annoyance at Joseph's dodge, growing more and more aggravated. But, in a bout of speed, the boy managed to dodge Jojo's attempt as well. "Really? 'Not cool'? Dude, I think you're just jealous," the boy jabbed sarcastically, moving to tackle Joseph. "And jeez.. Keep your clothes on. Nobody wants to see that."

Alicia hit the second boy in with the butt of her rifle. "You're not even suited for the Imperial Army!" She said hitting him. Something had really clicked in her since the Hostage Situation in the Pawn Shop. She aimed the rifle at him.

Isara smiled at the girl.

char_57538.jpg

"Everything will be ok. I can promise that." She said softly.

Noel raised her pistols once again as she heard a growling noise. "Who's there?" she asked, though it was unlikely the creature could even talk. Great, the friendly and debatably cute creature was (probably) about to be followed up by a (probably) hostile and (probably) ugly and creepy one. Ugh.

@york @Doctor Smartass @Hospes

Well, Noel was definitely right about that. Out of the woods burst... Some kind of weird, wolf/octopus hybrid!

964blog4.jpg

Ew... Why was it's heart like that?

Anyways, whatever that thing was, it didn't look happy like the wolf/octopus/spider pup.

Wait.. Did that mean that that thing had mated with a spider?! Gross!

Of course, said pup was watching this absently with a dumb smile, still wagging it's tail.

@Kaykay @york @Doctor Smartass

latest

Though he was slightly surprised by the impressive dodge his opponent gave, not used to anyone resembling a normal human being faster than he, Joseph managed to recover relatively quickly, before standing still for the boy to try to tackle, expecting him to not be able to go through with it. Standing at around 6'5 and weighing in at about roughly 215 lbs. of muscle made JoJo not the easiest person to down, but even so, he wasn't about to take his chances.

"Jealous of what?! How about you stop projecting your own jealousy of my figure comparing it to your scrawny lanky skeleton ass! Rebuff Overdrive!" Joseph exclaimed, charging Hamon into his elbow this time and attempting to slam it down into the boy at the right time.

MMVmLku.png

@Hospes

Well, Noel was definitely right about that. Out of the woods burst... Some kind of weird, wolf/octopus hybrid!

964blog4.jpg

Anyways, whatever that thing was, it didn't look happy like the wolf/octopus/spider pup.

Of course, said pup was watching this absently with a dumb smile, still wagging it's tail.

Why were so many of these creatures so disgusting and out to get her? She never asked for this.

Something that ugly had to want to die. Actually, it was kind of rude to just judge based on appearances, right? But it didn't look friendly. And if it followed suit with the other creatures, a certain puppy and, uh, new octo-spider-puppy aside, it was about to attack. Aww, geez, did she have to kill another innocent pup's parent? How would she like it if someone just went and shot her parents because they seemed threatening?

But, well, it was her or it. Probably. Waiting until it attacked could just get her killed.

"I'm sorry..."

With that, she fired a few shots at the creature, aiming for its heart and head. If she had to kill it, it should at least be as painless as possible.

@Hospes @york @Doctor Smartass

964blog4.jpg

Why were so many of these creatures so disgusting and out to get her? She never asked for this.

Something that ugly had to want to die. Actually, it was kind of rude to just judge based on appearances, right? But it didn't look friendly. And if it followed suit with the other creatures, a certain puppy and, uh, new octo-spider-puppy aside, it was about to attack. Aww, geez, did she have to kill another innocent pup's parent? How would she like it if someone just went and shot her parents because they seemed threatening?

But, well, it was her or it. Probably. Waiting until it attacked could just get her killed.

"I'm sorry..."

With that, she fired a few shots at the creature, aiming for its heart and head. If she had to kill it, it should at least be as painless as possible.

Marie Korbel
@Kaykay @Hospes @Doctor Smartass
m6VIKZw.png

"Just great... Well... Here we go again..." Marie said, she looked a little tired as she powered up again, the skull-heart flashing once more as she raised the front end of her vacuum, deciding to wait for an attack from the creature before she struck back this time.​

Alicia hit the second boy in with the butt of her rifle. "You're not even suited for the Imperial Army!" She said hitting him. Something had really clicked in her since the Hostage Situation in the Pawn Shop. She aimed the rifle at him.

Isara smiled at the girl.

char_57538.jpg

"Everything will be ok. I can promise that." She said softly.

The other boy frowned deeply when Alicia started yelling at him, and simply crossed his arms. "I didn't do anything, moron," he remarked, seemingly not bothered by the fact he'd been bumped with the rifle, or that it was now aimed at him. "I'm just following orders. You want to complain? Complain to the Capitol. They're the ones making us kill each other."

The girl on the ground, on the other hand, could only manage to give Isara the slightest trace of a smile in response.

@The Silver Paladin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite

Though he was slightly surprised by the impressive dodge his opponent gave, not used to anyone resembling a normal human being faster than he, Joseph managed to recover relatively quickly, before standing still for the boy to try to tackle, expecting him to not be able to go through with it. Standing at around 6'5 and weighing in at about roughly 215 lbs. of muscle made JoJo not the easiest person to down, but even so, he wasn't about to take his chances.

"Jealous of what?! How about you stop projecting your own jealousy of my figure comparing it to your scrawny lanky skeleton ass! Rebuff Overdrive!" Joseph exclaimed, charging Hamon into his elbow this time and attempting to slam it down into the boy at the right time.

MMVmLku.png

@Hospes

Joseph's response earned a bemused huff. "Tch. Why would I want to be a dull musclehead like you?" came the blonde's response. Apparently, he was either overestimating himself in believing he could take Jojo down in a tackle, or he was much stronger than he looked.

But there wasn't a chance to find out, because mid-tackle, Joseph elbowed him down forcefully.

The boy looked shocked, cringing with pain from the attack.. But he seemed to recover quickly, and he slowly pushed himself to his feet. A close look would reveal that his skin was a little yellowed. Could he be infected? "Oh ho ho.. You're dead for that," the boy exclaimed, launching a powerful right hook right at Jojo's face. This time, though, the boy seemed to have picked up speed again. What could he be, anyways??

"I'm sorry..."

Pyro put his hands to his mask in shock and then covered the eyes of the octo-puppy.

You monster. :|

@Kaykay @york @Hospes
Marie Korbel
@Kaykay @Hospes @Doctor Smartass
m6VIKZw.png

"Just great... Well... Here we go again..." Marie said, she looked a little tired as she powered up again, the skull-heart flashing once more as she raised the front end of her vacuum, deciding to wait for an attack from the creature before she struck back this time.​

Noel's shots launched right at the creature's skull and heart.. But the round fired at it's heart seemed to... Bounce off?? What was that all about? As for the shot to the head, the creature somehow manage to move just enough for the round to graze it's ear. Which was just enough to piss the odd mutant off. Within moments, one of it's tentacles shot out, wrapping tightly around Noel and giving her a squeeze.

The puppy seemed confused when its many eyes were covered, and it tilted its head.. Before licking Pyro's hand absently.

Marie didn't seem to be priority for an attack quite yet.

@york @Doctor Smartass @Kaykay @Staying group​

The other boy frowned deeply when Alicia started yelling at him, and simply crossed his arms. "I didn't do anything, moron," he remarked, seemingly not bothered by the fact he'd been bumped with the rifle, or that it was now aimed at him. "I'm just following orders. You want to complain? Complain to the Capitol. They're the ones making us kill each other."

The girl on the ground, on the other hand, could only manage to give Isara the slightest trace of a smile in response.

@The Silver Paladin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite

Alicia sighed. "Fine. I will, now go! Run. Leave now!" She said to the other boy. Alicia turned her rifle onto the other boy who was charging at JoJo. Alicia wouldn't let someone hurt someone else.

Isara grabbed the girl's hand, and tightly squeezed it. Welkin began applying cloth onto the wounds. "Is, I wish the medic was here." He said.

"Me too." Isara sighed. "We're doing the best we can."

Joseph's response earned a bemused huff. "Tch. Why would I want to be a dull musclehead like you?" came the blonde's response. Apparently, he was either overestimating himself in believing he could take Jojo down in a tackle, or he was much stronger than he looked.

But there wasn't a chance to find out, because mid-tackle, Joseph elbowed him down forcefully.

The boy looked shocked, cringing with pain from the attack.. But he seemed to recover quickly, and he slowly pushed himself to his feet. A close look would reveal that his skin was a little yellowed. Could he be infected? "Oh ho ho.. You're dead for that," the boy exclaimed, launching a powerful right hook right at Jojo's face. This time, though, the boy seemed to have picked up speed again. What could he be, anyways??

"Guwaargh!" Joseph exclaimed, having been caught by complete surprise as he'd be knocked to the side from the hook. He was sure that the Hamon-infused attack would have taken care of that guy already, but that yellow patch... Well, whatever. It hardly mattered to him if this guy was stronger than he looked! Just made things more interesting after all!

Attempting to recover, JoJo would attempt to think through a new strategy. Brute force wasn't gonna work, and if it was, it was gonna be like fighting a Pillar Man all over again. Think, Joseph, think! This head is useful for more than just looking good! Alright, uh... sledgehammer on the ground that he dropped earlier? Too cumbersome, but if he could pull it off... Hmm. Grenades? Maybe. Scarf? Now, that would just be copying Lisa Lisa's style, and Joseph wasn't gonna let his style be a copy of anyone else's! Tommy gun? Needs reloading. Hmm...

Eh, we'll try the Straizo approach.

viAvYsF.png

Quickly formulating that plan on the spot, Joseph smirked knowingly, as though he had gotten the upper hand again, cracking his knuckles again. "So you don't seem to like bein' used to mopped the floor with? Well, don't worry. We're almost done, but first! Let me tell your fortune before you attack me again! Your next, and final line before I knock the air outta ya, will be... "Just shut up already, fucking idiot! I've had enough of your shit!" That's the one!"

@Hospes

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Minerva

Noel's shots launched right at the creature's skull and heart.. But the round fired at it's heart seemed to... Bounce off?? What was that all about? As for the shot to the head, the creature somehow manage to move just enough for the round to graze it's ear. Which was just enough to piss the odd mutant off. Within moments, one of it's tentacles shot out, wrapping tightly around Noel and giving her a squeeze.

The puppy seemed confused when its many eyes were covered, and it tilted its head.. Before licking Pyro's hand absently.

Marie Korbel
@Hospes @Doctor Smartass @Kaykay @People Staying
FO46csm.png

"Great... Just great..." Marie said, still griping a little as she tried to pry Noel free of the creature's tentacles, someone had to do something about it, right?​

Xenon and Angelic Buster were just wandering around, not knowing what was happening.

"What were you doing, Xenon!?!?!?"

"Can you not, Buster?"

@anybody <3​

Well that was odd. Especially considering Bolverk doesn't actually fire rounds. It was more of a dimensional collapse in a line with the barrel of the gun that created an Ars Magus explosion there, but either way it seemed that shot didn't work. And the other one was dodged.

Before she could move, the dogtopus thing attacked her. Great.

"Ew! Let go of me!"

That was pretty gross. What kind of horrible animal was this thing?

Noel tried to point her guns towards the creature again, and fire is she could get them trained on it.

@york @Doctor Smartass @Hospes

FgejXj5.png

Although on several occasions Isara had told Riley to stay back, she didn't entirely do so. The preteen stayed close to Isara, even when she was helping to treat the girl. "Are you really sure she'll be all right?" Riley asked, her arms and hands shaky as she looked upon this scene. She couldn't look long though. This nightmare-like setting was hard for Riley to observe. She tried to keep her blue eyes one the ground for as long as possible, while imagining that her parents were there telling her everything would be okay. She sure wished it would be.

[fieldbox="Riley's Mind, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]
de130282a44423b12546b20b26d8dacf.png

Mood Meter: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Prognosis: Not okay!

For the most part, Riley's emotions had sorted out their issues with each other. Now, they only wished they could sort out their issues with Riley. At the moment, Sadness, Fear, and Disgust were taking turns at the controls while Joy tried to convince Anger to quit pressing a button on Riley's control panel.

"Stop that! Continuing to press the button isn't going to make it stop beeping!"

"Well I'm tired of hearing it!" Anger snapped at Joy, shaking his head.

Making an annoying buzzing sound, a button on Riley's console continued to beep, playing a warning.

WARNING: LOW FUEL. PLEASE INTAKE FOOD, WATER, OR REST. REPETE: LOW FUEL.

Joy frowned. "Ugh, I know Riley is hungry, but there isn't anything we can do about it when she's in constant danger."

What next? Joy really hoped they would get out of this bad situation soon or Riley would end up crashing...
[/fieldbox]

@The Silver Paladin @Hospes @Anybody who is around XD​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Alicia sighed. "Fine. I will, now go! Run. Leave now!" She said to the other boy. Alicia turned her rifle onto the other boy who was charging at JoJo. Alicia wouldn't let someone hurt someone else.

Isara grabbed the girl's hand, and tightly squeezed it. Welkin began applying cloth onto the wounds. "Is, I wish the medic was here." He said.

"Me too." Isara sighed. "We're doing the best we can."

The boy seemed to be annoyed with the way he was being bossed around. "You really are stupid, aren't you?" he muttered, shaking his head and crossing his arms. "There's nowhere to run. Infiltrators or not, we're still trapped here," he explained, shaking his head, causing his black curly hair to bounce slightly.

On the other hand, the dazed girl on the ground subconsciously squeezed Isara's hand right back. She still was in too much pain to talk, it appeared.
"Guwaargh!" Joseph exclaimed, having been caught by complete surprise as he'd be knocked to the side from the hook. He was sure that the Hamon-infused attack would have taken care of that guy already, but that yellow patch... Well, whatever. It hardly mattered to him if this guy was stronger than he looked! Just made things more interesting after all!

Attempting to recover, JoJo would attempt to think through a new strategy. Brute force wasn't gonna work, and if it was, it was gonna be like fighting a Pillar Man all over again. Think, Joseph, think! This head is useful for more than just looking good! Alright, uh... sledgehammer on the ground that he dropped earlier? Too cumbersome, but if he could pull it off... Hmm. Grenades? Maybe. Scarf? Now, that would just be copying Lisa Lisa's style, and Joseph wasn't gonna let his style be a copy of anyone else's! Tommy gun? Needs reloading. Hmm...

Eh, we'll try the Straizo approach.

viAvYsF.png

Quickly formulating that plan on the spot, Joseph smirked knowingly, as though he had gotten the upper hand again, cracking his knuckles again. "So you don't seem to like bein' used to mopped the floor with? Well, don't worry. We're almost done, but first! Let me tell your fortune before you attack me again! Your next, and final line before I knock the air outta ya, will be... "Just shut up already, fucking idiot! I've had enough of your shit!" That's the one!"

@Hospes

The blonde boy's nostrils flared in annoyance, and he clearly was, as Jojo said, done with Jojo's shit. "You really don't have an off button, do you?" he practically snarled, trying for a punch to Jojo's ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.