The Man With a Suit & The Soldier of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony gave a smirk as she almost spilled on herself. It was mean of him to just stand there and watch, but he was highly amused that she freaked out because he said something. Oh well, there was more of that to come if she planned to stay with him for two weeks. It would be interesting if she did stay with him for the remainder of the time that she was going to be here. Well, it would be convenient if she did.

He poured himself a cup of coffee before he sat at the table, and he rolled his eyes at the added nickname. He knew that she was British, but he heard that come from people's mouths a lot. "What made you decide to make breakfast?" he questioned, looking down at the food for a moment and then looked up at her. "You plan to tell me some bad news?"

After taking a sip of his coffee, he looked up at her with a serious look. "You aren't pregnant, right?"

He was such a comedian when he wanted to be.

---

Beatrix gave him a smile as he allowed her to enter the apartment, and she gave it a quick look around before she looked at him. At the mention that he was thinking of her, that made her smile linger on her face. "Oh, is that so?" she asked, heading over to the coffee pot in the kitchen after setting her purse down. This man wouldn't know how to make coffee, so she was just going to do it for him.

She placed a coffee filter inside of it, and then looked around for the ground coffee. When she found it, she measured out how much she needed in the pot then put the ground coffee away and soon measured out the water. After all of that was done, she hit the start and leaned back against the counter facing Steve.

"And why were you thinking of me?" she then questioned, her eyebrow rose slightly. "Did you miss me that much?"

"Pregnant!?" Sabrina exclaimed, widened eyes and mouth agape. "Don't even joke about that!" Children are the last thing Sabrina wants. Also, it's kinda impossible for her to even be pregnant. There's no possible way for it to have happened. "The last time I was intimate with someone was over four years ago," she huffed, cutting into her waffles.

Unlike Tony, Sabrina doesn't socialize much with others and this includes dating. She isn't desperate for a man's touch either, she's quite comfortable being single and alone. "Hush your mouth, Tony." Sabrina teased, swallowing the thick mass of chewed waffles. "Now, about your Arc Reactor." Time to get down to business.

Sabrina left for a moment, setting her dirty dishes in the sink and absentmindedly began washing them. So accustomed to living alone, she forgot that the house was not her own. Sabrina didn't realize until the dishes were already cleaned. She didn't care, though.

"First things first, Tony." She walked back over, standing in front of his chair with both hands at her hips. "I need to examine the Arc Reactor without any layers, so remove your shirt please."

Indeed he did miss her, but his attention was briefly sidetracked by her witchcraft with the coffee maker. It wasn't long before the lovely and delicious aroma of freshly brewed grinds wafted through the air. Steve was hypnotized, seeming to drift over to the coffee pot and poured himself a cuppa.

"Wow!" He'd never tasted something so rich. "Thanks, ma'am." Her name was still forgotten on his tongue.

Steve lingered at the coffee pot, readying himself for another glass. When she asked her question, Steve just blushed and averted his eyes nervously. "You're the only friend I have in this world right now." Not that he cared, truly. She was a delight to have around, brightening his day.

"So, where are we going today?" He was looking forward to anything.

Tony just laughed at her reaction. Oh, now he knew that she was going to be easy to mess with for these next couple of days. He tried messing around with Pepper, but she was always too serious or she never found his jokes amusing. Oh well, he still did them. The man didn't really care to hold anything back. He was Tony Stark. The man did what ever he wanted to do.

When she started to wash the dirty dishes, he just shrugged. She was allowed to do whatever she wanted because she tended to take charge over situations anyway. Then it was down to business. "I just woke up and you want to start working now?" he questioned, giving out a sigh. "Also, I don't want to take my shirt off in the kitchen. It's like saying that I don't have any table manners." She probably didn't want to hear him joking around, but he chose to do it to keep things light.

---

Beatrix gave a grin after pouring herself a cup of coffee. She put creamer and sugar in before she took a slow sip of the coffee, making sure not to burn her mouth with the hot liquid. "You're welcome," she responded, and soon took another sip before setting it down on the kitchen counter. Coffee was how she normally woke up in the morning, so she was glad that Fury decided to add a coffee maker in Steve's apartment.

"Having one friend is enough in this world, trust me," she told him. She didn't have friends, but she had colleagues. Hanging out was never an option for her because she was taught that anyone could betray her. Trust was hard to give when it came to Beatrix. She was back-stabbed one too many times, so she just ended her ties with everyone. Which is why she liked being out by herself on the field.

"I was thinking of something easy today," she mentioned, brushing her hair out of her face. "Since I overloaded your mind with stuff yesterday, we can take it easy for a moment."

She went to sit at the table, bringing her purse and the cup of coffee. As she pulled out a notebook from her purse, she motioned him to sit across from her. "We are going to make a list of the things that you want to learn about or do."

Tony wasn't behaving. In fact, he was making the situation extremely difficult with his defiance. However, Sabrina just played along. Wearing a sly smirk, Sabrina teased him right back,"Shall we find a more suitable environment then, darling?"

Sabrina reached forward, latching onto Tony's forearms and tugged him forward. "We don't have time to waste." That wasn't an exaggeration. She knew his body could easily be poisoned at any second, should the Arc Reactor fail to operate. Sabrina managed to force Tony into a stance, guiding him to the staircase which lead downstairs to his shop.

"Come now, Tony." She saw his displeasure and giggled lightly. "I just want a quick peek and then I'll leave you alone for the remainder of the day, alright?" Of course, she'd be back later. For the next two weeks, Tony would be having frequent visits from her.

Beatrix had a clever idea. Writing a list of things that he'd like to learn about, it was a brilliant plan. Steve joined her at the table and immediately set his mind to work. So many options passed through his head, but Steve wasn't able to catch them in time. He struggled to select five and recited them to Beatrix carefully.

"I'm really curious about movies." Picture shows were not that popular during his time and he never really had the opportunity to see one properly. He often wondered what this movies would be like now, in the modern era. Steve is a simple man with simple pleasures and seeing a movie with Beatrix seemed to be ideal for him.

"Is it possible to arrange a visit to the theater?"

"You just gotta make a light of the situation," Tony suggested, shrugging his shoulders. He drank more of his coffee, and then following her down the stairs to his shop with a look of distaste. "You don't have to be so serious all of the time, it doesn't seem to suit you that well." Of course he knew why she was being serious and super uptight about everything, but she didn't have to be. Oh well though, that was how she was and he couldn't change it.

"And fine, you may look at it as long as you promise that you are going to stay with me today," he told her, crossing his arms over his chest. This was some sly ploy to get her to stay and help him with other things. As much as he didn't need the help, it was going to be nice having company for a change. Might as well stick together if she was in the middle of saving his life.

---

Beatrix had a feeling that he was going to suggest something like that, and it wasn't a bad idea either. It has been awhile since she has seen a movie on the big screen because she was always working. Now that she had the time with Steve, she could do just that. "We can do that today, if you would like?" she suggested, looking up at him with a smile. It would be a little fun thing to do rather than boring him with facts about history.

"Movies today are really different than how they were back in your time," she told him, starting a little mini lesson that was actually fun to know about. "Now in age there is something called 3D, which stands for three dimensional. The screen looks like it is popping out, almost like you could grab it. It's fun to experience at least once."

"Stay with you?" His request startled Sabrina, she hadn't been expecting it. "Don't tell me you've fallen for me already, Tony?" She teased, tapping his nose playfully with the tip of her index finger. "The famous ladies man having set his sights on lowly little me?" Sabrina chuckled, turning curtly on her heel and walked into the shop. "Sure, why not? I can linger here for a while if you'd like." She agreed, waving a hand behind her.

"So, let's get started then, yeah?" She stopped at one of his various tables, selecting a few devices and waited for him to be seated. Once he removed his shirt, Sabrina kneeled to the ground and placed herself between his legs. She's a very....hands on type of person. Once level with his Arc Reactor, Sabrina examined it carefully for any malfunctions.

Her fingers lightly graced the sides, gently touching Tony's bare chest and stomach accidentally. Sabrina didn't seem to pay any attention to their rather suggestive position. All her focus remained on the task at hand.

Beatrix amused Steve with the idea of 3D movies, which he was extremely excited to see for the first time. Not really caring what movie they went to see, Steve got himself ready and was at the doorway waiting for Beatrix. The anticipation of seeing such a thrilling event had Steve on his toes, not literally. The last time he went to see a movie, it had ended horribly.

This time, however, Steve was hoping for the best. He followed Beatrix out to the car and got into the passenger's side. Another thing he needed to learn was modern driving, but that could wait till after the movie. Steve has driven before, but vehicles of the past are quite different from what people operate now.

"Are you sure this is alright?" He didn't want to have Beatrix suffer through a movie if she wasn't interested.

If anyone were to walk into his shop at this moment, they would think badly of the situation. He was shirtless, a woman was between his legs and she was touching him. Of course this didn't make him feel awkward. All he knew was that she was there to help him with his Reactor. Though to anyone else it would probably look like she had other intentions, especially when she had her hands on his chest and stomach.

"We tend to get in these suggestive positions," he teased, looking down at her as she focused on the Reactor on his chest. "We might as well do something about this."

Tony was only kidding, just a little. Or a lot. No one could ever tell with him because he could easily hide when he was kidding with someone. Just like how he was with Pepper.

---

Beatrix started the car, and looked over at Steve when he asked his question. "Yes, of course it is alright," she told him with a smile. She waited for him to get in the vehicle before she drove in the direction of the nearest theater. "I haven't stepped foot in a movie theater in over six years because of my job refraining me to do so. I don't mind it though, I get to watch the movies on the television once in awhile."

Ever since she became an agent, everything was ripped from her so she could train to become the best agent. Fury never allowed her to have time to herself or else she will lose her touch, as she would interpret. So, now she had free reign to do whatever she was. She was the teacher, and she could do whatever she wanted. A field trip to the movies wouldn't be that bad anyway.

Sabrina turned her attention away from the Arc Reactor, lifting her eyes to Tony and smirked teasingly. "Before we get into that," she winked slyly, "Let's work on saving your life first." At least she has priorities. Sabrina continued observing the Reactor, not finding any immediate threats to Tony's safety. "I suspect the poisoning much be related to the core of the Reactor, but I don't feel comfortable removing just yet."

The Reactor is essentially Tony's heart, a very precious thing and should be treated with the utmost care. She knows how dangerous it could be if something were to go wrong. Even a small accident, it could cost him the very life she's trying to save.

Suddenly, the doors opened and Pepper walked into the shop with a rather annoyed expression. She saw the two in their suggestive position and scoffed, shoulders tightening. "Miss Ryder, I can't have you being such a constant distraction to Tony. He has things to do and you're just delaying him with all this..."

Sabrina rose from her knees, hands defensively in the air. "Pepper, I was just checking his Reactor."

"I don't care," Pepper snapped, walking forwards angrily. "Obviously he's fine and doesn't need your help. The Reactor is acting perfectly and so whatever you were told was a lie or misunderstanding."

It may not have been intentional, but Pepper just insulted Yinsen's research with her words. Sabrina's eyes narrowed from behind her glasses, hands tightening into fists and she inhaled deeply to keep from exploding.

"Fine," she agreed, discarding the bathrobe and tossed it to the floor. Her black shorts and sports top leaving little to be unseen. "I'll leave. I'll go back to England. However, when Tony's body starts going into toxic shock from the Reactor failing to keep the shards of shrapnel from his heart...you give me a call. When Tony's writhing on the floor, pale as a ghost, blood escaping from his eyes and ears while enduring tremendous pain, you let me know how you're handling it."

Sabrina stormed out of the shop, grabbing her bag and flagged down a cab. She was gone.

Steve had to wonder why someone like her would be so driven to be an excellent agent. Beatrix could have been anything in the world and yet she settled on working for Shield. However, he recalled her story from before and knew she had valid reasons for why she's chosen this career. Steve, on the other hand, isn't sure if he's suited be an agent or not.

Well it's true that he's built and designed for such tasks, Steve no longer has a reason for why he's involved. Back in his era, Steve wanted to fight in order to protect those innocent souls targeted by the war. To his current knowledge, there is no war happening in this world.

Suddenly, a loud and rather high pitched ringing shrieked through the air. The source seemed to be the phone near Beatrix. When she opened it, Steve could hear Fury's voice on the other line. Apparently something him riled up, his language was more colorful than usual.

Along the conversation, Steve managed to hear key words and put the situation together. Kidnapping, bomb threat, terrorists, children and his own name. Steve's body immediately went into autopilot, readying himself for a mission.

When Beatrix hung up the phone, she had the eyes of the solider staring at her curiously. "What's going on?"

The movies would have to wait for another day.

The whole thing between Pepper and Sabrina happened way too quickly, Tony didn't know what to do. If he got in between that, he would have probably got his head chopped off or something like that. He learned not to get in between women and their quarrels, especially when they both weren't fans of each other.

What Pepper didn't know probably hurt her, and it hurt him because he didn't want to worry the woman. She thought that he was okay, but then it wasn't okay. As Sabrina got fed up with Pepper, he watched her. All of the words that she said made him worry, and he hoped that Pepper was speechless through the whole thing. Now she would know that he wasn't okay, now she was going to worry about him more often.

When Sabrina started to leave, he tried to reach for her, but it was too late. She left him quickly before he could yell for her. He put on his shirt, then headed upstairs, leaving Pepper down at the workshop.

"Sabrina!" he shouted, heading outside and then looked around. She was gone.

---

When Beatrix got the call, she furrowed her eyebrows. This was very strange. Why did Fury call on her? Perhaps all his other agents were busy doing something else. Her assignment with Steve could be put on hold at any given time. It just confused her, and it made her riled up. She hung up the phone and looked at Steve.

"We are being pulled into the field," she told him sternly, grabbing her things and heading to the door. "Let's suit up, we have business to tend to. Get dressed and I will meet you downstairs at my car."

With that, she left his apartment to go to hers so she could change. She was sure as hell not going to be saving people in heels and a skirt. So, she went straight to her own apartment and changed into something more suitable. It was a full suit like Natasha wore when she was on the field. After she got ready, she went down the stairs to head to the car, waiting on Steve to be ready.

The Brit was already long gone by the time that Tony called out to her. She had managed to get a taxi and was headed back to her hotel in the city. Having a confrontation with Pepper had put her in a very foul mindset. She needed to go home, putting distance between herself and the angered assistant.

Pepper followed Tony, huffing in her annoyance. "I don't even know why you care about her at all, Tony." She wasn't trying to be rude, although it probably came across that way. "You have work to do. She was just a distraction. Besides, I've been reading up on her while you were busy. She's not someone I want you to associate with. She has problems of her own."

Meanwhile, at the hotel, Sabrina reached for a large bottle of Rum and began drinking glass after glass. She felt horrible, torn between anger and depression. The last thing she wanted was to cause Tony any trouble and yet her very presence seemed to upset Pepper.

Although he didn't have his former uniform from the past, Steve dressed himself entirely in black and wore clothing that wouldn't restrict his movement. T-shirt, leather jacket, jeans and combat boots were the most useful choices in his limited closet. He actually missed his old uniform and would have to ask about having it reconstructed when there was an opportunity.

He joined Beatrix, somewhat startled when he saw her in the professional gear. She seemed like a different person entirely. Steve jogged over, reaching her location in a few steps. "So, where are we going?" He usually was briefed before a mission, but Nick Fury does things quite differently.

Steve was actually kinda glad to be going back into the field. It's where he's most comfortable. He was built for this kind of thing, it's routine for him. Steve tightened the fingerless gloves on his hands, the leather constricting around his knuckles.

Tony let out a long sigh, and ran his hand through his hair. When Pepper walked out to explain herself, he just looked at her. "Did you not hear what she said, Pepper?" he questioned, looking at the woman. He wasn't yelling at her or anything, he was just disappointed with how everything that happened. "She is here to help me, not sleep with me. She may have problems of her own, but she came all of this way to help me figure out what is wrong with the Reactor"

He didn't want to get into it with Pepper, so he just walked inside. "JARVIS, can you scan the database and find the hotel Sabrina is in?" he questioned. The AI told him that he as going to be on it right away, and Tony knew that the computer would find her quickly.

He felt that Pepper needed to apologize, but he wasn't going to try to get an apology from her.

---

"There is a bomb threat, and Fury is sending us in to tame it down," Beatrix told him, giving him the run down before they went to the area. She unlocked her car, reaching into the glove box and getting an ear piece. She handed it over to him. "Put this in your ear and you will be able to hear what I say. Before you do anything, make sure to check in with me first. I will be breaking into the building, then you will follow my command to the best of your abilities."

She looked at him, placing her hands on her hips. "I have been doing this for years, so I know what I am doing," she told him, soon motioning him to get into the car. "We just got to be careful because we do have hostages, and I don't want anything to happen to their lives."

As soon as they both got into the car, she drove off to the direction of the building that was under terrorist control. They neared the building, and SHIELD agents, as well as officers, were around. They allowed her to drive on location of the building that was more like a warehouse than anything else.

"Agent Nimitz, there are a couple of hostages and a lot of terrorists that are surrounding the building so no one gets in," someone told her as they arrived to the location.

She looked at him, then gave a small grin. "We will see about that."

Jarvis was able to locate Sabrina's hotel without much delay. He transferred the information to Tony's phone and answered him from the house speakers. "Location found, directions have been sent to your phone, sir."

Pepper followed behind Tony, angered and it showed in her reddened cheeks. "Tony, she's not a doctor. If something is seriously wrong, let's get you to someone that actually knows the trade." She didn't want to trust her friend's life in Sabrina's hands. Pepper doesn't trust Sabrina.

Steve followed her directions and didn't ask questions. He trusted her command. When they reached the building, a familiar adrenaline rush coursed through Steve's veins. He immediately was drawn back into the mindset of a solider.

Steve left the vehicle, staying close to Beatrix and kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. A mission made him more comfortable, but he knew it was important to stay focused. If they failed, innocent lives would be lost to this criminal's actions. He waited for Beatrix's orders, allowing her to decide on their plan of attack.

"Thank you, JARVIS," Tony mentioned, taking a quick glance at his phone as he got the message. He then looked up at Pepper, a sigh escaped his lips. Of course she didn't trust Sabrina since she was new and was prodding around his Reactor. No one else would understand the way his Reactor worked because he built it with Yinsen and Sabrina. He also didn't want his business being floated around.

"Pepper, she is the one who helped me construct the Reactor," he reminded, looking at the woman in front of him. "You may not trust her, but I do. She was the one who saved my life, and I do owe her a lot for doing so. She is the reason why I am still living, so of course I trust her. Take my word for it."

He then grabbed his jacket, placing it on before he headed to the garage. "You may think what you want, but I should go find her."

---

"Any blue prints of the area?" Beatrix questioned, having an authoritative tone in her voice this time around. She commanded units before, so she did know what she was doing. People followed her lead because Fury wanted them to. Along with Romanoff and Hill, she took her place in the top notch females of SHIELD because Fury trusted her direction. That was why he wasn't at the scene because he knew she would be able to handle it with Steve.

"We haven't found any," one of the male agents said, handing her a handgun. She took the weapon in her hand, placing it in the holster on her hip.

"Well, we will have to make an entrance then," she mentioned, and looked at Steve. "You will come with me, and we will go from there. Everyone else will stay put until I give my commands."

Beatrix looked at Steve before motioning over to the side of the warehouse. "I will climb up to the vent so I can find an opening, and I will let you know if the coast is clear so you can go ahead and follow behind me."

Back at the hotel, Sabrina had completely downed a previously full bottle of Rum. Currently, the young woman was collapsed on her couch with half of her body falling off the side. Not the responsible behavior for someone in her position, but alas, Sabrina isn't always capable of proper judgement.

She weaved in and out of consciousness. Ignoring the ringing of her cellphone, Sabrina smothered herself with a fluffy pillow, trying to cancel out the annoyance. Thankfully the answering machine caught it.

"Sabrina, it's Tomas. I know you're worried about Tony Stark, but you're needed back in England. There's problems with the newest models at the factory. We need your help. Please give me a callback soon as possible. Thanks, love."

Steve nodded, obeying her command. She definitely took control of the situation, having no trouble conducting everyone around her. In a way, she reminded him of Peggy. So different and yet, sharing similar qualities. Both of them earned his respect so quickly and effortlessly.

When he was allowed to follow behind her, the tall male quickly landed at her side. His massive frame making him difficult to hide in the shadows. Thankfully, Steve doesn't need its protection. Without the aid of weapons, unlike the others, Steve prefers hand-to-hand combat.

So far, no one else was seen. Movement was absent from the scene. Steve's instincts overwhelmed him, convincing Steve to venture further and eventually he overheard voices from up ahead. Steve jumped back, preparing himself to strike.

Tony just left his home to get to the hotel that JARVIS said that Sabrina was located in. As quick as he could, he drove there and a couple of minutes later, he arrived at his destination. He didn't want Sabrina upset. He still needed her help no matter what Pepper said. It was the fact that he was in danger of losing his life. The man could feel that he was.

When he arrived at the hotel, he got out of the car and went straight to the lobby. After the man at the valet booth asked for his keys, he carelessly tossed them to him and then went to the front desk. "I am looking for Sabrina Ryder," he said, soon tapping his fingers on the counter. "This is really important."

"I will have to phone her room before I can send you up there," the receptionist said, grabbing the phone and dialing the room number. "I have to ask you to wait patiently until she answers the phone call."

This is when Tony started to become antsy. "Look, I need to get to her room as soon as possible."

If only she would listen.

---

As Beatrix told him the plan, she made her way up to the vent. She scaled her way on the side of the building, getting to the vent that was at the top. At least there were places to grab as she climbed, or that would have been a big issue. The woman popped open the vent, and ventured inside of it. She didn't know where it led, but it was the only chance that she had.

"How is it going down there, Steve?" she asked, her ear piece catching her words and sending the message down to him. Other people on the ground can listen to their conversation, but they knew not to pry into it. "If you need ground help, just tell the alpha team to help cover you. I give you full command over them."

The vent was coming to an end, and there was an opening below her. She looked down for a moment, seeing that there were guys that were heavily armed and wore masks to hide their identities. Then in the middle of the room held hostages that were tied up so they couldn't get away.

"I want everyone to be on their high alert," she whispered, making sure that the people below her didn't hear. "I will do what I can to distract, and then we can go from there."

"I'm sorry, sir." The receptionist sincerely apologized, dropping the phone back into its place on the machine. "She isn't answering our calls and I'm afraid you can't go up without permission." Obviously this confused woman didn't realize just whom she was speaking to.

Nevertheless, her speech was nullified a few moments later. A clearly intoxicated Sabrina came out of the elevator and stumbled carelessly towards the hotel's complimentary bar. Locks of blond hair ruffled in all directions, glasses precariously balanced at her nose and eyes impaired by a glassy haze.

Sabrina shuffled to the bar, collapsing onto a vacant couch and slumped forward with both hands concealing her face. A terrible headache was brewing behind her closed eyes. The last thing she wanted was company. If only the drunken idiot that approached her got the memo.

"Hey sexy," the man greeted, nearly spilling his drink. "What's your name?"

Sabrina groaned in annoyance, dropping her hands and opened only her right eye, slowly focusing on the muscular man before her. "Sod off, wanker." Her accent seemed to confuse the man, for rather than obeying, he just grabbed her by the arm. His grip surprised Sabrina, causing a yelp from her lips.

"Unhand me, ye twat!"

"Speak English!"

"I am, you draft moron! It's called proper English!" Sabrina retorted, struggling to remove his hand. Sadly, for her, his hand was coated in sweat and made it impossible for her to get away.

The man chuckled, tugging her closer. "You need a real man to teach you the right way to speak, Missy."

"Missy!?" Sabrina shouted, clenching her teeth. "I'll have you know, I already have a man!" She lied.

"Oh?" She grimaced as the drunken man moved his hand to her hip and held it firmly. "And where is this man of yours?"

Sabrina couldn't reply. She had no man. Her lie was obvious now.

Although he isn't normally someone to disobey orders, especially not from his commanding officer, Steve decided to act on his own. Happening to catch the perfect opportunity, Steve quickly reached forward through the shadows which concealed him and grabbed a passing by enemy by his throat.

Steve doesn't believe in unnecessary murder, the man held in his grip should consider himself lucky for that. Steve tightened his hand around the man's throat, restricting air from escaping and making it impossible for him to call out for assistance. Once the man fell unconscious from deprived oxygen, Steve reequipped himself with the man's weapons and headed onward.

It wasn't long before he came close the area where Beatrix had reported her position. A few voices could be overheard, giving away the location of five individuals. Steve crept slowly, keeping his steps silent as he continued towards the narrow hallway.

One of the voices caught his attention. So sweet, frightened and shaken by fear. Steve knew this was the voice of a child. Someone innocent and caught in a terrible situation. Instinctively reacting, Steve readied the gun he'd taken from the earlier target and radioed Beatrix.

"I have a hostage in my sights," he reported quietly, sneaking back into the shadows with eyes still keeping watch on the figures moving about. "Waiting on commands, ma'am."

Tony was about to say something to the receptionist, astonished that she didn't know who she was talking to. Oh well, that didn't matter. His eyes stared over at the woman who was exiting out of the elevator. Clearly she was drunk, and clearly she wasn't in the right state of mind to do anything. God, she looked like a hot mess when she slumped down on the couch.

He watched as another man went up to her and grabbed her. Of course that riled up something within him, and he brought himself to that man that was speaking to her. The way Sabrina was talking made Tony a little frustrated, but she was just drunk and lacked judgement. Then she said something about having a man.

Cue Tony.

He stepped into the situation, tapping the drunk man on the shoulder. "I advise you to get your hands off my lady, or we will certainly have problems," he told the man in a nonchalant way.

Sabrina was going to owe him one after this.

---

Beatrix took her time to move the opening of the vent as quietly as she could, and set it in front of her. As Steve waited for orders, she remained silent for now as she studied where the men were. There were only a few armored men guarding the hostage, which was something that she couldn't handle. She had to take more out in her past, so it was easy.

The men had their back towards her from what she could see, so she started to make her way down. She climbed out of the vent, and thankfully the drop wasn't far down than what she expected. Immediately she went to the nearest man, sneaking up behind him and wrapping around her arm around his neck in a choke hold to get him down as quick and quietly as possible.

As he passed out from the lack of air, she slowly brought him to lie on the ground and then looked up. There were four to go. As soon as she heading off to another man protecting the hostages, she was then grabbed by her hair and she was pulled back. She winced as her hair was being pulled, and she was thrown down to the ground. The men looked, pointing their guns at her and then the hostages let out small noises of fright.

"I had a feeling that Fury was going to bring a bird to do his dirty work for him," a man spoke, his voice was gruff.

Pushing herself up from the ground, she looked at the man that thrown her. He was some low life thug that caught her off guard by lurking in the shadows. She was going to reach for her gun, but stopped as he held up a remote

"I wouldn't do that, remember that I have a bomb infused in this warehouse," he reminded as she glared at him, "With a press of the button, you put yourself in risk as well as the innocent lives of others."

Someone else joined the situation, but Sabrina couldn't focus enough to get a clear visual. When they spoke, the voice triggered her memories and a face immediately came to mind. However, Sabrina shook that image away from her thoughts. Tony Stark would not be wasting his time, not to mention potentially feeding the media a rather delicious opportunity to spread rumors, just for her sake.

Sabrina felt the man's hand drop from her hip and she couldn't have been more thankful. His moist hand left behind a sticky residue on her skirt, though. That was disgusting. Hoping she could quietly sneak away from the scene, Sabrina tip toed backwards in the direction of the exit.

Angered that his prey had been taken away, the drunken fool decided it would be in his best interest to challenge Tony. Which, intoxicated or not, surely wouldn't end in his favor. "I don't know who you think yourself to be, dude, but she's coming with me."

Sabrina was halfway out of the room, until the idiot brought her back by the hand. Despite struggling, his grip once again overpowered her own strength. Sabrina bit angrily at her lip, drawing blood from her sharp canine. "Release me you buffoon!"

"I don't really believe this is your girl," the man taunted Tony, embracing Sabrina against him. "How can you prove it?"

Caught between her intoxication and the muscular man that held her in his grip, Sabrina was only able to watch and wait for this whole thing to be over.

Threatening the innocent is not something Steve can tolerate. However, putting his comrades in dangerous is enough to bring him into action. Which is exactly what happened. Without hesitation, Steve leaped forward into the scene and disabled the man with a few combat moves. He managed to kick away the detonator, keeping it from anyone's reach.

"Bombs are a cowards way."

A true criminal would not rely on the actions of weapons. Someone that is truly to be feared would be able to defeat their targets and enemies without them. While Steve knelt down to assist Beatrix, arms suddenly wrapped around his neck and he immediately recognized the touch of a blade at his throat.

Tony watched the man with disbelief as he kept on being persistent. The man didn't scare him, just annoyed him. Sure, he didn't have his suit with him, but he didn't needed it to stand in and help Sabrina. As the drunk man started to talk again, Tony just became irritated. "I will give you a few seconds to stop and leave her alone," he told the man.

Then when the man grabbed her in a way that made his skin crawl, Tony stepped in front of him. "You better let her go or you will suffer some consequences," he said, his eyes narrowed at him. The situation was getting him riled up, but he knew not to start a fight unless he needed to. People will find out about him defending her. Though at the moment he didn't care what everyone else thought.

"So, please, let her go," he said, trying to be nice to the man.

---

Beatrix looked up at Steve, seeing the blade against his throat. There was nothing much that she could do, she was on the ground and her gun had been kicked away. The other men had their guns pointed down at her, and all she could do was sit there until their was an opportune moment for her to strike.

"Bombs are a coward's way?" the man repeated, and then started to laugh. "I don't need weapons to be scary, it is the feeling of being feared that thrills me. So, you have two options. Either you stand down, or you get killed."

Before a decision was made, she saw a glint coming from the rafters above them. Then a moment later, an arrow whizzed through the air to impale itself in one of the guys who had his gun pointed at her which he fell to the ground with a thud. The other three looked around frantically, looking around to see where it came from. In this moment, she sprung up and disarmed the three men with the moves she knew. She picked up her gun, as well as another one.

"Tables have turned, you either stand down, or you get killed," she said to the obvious ring leader. She had pointed a gun to the three men, and one at the man who had Steve in captivity.

Rather than engage in a physical confrontation, which he would have surely lost without question, the man reluctantly unhanded Sabrina and stormed out of the hotel. Freed from her confines, Sabrina stretched herself out happily and turned to her savior with a huge smile. "Thanks, mate." Still clueless as to who had saved her. "I greatly appreciate it."

Realizing that it would probably be a good idea to return upstairs and keep away from other drunken idiots, Sabrina waved Tony off and started wobbling towards the elevator. It was quite obvious that she didn't recognize Tony.

Steve wasn't held captive for long. Maneuvering himself out of the hold, showing no pain when the blade sliced against his flesh, he managed to tackle the target to the ground and kept them restrained. Meanwhile, Beatrix had control of the situation. Steve bound his target's hand together with a nearby wire and kicked him aside.

"I'll take the hostage," Steve whispered, beneath his breath. As he walked towards the frightened child, a girl no older than ten years of age, screamed loudly. Beatrix had the leader in her aim, so Steve felt no danger in gently lifting the girl into his arms and held her tenderly. "It's okay."

At the sound of his voice, the girl whimpered and clung to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.