The Man With a Suit & The Soldier of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony looked at Sabrina, his movements stopped as watched her whole reaction. Well, that escalated quickly. He picked up his clothes from the ground, then closed the bathroom door again so he can get into his clean clothes. All he thought about was how bad she reacted with him being half naked, and how embarrassed she was.

When he finished dressing, he walked out the bathroom with his towels in his hands. Going up to her bedroom door, knowing that she locked herself in there, he knocked on it twice. "Where do you want me to put these towels?" he asked, trying to get the air of awkwardness away from the both of them. "Shall I burn torch them because of my contamination?"

---

Beatrix sat down on the chair, crossing her legs and looked up at him. "Well, I am sure you will be released by the end of the day," she said thoughtfully, "Then I will probably have to put you on bed rest until you actually get better and don't feel as much pain." It looked like he was so uneasy, but she wasn't going to ask why he was.

"Just hold up for a couple of more hours," she told him, leaning back in her chair. "We can also go for a nice dinner after we leave here because that will be way better than eating hospital food."

Sabrina knew her behavior had been stupid. Tony hasn't showed even the slightest interest in her romantically and yet she'd acted like a foolish school girl with a tremendous crush. Perhaps acting with a false confidence would redeem herself? That was the plan she decided on. While she finished getting changed in the bedroom, Tony suddenly knocked at the door. Rather than have him wait, his words were muffled by the thick wooden door, she unlocked the handle and told him to come inside.

If Tony had no attraction to her as a woman, then why should she be bashful at all? She came from the closet, dark blue jeans resting low at her hips. In her hands was a plain black t-shirt, but she entered the room with only a lace bra of the same color covering her top. Sabrina slowly pulled the shirt over her head and adjusted it. Then she gently ran a brush through her hair and let it dry by itself.

Lifting her eyes to Tony with a small smile at her lips, Sabrina went searching for her shoes. "So, did you have anywhere in particular you'd like to show me in Malibu?"

A couple more hours would be unpleasant, but Steve could accommodate that at least. When Beatrix mentioned going out to a nice dinner, his stomach growled in acceptance. His face went florid, eyes averting from her. "That sounds delightful." It truly did. The nurses returned and checked Steve's vitals. To their amazement he was healing quickly and was able to be released from the IV and monitors.

"I don't understand how your body is repairing itself so quickly." She commented, completely baffled.

Steve just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Good genetics, I suppose."

Tony caught himself staring at her as she pulled the shirt on her body, his eyes skimmed over the exposed skin of her body and he had to quickly look away before she looked at him. Just seeing that made him a little flustered, so in response, he just ran his hand through his hair. It was only fair that she did that to him because he had done the same thing to her. At least he didn't make a big deal over it, so he knew that he was in the clear.

"Well, we can probably head to the beach and look around," he suggested, shrugging his shoulders. "To be honest, I haven't traveled the city for pleasure because I am always on business. So, we can just do whatever what comes to mind."

---

Beatrix gave the nurse a smile as she said that Steve could be released, but he had to be careful. The nurse was certainly astonished at the fact that he was healing fast, and she wondered how he was doing it. It wasn't genetics. Genetics couldn't do that. "Thank you for your time," Beatrix told her.

"I wanted to say that you both are such a good looking couple," the nurse commented, giving them both a smile. "Have a good day you two, you both deserve it."

"Thank you," the female agent replied. What the nurse said made Beatrix laugh softly, grabbing her things and looked back at Steve. "Come on, darling, let's go get something to eat," she said, giving him a bright smile as she held out her hand to him. Just in case, she was there to help him walk, but she had a feeling that he didn't need it.

"Honestly, Tony, don't you ever want to just explore the world? Rather than try to be its King?" Sabrina teased him playfully, applying her natural and signature makeup in the bathroom. "I suppose the beach could be fun. I'll pack a swimsuit just in case." She doesn't have many opportunities to swim in England, so this might just be a fun adventure after all.

Sabrina snatched a long, white trench coat from her closet and slipped it on as she exited the room. It was unbuttoned, but folded at the elbows on both sides. Sliding her feet into a pair of black flats and tugging Tony by the arm, they left. She already had her messenger bag over one shoulder, keys in her other hand. "I'll drive this time."

When they got to the parking garage of the hotel, Sabrina happily skipped to her prized possession; her self designed car.

car-wallpaprs-2014-Lamborghini-Veneno.jpg

Surprised that she didn't correct the nurse's incorrect assumption, Steve happily took Beatrix's hand. He didn't actually need her support, but welcomed the physical touch of her hand. His skin felt electric in her's and that's something he's never experienced before with anyone, even Peggy.

Dropping her hand as they neared the bathroom, Steve had to change and politely excused himself. His clothing was already folded neatly on the sink. He supposed the nurses, or possibly Beatrix, did this for him. It only took a few minutes and Steve emerged fully dressed in casual clothing for the day. A blue-shirt, slightly too tight and black jeans. His boots were unlaced, but he couldn't bend down.

"Beatrix?" He almost hated himself for asking, "Could you please tie my boots?"

If he were to bend down, the pain radiating in his back and shoulders would be unbearable.

Well, if they went to the beach, he had no beach attire. It was alright though, he didn't think that they were going to swim in the first place. Plus, the beach would probably be crowded with a lot of people. When she teased him, he just let that slide and laughed along with the joke. At least they could poke fun at each other without hating each other for it.

They walked down to the parking garage, and then he saw the car. His jaw slightly dropped at the sight of it, and then inspected the vehicle. It was such a beautiful design, and he wished that he had it. "You designed this, didn't you?" he asked, glancing up at her for a moment before he continued to do his inspection. He wanted to look at everything before he got inside of it.

---

Beatrix looked over Steve, more so focusing on the muscles that were exposed with his shirt. She appreciated the sight of him in that shirt, and she definitely was not complaining. When he asked her to tie his boots, she simply nodded her head. Then she realized how much she loved to hear her name come from his mouth, since she was used to him calling her ma'am all of the time. It was certainly a nice change.

She knelt to the ground and started to tie his boots for him. At least she knew the proper way to lace boots like his since she had to wear boots similar with her uniform. After a quick minute, she finished with the lacing and stood to her feet, fixing her skirt as well. "Let's get going," she said, offering her hand to him once more with a welcoming smile. She wasn't going to lie to herself, but she thoroughly loved the feeling of her hand in his.

"Of course I did!" She was obviously boasting with tremendous pride as Tony inspected her beautiful creation. "It took a few years and believe me, you don't ever want to see the prototypes of this." The memories of those horrid machines still haunt her. "Still, it's my precious baby." Hence why she refuses to let anyone else, aside from herself, drive or operate it. Even the valet are forbidden, much to their frustration.

Once she got inside, calling out through the window for Tony, Sabrina started the engine and it seemed to roar. This car may seem delicate, but it's actually quite a powerful vehicle. The engine revved as Sabrina teased the petal with her foot, waiting till Tony was safely strapped in. She turned to him, a sly smirk spreading along her lips. "You ready for a real ride, love?"

Without hesitation, or even a moment to consider the streets awaiting them, Sabrina floored the petal. Immediately the car took off, zooming along the streets and swiftly turning with grace as it seemed to glide in each turn. Sabrina's eyes were narrowed, entirely focused on the road ahead of her. Hands gripped the wheel tightly, knuckles going white from the strain.

Arriving at the beach, the engine purring as they parked, Sabrina turned to Tony for his reaction. "Well, isn't this baby the best?"

* * *​

He tried to keep himself from watching Beatrix as she finished lacing his shoes. He truly did try with all his best effort, but failed horribly. She looked so feminine from that angle and Steve mentally scolded himself for acting so deplorable. Once she was finished, his shoes properly tied and comfortable, Steve followed her through the doors without a seconds hesitation. His hand had joined her's as well, it seemed to fit perfectly in that position. Steve wasn't going to complain and Beatrix didn't seem to mind either.

As they walked among the hospital and stayed close to each other's sides, a few curious glances were cast in their direction. A couple of the peering eyes came from men and they focused intently on Beatrix. No question as to why. She is a lovely woman and most men don't have the pleasure of being around these type of strong, confident and successful individuals. The men immediately shifted their sight when a pair of sapphire eyes narrowed at them, but lowered to Beatrix and softened instantly.

The blond solider was angered at the men's actions, so crude and impolite. Not to mention, he almost felt jealous. As they reached the door, Steve grabbed the handle and held the door open for Beatrix. He knew she'd thank him, but Steve just smiled and motioned for her to go through.

Tony didn't expect any of what was going to happen. The car was such a beautiful creation, and then it roared like a ferocious beast. He really wanted this car, but she had a feeling that it was a no-go for him to have it, even if he did offer a lot of money for it. As he got into the vehicle, he made sure to buckle his seat belt, unsure on how this woman actually drove. "If I told you no, would you still go for it?" he asked, really unsure about this now.

Then she just drove off without a second hesitation, and his eyes just widened. Of course he liked the thrill of going fast and whatnot, but he was able to control it when he did. His life was in the hand's of a woman, literally. He just gripped onto the seat, making sure not to grip too hard. He trusted her, and that was the truth, but it was just strange that a woman was driving him around for a change.

They arrived at their destination, and he let go a breath that seemed like he held for awhile. "On the plus side you didn't kill us," he told her. "And yes, this car is very good work."

---

Beatrix caught the stares of some men as they passed, but she didn't really pay them any mind. They would connect their eyes with their hands together, and then they would probably look away. All she did was look ahead of herself as she walked, holding his hand in the process of this. Every guy was making it seem like they haven't met a woman like her before, she was definitely one of a kind.

As Steve opened the door before, like has many times before, she did thank him before she walked to the parking garage with him. "What do you want to eat?" she asked, then looked up at him curiously. "Or do you just want me to surprise you?"

She'd frightened him. Sabrina had actually managed to scare the person known to the world as Iron Man. This was too glorious. Cherishing the moment and wanting to keep the upbeat momentum, Sabrina quickly unbuckled herself and left the car. She ran around, opening Tony's door and pulled him from the seat. "You're so uptight and formal," she teased happily. "Loosen up a bit, love."

Sabrina tossed her coat into the car, locking it afterwards. She wouldn't need it for the beach. Sabrina wanted to see a more relaxed and casual Tony Stark. He always presents himself so formally. Thankfully, much their surprise, the beach was fairly vacant. This gave Sabrina a wonderful opportunity. Opening the trunk of her car and searching inside for a few minutes before finally finding what she wanted.

A sudden blast of freezing cold water attacked Tony, leaving him soaking wet in the jacket he'd chosen to wear. Although, Sabrina surely wasn't going to complain about the view his drenched shirt provided. "Come on, Stark, show me your game!" She tossed him an equally full water gun, spraying him as she ran off into the sand.

* * *​
"I do like your surprises," Steve answered happily, shutting the door as he left. "Anywhere you pick is perfectly fine with me." He would never complain, not to her. She was special, for whatever reason he couldn't place. Steve followed her to the parking garage, but his eyes became distracted by the bright city surrounding them. Echoes of cars, horns and various people's conversation flooded his ears.

For a moment, Steve felt frozen in time. Ironically, not in the same manner as before. The world around him seemed to be moving so quickly. In the past, Steve would have preferred a fast paced world. However, now as he's missed so many highlights of humanity, his views on certain things have changed. Besides technology, which he finds seriously aggravating to some degree, the most confusing part of today's modern world for him is the fashion that women have taken to wearing.

In his era, seventy years ago, women would not have dared to expose so much of their bodies to the world. Not to mention, the general attitude and behaviors he's seen are atrocious. Perhaps that's why he's taken so easily to Beatrix? She represents everything he used to know so well. However, she's an individual and has her own flare that he finds very appealing.

Tony watched for a moment, his eyebrow rose as she went through the trunk of her vehicle. Then moments later he felt cold water on him and his eyes widened. Soon his eyes narrowed at her as she tossed him a water gun. "You shouldn't rage war on me," he warned in a teasing way. Then he took off after her, squirting her with water.

To be honest, he hasn't been doing anything fun with his time anymore because he worked so much. All he worried about was making sure that everything worked. So, he just forgot what fun looked like. At least Sabrina was there to bring out that fun side he had kept.

"Come back!" He called after her, then he chased after the woman. As he neared her, he would start spraying water on her with the water gun. Truth be told, this was the most fun he had in a while.

---

With a smile to Steve, she walked with him to her vehicle that Clint also decided to bring over to the hospital with another agent. There were hints of dirt on it because of what had happened at the warehouse, but it held no damage, so it was a good thing. Digging through her bag, she grabbed the keys and unlocked the doors to get in, tossing her bag in the backseat. Once they both settled in the car, she started to drive into the streets.

As she drove, her thoughts were going wild for some strange reason. The feelings she had towards Steve were strange on their own, especially they have bonded in the last few days alone. She didn't understand these feelings because she has never had them before in her life, all because she has never bothered having feelings towards another person. Well, she didn't know what to feel.

After the few minutes of driving, she had parked in front of an Italian restaurant. "I hope you are in the mood for some pasta," she told him with a smile before getting out of the car, waiting for him to get out before they walked into the restaurant.

It wasn't a long game, the water in their guns depleted quickly, but Sabrina enjoyed it while she could. Sabrina collapsed to the sand, her legs getting caught and forced her to fall. She just giggled, laying on her back as the gentle waves of the ocean tickled at her sides. The tide was low, barely creeping up along the shoreline. Her blond hair darkened slightly, the water turning it into a shade of light brown. Sabrina's glasses sat perched on her head, attached by a string around her neck so they wouldn't get lost.

"I win, Stark!" The young woman teased, tongue stuck out and she even kicked a small amount of sand in his direction. Although, laying on the beach made it effort more difficult. She sighed happily, eyes drifting to the sky. Suddenly, another brilliant idea came to mind. Struggling to lift from the sand, not bothering to dust herself off, Sabrina leaped for Tony and tackled him to the ground.

She giggled, rolling off the larger male and pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek. "It's good to let go every once in a while and just remember to have fun." Both her and Tony lost their childhoods very early due to enrolling in Universities when they were so young. Tony went to MIT and Sabrina transferred to a prestigious school in England.

* * *​

Steve was a little slower and more cautious with his movements than before. His injuries were not a dangerous risk to his safety any longer, but the pain still transferred through his body when he moved incorrectly. Steve didn't want Beatrix to realize this, though. Instead, he kept a smile at his lips and it wasn't even forced. Steve was genuinely happy in her company, so the smile was indeed sincere.

"Sounds delicious." Steve replied in confidence, despite not remembering what Italian food tasted like. He put his trust in Beatrix's hands and her judgments. As they walked inside and were greeted at the entrance, Steve felt horribly under dressed for the occasion. Other customers wore their fanciest clothing and seemed to judge the pair for their rather casual attire. Casting their noses up high as Beatrix and Steve walked by to be seated at their table.

Steve understood the disapproving glances in his direction, but found himself angered when the eyes shifted to Beatrix as well. In his opinion; she looks lovely and always does. He wanted to say something. He wanted to address the customers directly, but knew that would be impolite.

Tony grinned at her when she kicked the sand at him. "Hey now, I think that I won that match, but you can think whatever you want," he told her, putting his hands in the air. He knew that he didn't want to argue about who the winner was, so he was just going to let her take it. As soon as he put his hands down, he was greeted with a tackle from her and then he fell to the sand. Who knew a small woman like her could take him down so easily?

This made him chuckle, and he smiled at the kiss she placed on his cheek. That was her small show of affection. He was going to tease her about it, but decided against it. "It's true that we tend to let the business side of things get in the way all of the time," he mentioned, lying back in the sand and looking at the sky. "Let's live a little and not think of it for a day."

---

Beatrix could feel the eyes on them, and she just ignored them. The restaurant wasn't going to kick them out, so the other patrons would have to deal with them being there. Once they were seated, the hostess left and then a waiter came out. He looked at the two for a moment, then looked at the woman and smiled wide. "It's nice seeing you again, Beatrix," the waiter said, his Italian accent lingered onto his words. The man was handsome as well, slick backed hair and some facial hair.

She glanced up at him, giving him a kind smile. "Hello Aldo, it has been awhile since I have seen you," she greeted, then motioned to Steve. "This is Stephen."

"Pleasure to meet you," Aldo said to Steve, giving him a small smile since it was a little forced. "What a lucky man you are, she is an amazing woman."

The woman cleared her throat, trying to get the awkward tension out of the air. "Aldo, may we get red wine?" she asked, giving him a look to make him go away. He just nodded his head, then walked away from them. Beatrix put her hand on her face, annoyed with the Italian man for making things awkward. "I apologize about him, him and I have a weird history. I also didn't expect him to be working today."

Sabrina agreed without protest. She'd get up in a minute, but for now was enjoying the scenery and continued to lay on the shore. Turning her head slightly, she glanced at Tony and suddenly broke into laughter. A piece of dried seaweed had attached to his facial hair. Probably having gotten caught when she tackled him into the dampened sand. Sabrina chuckled, leaning over Tony's upper body and gently plucked the plant from his beard. She lingered a bit longer than intended, lips separating and she licked them idly. From this angle, hovering above him, Tony was quite the view.

Snap out of it, Sabrina! This is Tony you're ogling!

Obeying her inner thoughts, Sabrina immediately removed herself and stood up with a weakened smile. "I brought a frisbee, basketball, soccer ball, baseball and bat if you'd like to play a round?"

Steve played nice, greeting Aldo and keeping the atmosphere relaxed. However, that's not to imply in any way that he enjoyed having Aldo around. In fact, it's quite the opposite. He found the man's presence very annoying. Aldo, obviously by his behavior, still held harbored feelings towards Beatrix and made it so painfully known. Trained as a gentleman first and foremost, Steve said nothing in regard to Aldo when Beatrix apologized on his behalf.

This evening lunch wasn't about him and Steve wouldn't allow their pleasant outgoing to be ruined so easily. Steve just assured Beatrix, gently putting his hand on top of her's that was resting on the table. "It's perfectly fine. I'm looking forward to trying this food, though. It smells wonderful." His mouth was practically watering in anticipation. Steve removed his hand when Aldo returned with the wine, but made sure that the other man saw.

Tony rose a brow to figure out what she was laughing about. As she leaned over his body, he watched her as she took a piece of seaweed from his facial hair. When she hovered above him, he observed the look on her face. He knew that look, especially when she licked her lips. Something was going on in that head of hers, and that made his heart quicken. From the angle she was in from his view, she looked quite marvelous, but he wasn't going to say anything.

She removed herself, and he felt disappointed. Snap out of it, Tony, he thought. At the mention of the different kinds of things that she got, he thought for a minute. "Let's do a round of basketball, that's something that I am kind of good at," he suggested, then he stood up from the sand. He knew that he was all sandy, and he tried the best that he could to get the sand off of his clothes. "And I am not going to go easy on you, by the way."

---

Beatrix gave Steve a smile, admiring how calm he was being even with the annoyance of Aldo. She liked the fact that he also placed his hand on hers, assuring her that everything was okay. When Aldo came back with the wine, she glanced at him as he started pouring two glasses and set it in front of them. At least he knew that he still had to be a waiter and not be jealous about the two.

"Are you both ready to order? Or would you like a couple of more minutes?" Aldo questioned through gritted teeth, his eyes focusing more on Beatrix. He did notice that Steve had his hand on hers, which put a sour taste in his mouth.

Beatrix just gave him his order, then glanced over at Steve. As the orders were placed, Aldo walked away and she raised her glass of wine to Steve. "So, let's have a toast," she said, "A toast to the bravest man that protected the people around him and risking his life in a selfless manner."

"Oh?" Sabrina challenged, walking back to the car and shedding her unnecessary clothing along the way. A black sports bra and athletic shorts of the same color are perfectly reasonable for basketball. The other clothing was thrown into the trunk as she reached for the basketball and bounced it a few times within her reach. "So, Tony Stark plays basketball, yeah?" This was going to be fun and she just grinned in excitement. "Let's make this a bit more interesting, eh? How about..." She tapped her bottom lip gently in thought.

"The loser has to do one request at the winner's behalf?" She knew he'd lose. At least, that's what she hoped. Sabrina used to play this sport a lot with her father, but actually hasn't played in years since his death. She bounced the ball to him, gesturing towards the playground area near the parking lot. "You're up, love."

Let the game begin.

(You can either have Tony win or lose, up to you)

"Beatrix," Steve said playfully, his cheeks turning red at her toast. "I shouldn't be praised for just doing the right thing." In his mind, there had been no other choice. He did what he knew to be the best thing in that situation. Steve wants to protect people and will always do his best with that. As a man before the serum, he couldn't. Now he has the opportunities, the physical endurance and strength to accomplish that.

Although he was honored and genuinely touched by her gesture, Steve corrected the toast as he raised his own glass against her's. "A toast to an extraordinary woman that doesn't need the assistance of a serum to be an outstanding citizen and savoir to the innocent." He clicked his glass with her's, sipping at the wine with closed eyes and savored the excellent flavor.

Well, she seemed to be prepared for everything that they were doing. Tony wasn't prepared to be doing all of these activities, he was still going to do them though. As she bounced the ball to him, he caught it and grinned at her. This was going to be a fun game. At the mention of the stakes of the game, he was determined to win this game. So, he was going to play to the best that he could.

The time went by as they played, and at the end of the game, Tony was out of breath. He remembered the score, and he cursed under his breath. Well, he lost the game. He wasn't aware that she could play, and she played well. Tony just lost a lot of his touch. "Good game," he told her, sitting down on the ground for a moment. "So, you have to give me a request. Tell me what you got." What fair was fair, he wasn't going to go back against the bet.

Hopefully she didn't request anything too far fetched.

---

Beatrix gave a smile at the turn around of the toast, a small blush on her cheeks. "I always do what I can to protect those around me," she told him, then took a sip of the wine. It has been awhile since she had a good glass of wine, and it tasted amazing. The last glass of wine she had was when she was back in Italy on a mission long ago, ever since then, she hasn't sat down and enjoyed something like this.

A few moments later, Aldo came with the food and set their plates in front of them. "Anything else that I can get you two?" he asked. When Beatrix shook her head, he just gave a nod and then left the two alone.

"Buon appetito," Beatrix told Steve in Italian, giving him a smile before she started eating her pasta. It was definitely delicious, and she savored the taste of the food. Italian food had to be her favorite because of all the different flavors in their dishes.

By the end of the game, Sabrina was panting heavily and joined Tony on the ground. She beside him, laughing happily and twirled the ball absentmindedly. Sabrina could ask anything of Tony, within reason of course. But, selecting just the right thing wasn't so simple. Sabrina leaned herself against him, chin resting on his shoulder. "Well, I have to wonder about your reputation." A grin was spreading at her lips. "Everyone claims you're such a catch, but I don't know if that's true or not. So, as my prize, I'm going to test a theory of mine."

Without warning, Sabrina gently turned Tony's head with a hand resting along his jaw. The kiss was chaste, a mere peck and nothing more. Sabrina let her lips linger atop of his, though, cherishing the warmth and smooth texture of his own. The wind suddenly picked up, playing in Sabrina's hair. Leaves twirled in the air surrounding them, but Sabrina's closed eyes couldn't see anything aside from darkness. Moments after she engaged the kiss, Sabrina broke away. Her forehead was resting against his own, her hand still holding his jaw and her thumb idly stroked his skin.

Not wanting the moment to end so abruptly, Sabrina kept her eyes closed and a smile tugged at her lips. Her theory was right. Tony Stark is an excellent kisser even without effort on his part.

* * *​

Eager to try the food when it arrived at the table, Steve wasted not a second. He was pleasantly surprised by the flavors, so rich and delicious. For a short time, he almost forgot that Beatrix was present. His mind was entirely focused on the food and it warmed his stomach. It also helped relax the pain still radiating in his back. Steve always sat and stood with perfect posture, but in the chair he was slumped forwards slightly.

Steve finished his plate, almost pouting at the absence. When Aldo returned and asked if they'd like some dessert, Steve ordered himself a pastry that he'd found on the menu. It looked promising. "I'll share," he offered to Beatrix when it arrived. The pastry was large enough to two people. He cut into it, equally separating halves and plated Beatrix's piece.

"After you," he encouraged, wanting her to have the first bite.

For a moment, he thought that his heart stopped. Just only for a moment. When she kissed him, it felt like everything seemed to disappear. The worries was pretty washed away at this point in time. Her lips lingered with his, and the feeling shot electricity within him. Never has he felt something like this when it came to another woman. Usually it was due to the heat of the moment, but this was something entirely different. It felt genuine.

Tony just felt something different, and he couldn't explain it. All of the sudden he craved more, wanting to see if this feeling was going to still fire within him. After a moment of thought, he moved back from her slightly. In one fluid movement, he had his hand to her chin and his lips captured hers in a gentle manner. The same electricity shot through him, and it was a feeling that he could easily adapt to. He didn't understand why, but it was just something that he enjoyed.

---

Beatrix smiled when he had halved the dessert with her, and she took the first bite of the pastry. "It's so good," she approved. She didn't usually get desserts since she hardly had a sweet tooth, but she figured that she would try it. It was delicious and she was glad that she did have a bite of it. "Good choice."

She took more sips of her wine, and ate more of her side of the pastry. When Aldo came back, he had set the check on the table. He leaned down to whisper something in her ear, which made her sigh in disapproval. "Vada via," she said back to him with a bitter tone, her eyes narrowed slightly at the waiter. "Non voglio parlare con te più tardi."

Aldo put up his hands in defense. "You don't need to bite my head off, Beatrix," he told her, and glanced at Steve for a moment. He didn't say anything else, just stepping away from the table to check on others ones.

"Er macht mich verrückt," she said under her breath, switching languages completely. As a worldwide agent, she knew that she had to know different languages because she had to go through many different countries for long periods of time. "Are you ready to go, Steve?"

Tony engaged her in another kiss and she surely wasn't going to complain. This kiss was longer and she actually felt him responding. Sabrina broke away, cheeks burning and lips slightly fuller from the activity. She smiled, quickly leaning forward and kissed the tip of his nose. "Come on, Tony." Sabrina lifted from the ground, offering her hand to him. "Let's go eat, " she suggested with both arms wrapped around her stomach. "I'm hungry, you?"

Sabrina started walking back towards the car, bouncing the basketball within her reach at the same time. She didn't want to speak about the kiss at all. They couldn't become romantically involved and Sabrina was quite aware of that. Pepper would go ballistic. Not to mention, Sabrina lives in England. Her father's company is based in England. A long distance relationship didn't sound appealing to her anyway.

* * *​

Steve was dumbfounded. Completely puzzled by the foreign languages spoken in his presence. Whatever Beatrix had said to the waiter was not pleasant. That much he could gather through their behaviors. Hearing her speak German brought a slight stiffness to his frame. Memories of the war flashed behind his eyes and he unconsciously tightened his grip on a fork. Many of the other soldiers he fought against during his time were German. Their faces appeared suddenly within his mind, the echoes of gunfire and explosives causing him to relive the terrifying experiences once again.

His eyes were strained, not blinking and shaking directions. He almost looked to be having a silent seizure. That wasn't the case, though. Steve was physically fine, aside from the prior injuries. His mind was trapped in the cycle of violence, gore and couldn't breakaway.

Tony just gave her a smile before grabbing her hand, using it to help him stand up. "I am hungry," he mentioned. All of the physical activity got him hungry again, all because they were working out what they had for breakfast earlier. That was a couple of hours ago anyway. "I am the mood for Mexican, how about you?" He knew a good place to get good quality Mexican food, and he has been craving it for awhile now.

As much as he wanted to discuss the importance of the kiss, he didn't bring it up if she didn't. It was one of those things that just happened. Pepper was going to kill him. Now she was brought into his mind. He skipped out on work, and he had a moment with Sabrina. Of course Pepper is not going to find out about that kiss, but skipping out on work was kind of not recommended. He fished out his phone from his pocket, looking down at it. Oh boy, he got missed calls and a lot of texts. He didn't realize that because his phone was on silent.

He was going to hear about it.

---

Beatrix looked at Steve, seeing how his behavior changed. This made her worry about him. Was it something that she said? Then she realized what it could be since she spoke in German. He was around that a lot in his past. This realization made her curse under her breath, standing to her feet to stand beside him. Her language probably triggered something in his mind, and she felt horrible for having that happen.

"Steve," she whispered, placing her hand gently on the one that he was gripping his fork with. "Steve, it's okay." Her other hand was placed on his cheek, gently stroking his skin with his thumb. "I promise that everything is okay." She had hoped her gentle touch and her gentle voice would calm him down. At least she knew how to handle this, because there were many times that she had to mentally rehabilitate soldiers coming from battles.

"Mexican it is!" Sabrina got inside the car and had Tony give her the directions. She wasn't going to let him drive, not her precious baby. Never. Well, maybe one day. Just maybe. Sabrina had them arrive at the restaurant in record time. Her driving method should be outlawed, but no one has ever written her a ticket for it. Suppose it's just luck.

Sabrina got out of the car, having already changed back into her casual clothing and tied her jacket around the waist with her belt. Her hair had dried along the drive, thanks to her opening the windows. Putting her glasses back into position, straightening out her jacket and checking herself in the mirror really quick, Sabrina walked towards the entrance.

They were seated and just as Sabrina was about to start a conversation, someone else interrupted. He was a taller man than Tony, slightly younger and freshly shaven. His dark hair was styled into a shag and a strange tattoo on the side of his neck. "Sabrina? Sabrina Ryder?" She immediately tensed and forced a smile as she greeted him with an extended hand.

"Hello Simpson," she waved her hand towards Tony to introduce him, but was halted by Simpson's voice. "I'm sorry, what?"

He repeated himself, "You're needed back in England. Apparently there's been some trouble with your father's factory and we're unable to continue the repairs without your guidance. After all, your father made sure only you knew the specialty codes for full access."

"But, I'm kinda..." Her eyes shifted to Tony, reflecting disappointment and sadness without actual tears. Her duty and responsibility is always her first priority and nothing came before her father's company. Not even her feelings towards a certain man. "Can you excuse us for a moment, Simpson?"

He nodded, allowing Sabrina to gently guide Tony away from the table. They exited through the back door and Sabrina sighed heavily with fallen shoulders. "I-I'm really sorry. B-But my father's company, he entrusted it to me and I can't..." She wanted to stay. She wanted to spend more time with Tony. She wanted him. "If something starts going wrong with the Reactor just contact me and I'll come straight back!" It was a promise.

She knew Simpson was waiting and he's not the most patient. Hating herself for leaving him, Sabrina grabbed Tony by the collar of his jacket and pulled him into a passionate kiss. She tried to convey her feelings without actually saying them. If she had spoken them aloud, she wouldn't have been able to leave. "I'm sorry." Whispering those words gently against his lips, she turned and left.

Everything in his sights was horrible. Decaying, corpses on the field, his own men laying dead on the ground. Nothing could snap him from this moment, or so he thought. It was sudden, a gentle touch to his cheek. Then a soft stroking motion along his skin, so sincere and tender. Slowly the images faded into the darkness. His body relaxed, the fork falling from his grip.

"Beatrix?" His voice was shaken, eyes blinking rapidly as he tried to focus. "Beatrix?"

Status
Not open for further replies.