The Man With a Suit & The Soldier of Time

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony just watched as the strange man told her that she had to go home. She had to go back to England to work. Her visit was cut short because she had to go and fix things back at home. It tugged at his heart because he wasn't going to see her for awhile. Then he let out a sigh, knowing that he couldn't stop her from doing her duties. He knew how it was. When he was called in, he knew that he had to do the things asked. It was how it was being the leader.

"I understand fully," he told her, just simply heart broken. He wanted her to stay. When she pulled him into a passionate kiss, it really did catch him off guard, but he allowed it to happen. There were those sparks again. Then she left him there. She just left, and all he could do was let her go. With a deep sigh, he pulled out his phone and called the man that he trusted.

"Hey Happy, I need you to pick me up," he said and told him where he was, not feeling like explaining himself. "I know she wants to kill me... Yeah yeah... Just come get me, alright?" With that, he hung up the phone. Everything just turned weird for him.

---

Beatrix continued to stoke his cheek with her thumb, being in his line of sight so he could see her. When he came to, she gave him a smile to reassure him that everything was okay and that she was there to help him. "Steve, I am here," she told him, giving him the words of reassurance. He was probably in a dark place in his mind and he was finally snapping out of it. It must have been hard for him. "I apologize for triggering your thoughts like that."

She let out a soft sigh, shaking her head because she realized how stupid she was. "We should get out of here," she told him, knowing well that they were making a slight scene in the restaurant. People were just staring at them.

"Who was that man with you?" Sabrina could have punched Simpson if she was to be that type of woman. However, a British lady conducts themselves with professionalism. Simpson's comments just wouldn't stop, though. "Kinda short, wasn't he? Didn't know you went after American men now, Sabrina? Now I understand why you never accepted my offers for dates."

She'd reached her limit. "Enough, Simpson!" He went silent, eyes widening at her curiously. "For your information, his name is Anthony Edward Stark and he's a very successful man. Also, he's not short. You're bloody 6'7" and he's taller than I am. In addition, we're not dating nor have we ever been. He's simply a friend that I met...two years ago." She didn't go into detail about the specifics.

As they drove towards the airport, Sabrina just felt like crying and busied herself with some reading. When Tony left the restaurant, he'd find quite the surprise waiting for him outside in the parking lot. A note was attached to her car's windshield and it was addressed to Tony Stark.

Luv? Take care of her won't you?
Don't forget to change the oil, check the engine, keep her out of the rain and harsh elements.
Also, don't mess with my radio stations. Enjoy. - Sabrina

When Steve finally returned to the world, his memories having been reburied beneath his reach, nothing could have prepared him for the embarrassment he was engulfed with. He hadn't been vocal, but his actions had made a slight scene. People's eyes burned into his back and Steve wanted to leave immediately. Thankfully, at least, they had finished their meals and wine.

Steve hurried outside, still lost in the haze of his memories. He waited in the parking lot for Beatrix, pacing idly in a circle. Even as a solider in war, Steve can still be haunted and each experience is traumatic in its own right. Having ruined their pleasant afternoon, and knowing that this was entirely his fault, the guilt weighed heavily on Steve's shoulders. He wanted to make it up to Beatrix.

Ahead of his view, a few streets away, a movie theater came into his sights. That seemed perfect. Steve quickly walked to Beatrix's side when she left the resutrant. "I have a surprise for you." He teased, happily. "Come on." Steve took her hand and guided her towards the streets. They walked along the sidewalk, the crowds a familiar territory for Steve. He could remember walking in the busy streets back in his time. Also, it kept people from staring.

Steve held Beatrix's hand gently, but firmly. He didn't wand her getting swept away.

Tony stepped outside to the parking lot, his hand went through his hair. Then he noticed her vehicle, which he stared at in disbelief. He figured that she would take it with her. As he stepped towards it, he noticed the paper on the windshield. He read it over a million times before he grinned, happy that she entrusted the car to him for now. The car was going to be quite taken care of that was for sure.

He dialed his friend's number again, and told him to cancel the plans. Happy was not pleased because he was halfway, but he let it slide. "Just call Pepper back, she almost ripped off my head!" Happy exclaimed over the phone before Tony hung up.

Tony got into the car, keeping the note in his hand and he sat in the driver's side. His hands were on the steering wheel. A small smirk came to his lips, letting the car roar to life and then took it out onto the streets. Pepper would have to wait. She already waited, so might as well wait so more.

---

Aldo was trying to get Beatrix to stay, but she quickly dismissed him by stomping on his foot on "accident" and walked out of the restaurant after paying the bill. Once she arrived to Steve's side, she was surprised at the sudden change of mood and whisked her onto the crowded streets. She knew it was a surprise, so she didn't ask where they were going. It was nice to be surprised for a change.

She held onto his hand as they walked, keeping close to the soldier as they walked through the busy streets. A smile was clearly evident on her face as she walked with him. She felt extremely safe with him beside her, even if she knew she was safe if she was alone. The feeling of wanted company was such a good feeling for her.

While in the plane, heading back for her homeland of England, Sabrina received a text message. It was from her mother, whom she has an estranged relationship with perfectly valid reasons. The text was short and Sabrina replied quickly, immediately turning off her phone afterwards. "You mother continues to insist that your father's will was improperly written and that she is the true inheritance to the company." Simpson reminded her, although she didn't need to hear it.

"I already know this," she snapped in reply, turning away from him. "My father signed everything over to me, but she can't handle that. She feels betrayed by her husband. But, my father knew the company would wither in her control. She knows nothing about it." Sabrina looked out the window, the countryside of England came into view and she sighed sadly. "I already miss Malibu."

It didn't take long for them to reach the theater that Steve had seen from the restaurant. When they arrived, he surprised her by paying for two tickets. He'd managed to get his money correctly exchanged last night. A quick call to Fury had that problem fixed within minutes. Of course, that's after he listened to a three hour long scolding for waking up the Director from a peaceful slumber. It was worth it in the end.

Steve bought them both drinks and large bag of popcorn. The movie he chose was a romantic-comedy. He wanted something light and enjoyable, nothing to resemble the war or anything close to that. They sat high in the theater, Steve wanted to be away from prying eyes. He shifted in the seat to get comfortable and held the popcorn bag on his lap. "I hope you like the surprise," he whispered, leaning across to her side.

Steve smiled, offering her some of the popcorn. As the theater darkened and the movie began to play, Steve considered using a trick he'd seen Bucky use before. However, he wasn't so confident just yet.

Pepper was waiting for him when he got home.

"Where the hell were you, Tony?!" she shouted, watching as he got out of the nice car. That was not the car he left with last night, and that was not a car that she has ever seen before. "You could have called me, at least. I was worried about you!"

"Calm down, Pepper," Tony said, putting his fingers to the bridge of his nose to pinch it. He knew that he was going to be scolded, and had been mentally preparing himself for it on the drive back to his home. "At least that I am here now, right?"

"You were with her all day, weren't you?" she asked, giving a loud sigh. "You can't just play hooky on your work, Tony. There are still things that need to be done."

"I get it," he said, holding up his hands to her. "I understand perfectly well what I did. Just relax, everything will be okay. Have a glass of wine and calm yourself or you are going to stress me out."

---

Beatrix was thoroughly surprised with the whole thing. When he paid for everything, it astonished her a great deal. It was so nice of him to do something like this. He even picked a romantic comedy to watch, which was a great choice on his part. Also paying for popcorn. This was so ideal. "I love the surprise," she whispered back to him, giving a smile. When he offered popcorn, she ate some.

At least there was nothing to disturb them, since Clint was back on assignment, Fury could bother him. That was the least that Fury could do, especially that he basically threw them into a terrorist zone without even debriefing the agent. All he did was yell at her to get to the place to save innocent lives.

As the movie went on, she came to enjoy it. She had her arms on the armrests of the chair, just watching the movie and enjoying it. It has been a long time since she has been to the theaters, so it was a fun experience.

(Hope you don't mind, I'm skipping a head a few months. Also, I'm re-watching Iron Man 2 so I can remember the series of events.)

Ever since she returned to England and managed to get the situation with her father's factory under control, Sabrina has been keeping close tabs on Tony Stark's actions in the media. Recently, in the last few months, something inside Tony had changed. His behavior suddenly became bizarre and made absolutely no sense at all.

Sabrina had the television on and was engaged in watching his latest media appearance with the board of national security. They wanted his suit. Either he relinquished the Iron Man suits into their hands or they were threatening to take it by force. He conducted himself strangely at the meeting, seeming to enjoy provoking the board members and teasing them effortlessly.

When Rhodey came to his aid in the meeting, showcasing just how much of an asset Tony's suits were, Sabrina hoped this would smooth over Tony's brash comments. However, someone named Hammer was quick to challenge the findings with his own. Thankfully, Tony hacked the system and displayed the truth behind the doctored images shown by Hammer and his researchers.

Tony left the meeting with his usual brash lines and in the background Pepper could be found seated in the audience, head buried in her hands. Sabrina knew this wasn't normal for Tony. He wasn't in the right state of mind. She needed to find him. Surprisingly, that wasn't difficult. Apparently he'd decided to reopen his father's Stark Expo in Flushing, New York.

Sabrina packed her bags and headed out to the plane. She'd arrive just in time for opening ceremonies.

These months have changed Steve. For the better, of course. He's now more familiar with society and he has adapted rather impressively. If asked how he's successfully assimilated himself into the modern culture, he'd happily express his gratitude to only one person. The woman that has not only been his guide and teacher, but most of all his friend and ally.

He's speaking, of course, of Beatrix. Steve has taken quite the fancy to her in these recent months. They seem to spend every possible moment they have together. For some, like Natasha and Clint, this didn't really come as a surprise. They both knew Steve was beginning to build feelings towards Beatrix. Everyone else could see it, but didn't believe anything would happen.

Steve looks at Beatrix with happiness shining in his eyes and a smile always at his lips. She makes him happy and he hopes to return the favor. As of the moment, Steve was training in SHIELD's private gym. He wore a simple white t-shirt and tan jeans. Steve punched and attacked the punching bag furiously, huffing heavily with each blow.

The Stark Expo.

Everyone was anticipating this expo for awhile, and he was excited for it even. What was getting to him though was the toxin levels in his system, they were gradually getting worst. Right now though, he let that be at the back of his mind. Now it was the opening ceremonies, and he had to kick ass at it.

With that thought, he wore his Iron Man suit and jumped out of a plane. He flew down to the stage that was over lit, and was clear in view. The entrance he made brought people to cheer. As he landed on the stage, he was brought out his Iron Man suit. "It's good to be back!" he exclaimed.

The man did his brilliant speech, and then walked off the stage when he was done when he brought up his father's introduction video. He took this moment to check his toxic levels, having him stare down at it for a moment before he looked up with a slight worried expression. This was happening quicker than it should. He was not in his greatest positions. Something that he didn't want to tell Pepper, and he didn't even phone Sabrina. How selfish of him.

---

Beatrix had been happy these past couple of months after spending a lot of her time with Steve. Clint would always make fun of her because of the amount of happiness she showed in these past few months. He knew that she was happy before, but not this happy. It was actually a fun sight to see. Natasha noticed it as well, and she also had her tease at the woman.

After a few months of not being on the field, Fury pulled here away from Steve for two weeks. She was on a mission with Coulson, discovering something that was happening in New Mexico. It was a strange assignment, but she just did what she was told. In those weeks she would call Steve to see if he was doing alright without her, she was teasing him of course. She had missed him.

Now coming back from the mission, she figured it was time to surprise Steve. Fury told her that he spent his time working out in the gym, which she had a feeling that he was. The woman was wearing a tan dress that suited her, with mary-jane styled heels.

dita-von-teese-leaving-pilates-west-hollywood__oPt.jpg

She walked into the gym with a water bottle and towel in her hand, making sure to be quiet as she walked to him, but also kept her distance. Just seeing him punching the bag furiously, she had wondered what was on his mind. "Mr. Rogers, I think you should take a small break," she spoke, using her stern voice when she was ordering people around.

The opening ceremony to the Stark Expo was amazing, even Sabrina had to admit that. She was standing in the audience, not visible to Tony from his place on the stage. Although, she doubted he would have even recognized her now. In the months that she'd been gone, Sabrina has taken to wearing contacts and had her bottom lip pierced.

331d43a3271be9edad5fd7d60fa36864.jpg

The contacts were at the constant behest of her mother's nagging and the lip ring was a small way to rebel against the very same person. Sabrina watched as Tony left the stage and even as he turned away to leave, Sabrina caught the panicked expression on his face. She knew her theory was right; Tony was in trouble.

Knowing that made her angry. He was supposed to have called her! She even told him to do so and he'd ignored her! Sabrina would have a lot to say when they crossed paths again. She followed Tony as he met up with Happy, his bodyguard, and they headed towards the hallway.

Sabrina struggled to get through the crowd of people all hoping to snag Tony's attention, including a few women that specifically wore revealing clothing just for that extra edge. "Tony! Tony!" Sabrina shouted, but her voice was lost among the mass of other people.

She was running out of time. Tony and Happy were almost to the car and some other woman was waiting there for them. Sabrina knew she had a very limited window of opportunity. Just as the woman handed Happy a letter demanding Tony's presence in Washington, Sabrina broke through the crowd and shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Anthony Edward Stark, you bloody twat!"

In the car, Happy looked around in confusion. "Did you hear something?"

* * *​
The gym was a place where Steve could totally relax and unleash his frustrations. Everyone always sees him so composed and perfectly level-headed, but he does have a darker side to him. He's not the type of person to let his anger be seen or displayed to others, though. That type of behavior should be kept secret and hidden away. Especially from Beatrix. He never wants to subject her to that side of his personality.

Which is the punching bag is perfect tool for him. It allows Steve to vent his pent up rage and release it without causing any physical damage to anything or anyone. Of course, his hands get bloody every now and again. He's even gone so far as to break a finger or two, but that's a small price to pay.

With Beatrix having been gone on a new mission in Mexico, he hadn't been allowed to tag along and was irritated by that command, Steve spent most of his free time working out. The evidence could be seen on his improved physical structure. Another words, Steve has bulked himself up a bit more than Beatrix might even remember.

Steve continued his routine and was completely oblivious to the fact that Beatrix had joined him in the room. He was lost to a trance, only focused on his target. However, the moment her lips parted and she spoke her voice aloud for him to hear, Steve dropped his hands and turned to her direction.

She was dressed in a stylish dress and wore heels that made her closer to his height. Her hair was the same as he recalled and she looked just as beautiful as before. No, actually, she was even more lovely than that. He smiled immediately, drying his brow off with a towel and tossed it on his shoulder.

"Beatrix?" It felt amazing to say her name aloud. "How was the mission?" He couldn't stop grinning like an idiot. This was a perfect surprise and he couldn't have been happier. "I-I'm sorry about this," he awkwardly gestured to his slightly sweaty skin. "Otherwise I'd hug you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony just sat in the car, looking up at the woman. Of course he was going to be called to Washington, of course. Perfect timing too. This was all in sarcasm of course. Oh well, the man had a plan. When didn't he? As soon as he was going to ask Happy a question, he heard his full name being yelled out. He couldn't miss it. Not everyone knew his full name, only a few select did. So, he looked at every direction. Then he saw the woman who he recognized, well, sort of recognized.

"Sabrina?" he asked, unsure if it was her or not. He wasn't used to her not wearing contacts, and she had a lip piercing. That was new. Then he looked at the woman that delivered the letter, then at Sabrina. "Get in the car, we are going." He didn't really want to waste any time, especially when he was being stared at by the woman with the badge.

---

"It was strange to say the least," Beatrix spoke about the mission, shrugging her shoulders. She looked him over, seeing that his whole physical appearance gotten bigger. He looked good, no denying that. "There was some weird activity going on that I needed to figure out with Coulson. We came to find out there is life beyond this world and it's a strange concept that I shouldn't get into because of classified information." Fury didn't want her to speak about it to others, but she trusted Steve with knowing some information.

She gave him a smile, and handed him the water bottle that was in her hand. "Since you are all sweaty, I want you to go and shower," she told him, "I want to take you somewhere fun, and teach you something as we do this activity. Also, I want you to dress sharp."

Sabrina was baffled, to say the least. "Wait...what?" She was suddenly forced into the car by Happy, although he was gentle and considerate. "Tony," the woman growled in irritation. "We need to talk."

Happy cut in, "Don't tell me he fathered your kid?"

Sabrina blanched, immediately insulted by Happy's insinuation. "No! We haven't even had sex!"

That made no sense to Happy. A beautiful, strikingly accented young woman that knew his boss's full name and she hasn't slept with him? Happy had to wonder. "Are you a lesbian?"

Sabrina leaned through the space between the two front seats and ignored the bumbling idiot to her left. "Tony, I know what's happening to you and we need to..."

She was cut off as the car started towards the road. The force caused her to fall back into the seat and sighed in annoyance with crossed arms.

Steve accepted the offered water bottle eagerly, popping the cap and drank it quickly. He listened to her words, but honestly was confused when she spoke about her mission. Without the full details, which she couldn't give him, her explanation made little to no sense for him.

To be honest, he was just glad she came back without any injuries or complications. He gave a playful salute when she ordered him to the showers. When she mentioned wanting him to dress sharp, though, Steve gave a puzzled look.

"Is it something important?"

Tony didn't want to get into what Happy had said. Yes, it was strange that he didn't have sex with her, but there was good reason for that. He actually respected her as a woman, and she didn't throw herself at him like other women did. That was what he respected, and he wasn't going to risk ruining a relationship, or friendship. He didn't know what they were, to be honest. They just shared kisses, passionate kisses, that was it.

"We can't talk now," Tony told her, glancing at her through the rear view mirror. "But I am really happy to see you, I really am. We are just on a schedule, you know. Gotta make an appearance. Happy, go ahead and text Pepper to tell her that we are on the way to D.C."

He paid his attention to the road, his mind was running crazy. Like little hamsters were running full speed on their little wheels. That was how his mind was right now.

---

Beatrix gave him a wink when he asked that question. "You will see when we get there, Steve, now hurry and go get ready," she told him, giving him a soft push so he could start walking out of the gym. Since it was her first night back with Steve from her mission, she wanted the both of them to have some fun. "Oh, on a second note, a pair of nice slacks and a nice t-shirt will do, you also have to be comfortable with what you are wearing for what we are going to do."

She had a list of things that she wanted to do with Steve, and this was the first thing that she wrote down on the list. She waited for the right time to do this one thing. Hopefully he would like the surprise, and she had this feeling that he would.

Happy wasn't sure just what kind of relationship his boss and this woman had, but he knew it was something special from the way Tony actually seemed to care about her. He isn't like that with people, especially women. When Sabrina quieted herself down in the backseat, her eyes a mixture of various emotions reflecting in the rear view mirror, Happy almost felt uncomfortable.

"Tony," Sabrina spoke up once again, this time leaning forward towards the back of his seat. She gently held onto his shoulders from behind and whispered beside his ear. Happy wouldn't hear, but he watched them curiously. "I'm really happy to see you again, love."

Then she leaned back into her seat and stayed silent the rest of the drive. Despite Happy trying to make casual conversation. She wasn't interested.

Steve didn't protest with Beatrix. Instead, he obeyed and went straight to the showers. He made sure to shave his face while washing himself off. He's not a fan of stubble or facial hair.

Afterwards, he quickly picked up a casual, yet formal and stylish suit from the locker Fury permitted him to have in the gym. Steve hurried with lacing his shoes, but wasn't able to successful master the art of tying a tie properly.

He'd chosen a dark blue fancy shirt, black formal pants a matching suit jacket to complete the look. Sadly, his white tie just wasn't working with him today. Steve struggled for a few more minutes until finally just admitting defeat and tossed it aside. His unbuttoned the first couple buttons of his shirt, going more casual with the entire look.

"So, shall we go?" Steve emerged, having sprayed a few spurts of cologne he'd bought in Beatrix's absence. He didn't wear it while she was gone. It was something only for her to enjoy.

Tony watched her from the rear view mirror for a moment, then he glanced at Happy. Of course the man was curious. Happy never have seen her before, nor has Tony ever really spoke about her. Lately there were things that Tony always failed to mention because his mind was running crazy, especially with him on the risk of dying. No one knew about that part, but probably Sabrina did.

When she whispered in his ear, he gave a smile. Glad that she was happy to see him as well. He listened as Happy started to blab about a few things, and Tony was just amused because he knew that she wasn't interested. This drive was going to be awhile since it was about 50, or so, miles away. Well, it wasn't that bad of a drive.

---

Beatrix looked down at her phone when Steve was getting ready, and then looked up to see him walking out. She smiled, standing up from the seat she was sitting in. "You look handsome," she told him, soon smelling the cologne on him. "And that cologne of yours compliments you very well." He cleaned up really nicely.

"Let's go," she told him, placing her hand in his and tugged him to follow behind.

She brought him down to the vehicle that was waiting out in front for them. Their driver opened the door for them, allowing them to get in before he shut the door and got into the driver's spot, soon starting to drive.

"It's nice to not drive for once," she told Steve with a small chuckle, still holding onto his hand.

Immediately when they got to Washington, after a quick stop at a hotel so Tony could change his attire, Sabrina tried to speak with him whenever possible. Happy was starting to get annoyed and intersected her from following Tony into the meeting."Just who are you to him?"

Sabrina frowned, not entirely sure herself. "I'm his friend. He means very much to me and he's in danger. Only he's too much of a bloody twit to understand that!" She screamed the last part, watching with narrowed eyes as Tony walked into the room with the audience, camera and board of directors.

"You need to calm down, miss." Happy ordered, gently holding her by the shoulders. He didn't get the severity of the situation. After the meeting was over and Tony emerged with a crowd following him, Sabrina took this chance. She pushed through everyone and grabbed onto his arm.

"Tony, we need to talk now." She was serious, not willing to wait any longer. They got into the car he'd been driving and she waited for a few minutes while he pulled into traffic. Happy and Pepper followed behind them in another car, only then did Sabrina realize that Tony had been driving her's this entire time. A small part of her heart swelled with pride. However, she tossed that aside and focused again. "Tony, does Pepper know?"

An hour later they were at their destination. Of course, Steve still had no idea where this car was taking them, but he enjoyed the ride. Beatrix didn't have to bother with driving them around and he could cherish the warmth of her hand. She was still holding his and Steve wasn't about to complain.

"You really have me confused, Beatrix." He confessed, excitement coursing through his veins. He was anxious to know what she had planned for them and couldn't wait much longer. The car slowly came to a stop and the driver opened both of their doors for them.

Steve stepped out, eyes widening at the site that he saw before him. He quickly joined Beatrix's side, taking her hand again happily and almost subconsciously.

Everything went by with a blur, and Tony was proud to put that meeting to a close with his incredible hacking skills. As the meeting was over, it was time to go back to New York. Nonstop on the road, that was what was going to happen. He just anted to go home and relax for awhile before having to go to another big meeting. Whenever that may be.

When Sabrina sat next to him in the car, he was silent for a moment. "Pepper doesn't know anything at all," he told her finally, letting out a sigh. He was trying to focus on the road, as well as glance at the woman beside her. "Pepper shouldn't know. You know, I might do something crazy tomorrow. I don't know, it is just a feeling." That crazy feeling was indeed just crazy, but he was going to let it happen tomorrow. That was all that he could do.

"I apologize for not calling," he said after he cleared his throat. "Things just got in the way."

He knew that wasn't an excuse though.

---

Beatrix got out of the vehicle with Steve, thanking the driver before she brought Steve into the building. She wasn't going to say anything until he saw with his eyes. As they went further in, there was music playing and laughter. That was when she brought him to a room that people were dancing in, and a live band was playing some swing music. They were at a dance club that had a retro feel to it.

"Well, surprise," she told him, giving him a smile. "I am going to teach you how to dance tonight. It's going to be a grand time."

"Hello Beatrix," came a woman's voice, walking up to them. She had blonde hair that was up in a similar fashion as Beatrix's hair, and brilliant blue eyes. She was also dressed like a retro pin up. She glanced at Steve. "Oh, who is this handsome man?"

"This is Steve," Beatrix introduced.

"Tony," Sabrina reached her hand over to him and held gently onto his forearm. "You're experiencing a psychological anxiety from the palladium core failing to sustain your body." Despite not sharing his exact knowledge, Sabrina is incredibly intelligent in her own regard. "I don't like the behavior I've seen lately from you, love, I'm worried."

Sabrina waited until they got back to his place in Malibu. It was a long drive and exhausting, but Sabrina managed to stay awake the entire time. She didn't trust Tony to drive without supervision. When they reached his estate and parked the car, Pepper immediately headed straight for Tony.

However, he was already in his lab and Sabrina was waiting in her car alone. Happy walked by, seeing her and opened the car door. She smiled, thanking him and walked into the estate. JARVIS seemed to remember her, greeting her upon entry. "Hello Jarvis, nice to be back."

"Good to have you back, Miss Ryder."

Downstairs, Tony was inserting a new core into his Reactor when Pepper entered her code and came into his workshop. JARVIS had alerted Tony before Pepper came in, though, giving him time to hide the evidence of his pain and discomfort.

"What is going on with you!?" Pepper was furious. "You donated our entire modern art collection to the boy scouts of America? Have you lost your mind, Tony? I have so many things to do right now and you're not helping with all of this." She followed him as he wandered and paced around the shop, refusing to speak with her directly. "The Expo is a waste of time! It's your ego on steroids! I'm trying to run Stark Industries and I..."

This club was everything Steve could have ever asked for. It was wonderful, absolutely perfect in every possible way. When Beatrix introduced him to a lovely woman with blond hair and style of dress that flattered her frame, he politely extended his hand and smiled. "It's a pleasure, ma'am."

Despite this woman's undoubted allure, Steve kept his attention on none other than Beatrix. He hesitantly moved his arm around her waist and held her closely. Steve was shy, but daring at the same time. If Beatrix was at all uncomfortable with his movements, all she'd have to do is say something and he'd stop immediately.

"I can see now why you wanted me to dress appropriately," Steve laughed, glancing around the room. He was the most under dressed, but still looked fashionable. At least, Beatrix thought so and that's all that matters to him. The music was exciting and he couldn't wait to join the others on the floor. His former life, back then, was not a time when Steve had the confidence to dance.

However, with Beatrix acting as his gal, he'd happily set himself up for embarrassment if it meant a dance with her. Steve bent down and bowed slightly, offering his hand with a huge smile at his lips. "Well, may I have this dance?"

Tony spun around in his seat, getting up as Pepper came to scold him about giving the boy scouts the entire modern collection. Oh well, what done was done. He told Sabrina that he was going to do something crazy, and he never knew what it was. It was just the fact that he was dying made him want to do these crazy things. Sabrina's explanation was right, even if he didn't want to admit it.

As Pepper ranted, he was thinking something in his head. "Yes, I know you are trying to run Stark Industries..." he repeated, allowing her to speak more. "That is why you should run it. Just be quiet for a moment because I am trying to make you the CEO of Stark Industries and you aren't allowing me to do that."

Yeah, he was going crazy, but at the same time, Pepper had the better health to run Stark Industries. He was just ruining it in some way. So, making her the CEO was the best option.

---

When Steve put his arm around her waist, she gave a warm smile. It made her feel like that they were together, but not in a friend sense. He was more daring with his movements, and she enjoyed that. She always told him not to be shy, but he always managed to do that. It just took time. So, she did a bold move, going on her tip toes slightly to reach his cheek to place a chaste kiss there.

Beatrix then looked at the dancing couples, watching them dance and have fun. The music was fun and very exciting, as it always has been. She was glad that she found this club years ago. It was always filled with classy people who liked the same things as her, and it just fit in with Steve's old era. It was perfect.

When he offered her a dance, she grinned and took his hand. "I thought you would never ask," she told him, letting a small laugh escape her lips. Then off to the dance floor they went.

Pepper was completely dumbfounded by Tony's announcement. She never in million years even considered that he'd ever transfer the company to her control. Pepper just resigned herself to always being the assistant. Yet, now thanks to Tony's selfless action, she would be made the CEO of his entire company.

As Tony went to pour two glasses of champagne, Pepper collapsed gently into a nearby chair and couldn't stop herself from smiling. "This isn't a joke, right?" She had to be cautious. After being reassured by Tony's sincerity, Pepper was elated and drank the half filled glass happily. "Thank you so much, Tony!" She couldn't hide her excitement.

Outside of the workshop, standing at the doorway, was Sabrina. She gently knocked on the glass, unable to recall the entrance code. However, JARVIS was kind enough to let her inside. Knowing that she posed no risk to Tony or Pepper. Sabrina quietly thanked JARVIS beneath her breath and approached the couple hesitantly.

She was expecting Pepper to be upset with her presence, but the red-haired woman surprised the Brit. Pepper's joyous attitude couldn't be helped. She merely waved to Sabrina and asked, "Can I help you?"

Sabrina smiled, relaxing a tad. "I need to speak with Tony, it's very urgent."

Without questioning her motives, Pepper left Sabrina and Tony alone in the workshop. Once Pepper was gone, Sabrina quickly walked over to Tony and stood with crossed arms beneath her chest. "Enough games, Tony. Show me the Reactor, now." She wasn't giving him a choice.

Momentary brain function was delayed after he received a kiss to his cheek by Beatrix. His skin burned and brightened instantly. Steve tried to dismiss the anxious bundle of nerves that had settled within his stomach and focused on guiding Beatrix out to he dance floor.

Other couples were kind enough to move themselves out of range and allowed them to have a reasonable amount of space. Steve missed this kind of consideration in society. Judging by the last few months, Steve has come to realize that common decency is on the decline in this century.

It took Steve a moment to recall the moves from memory, but soon he was gliding Beatrix across the floor and successfully timed his movements correctly. Steve couldn't recall the last time he'd had so much fun. With shining eyes beneath the lightening, he found himself semi-mesmerized by Beatrix as she danced. Her body swayed and shifted perfectly in sync.

She was his friend, but Steve wouldn't object to being more. However, considering they're both agents of SHIELD and he's technically declared dead, he knew it wouldn't be so simple.

Tony was glad that Pepper was happy. She was pretty much the common sense of the industry, so it made sense for him to give her all of the power. All he did was design things to make them better, or whatever they needed. He wasn't much of a leader, and Pepper was exactly that. That was why he chose her of all the people. He trusted her because they have known each other for years, and she knew every thing about the company.

When Sabrina walked inside the shop, his eyes widened at her demand. "Fine, fine," he told her, not wanting to argue with her. Soon he lifted up his shirt to show her the patterns that were left on his chest. The Reactor was killing him, just like JARVIS has said moments before. Honestly Tony didn't want to believe it, and he was just joking around most of the time even if it was serious.

---

Beatrix had a smile on her face when she danced with Steve, allowing him to lead the dances to the best of his knowledge. This was quite fun, and she has never had this much fun at this place. All because she had a wonderful partner to dance with. Then the band slowed down the music after a couple of songs, making it become a slow dance to easily sway to.

"And shall we have this dance?" she questioned with a smile on her face, glancing up into his blue eyes. Even if she asked, she wasn't taking no for an answer. So, what she did was slide one of her hands on his shoulder and the other held one of his hands after placing his other on her waist. Slow dancing had always been her favorite since it was usually intimate between two people. It just felt right.

Sabrina was horrified as she saw the disfiguring veins on Tony's chest. It was worse than she had thought. This had to have been going on for quite some time for it to reach such a severe degree of progression. Anger boiled beneath Sabrina's composed facade. If Tony wasn't already dying, she'd see to it herself for not informing her sooner!

"Tony," Sabrina gasped sadly, gently letting her fingers trace the elaborate design. "Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped before it got this serious. I-I don't know if I can help you now. I never expected for it to take action so quickly." Yinsen hadn't warned her about that.

As Sabrina continued tracing the lines with her fingertips, she glanced up to Tony with moist eyes and a single tear rolled down her cheek. "You're dying, Tony." Saying those weird felt so wrong, almost like a heinous crime. Sabrina firmly tugged his shirt down, not able to endure the sight any loner. She embraced Tony without warning, holding him tightly and let her hands clench the fabric of his shirt across his back.

Dancing slowly and intimately with Beatrix had been a secret fantasy of Steve's since she left for her mission. Actually now having the opportunity to do exactly what he'd wanted for so long, it was so precious. He enjoyed every second and couldn't avert his eyes from her own. Even when his cheeks burned darkly and he felt feverish as a result.

Suddenly the song ended, but they remained in the same position. Acting entirely through his instincts, Steve cautiously leaned downwards and closed his eyes. All he wanted was one kiss. A single kiss from the woman he treasured. They may have only known each other for a few months, but in that time they've learned more about each other than most people do in years.

Just as their lips were about to touch, another sound began playing loudly. Steve jolted in surprise, jerking himself straight up and looked around with widened eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.