The Man With a Suit & The Soldier of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony watched as the drunk man wander off, and then he looked at Sabrina. When she said thanks, he just looked at her with a confused look. "Really, Sabrina?" he questioned, not sure how to react to this. "Are you that drunk to realize that I am someone that you know?" Clearly she was really drunk, and clearly she went through some type of memory loss when she was drunk. It was a strange thing for him.

"I am Tony Stark," he told her, not sure what to do. "The guy that you are trying to save. Does that ring a bell to you?" He just hoped that he would get through to her somehow. If not, then he would have to wait until she sobered up. That would take awhile, and he just didn't want to help.

---

Beatrix nodded her head to Steve. "Take her out of here, I don't want anything else to traumatize her anymore than it should," she told him, giving the girl a kind smile. She hated to see that a child was used as a hostage, that was a coward move. No one should ever put a child in danger. They were just too innocent. The poor girl was scared to death, and this will probably haunt her for awhile.

"I can handle the rest," she told him, and that was when another agent dropped down. He had been hiding for awhile in the rafters so he could easily take out targets and look over things. "And Barton, how come you didn't do a roll call?"

"Be more grateful, little lady, I am the one who saved your life," the man with the bow and arrows said, his bow in his hand and the quiver was on his back. He looked at Steve, giving him a nod before looking at Beatrix again.

"I suggest that you find that bomb before it goes off soon," the ring leader said as he was on the ground, looking up at the two. "You have only a couple of minutes to spare. The button was a ploy to get you distracted, and it seemed to work. You better be careful because that bomb is strapped on to someone you don't want to blow up."

"Hush up," Beatrix scolded, kicking him in the side to hear him groan in pain. She looked up at Steve and Barton. "Steve, take her outside and rendezvous as fast as possible. We will use this time to work together to find it. Once you do, tell me your location and I will be able to disarm that bomb."

"Gotcha," Agent Barton said, soon leaving the area to see if he could find the bomb anywhere.

One last look at Steve, she gave a nod and then left the area after making sure that everything was secure with the terrorists. It was luck at this point.

"Tony Stark?"

That name sounded so familiar. But, it couldn't be! However, much to Sabrina's surprise, when she strained her eyes to focus, that's exactly who was standing in front of her. He'd been the one to save her! Oh Lords, she'd never live this down in a million years!

"Tony!?" Sabrina gasped, mouth agape like a fish, not her most attractive moment. "Save the Queen! I...I didn't think we'd be seeing each other for a while." At least, not while Pepper was around. Then again, the red-head didn't seem to be anywhere. Sabrina glanced in all directions, causing a terrible headache, but located no sign of Tony's assistant.

"Well," she gulped nervously and it showed. "I suppose I should thank you properly for saving my decency from that moron." Sabrina smiled, weakly, but sincerely. She leaned forward and pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek, giggling as his facial hair tickled her sensitive skin.

"Now," she collected herself and stood up straight, despite the intoxication. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

The little girl was Steve's first priority. Once he made it outside, he cautiously set the child on the ground and was ready to head back inside. However, a tiny hand snagged him by the finger. Her grip was weakened and the fragile hand wrapped tightly as it could around his finger.

"Please don't leave me," she cried, eyes filling with tears at the lashes.

Steve felt his heart shatter, torn between his humanity and compassion. He had to go back, Beatrix was counting on him to do so. Kneeling down to the ground, ignoring the discomfort of this position, Steve brought a hand to the girl's cheek and cleaned away her tears.

"You go and wait by the police," he assured her with a smile, "I'll be right back."

The girl whimpered, bottom lip trembling. "You promise?"

Steve is always a man of his word. "I promise."

Entrusting the girl's safety to the officers, Steve raced into the building and immediately tried to locate the bomb. He crossed paths with Hawkeye, ignoring the fellow agent and checked all visible areas. Unfortunately, he couldn't find it.

Tony just let out a frustrated sigh. The situation was frustrating, not her. He didn't like the fact that Pepper ran Sabrina out of the house without any warning. Pepper didn't have to make a big deal. He understood where the red-head came from because she didn't know who Sabrina was. The whole situation was a little screwed in itself.

"Well, I came here to apologize for what happened with Pepper," he told her, shrugging his shoulders and ran his hand through his hair. "And I came to tell you that you shouldn't leave. Why? Because I need your help. It doesn't matter what Pepper wants, it is what I want."

Hopefully she would understand what he was saying because he knew that drunk people couldn't really keep tabs on anything. She will probably forget everything in the morning. Oh well.

---

Beatrix ran through the warehouse, looking for any sign. Then she heard someone yell. "Help!" came the shout, and she went to the direction. The shouts and cries kept going, and she knew it was a familiar voice. The agent quickly went to where it came from, then stopped dead in her tracks as she reached a room. A very complicated bomb was sighted, strapped to someone. "Mom?"

The elderly woman looked up at her, looking so scared. "Beatrix, get me out of here please," she pleaded.

"Damn it," Beatrix cursed, heading to her and looking at the bomb. Then she radioed the other two. "Steve, Barton, I found the bomb. Bad news it is strapped down to my mother. Get here as soon as possible. Second floor, down the hall, and head into the fourth room on the right."

She was distraught because her mother was at risk, and she wanted to make it out alive. She looked at the bomb, trying to see what she could. The timer read that she only had three minutes, and three minutes was going to tick down fast.

Sabrina actually smiled as Tony finished speaking. She was glad to know that her promise to Yinsen could still be kept, despite Pepper's apparent dislike towards her. Yinsen needed Sabrina to be successful and she'd honor his final request.

The intoxication was finally beginning to waver and Sabrina yawned behind her hand, eyes tearing up slightly. "I'll still help you, Tony. You're my friend and I don't want you to experience the horrible pain Yinsen described. Can we go to my room? I need to show you the diagrams I constructed before flying out here." They were blueprints of the original Arc Reactor and she needed Tony to edit the draft with any modifications he'd made to the design.

She walked with him to the elevator, pressed the button and waited impatiently. Her heeled shoe tapped in annoyance, she hates waiting. "So, I'm sorry about that whole situation with the drunken idiot." She truly felt awful for getting him involved. "I really need to cut back on the booze."

Steve's lungs tightened, his throat suddenly becoming dry and hoarse as he received the information via the communicators. The bomb was located. Strapped to another innocent victim and this time, it was Beatrix's mother of all the possibilities. Fearing for the state of Beatrix's mind, Steve rushed to the site and knelt down beside the shorter women as he observed the bomb's design.

Coming from an era seventy years in the past doesn't allow Steve much knowledge with devices such as these. He was at a complete loss, however, he knew that his body could withstand the destructive force it carried.

"I'll take the bomb."

Steve successfully detached Beatrix's mother from the bomb. However, it had taken a full minute off the clock by doing so. He needed to get himself and the bomb to a safe distance, somewhere it's explosion wouldn't cause tremendous damage.

Briefly catching Beatrix's eyes with his own, Steve assured her of his plan with a smile and leaned forward slightly to put his lips beside her ear. "I'll be alright. You take care of your mother. Be safe, Beatrix." It was the first time he said her name and he desperately hoped it wouldn't be his last.

Standing up, the bomb held closely to his chest, Steve took off down the hallways and kept running at a speed which made it impossible for anyone to catch him. The bomb was ticking down from two minutes.

When she mentioned about cutting back on the alcohol, he gave her a look for a second before shaking his head. "Okay, that is an understatement if you are going to continue being a hot mess when you drink," he mentioned, pressing the button once more and the elevator doors opened. Some people trickled out of it, then he stepped inside, tugging on her to pull her in with him. "What floor?"

This girl could be the death of him, in a figurative way of course. Dying was not an option for him just yet. There were people in the elevator with them, so he decided not to speak about anything about the Reactor.

"So, why was it that you were drinking so much? Was it because of Pepper?" he questioned, peering down at her for a moment. He just wanted to know the truth so he didn't make any stupid assumptions.

---

Beatrix's eyes widened when he told her to be safe. "Steve!" she shouted as he ran off, trying to scramble to her feet as quick as possible to chase after him. Then she felt a hand on her wrist, holding her back. When she looked back, she saw her mother holding her. "I can't just let him do this mom, I just can't. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. He is my responsibility."

"You care for him," mother mentioned, and gave her a smile. "I have never seen that look in your eyes for anyone else, so I know that you care. I can also see that he probably cares for you. Just let him do what he feels is right."

"I am not going to allow him to risk his life," Beatrix said under her breath, looking at her mother then up at Clint. "Take her and make sure she stays safe."

"Beatrix, don't run after him," Barton said sternly, holding her back as he grabbed onto her arm. "His orders were to have you be safe, so you should respect them."

Beatrix looked at Clint, and then realized that he was right. She sucked it up to the best that she could, getting her mother out of the room and then Clint followed after. They went to safety, ordering everyone to get out of the area just in case something happened.

Lowering to a voice so the others aboard the elevator wouldn't overhear their conversation, Sabrina nudged herself closer to Tony and answered him with downcast eyes. "It's a coping method. After my father died, I became a recluse and isolated myself from the world. I even stopped communicating with my own mother. Once I was able to recover from the depression, everything seemed alright. If only it had lasted."

The doors opened, letting a majority of the people off. Sabrina and Tony remained, the only two aboard now. "When I was kidnapped and held captive for six months," she visibly trembled a the memories, "The strength I had built shattered. I was overwhelmed with depression and anger. Once I was released, thanks to you and Yinsen, I started drinking regularly. Oddly enough, before my father's death, I'd never tasted alcohol in my life."

Finally, it was their destination. Sabrina walked out, holding Tony's hand for balance. "I don't even really care for alcohol, to be honest, it's just available."

Closing his eyes as the clock reached its final seconds, Steve readied himself for the explosion. As expected, incredible heat and electricity engulfed his entire body. He'd managed to secure himself beneath the base and put himself at a distance from everyone else outside. Steve didn't want any innocent bystanders to be harmed.

The surface of his skin, closest to the bomb, was burned to such a degree that he'd be visibly scarred. Steve had to shut his eyes as the intense light produced would have made him blind if he'd continued to look. The bomb's massive force threw him against the wall, shattering a few ribs and even successfully broke his left leg.

Steve collapsed to the ground, the remnants of the bomb scattered among the room. Smoke wafted from the roof, alerting everyone to the chaos inside. The little girl that Steve had promised his return to was crying, clinging to an officer in grief.

Meanwhile, back in the room, the fallen solider struggled to breathe. Seared lungs made this difficult. Steve coughed hoarsely, not at all surprised when blood escaped from his mouth and splashed to the ground. Seriously injured, broken bones and scarred flesh...but, alive nonetheless.

Although he survived, Steve couldn't move one muscle in his entire body. He just lingered on the floor, face torn and slashed from flying debris. Blond hair having fallen forward, giving him a rather boyish appearance. His lips were chapped, sliced down the middle and blood leaked from the corners of his mouth. Steve's smile was present, though. At least no one else suffered.

Everyone had their way of coping with things. Like he became Iron Man. That was one hell of a way to cope with something. He just vowed to protect what he could, and that was what he did. Sabrina chose her coping method with alcohol. Not the brightest thing to cope with, but it was something. He has done it before too.

"Try not to rely on it too much," he told her, "It can make you a crazy alcoholic and we don't want that now do we? I am not going to have a drunk helping me." He was teasing of course. Then he waited for her to open the door, and when she did, he took a step inside of the room. "Well, let's get down to business. At least here Pepper can't barge in and start an argument."

---

When the explosion happened, Beatrix stared with wide eyes. Her heart dropped, and she almost fell to her knees. Stopping herself, she took all the courage that she could and went back to the site. It was safe now since the bomb went off. Her mother was safe and everyone else was safe, that was what mattered. She went to the debris, looking hard for the man that risked his life to save everyone.

"Steve!" she called out, coughing because of the left over smoke that lingered about.

She called his name over and over again, but knew that he wouldn't answer. There was a sense of panic within her. She needed to find him. Then she finally did. Lying on the floor all bloodied and broken, there he was. The woman rushed to his side, crouching beside him and placed her hand on his cheek. "Damn it, Steve," she cursed, trying to hold back the tears, but her voice was breaking. "You are such an idiot."

At least this man would be able to heal at a quicker rate because of that serum coursing through him. The healing process will still take awhile, but it would be quicker than the normal rate. All Beatrix needed to do now was get him to the hospital to make sure he got the medical attention that he needed.

Tony's advice wasn't really necessary, but Sabrina appreciated it at all the same. She decided to make a promise for him. "Until the Arc Reactor is repaired, I won't touch another drop of alcohol." To emphasize her point, she made a trip to the kitchen and poured all available bottles down the sink. She tossed the empty bottles aside, then poured a cuppa ice water and joined him in the living room.

"Alright, so here are the plans." She handed them to him, clearing a space on the table. "I just need you to make corrections to whatever you've changed on the design." While she waited for him to finish, Sabrina sat quietly on the couch and watched him idly. Happening to find herself smiling for no apparent reason, Sabrina coughed to distract herself and looked off towards the window.

"Tony?" Sabrina's gaze dropped down to the glass in her hand. "Do you wear the Iron Man suits as a way to disguise your weaknesses?"

Her touch was soothing, taking away the ache and pains that coursed throughout his body. The cold and wet drips of her tears landed on Steve's, bloody and bruised, cheeks. He struggled to handle the sudden jolts of pain when he raised his injured hand to her cheek. "Protecting those that matter is never stupid."

Steve smiled, his hand loosing strength and collapsed back to the ground at his side. He needed somewhere to recover. His body would repair quickly, but not for a few days. The serum doesn't make him immortal, just difficult to kill. The bomb did damage, but not enough to ensure his death.

"Is everyone else safe?" His concern was not at all focused on him or the wounds he sustained. "What about your mother?"

Tony watched as she poured out the alcohol, all of the alcohol went down the sink. Now he wished that he didn't say that because maybe he wanted a drink. Oh well, it was already done and he couldn't get it back. He would have to wait until he got back home to drink, but even then he probably wasn't going to. As she handed him the blue prints, he just looked over at the old ones and then started to redo the design. Everything about the Arc Reactor was different now since he had the proper tools at home to fix it.

When she asked the question about the suit, he looked up at her and stopped working to answer. "I guess you can say that," he told her, then started working again. "Also, protecting people with it is another reason. I can be self-centered, but I do what I can to help others in that suit. It's another part of me that can't be separated basically."

---

"Yes, everyone is safe," Beatrix answered, giving him a smile. "Thank you so much for doing what you did, Steve. I really do appreciate it."

As a thanks, she leaned down and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. She couldn't thank him enough. Everyone was safe, the little girl was safe, and even her mother was. It just hurt a little to see him all broken like he was, but she knew that he was going to be okay.

The paramedics came after Clint called them for aid, and they all rushed over to Steve. Beatrix told them to be careful when they moved him to the stretcher, bringing him to the ambulance. She had followed behind and sat in the ambulance with him, keeping her hand on his.

After the drive to the hospital, they rushed him into a room to help patch his wounds. They did all they could before they left him alone from what Beatrix told them. She sat down next to the bed, pulling up a chair. "You will be in here for a couple of days, so I think I will need to bring my lessons to you," she told him, laughing softly.

Sabrina found his answer to be sincere. She believed him without any doubt. "I admire you, Tony." A yawn followed her words, causing Sabrina to suddenly become extremely exhausted. She leaned herself on Tony's side, letting her head rest against his shoulder. From the outside looking in, they appeared to be quite cozy and rather adorable.

He smelled lovely, an expensive aura wafted through her nose as she snuggled closer. Brushing her face gently against his jacket, the smooth texture was comfortable. Sabrina's hands were folded neatly in her lap, no inappropriate touching of any kind. She merely felt Tony was a substitute for a pillow.

"Y'know, the media circulates rumors of you being such a playboy and tremendous flirt, but you're really not that at all." At least, in her eyes. "I've been drunk twice in your presence and you've never taken that as an opportunity to act selfishly." Sabrina smiled happily, letting her head rest in the crook of his neck. "You're an amazing man...Tony." Sleep had taken her.

"At least I'll have your company, which is more than I deserve." Steve didn't seem bothered that his body had nearly been destroyed. Nor was he at all annoyed that he'd be restricted to a hospital bed for a few days. The situation had been resolved and everyone else was safe from harm; a successful mission in his eyes.

Steve shifted in the bed, trying to make himself comfortable. His arms were bandaged, concealing the seared flesh and his body had been cleaned up and sterilized to prevent infections. He had bandages on both hands, around his neck and even a few regular band aids on his cheeks.

All in all, he looked fairly human for a change. Not a super solider, just Steve Rogers. When Beatrix pulled her chair to his beside, Steve reached forward and gently took hold of her hand. It comforted him.

"Thanks for staying with me, ma'am."

Tony allowed her to lean against him, there was no harm on that. She was tired and he could tell. All the drinking that she did probably took a lot out of her. As she said something about him being a playboy, he just chuckled.

"I am what they say," he told her, believing what everyone else said abojt him. "And the reason why I don't do anything is because you are drunk and lack better intentions. Easy as that."

After a few minutes, he heard nothing come from her and he looked to see that she was asleep. He carefully carried her to the bed, setting her down. "Good night.

---

Beatrix gave him a smile, and placed her other hand on top of his. "Steve, I have a favor to ask of you," she spoke softly, then looked at him. The way he was cleaned up definitely made him look normal. "Please, just call me Beatrix."

She knew that old habits died hard, but she liked it when he called her by her first name. It was hard enough when people called her by her last name. Being on first name basis made her feel like a normal person.

"And you're welcome," she aaid, a big smile on her face.

In the morning, surprisingly, Sabrina wasn't tormented by a headache. The alcohol had decided to be merciful. She dressed down in a black, lace, nightgown and walked out to the kitchen. Having forgotten that Tony was there, she finally found him on the couch a few minutes later, she nearly jumped out of her skin. Sabrina chuckled softly, finding him asleep to be the most adorable sight.

She gently padded over to the couch side, knelt down and brushed a hand across his forehead. Pushing his bangs back into place and was amazed by the smooth texture of his skin. Absentmindedly, Sabrina gliding her fingers along his cheek, stopping only when his facial hair tickled her. She had to stifle a laugh, not wanting to wake him.

Deciding to awaken him with breakfast and some freshly brewed coffee, Sabrina hurried to the kitchen and prepared everything before snagging a quick shower. She emerged a few minutes later, dressed in her usual attire for a casual day. A black dress, mimicking a long tang top that ended just above her thighs and wore a light blue actual tang top over that.

She was only wearing white slippers, identical to ballet flats. Sabrina glided across her wooden floors, easily making her way to the kitchen and finished getting breakfast ready. When it was done, plated and coffee poured into cups, Sabrina quietly approached Tony on the couch.

Kneeling down on the floor, leaning over him slightly, Sabrina tapped his nose playfully with the tip of her finger. "Time to wake up, love. I made us breakfast, hurry up before it gets cold." She teased, ruffling his hair for good measure. She wanted to begin the day on a good note.

Her Dress/Outfit
female-mannequin-casual-clothes-11733850.jpg

Beatrix was still sleeping when the nurses came in to tend Steve's injuries. They re-wrapped his wounds in fresh bandages and complimented his bravery from the day before. Apparently news was already spreading, although no one knew his name. He was identified as a hero in the papers.

"Do you need anything else?" The nurse asked, smiling kindly and offered him a plastic cup with water and a straw. She was young, beautiful and blond. However, Steve's eyes averted to the peacefully sleeping maiden in the chair. He found her captivating in such a position. She looked so natural and quite lovely, if he were to be honest.

"Sir?"

Steve finally acknowledged the nurse, a blush at his cheeks. "Oh, sorry. I'm alright for now. Thank you."

His smile melted the nurse's frustration and she left the room without another word. Steve relaxed back into the bed, finding his muscles incredibly sore and reluctant to move.

Tony wasn't going to stay over the night, that wasn't his intention, but he had fallen asleep on the couch. The day before exhausted him, and he happened to feel it when he put Sabrina on the bed. He lied down on the couch with the intention of just resting for a minute, but then it led to him staying the night. Oh well, no big deal. As long as they weren't sleeping in the same bed so it wasn't that awkward.

In the morning, he did feel her touch in his subconscious. His lips twitched to a smile, feeling her calm touch. When it left him, he just kept that smile on his face. Then the smell of coffee came to his nose, and the smell of food. He couldn't ignore the smell, plus the sound of her voice. He was awake, but he kept his eyes closed. The ruffle to his hair made him wake up fully.

"It smells good," he mentioned, opening his eyes now and then sitting up as he rubbed his eyes from sleep. "Good morning."

---

Beatrix had fallen asleep on the chair, leaning forward to rest her arms on the bed and her head on top of them. She had fallen asleep with her hand on top of his in a comforting sense. Normally she hated hospitals, but she was there to help him out. Within the last few days of knowing him, she just had a connection that she couldn't even describe. She was comfortable with him.

When the nurse had left the room, someone else walked in. It was the agent that helped last night, Clint Barton. He gave Steve a wave before looking at Beatrix. "I am surprised that she isn't even up yet," he said, shaking his head then looked at the man on the bed again. "I just came to bring her some clothes, so make sure she sees it."

He puts a bag next to the chair, and gently placed his hand on Beatrix's shoulder for a moment before looking at Steve. "Hey, thank you for yesterday. You are a good man with honor, and I highly respect that in a person," he told him, giving a smile.

Sabrina chuckled, amused with his appearance. Ruffled hair, sleepy eyes and an general air of casualness suited him nicely. She doubted that many people actually saw this side to him. It made her feel special, to some degree and she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"Well, eat up, then." She handed him the plate, cuppa coffee and some silverware. Sabrina apologized before he even took a bite, warning him that it might taste strange. "I'm not the most successful cook, so pardon if it's awful."

She joined him on the couch, sipping her coffee happily and waited for his review. "Your verdict?"

This felt so casual. Almost, creepy in a way. Having breakfast with Tony Stark, in her living room, on the couch.

Steve smiled, painfully adjusting himself into a seated position. "You don't have to thank me, Barton. I will always take the risk in order to save those important to me and anyone of innocence." He'd never waver in these beliefs.

"Is she alright?" Of course, he completely ignored his own condition. "She doesn't appear to be that comfortable." He had to wonder just how comfortable a hospital chair could actually be for someone. "I'm surprised she stayed the night." Steve couldn't help but feel honored.

Tony poked at the food with his fork, jokingly of course. He grinned at her before he took a bite of the food, just giving a taste before he nodded his head. "It isn't bad," he told her. "But it isn't good either." The last part he was joking, and to show that he was, he let out a small laugh. The man had his own fair share of horrible jokes.

"I am kidding, it's fine," he told her, taking a sip of his coffee and then eating more of the food. He sure didn't mind the taste. It was home cooked, and that is all that mattered. She actually took the time to make him something to eat for breakfast, which was really nice of her even if she shouldn't have.

---

"You know after you fell asleep, I tried to make her go home and just come back in the morning," Clint told him, and then crossed his arms. He realized that Beatrix wasn't going to wake up yet, so he just didn't bother her. "But she looked really distraught about your condition, so I just let her be. Knowing her, she was probably up most of the night just making sure that you are okay."

He shrugged his shoulders. "She is such a caring person when she is not on the field, so it is nice to have her as a friend. I remember when I was in the hospital for something and she made sure that I was okay. Her and I go way back, which is why we know so much about each other."

Clint glanced at the clock for a moment, then looked at Steve with a smile. "Anyway, I should get going, I have to report to Fury since Beatrix asked me to do it for her," he said, giving him a nod before he walked out of the room.

Sabrina, gently, nudged Tony in the leg and laughed as she rose from the couch. "Just be grateful a woman actually cooked you breakfast and you didn't even have to sleep with her." She smirked, taking their dirty dishes to the sink and washed them quickly. As she dried her hands, Sabrina turned back to Tony and smiled. "Oi, how about we do something fun today?" It's such a lovely day. "Minus the drinking," she quickly added.

The redesign of the Arc Reactor sat on the table, but Sabrina rolled it up neatly and stashed it away in her closet. "Besides, I haven't seen much of Malibu and perhaps you could show me around?" She'd need to change her clothing, but that would only take a few minutes. Tony would need something fresh to wear as well.

"Why don't you take a shower and I'll clean your clothes in the meantime?" Her washer and dryer are incredibly fast, thanks to some tinkering in her spare time. "Come on," she urged, resting back on the counter with both arms. "It'll be fun!"

After Clint left the room, silence overwhelmed Steve. He didn't like it at all. When Beatrix began stirring in the chair, awaking from her slumber, Steve quickly shifted back into a laying position. He didn't want her to know that he'd been watching her. That might come across as creepy to some people. So, to save himself the embarrassment, he faked a peaceful slumber.

When Beatrix finally awoke, she'd find the sleeping solider turned towards the wall with his back facing her. The covers bundled up around him like a tightly wrapped burrito. His bare feet didn't fit inside, sadly, and twitched from the cold air. A massive, 6'3", man curled in a hospital bed with fake snoring was the sight she first saw.

Tony gave her a grin at the mention of him not having to sleep with her. "We can make it happen if that is what you want Sabrina," he teased, giving her a dazzling smile. It was fun to joke about it and he knew that anything sexual will probably not happen between them.

When she said something about exploring around Malibu, he thought for a moment. It has been a long while since he has actually explored the city because of how busy he was. "Hmm, that is tempting," he said thoughtfully, tapping his finger against his chin. "So sure, why not?" They both needed it.

He grinned at her and stood up. "So please direct me to your bathroom then I can get presentable for the world."

---

Beatrix started to wake up, and when her eyes opened, she quickly sat up. For a moment she forgot where she was, then she remembered when she saw Steve lying in the hospital bed. She relaxed into the chair, looking at the man that had his back to her.

"I have a feeling that you are awake," she mentioned. When she was waking up, she knew that she heard two distinct voices. No doubt about it. "Also I don't think lying on your side is a great idea."

She looked to the side of the chair, seeing the bag there. The agent figured as much, since she wasn't oblivious to things.

Sabrina's cheeks burned aflame at Tony's proposition. He had only been joking, but even still, she couldn't hide her embarrassment. The idea of being intimate with him, with Tony Stark, was overwhelming. Not to mention, she's denied herself such pleasures for four long years. Trying to discard those rather perverted thoughts and images aside, Sabrina guided Tony to the bathroom and gave him access to all the necessities.

Just as he was about to undress himself, Sabrina lingered in the opened doorway with her hand on the handle. "Don't flatter yourself too much, Tony. I don't even think we'd be a match in that department." She lied, blatantly. Sabrina shut the door, leaning back against it with a hand over her heart. It was fluttering rapidly beneath her chest. Sabrina was tempted to accidentally sneak a peek inside, but decided not to. Instead, she went to her bedroom and got changed for the day.

Steve chuckled in amusement, surrendering his facade and sat back into position. "Sorry, I suppose that was a foolish attempt." He watched her with curious eyes, baffled at how she could so lovely having just awoken. Steve already had fresh wrappings on his wounds and those minor cuts to his face were already healing at an astronomical rate. Having regular sweatpants on, but a gown over it, Steve gently removed himself from the bedding and stood.

He hissed in shock, his feet almost frozen by the cold tile of the floor. Knowing that Beatrix might be frightened, or worried that he'd reopen his stitches, Steve assured her that he was just going to the bathroom. After a few minutes, having washed his face in the bathroom as well, Steve emerged with a slightly slumped frame. His back was terribly sore and so was his side. He couldn't walk properly, but managed to get himself back into bed.

"You don't have to stay, ma'-Beatrix." He corrected himself, using her proper name instead of the formality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony just chuckled a bit as she shut the door. He didn't know if they would be compatible in the first place, but he never really thought of being in a relationship in the first place anyway. She would probably be a good match for her, but he wasn't thinking of it.

He took a shower, getting himself suitable for the day. After a couple of minutes, a long couple of minutes, he finally got out and dried himself off. He wrapped his towel around his waist, grabbing a smaller towel to dry off his hair. He had opened the door, letting the hot air out. The man still needed his clothes.

---

Beatrix gave him a kind smile. "I am staying to make sure that you're okay," she told him. Even though she knew that he was going to be, she wanted to make sure for herself.

She excused herself then walked into the bathroom to change. Clint actually packed all the things that she usually needed, like a toothbrush, clothes, and other things. He knew her well. It took her a couple minutes to change and do everything that she needed. When she got out of the bathroom, she looked like her normal self out of her uniform. A navy blue high waist skirt that hugged her curves, a white button up that was tucked into it and red heels were on her feet. Minimal makeup was on her face, and the red lipstick was bold on her lips.

She brought the bag out and set it against the chair. Looking up at Steve, she gave a smile. "And don't worry, I am not wasting my time," she told him.

Having just folded his clothing neatly into a pile, Sabrina was carrying the freshly cleaned outfit to the bathroom when she suddenly was greeted with a half naked man in the doorway. "Sweet Jesus!" The embarrassed young woman dropped his clothes to the floor, turning curtly on her heels and faced the wall. She could feel the steam nipping at her ankles, having escaped the bathroom. "I-I..." Words wouldn't formulate. Sabrina was visibly shaking, hands clenched at her sides and shoulders hunched.

"Y-your c-clothes are clean..." But had fallen to the floor. Sabrina scurried out of the room and locked herself in the bedroom.

Beatrix looked lovely, no question there. Steve smiled when she came back to the room and nodded his head respectfully. "How long do I have to stay confined here?" He would prefer to be outside and away from hospitals. He's never liked them. Even as a child, though that was for different reasons. Hospitals remind Steve of death and he finds them very uncomfortable. "I think my injuries are almost healed."

Steve heals faster than normal, but he's no immune to pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.