The Man With a Suit & The Soldier of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony was dying, and he knew that. Just hearing those words come her lips made it even more real. He was dying. There was nothing that could help it. With a sigh, he hugged her back and held her there for awhile before pulling back. "We can fix this, we will find a way," he assured her, giving her a slight smile. He wasn't so sure of himself though.

"I am signing Stark Industries to Pepper," he told Sabrina, "Just in case something happens to me. It will be in good hands with her, and I trust her with it. I just want to be prepared in case anything happens to me."

Honestly, he was scared, but he wasn't going to say that he was. Death wasn't something that he thought he would face in long time. It was practically staring at him in his face right now. It made him certainly uncomfortable. The subject of it all was completely uneasy.

"I think you and I need to start finding out something," he said, running his hand through his hair. "Or I can't be fixed and then I will kill over."

---

Beatrix looked at him when the song had stopped, her eyes gazed into his and then slowly down to his lips. He was leaning closer to her, which made her own eyes close. The intimacy they shared had been so close. A shiver went up her spine, and she felt flushed. She could feel his breath against her lips, so close. They hovered there and then loud music started to play again.

Her heart beat against her chest, and when he jolted up in surprise, she had to excuse herself from him. With a quick apology, she walked out of the room and then headed down the hall to get away from the noise. Leaning back against the wall, her fingers went to her lips and she stared at the wall ahead of her. Her heart still continued to beat fast, and she was breathing heavy.

That kiss almost happened, and she just wished that it did.

Death has haunted Sabrina ever since her father. Now she has Tony to worry about. However, her father's death had been out of her control. With Tony, she had a chance to help him. She wouldn't let him die without a fight. Not until she's exhausted every possible option known in this world. Sabrina stepped back from Tony, but couldn't stop herself from crying.

"I'm sorry, I don't usually cry." She hasn't since her father's funeral. "Suppose you mean more to me than I originally thought." Sabrina tried to make light of it, but that actually was the truth. The young woman turned away, arms held around her stomach as she tried to compose herself.

"Tony, I...I'm so sorry." She was shaking, distraught over this entire situation.

All he'd wanted as a kiss and yet that chance was stolen from him. Angered and trying not to show it, Steve sat himself down a nearby table. Beatrix had already excused herself and Steve worried if he'd done something wrong. They haven't exactly addressed their relationship and that on it's own made Steve very concerned.

A fellow dancer happened by the table, another gentleman that seemed down on his luck with the ladies. He joined Steve and immediately started a conversation. "Troubles with a woman?"

Steve nodded, resting his chin on top of his hand. "I missed my chance."

Tony frowned, hating the fact that she was crying for him. He didn't want her to cry, he didn't want anyone to cry. It just meant that she cared for him, it showed that she had feelings. He never doubted the fact that she cared, ever since they shared their kiss that one day. He always thought of that, it kept him going. Everything was going to work out in the end.

"Let's just calm down," he told her, bringing her into his arms once more in attempt to help her out. "I promise you that we can figure out a solution, it will take a little time, but we will figure something."

"So do me a favor? Just stop crying for a moment," he pleaded, not wanting those tears from her anymore.

---

Beatrix let out a frustrated sigh, not knowing what to do. She has never had these feelings toward anyone before because she was so focused on being a great agent. No distractions were allowed, but if her father loved her mother, then there was hope. These feelings were just so unnatural for her because she never had felt this way for anyone. Steve was just her exception.

"I saw what happened," a woman said, the blonde that she knew. "I think he should have kissed you."

"I wish it were that simple, Claire," Beatrix said, letting off a sigh.

"You are a brilliant woman, Beatrix," Claire mentioned, giving her a smile. "He should realize that you are. He should sweep you off your feet because if he let a woman like you just go, then he is stupid."

Sabrina allowed herself to relax in Tony's arms, finding it to be the most comfortable place in the world. Her tears stopped, streaks still stained her cheeks, though. Sabrina snuggled into his chest, eyes closing as she heard the humming of the Reactor. At least for now, he was alive and she'd cherish every moment. "I'm sure two brilliant minds like ours can figure out the riddle of your heart, yeah?" She wouldn't give up on him. Never in a million years.

"Tony? Do you ever think we could be..."

JARVIS interrupted, alerting Tony that the media was requesting a press conference. Apparently news had gotten out about Pepper's promotion. Sabrina sighed, a small smile at her lips. "Another time then." She wasn't upset. In fact, JARVIS had good timing. She didn't want to bother Tony with meaningless emotions right now. "How about you schedule the press conference for Monaco?" There was supposedly a huge event for the races being held next week. "It would be the perfect place and you'll also need a new assistant since Pepper has become CEO."

Before he could even ask, just assuming he would anyway, Sabrina giggled and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I refuse to work for you, Tony. I'll work alongside you, but never for you." She smirked, lifting her head up and kissed his jaw sweetly.

"You're old fashioned, aren't you?"

The stranger continued his conversation with Steve. His company wasn't troublesome, though. Steve actually enjoyed having someone else to talk with. He wouldn't be able to face Beatrix at the moment.

"Yeah, but it's also because we both work under the same employer and relationships aren't allowed." Steve just knew Fury would be furious, ironic joke there, if he and Beatrix actually began something together. "Our jobs are not simple either. We can't allow distractions to get involved."

The man just laughed, confusing Steve in the process.

"Young man, life ain't worth living if you don't have someone to love and who loves you in return."

Although his words were simple, Steve completely agreed. If necessary, he'd retire from being an agent of Shield. He wanted Beatrix and that's all he cared about.

Tony had a feeling that she was talking about something with their emotions, or relationship even. He just didn't say anything, especially when JARVIS said something. At the mention of a press conference, he just rubbed his temples at the annoying media. News traveled fast. Perhaps Pepper was the one who spread the word that she was the new CEO of the company. When Sabrina said going to Monaco, he knew that was going to be a brilliant idea.

"I will go ahead and let someone schedule that," he said, knowing well that Pepper wasn't his assistant anymore so he couldn't ask her to do it. Well, there was a need in a new one right away. When Sabrina shot down that idea, he just let that thought make him laugh. "Don't worry, I wasn't going to ask."

As she kissed his jaw, he just grinned at her. "Well, as long as you are working alongside of me then that is all I can ask for," he mentioned sincerely.

Then he told JARVIS to send out an email that he was going to be in Monaco, since he didn't have an assistant anymore to do anything. It was only temporary.

---

Beatrix just smiled at the woman beside her, knowing what she was saying. "But he isn't stupid, he is just trying to make the situation not harder for the both of us," she told her. Honest truth, it was still hard for her. She wanted to see where things would lead with Steve. If only it was allowed, and that was the hard part.

"What do you believe that you should do?" Claire asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "I know that you aren't stupid, Beatrix."

"Fine," Beatrix told her, letting a small laugh escaped her lips and started to walk back down the hall. She stopped to look back at Claire, giving her a thanks and then continued on. She stepped in the room where she left Steve, looking around for him, soon spotting him sitting there. She walked to him, standing before him and the other gentlemen. "Excuse me, but may I speak with you for a minute, Steve?"

Tony didn't display any sign that he was annoyed or bothered by Sabrina's little affectionate behaviors. So long as he continued this, she wouldn't stop. She stayed in his hold, her hands laced behind his back and kept a smile at her lips. "Maybe you should hire a male assistant for a change?" Sabrina had her motives as to why she'd suggested a male assistant, but those reasons were entirely selfish. "On second thought, never mind."

Despite her insecurities, Sabrina knew that wouldn't be right. Males are usually terrible at being assistants, they just don't handle the requirements effectively. Women are naturally better suited for the tasks and adapt quite easily. Sabrina hid her disappointment with another smile, seeming to have perfected this facade in recent months. "Besides, Pepper has probably already written a list of potential candidates, yeah?"

Sabrina leaned forward, letting her head rest in the crook of Tony's neck. He smelled exactly as she remembered. "I really missed you," she confessed, letting her lips brush against his neck. "The entire time I was in England. I truly missed you everyday."

Beatrix's arrival at the table startled Steve, causing him to nervously fiddle with a spoon. The other gentleman just smiled as he exchanged glances between the two of them. "No trouble at all, dear." He gestured to Beatrix and then nudged Steve's foot beneath the table. "He was just leaving anyway."

Steve sighed, having been forced to follow Beatrix at the other man's behest. He slowly rose from the table, taking Beatrix's hand in his own and tenderly stroked a thumb across her knuckles. She was troubled and he could tell it immediately. That's why he was reluctant to follow her, afraid of what she just might say.

Only having one prior romantic interest in his life, Peggy from his past, Steve isn't the most experienced man in this particular field. However, if what the mysterious gentleman had said was indeed true, Steve didn't want to waste his life without the woman he cared for. Beatrix was everything to him.

The thought of a male assistant did not appeal to him at all. Male assistants were somewhat useless, women had better time management than men did. That was the truth. That was why Pepper was his assistant for the longest time. At least she understood his wants and needs. After a few years, she was the one bossing him around. Go figure. At the mention of Pepper having a list of candidates, he knew that Sabrina was right about that. Pepper was ready for anything.

Tony smiled at the sign of affection, actually feeling genuinely happy that Sabrina was actually with him again. "I missed you too," he told her, giving her his honest answer. "I really do apologize for not telling you what was going on. It's a pride thing, I suppose. I just don't want to worry about anyone even if I do make very rash decisions." Like making Pepper the CEO. Well, maybe that was needed, but to others it may seem like a big step.

---

Beatrix brought him outside of the building, and she looked up at him. What Claire had said ran through her mind. She wasn't a stupid woman, she wasn't going to let other things ruin the chance of happiness. Her father always told her to do what her heart told her to do, and this had been one of those things.

"Steve," she started, holding his hands in hers. She looked up into his eyes, and that was when her heart started to race. "There is something that I have been meaning to talk to you about." This was harder than people made it look. She was never good with expressing her feelings, and especially romantic feelings such as this because she has never done it before.

"I just don't want to complicate things," she said in a slight whisper, and she looked down at the ground. As strong as this woman was, this made her completely nervous. It was a feeling that she didn't know how to react to.

"I'm still angry with you, though, Tony." Sabrina teased, pulling away from his neck. "You should have told me what was happening you!" She couldn't stay mad at him for long, just wasn't possible. Sabrina broke from their embrace and straightened out her clothing. "Anyway, making Pepper the CEO was a good decision. At least now you can focus on solving this problem of yours."

Sabrina knew he'd need all the available time he could get. Suddenly her phone rang and she politely excused herself. "Hello? Jackson? Oh, yes of course! Thank you so much, mate. Yeah. No, I understand. Thanks!" Hanging up the phone with a large smile, Sabrina turned back to Tony and winked playfully. "Guess you just got clearance to live in Malibu for the next three months?"

It had been a difficult process from the start. Having to convince her mother, then the company's board of directors and finally gaining permission from the United State's immigration committee. It was worth the struggle though. At least now she wouldn't have to worry or concern herself with the fear that she'd suddenly be called back to England for emergencies.

He knew, without her having to say anything further. Steve already knew what she was trying to say. He'd been worried at the table, but now as he saw her behavior, Steve was assured in himself. "Beatrix," he brought his free hand beneath her chin and held it softly. "I really hope we're talking about the same situation here, because I've already made up my own mind and I'd like to think you've gotten the same conclusion."

He may have been speaking with confidence, for Beatrix's sake, but Steve felt totally vulnerable for once since becoming a super solider with the serum. Conveying his inner emotions to someone so precious as Beatrix was not easy, nor did he foolishly expect it to be.

"Beatrix?" Steve needed to say it, while he had the courage. "Would you be my gal?"

It may have sounded corny, but it was the simplest way he knew.

Three months was definitely a long time, and Tony was glad to hear that she was going to stay. "Good to know that you are staying," he told her, grinning at that moment, "It's going to be easier so I don't have to worry about you going back to England on short notice." He hated it when she left him before, so it was nice that she was able to stay for a longer time. At least he hoped that was the case.

"Anyway, I am hungry," he told her in a nonchalant matter. "Let's go get some food, and we can have a little celebration for your stay. What do you say to that?" A little celebration would put him in a higher spirit than he was. Of course he was happy that she was there, but still there was something that nagged him telling him that something bad was going to happen. He was just going to live life how he wanted, and that was final.

---

Beatrix was going to start rambling about something, but she caught his words. Did he just ask her to be his gal? Her cheeks were a little pink, not because of the makeup she had, but because of how bashful she was being at this moment. A smile tugged at her lips as she looked into his eyes. "I will always be your girl, Steve," she responded, and she just had a bright smile on her face.

With that said, she wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked into his eyes for a brief moment before she started to lean in towards him, then she surprised herself by placing a gentle kiss on his lips. Her eyes closed, letting her lips linger on his for a moment, just waiting for his reaction.

"Sounds like a plan to me, love." Sabrina wouldn't object to getting some food. Hunger has been aching at her stomach for over an hour. However, when Tony mentioned having a small celebration she was hesitant. "Oh, thought you should know," she swelled with pride as she paused for effect. "I've been sober for months! Ever since that night at my hotel!"

There's nothing wrong with drinking, but Sabrina knew her prior behavior had been progressing towards a dangerous addiction. "I can indulge a drink every now and then with you, though." She also missed the taste, it had been delicious. Sabrina walked towards the exit, reaching for Tony's hand and walked up the stairs with him at her side.

Once they were spotted by a curiously staring Happy, however, Sabrina immediately dropped Tony's hand and waved nervously. "Hello again~" She sang awkwardly, taking a long stride away from Tony's side.

Happy just raised a finger at them, "I know something is going on between you!" He accused, causing Sabrina to chuckle in amusement.

"Oh, sir, you're wrong. We're merely close friends." She turned to Tony, winking suggestively. "Isn't that right, love?"

Tickled with delight and minor embarrassment, Steve happily caught Beatrix in his arms and held her against him tightly. When she joined their lips together, the blond's brows lifted high in surprise and his eyes widened. After adjusting to the initial shock, Steve chuckled against her luscious lips and returned her enthusiasm.

Steve has little experience with kissing, but seemed to be doing perfectly fine following her lead. Like always. Steve held her by the waist, hands unconsciously stroking her with small movements. He cherished the kiss for as long as it lasted. When they broke apart, his cheeks were flushed and he wore a ginormous grin. A kid's smile at Christmas would have paled by comparison.

"You're amazing, Beatrix." His voice was thicker, coated with an unusual sensual tone. "I'm a truly lucky man." Steve didn't let her speak, capturing her mouth in another kiss. This time more passionate and lifted her off the ground, spinning them quickly in a circle. Gently bringing her back to a stance, Steve kissed her forehead tenderly.

"I am proud of you," Tony told her with a nod, really glad that she had cut back on the drinking. Drinking made her go a little crazy, especially after that one night. That one night was not fun when she was drunk, but it happened. He had those moments too, but now he just drank to enjoy the taste of his drink. He wasn't keen on getting drunk, since that wasn't really his style anymore.

When they went upstairs, he saw that Happy was still there. Sabrina dropped his hand and then Tony just looked at the man awkwardly. "Nothing is going on, Happy," he told him, his hands were raised to show that nothing was happening. "As she said, we are just close friends, and we are about to go eat. So, if you will excuse us."

He wasn't going to let Happy have the chance to respond, he just ushered Sabrina out of the house and outside to the car that she had left him when she left for England. "You drive, I am sure you miss your baby," he told her, handing her the key. "And your baby misses you too."

---

Beatrix felt the electricity go through her body as they shared the kiss. It was one of those amazing feelings that were rare, but when it happened, it was like she was on fire. When he pulled away and had a sensual tone, that made her blush. When she was about to say something, his lips captured hers again in a passionate fashion and he spun them around. The kiss made her weak at the knees, so when he kissed her forehead, she had to lean against him.

"Why did we wait so long?" she questioned, a small laugh escaped her lips. She felt amazing, like she was on cloud nine. When she wasn't weak at the knees anymore, she stood properly and looked up at him. Then she remembered something, what if Fury found out? He would be furious.

"Precious!" Sabrina exclaimed in excitement, literally running to her car. Immediately after being given the key from Tony, she quickly surveyed the car's condition. Much to her surprise, it was perfect. Tony obviously had taken excellent care of it while she was gone. "Oooo~ I missed you!" She affectionately patted the roof before opening her door and got seated inside.

"I hated not having her in England," Sabrina confessed as she started the engine, falling in love instantly with the rumbling sounds. "I wanted to leave her as a reminder for you, though. So you wouldn't forget me." That was the truth. Stupid and corny, but entirely accurate.

From the windows of his own car, Happy kept a close eye on the couple. He didn't trust Sabrina. No valid reasoning as to why, aside from the fact that she seemed completely infatuated with Tony. Happy knows how tricky women can be and just wants to protect his friend.

As if reading her mind, which he couldn't, Steve brought a hand to cup Beatrix's cheek. "If Fury finds out he'll be angry, but I don't care. He wouldn't dare command us to leave Shield." He knew this with confidence. Both he and Beatrix are too valuable. "We just can't let this new relationship interfere with our duties and responsibilities to Shield."

Steve has always been loyal and this new development wouldn't change that. Except, now his loyalty would be extended to Beatrix as well. Fury could lecture him for hours, even command Steve to relinquish his relationship and it wouldn't happen. Beatrix is the one thing that Steve would be willing to disobey orders for.

"Besides, aren't Natasha and Clint an item anyway?" Steve joked, pinching her cheek playfully.

Tony chuckled at the affection she gave the car as she walked, well ran, up to it. Of course he had taken care of it, he wanted to make sure that it stayed in good condition. He always left it in his garage when he wasn't driving, and did the normal check ups. He wasn't going to let the car just sit in his garage to collect dust, it was too nice of a car. As she sat in the driver's seat, he sat in the passenger seat.

"I wouldn't have forgotten you anyway," he said, looking over at her. It was certainly a nice gesture though. "You were a pain in the butt when you were here, so how could I forget you?" He was teasing her at this point, harmless teasing. "So, we were rudely interrupted last time, let's try to get Mexican food again. Hopefully you don't have to ship off to England when we get there."

---

Steve was right. They were valuable to SHIELD, so Fury wouldn't be able to drop them all together. He needed a super soldier like Steve to stay on the team, and he also needed Beatrix for her certain line of expertise. Sure, he had Natasha, but Beatrix did things differently than her. Fury would be insane if he let them go because of their relationship.

When he mentioned Natasha and Clint, she let out a small laugh. "They say that they are not, but I can see how cozy they get with each other," she replied.

She looked back at the building, and then at Steve once more. "Let's get out of here," she suggested, giving him a teasing wink. "Let's go pretend that we are sixteen again and go get a milkshake."

Sabrina just responded with her tongue stuck out, playfully mocking Tony's harmless insult. "Oi, at least I know how to have fun. The same can't be said for you, Tony 'kill joy' Stark." She floored the petal and drove off into the streets, zooming wildly through the traffic. Her driving style hasn't changed at all.

They arrived and Sabrina immediately got out, ready and prepared to calm her angered stomach. She met Tony at the entrance, gently nudging his hand with her own and smiled happily. "Don't worry, I won't be leaving you anytime soon." She teased, ruffling his hair affectionately. "Unless you ask nicely, of course."

As they were seated and handed their menus, another person had followed them. Thankfully, it wasn't Simpson. No, this man was younger than Sabrina by a few years. Most likely eighteen or so. He looked extremely excited to be in her presence and Sabrina tried her best remain friendly.

"Hello, can I help you?" She smiled, moving her eyes away from Tony.

The young man beamed in happiness, dropping his magazine to the table and nearly split Tony's water onto his lap. Sabrina's eyes caught the image on the cover and instantly tried to hide it. However, her guest wasn't allowing that to happen.

"You're Sabrina Adele Ryder!" He exclaimed, pointing to the magazine and poking it several times. "You're my dream girl!"

Although flattered to be someone's ideal spouse, Sabrina dismissed him with a small wave. "I'm honored, truly, but I'm actually having a meal with my..."

"Why did you drop out of modeling?" She was silent, eyes falling to the magazine's cover once more. It was a photo of her, posed and wearing only a black two piece swimsuit. She looked beautiful, but Sabrina couldn't recognize herself. She isn't that woman anymore.

"I have my reasons, sir. Now please, you're interrupting."

He didn't need to be convinced. Steve obediently followed Beatrix to wherever she wanted to lead him. It was nice to have someone else by the guide. Even though he knows more about the world now, Beatrix always has the best ideas and he enjoys their little adventures.

"Sounds good to me," Steve agreed, reaching for her hand and held it happily.

Tony sat at the table, looking at the menu. Cue the annoying teenager who walked up to the table with no respect as he put his magazine down. He watched his water for a moment, making sure that it didn't fall onto his lap. That would have been really bad, and he could have blew a fuse. He eyed the magazine, looking at the picture. Of course he knew about Sabrina's modeling days, he did his research.

Then he looked up at the boy, annoyed at him. "If you will please be kind and leave us alone, we are trying to enjoy a pleasant meal with just the two of us," he said to the kid, hoping that the kid would take the hint and scram. Hopefully this kid wasn't a fun of his, or the boy would probably linger until he got an autograph or something.

---

Beatrix smiled, leading him out onto the sidewalk and going down the street. There was a diner that was located not too far from the dance club. She led them in, soon they were seated at a booth. Luckily it wasn't busy like it normally was. "Their milkshakes here are amazing," she commented. Just as she said that, the waitress came up and Beatrix ordered one of their vanilla shakes, which could be easily shared with two people. "You want anything else?" The waitress waited for them to do anymore side orders before she went away to put in the orders.

She reached over, keeping her hand on top of Steve's. It was a nice feeling being to finally call herself his gal. That was pure happiness, and she wouldn't have it any other way. She had a feeling their relationship wouldn't interfere with their work because it shouldn't have anyway. As long as they kept the two things separated.

Sabrina could have leaped with joy when she overheard Tony trying to dismiss the boy. He took the teen's attention away from her and instead got himself involved. The boy eyed Tony suspiciously, then frowned and looked extremely irritated. "Are you her date? I didn't know Sabrina Adele Ryder was dating anyone." He just had to continue using her full name, something that annoyed her greatly.

"If you're going to speak about me, then just use Sabrina. I don't like my middle name."

She shouldn't have spoken. Immediately his attention returned to her. Ignoring Tony and nearly elbowing him in the jaw while doing so. "Why are you in America? Have you decided to return into modeling? Are you currently involved with anyone?" The questions wouldn't stop. They were overwhelming.

Finally, Sabrina rose from the table and stormed off. The idiot following behind her.

"That's all," Steve confirmed for the waitress, turning his attention back to Beatrix. He enjoyed having her hand on his and didn't even consider taking it away. When their milkshake arrived, Steve eagerly took a large sip and delight filled his eyes. "Tastes just like I remember." This was a perfect day for him. Happening to have Beatrix as his girl, drinking a delicious milkshake and having no horrible flashbacks was all he could ever ask for.

"Fury has given me permission to have my own apartment outside of Shield." The topic was random, but Steve felt it had importance. "I'm thinking of living somewhere near where my old neighborhood used to be. Does that sound good?"

Tony just glared at the kid, obviously annoyed with him at this point. Now he wasn't leave Sabrina alone. This was a problem. The teenager was harassing her for no reason at all. This was time for the older gentleman to do something about it. He stood up, and followed after the two, hot on their trail. He wasn't going to touch the boy, he was just going to say some things to him.

"Hey, just leave her alone, kid, clearly she doesn't want to be asked questions," he said, wishing things like this didn't happen. This was the second time their outing was ruined. Now what could he do? It was like they had to stay inside the whole time or they were going to be bothered like this. "As her boyfriend, I don't condone to your behavior towards her." Probably that was going to get the annoying brat to get away.

---

Beatrix took a sip of the milkshake, giving Steve a smile. She just couldn't stop smiling, it was hard not to smile, especially around him. The night turned amazing, and she wanted it to continue. At the mention of Fury letting him leave the area of Shield, she thought for a moment as he mentioned his old neighborhood. "I can't stop you if you want to go there," she told him, "But do you think it would be harder for us to see each other?"

She stayed at the headquarters now because she gave her mother her old apartment since the elder woman couldn't afford her own place anymore. It didn't bother Beatrix at all that she was living on premises, but if Steve were to leave, they would be further away from each other. It wasn't like they couldn't see each other if that were to happen, it just made things a little difficult.

"Wait," the boy grimaced. "You're dating Sabrina?"

Tony had to be careful with how he answered this. If he seriously accepted that role, fictional or not, he'd be assigning himself up for media harassment. Sabrina is known to be a conservative young woman and Tony's reputation is known as a playboy; they don't exactly mingle in the same social circles. Whatever Tony decided, Sabrina would support and play along. She just wanted to be left alone by the media. She isn't harassed like this back home in England. America reporters and the media are a million times worse.

Sitting on a bench outside, hands rubbing at the soreness building behind her forehead, Sabrina didn't know what was going on inside. The boy waited for Tony's answer, threatening to go after her if he didn't reply soon. "I don't believe you. Sabrina hasn't dated anyone in four years. You and her have nothing in common. Besides, everyone knows you harbor feelings towards your assistan-I mean, new CEO."

"Oh," Steve whispered, glancing downwards. "I didn't think about that." His former neighborhood was located farther in New York and he wouldn't be within close range of Beatrix. Originally he'd been excited for the move, but now was having second thoughts. He didn't want to make things even more difficult for himself and Beatrix. She was his priority. Besides, his apartment with Shield wasn't terrible. He could set aside his selfishness for her. He always would.

"Forget it, Beatrix." Steve smiled, lifting her hand and gently kissed her knuckles. "I'd rather stay."

Maybe at some point, they could live together? Steve banished the thought from his head for now, though.

With a moment of thought, Tony knew that this was going to be a terrible idea. All he wanted to do was to get the kid away from the both of them. Then the kid had the nerve to say they had nothing in common. He didn't even know them. How did he know that for sure?

"Well, we are," he answered. Now he didn't know what to do. He looked around and then tried to find Sabrina. There was probably a chance that he had to prove himself. Was this a good idea though? He had no idea.

---

Beatrix just gave him a kind smile as he made his decision to stay for a little while longer. Perhaps they could stay together one day, but she wasn't going to push that just yet. So for now, she was content. She took this time to take a sip of the milkshake.

She took a cherry that was on top of the milkshake, popping it into her mouth. "Let me show you my useless talent," she said, putting the cherry stem in her mouth. After a moment she pulled it out, showing that it was tied in a knot. "Tada."

It was something that she taught herself awhile back.

Completely dumbfounded with the news of Sabrina's, totally fictional, relationship and having himself put in place by none other than Tony Stark, the kid collapsed mentally and just store there like a statue. Although she just walked back into the restaurant, Sabrina immediately realized that something truly monumental had occurred when she found Tony in a slightly frazzled state of mind. "Tony?" He looked sick. "Tony, what's wrong?" She tried to shake the words out of him, literally by the shoulders. But they were suddenly surrounded by a crowd of reporters. Obviously the kid had gotten his mind fully operational just in time to leak the information.

"Mr. Stark! When did you Sabrina first meet?"
"How long have you been dating?"
"Are you thinking of settling down?"
"Miss. Ryder, are you moving to America?"
"Why are you dating Tony Stark?"

Sabrina was bombarded with questions, but pieced together what had happened. Speaking through clenched teeth and with narrowed eyes, Sabrina squeezed Tony's hand tightly enough to cause bruising. "Just what did you do, Tony?" She was furious.

A useless talent? Steve thought otherwise.

If she was that skilled with her tongue, Steve had to wonder what other talents she had hidden. He'd have to find out sometime. For now, Steve just smiled and teasingly poked her nose with his fingertip. "You're adorable." She truly is. After they finished the shared milkshake, which lasted a surprisingly long time between them, Steve escorted his lady outside.

"I want to show you something back at my place," Steve announced, smiling. "It's a gift. Something I made while you were away on your mission."

He'd missed her terribly during that time. It felt like she'd been gone forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.